The Amazon Christmas List

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Amazon have recently released their annual Christmas lists for video games and some surprises have come from it. They have split it into regional area and here are the United Kingdom and United States lists:

UK:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360)
New Super Mario Bros Wii (Wii)
Wii Fit Plus - Game Only (Wii)
Wii Sports Resort with Wii MotionPlus (Wii)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii)
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (DS)
Assassin's Creed II (360)
Assassin's Creed II (PS3)
Wii Fit Plus with Wii Balance Board (Wii)

OK, so let us have a look over the United Kingdom one first, shall we? Naturally, it is of no surprise that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 tops the list on both XBOX 360 AND PlayStation 3. Both of the platforms have had huge sales come from it already and they will be thanking their lucky stars that Activision and Infinity Ward have released Modern Warfare 2 at this time of year. I say that mainly because there really hasn't been any fantastic games that have been released in the last month as developers go running scared of the Modern Warfare behemoth. The way I see it is that Modern Warfare will carry the consoles through this period and Assassin's Creed will also chip in and do it's part. Truth be told, I ama huge fan of both of the titles and I think that any games that I decide to buy in this period will only add to my enjoyment over the period.

However, the main shock that comes form this list is that it is completely dominated by Nintendo. It is almost shocking. I created a thread earlier today that stated that Nintendo had outsold Microsoft and Sony again in the month of November and now this evidence comes to light! What's more incredible is that their is only one duplication on the part of Nintendo and it isn't even really a duplication as the board is not exactly needed with the game as the old board from Wii Fit Plus works with the new one and no improvements have been made. 6 of the entries are for Nintendo and if you count both Assassin's Creed 2 and Modern Warfare 2 as single entities then Nintendo makes 6/8ths of the Christmas wish list. Impressive huh?

US:
New Super Mario Bros (Wii)
Nintendo Wii, White
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (360)
Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board
PlayStation 3 Slim, 120GB
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Wii Sports Resort (Wii)
Wii Fit Plus (Wii)
Assassin's Creed II (360)

The United States paint a much more healthy picture for the others, with Sony doing slightly better and Microsoft doing the exact same basically. However, it is still dominated by Nintendo.

Anyway, do you think that Amazon have it right? Do you think that what we see in front of us will be the shape of things come Christmas? More importantly, what is on your Christmas list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back