Favorite Match You Attended

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite would be when I lived in Springfield, MO back in 2005. The date was Sept 11 and the Main Event was Batista vs Eddie Guerrero for the World Title. At One Point a bunch of male fans were chantin Eddie's name and Batista made a queer refence to Eddie during the match and Eddie accidentally grabbed the Ref's butt which was hilarious. At that same event was the 1st time I saw the Taker live and I had to go to the restroom but couldnt move due to astonishment of his entrance. (Has anybody else had that happen when the Taker makes his way to the ring live.) Plus that's when I got T.LO's, Randall Orton, and Tony Chimel's autograph's.
So my favorite match live was Batista vs Eddie Guerrero for the World Championship @ The Shrine Mosque in Springfield, Missouri on Sept. 11th, 2005.
the other greatest moment for me was when I met my Adoptive great uncle Harley Race in Moberly Missouri.

Gotta be Briscoes v's Aries & Strong in the Liverpool Olympia at ROH's European Vacation, absolutely phenomenal, the pinnacle of tag-team competition! It just edged out Kenta & Ishimori V's Danielson & Edwards at NOAH's European Vaction. Special mention has to go to Kobashi & Shiozaki v's Misawa & Marafuji at the same event. Just to see these men live was a honour for any wrestling fan, especially with the passing of Misawa recently. Just realised that there all tag-team matches, how strange!

Starrcade 1997 Hollywood Hulk Hogan VS Sting

Summerslam 2005 Hulk Hogan VS Shawn Michaels

stone cold and william regal vs chris jericho and chris benoit

this was a house show event in may 2001, fianlyl got to see my fav wrestler stone cold wrestle, as the wwf champion as well which made it even cooler for me

My favorite was the Kaz/Petey Williams match from Slammiversary 2008. I was front row ringside which made the experience even better.

Hand down Wrestlemania 20! I was a huge Chris Benoit fan. Being in the most passionate wrestling town in the world, at MSG was something special for me. My seats were next to the tech crew so you could see the wrestlers poking their heads out of the curtain to watch the main event. To see Tom Prichard (aka Brother Love) mouth "congratulations Chris," with tears in his eyes, told the story of how everyone in that arena felt. It was amazing.

Don't really have a favorite match, however my favorite show that I attended was in Bridgeport CT when DX spray painted their logo on Vinces Jet, his limo (after they tore the axel clear off of it) and the WWE headquarters. Actually, there have been many great moments in Bridgeport.

If I have to choose a favorite match, it would be one from North East Wrestling's WrestleFest XII. Ron Zombie, a favorite underground wrestler of mine, was faceing the NEW champ for his title in a hardcore match. I was front row next to the isle, so I got awesome seats for the whole show, but during the match, they brought out a table and set it next to the ring. As they were setting it up just two feet in front of me, I realized it WASNT a breack-away table. It was an average table. Everybody around me knew this wasnt gonna go down the way it should. Eventually, the two wrestlers set up for a ddt on the table from the edge of the ring. The table didn't break, and instead slipped out from underneath them and flew right towards me, hitting me in the leg and sending the two directly to the uncovered floor. I couldnt help but feel like I was part of the action. Still trying to find video of it online, cuz I'm too cheap to buy the DVD.

For me My Fav Matches from the Live shows

was Firstly, In my hometown of London, Ontario Canada. Benoit Vs Orton this was also the same night that Evolution Turned on Randy Orton, Nobody saw it coming....was Great!!

Also on Smackdown Hornswoggle Vs Mini Boogeyman was also a hoot, nothing better then two Little people going at it!!

Mine would be wrestlemania 20 at the garden where eddie retained against angle and benoit beat HBK and game.

At the end of the show when they got together in the ring and they held their titles up to the crowd was bone chilling.

And when i attended mania 22 in chicago and got to witness the cena game title match. If you were there, you'd understand how epic that match really was.

2 Events Stand out in my mind:

1) Wrestlemania 13, Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bret "Hitman" Hart, Submission Match. Couldn't believe the way the crowd ended up behind Austin...what a show overall, but to see both of these men live in the fight of their lives was truly fantastic and unforgettable.

2) Monday Night Raw, 1999 Chris Jericho debuts in WWF. For months, the Milennium clock counted down and everyone speculated on what this was even for. Rock is giving a fantastic in ring promo, the lights go out, the music hits, and once the name "Jericho" flashed on the Titantron, the entire crowd lost it. Louder than any concert I've ever been to. What a great moment.

1. Taker vs. Angle vs. The Rock Vengeance (world title)
2. Steiner vs. Nash vs. Jarrett WCW Thunder (world title)
3. Lethal Lockdown Match TNA Lockdown 07
4. Money In The Bank Wrestlemania 23
5. X Division KOTM Match Slammiversary 09

I've been to probably 6 RAWS... 3 WWE PPV's... 1 WCW THunder... 2TNA PPVS and AFTER ALL THAT I'm slowly burning out. Die hard for about 12 years.

Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle from summerslam 2004 in Toronto, was really into the match and other then Orton winning his first world title, those 2 performers really stood out that night.

This is very easy for me, Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania 19. In my humble opinion this match was even better than HBK's later classics against Taker and Angle, and anybody who has seen this match knows how good it was. Definately the highlight of my Mania experience.

Me. Triple H Vs. Mankind August 23, 1999 Ames, IA. This was where Triple H won the WWE Championship for the 1st time. Not a Good Match. But, it was where it all began 4 The Game

KOO2BME!!

I have been to a lot of events here in Phoenix, AZ. My favorite was a Raw taping. It was at the begining of the Austin Mcmahon fued. I think it was one of the first stunners McMahon got.

Taker v HBK. Sitting in the 9th row was simply electrifying. I didn't chant louder at any other point in the show. The whole crowd was going absolutely nuts and we were all worried when Taker landed awkwardly after his top rope dive. I didn't think he'd getup and the streak would end due to a botch, but the Deadman perservered and we witnessed a classic, pure and simple. I hadn't felt excitement or joy at that level for a long time, and for 25 minutes, i forgot about all the personal issues back home. Amazing experience. My first wrestling PPV, my first WM, and i got to see a modern day classic.

Another worthwhile mention would be Jericho v Cena on Raw a couple of weeks after that. Good back and forth match, with the predictable Edge run in, but the match itself was the highlight of the night.

Eugene and William Regal vs La Resistance (c) vs Rhino & Tajiri on November 15, 2004. It was my first ever live event and Eugene was (is still) one of my favorite wrestlers. To see him win the Tag Team title with William Regal made my day and I've never forgotten the date. Also. That day was when maven was GM...

Here are my top ten live matches in no particular order....

Smackdown taping in 2000 (Detroit) . It was the first night the Radiclaz (Benoit, Guerrero, Saturn and Dean) wrestled after showing up the crowd the night before on Raw. Eddie got hurt tagging with Saturn against the N.A.O. Dean wrestled X-Pac and Benoit wrestled HHH.

Wrestle Mania 22 (Chicago). Triple H-Cena. Average match but the crowd made it 10 times better.

Wrestle Mania 22 (Chicago) Mysterio-Angle-Orton. Great match that could of been a 5 star if given more time.

Wrestle Mania 22 (Chicago) HBK-Vince. Vince gets his ass beat and HBK's elbow from the top of that huge ladder was amazing

Wrestle Mania 22 (Chicago) Foley-Edge. Great hardcore match with the insane flaming table spot

Wrestle Mania 23 (Detroit) MITB. The J. Hardy-Edge spot was classic. Great spotf est overall

Wrestle Mania 23 (Detroit) Taker-Batista. Way better than I expected although the outcome was never in question. Great to see Taker win the strap

Royal Rumble 09 (Detroit) Rumble Match. It was not the greatest Rumble ever but it was pretty good and it was cool to see one in person. Was glad Orton won

Raw in 2002 (Detroit) Austin/Rock-Hogan/Hall/Nash. 6 days before Mania 18. It was the only time Rock, Hogan and Austin were in the same match and the only time Hogan and Austin ever squared off in the ring

ECW House Show in 1999. (Detroit) Dudleys-Balls Mahoney/Axl Rotten. Balls takes a 3D threw a flaming table of thumbtacks. Before the match Bubba called a teenage girl a ****e, wow, good ol' ECW, lol

I was at the No Mercy PPV in Baltimore where it was John Cena vs. Kurt Angle. It was the beginning of Cena's face turn. The crowd was 50/50. My friends and I were split. I was for Cena and my friend was for Angle. It was some of the most fun I ever had at a WWE event. The same event was Vince vs. Stephanie and Taker vs. Brock. One of the best live show I have been to.

I was there live in Omaha, NE during the finals of the Gold Rush Tournament for Raw. Edge squared off against Kane, with the lovely Lita. I'm a HUGE Kane mark, so when lita turned on Kane and left with Edge, I was shocked. I do feel like I witnessed one of the major moments of Edge's rise to the top of WWE...

What a kick ass event....

I never heard a crowd louder and the pops so awsome when Hulk Hogan came to the ring....

It gave you such a wicked rollercoaster feeling in ur stomach..... Just amazing

I was at WM 6 aswell but the pop at WM18 was above and beyond what i was expecting.........

Just Amazing

I know these two wont seem like they belong in the same groupe but they do. HBK VS Bret (Iron Man), and Edge VS Taker WM. They both had the same feel, excitement. I know Flair VS HBK was great but Edge Taker stole the show. I dont think i need to say anything about HBK, Bret.

Honorable mention: I was also there when Jericho beat Rock and Austin in the same night. Really close.

@ The Brain,

U said everything that I was going 2 say about that cage match @ Summer Slam 94, I was also there, I remember arriving @ the venue & almost getting in2 a fight with some fool dressed as Jerry Lawler walking around with "Bret Hart's Crying Towel" as 4 the match, I was surprised 2 see the British Bulldog there in Bret's corner, I thought he'd never be back in the WWF @ the time.

my other favorite match that I attended was a taping of Smackdown on April 12, 2005, that was a favorite of mine also, mainly because the camera got a few glimpses of me, oh yeah, there was also something about John Cena unveiling the new WWE "Spinner" belt that night.

Tie
Summerslam 1993 @ The Palace
The Lex Express pulls in slams Yokozuna and everyone celebrates with red,white, blue balloons falling

Wrestlemania 23
John Cena drives a Detroit car into the arena! Then proceeds to hand that pompous ass HBK a beat down he has been deserving since turning on Jannetty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back