Favorite Local Bands

Rhonda Rousey's Sports Bra

Kinda Sorta Old School
What are your favorite bands that are local bands (haven't made it big yet) and why? A few bands that I like around the St. Louis area are Brook Royal and Hollow Point Heroes. I'm not sure if Brook Royal has been on any big tours to get exposed yet but I know HPH hasn't. Hollow Point Heroes are my old roomates cousin's band and I thought they where pretty good, and I really dig Brook Royal's sound.

[youtube]UeQeo51j_L0&NR=1[/youtube]

[youtube]BtJ11YjBgqI[/youtube]

Can I say my band? :p

One band I really like is a band called Farewell Alice, they formed at our school and have left by now, but there music is great. Their music is sort of a mix between punk rock and hard rock. They have 3 people in the band, a guitarist/vocalist, a bassist and a drummer, and their chemistry is amazing. They haven't been on any big tours, they're still as far as I know trying to find some gigs, but what i've seen from them has been amazing.

Can I say my band? :p

One band I really like is a band called Farewell Alice, they formed at our school and have left by now, but there music is great. Their music is sort of a mix between punk rock and hard rock. They have 3 people in the band, a guitarist/vocalist, a bassist and a drummer, and their chemistry is amazing. They haven't been on any big tours, they're still as far as I know trying to find some gigs, but what i've seen from them has been amazing.

I just listened to one of their songs, not exactly my cup of tea but they have a unique sound. But you just got their name out to one more person and that's really the point of this thread.

Another local band that I freakin' love is Ludo, again I'm not sure how well they have been exposed but they put on an awesome show.

[youtube]0XH3oMNKApI&feature=fvst[/youtube]

One of my favourite local bands from up in my hometown was a high school band known as A Name Unheard (ANU). They used to have a song called New England that I really liked. I want them to go on to be something special, but I think they broke up, havent followed after moving out of town. They have a wide array of music, from punk to funk. Their site is http://anameunheard.com/, but the song is not on there. Milo the great is a great song, with a bit of a funk sound to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back