Favorite Film Of Robert Rodriquez

How could you not like Robert De'Nero as the racists corrupt senator, Jeff Fahey and Jessica Alba hotness in the movie with badass Danny Trejo and Cheech Marin action.

Probably DeNiro's worst performance ever, and thats saying something. Coincidentally Alba puts in a better performance than he does, she's still acted off screen by Steven Seagal though. Jeff Fahey was the best thing in it. Bad ass Trejo & Marin action? You should watch From Dusk Till Dawn or Desperado, son. A much better example of Danny & Cheech being badass.

Does Predators count? If so, definately that one. Easily the most coherent and least pretentious of all the films being listed. Fucking loved it, it appears this movie is already being criminally underrated. When there are guidelines and less room for self indulgence, Rodriguez does his best work, and it shines through on Predators.

Dusk Til Dawn is awesome though. Spy Kids, rocked also.

Does Predators count?

It was directed by Nimród Antal - whose name is really close to "Nimrod Anal", teehee! - who was also behind, IMDB says, Kontroll, Vacancy and, um, Armoured, so probably not. I honestly think that Rodriguez only took the producing job on that so he could fuck around with the Predator merchandise and entertain the fans on the Q&A tours.

As for the movie, it's somewhat underrated. Adrien Brody was a surprisingly competent leading man. "Oh, he doesn't look like Arnie!", they cried. No, he looks like an actual soldier - i.e. somebody who could run across a room in less than a day. The bits with ol' Laurence were a highpoint for the film; he was killed off way too early and arbitrarily.

Otherwise, the movie was, ehh, decent. Watchable. Didn't really care for the new predators, nor the fact that the trailer claimed that there were more than four of the ***** when there weren't. It's likely the second best film with predators in it but that's not saying much.

Mean tell me you guys did not know FDTD was gonna be a horror film with vampires? I can understand though with how the first half of the movie went.

If you hadn't seen the trailer or heard any hype, I think that's perfectly understandable. I've never seen the trailer, so you maybe could have even seen that and still not known. From Dusk Till Dawn sounds like the title of both a modern day western and a vampire film, so you can see why people wouldn't see it coming. I envy them.

Would of love to see more films with Seth Gekko as the main character.

Clooney was awesome here. He was a bad guy, but you just wanted to root for him. He was a lot more sensible than Tarantino's character in this movie, and he was an aggressive leader. Harvey Keitel's character was also very intriguing. He was a pastor who had lost his faith, and he was struggling with his beliefs. Keitel was the voice of the reason throughout the film, and I really enjoyed his performance here. Also, Juliette Lewis provided some comic relief in this movie. From Dusk Till Dawn really did have a great cast of characters.

Clooney was awesome here. He was a bad guy, but you just wanted to root for him. He was a lot more sensible than Tarantino's character in this movie, and he was an aggressive leader. Harvey Keitel's character was also very intriguing. He was a pastor who had lost his faith, and he was struggling with his beliefs. Keitel was the voice of the reason throughout the film, and I really enjoyed his performance here. Also, Juliette Lewis provided some comic relief in this movie. From Dusk Till Dawn really did have a great cast of characters.

I looked at Seth Gekko as an antihero. He only killed people if he had too, yes he was not a good man but would not say he was a bad man either. Sure he was a thief but he was nice to people as long as they did not piss him off. He brought hostage women in the beginning of the film food and was gonna let her go too also at the end gave Juliette Lewis character money for her families death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back