Favorite Film Of Robert Rodriquez

Dean Winchester

Getting Noticed By Management
I have to say hism ost recent one Machete. It had good action, alot of blood, gore and sex and nudity. Danny Trejo was a badass in the film, plus I also enjoyed Robert De'Nero, Don Johnson, Michelle Rodriquez and who could notl ove Jessica Alba sexy ass in the film. Then of course you had Steven Siegal's appearance which was also awesome. My favorite Robert Rodriquez film hands down.

Machete is a pile of shit. The action is enjoyable, but there's not enough of it. How he managed to make a film that stupid so boring and pompous I do not know.

My personal favorite if From Dusk Till Dawn. The first time I saw it I didn't know what would happen in the 2nd half of the film. It also helps that Rodriguez didn't write it. The man has a lot of ideas, but very few work well.

I'd say Spy Kids is his best film though.

Machete is a pile of shit. The action is enjoyable, but there's not enough of it. How he managed to make a film that stupid so boring and pompous I do not know.

My personal favorite if From Dusk Till Dawn. The first time I saw it I didn't know what would happen in the 2nd half of the film. It also helps that Rodriguez didn't write it. The man has a lot of ideas, but very few work well.

I'd say Spy Kids is his best film though.

FDTD just as stupid and had same amount of action as Machete.

Sin City and it really isn't close. I love Robert Rodriguez films, they are extremely fun to watch, but Sin City is a great film. All of the storylines that crossed paths with one another perfectly, very good acting, some amazingly shot scenes. The use of color was probably the most fascinating part of the film. Without the black and white, noir style scenes the film would have felt way less original. It just connected with the way the graphic novel is to a T. Sin City wasn't as over the top as most Rodriguez films but it had enough violence to suffice and the acting was very good.

Sin City and it really isn't close. I love Robert Rodriguez films, they are extremely fun to watch, but Sin City is a great film. All of the storylines that crossed paths with one another perfectly, very good acting, some amazingly shot scenes. The use of color was probably the most fascinating part of the film. Without the black and white, noir style scenes the film would have felt way less original. It just connected with the way the graphic novel is to a T. Sin City wasn't as over the top as most Rodriguez films but it had enough violence to suffice and the acting was very good.

Yeah it was a good film...think it would of been better under Tarantino, but it was a good film still.

Yeah it was a good film...think it would of been better under Tarantino, but it was a good film still.

Tarantino did direct a section of the film. I forget exactly which story or portion of the film he worked on but he did direct a part of the movie, as did Frank Miller the creator of the Sin City graphic novels. But Rodriguez did most of the directing and he did a hell of a job with it. I wouldn't want it any other way because with Tarantino we would have just gotten more dialogue and more grotesque violence. Not a bad thing, but Rodriguez mixed the violence, dialogue, and scenery to perfection.

Tarantino did direct a section of the film. I forget exactly which story or portion of the film he worked on but he did direct a part of the movie, as did Frank Miller the creator of the Sin City graphic novels. But Rodriguez did most of the directing and he did a hell of a job with it. I wouldn't want it any other way because with Tarantino we would have just gotten more dialogue and more grotesque violence. Not a bad thing, but Rodriguez mixed the violence, dialogue, and scenery to perfection.

Surprised Frank Miller directing wise for the film did a good job.

Sin City is one of my favorite movies of all time, and that's definitely my favorite Robert Rodriguez film. In addition to having a great story and great action sequences, it's a well crafted film. The characters are interesting, the camera work is beautiful as is the lighting, and it's got that Pulp Fiction element of every story being interwoven.

Can't wait for the sequels, hopefully they'll be good and do the series justice.

the faculty & death proof. 2 great flicks. one of the best guys to hit austin in a while.

Not trying to be a dick or anything but Death Proof isn't a Rodriguez film. It was a Tarantino work. I do agree about The Faculty. I loved that movie when I was younger and saw it for the first time in years a few months back. Just as good now as it was then and the cast was amazing. I love me some Famke Janssen and Josh Hartnett. It was a nice change of pace from Rodriguez's early work like From Dusk Till Dawn and Desperado. It wasn't as violent and bloody but it still had just enough to make me happy. It relied on more of a psychological aspect and that was cool.

If Rodriquez directed Death Proof it would of been good....yeah The Falcutly was a good sci fi-horror film. I was hoping that Rodriquez one day directed another horror film, like Friday the 13th. Now I know people will say he is bigger then FT13 but it would be an actual good film under Rodriquez and not just mindless killing. But its a wet dream, maybe Rodriquez will do a film similar to Inglorious Basterds, he likes to do films that are similar but still different from Tarantino.

If Rodriquez directed Death Proof it would of been good....yeah The Falcutly was a good sci fi-horror film. I was hoping that Rodriquez one day directed another horror film, like Friday the 13th. Now I know people will say he is bigger then FT13 but it would be an actual good film under Rodriquez and not just mindless killing. But its a wet dream, maybe Rodriquez will do a film similar to Inglorious Basterds, he likes to do films that are similar but still different from Tarantino.

He will probably get around to another horror movie eventually. His movie selection is really odd. He will make a really violent, bloody movie like Desperado and then turn around and make Spy Kids. It is mind boggling at times to see what movies he is doing. He did produce the new Predators movie which was sort of a science fiction/horror action film. It wasn't bad but it definitely took a lot from the original Predator and just reused it.

He will probably get around to another horror movie eventually. His movie selection is really odd. He will make a really violent, bloody movie like Desperado and then turn around and make Spy Kids. It is mind boggling at times to see what movies he is doing. He did produce the new Predators movie which was sort of a science fiction/horror action film. It wasn't bad but it definitely took a lot from the original Predator and just reused it.

Yeah but I mean directing one not producing. I like to see him direct FT13, especially if he is gonna use really violent, bloody stuff.

Now that I think of it, he did direct Planet Terror which was a zombie-esque horror movie. It had all of the over the top violence and funny dialogue that a Rodriguez film has. It was actually rather funny. Not all that great but an enjoyable film to watch from time to time. So there you go, a RR horror movie that isn't circa 1990's.

I know he directed Planet Terror and it was awesome, but him directing FT13 man he take that to all new heights. Imagine Jason Vorhees under him, that be wicked man.

Oh I am not saying it wouldn't. I don't disagree at all. I don't exactly if I would want to see RR do a Friday the 13th movie but I do think he would excel in the slasher genre. A movie like Hatchet already looks like a RR movie just without him. Had it been an RR film I am sure not only would it have gone to theaters but it would have been all that much greater. I would love to see him do a slasher style movie, he is already a part of the splat pack.

He should direct that Thanksgiving film Eli Roth did for the Grindhouse films back in 2007.

It is supposedly being made, but I would put my money on Eli Roth doing it. I don't know how I feel about that though seeing as Roth hasn't really done anything of note since Hostel Part 2. The movie would be much better off if Rodriguez did it.

It's either Spy Kids or Sin City, but I'm leaning towards Sin City. Spy Kids is a classic kids film, fun for all the family and is a well done movie. Sin City is a dark, gritty and nasty film. It's noir feel only helps add to the work. It also probably helps that Frank Miller was on board to co-direct, as I think he, much like his buddy Tarantino, work best within a contained environment. If there isn't something to contain the story, it spills all over the place and it gets messy. The fact that there is a source material for this work really helps.

It's either Spy Kids or Sin City, but I'm leaning towards Sin City. Spy Kids is a classic kids film, fun for all the family and is a well done movie. Sin City is a dark, gritty and nasty film. It's noir feel only helps add to the work. It also probably helps that Frank Miller was on board to co-direct, as I think he, much like his buddy Tarantino, work best within a contained environment. If there isn't something to contain the story, it spills all over the place and it gets messy. The fact that there is a source material for this work really helps.

Tarantino is good by himself though, Frank Miller however is not, as was proven by The Spirit. Which is a film that should of been directed by Robert Rodriquez.

Sin City really just needed the Mickey Rourke section to work. The additional stories don't really add much. The middle story, in particular, is the very definition of filler. Never read the source material but I'm sure there was another, more compelling story that they could have arbitrarily stuffed in there instead. The ending was suitably tragic, mind you. Points for that.

From Dusk Till Dawn is a movie I had hyped up to no end by the time I watched it. I wish it hadn't been. It seems like a movie that works a lot better when you're not sitting around, waiting for the vampires to show up. I still think it's pretty great.

Following the build-up for Machete, I just knew it was something that would have been better served staying a trailer, being fawned over by nerds. Never bothered to see it.

Spy Kids never sat that well with me. Haven't seen it in years and it's hardly like I'me gonna bother watching it again soon.

So, I guess, FDTD wins by defualt. Sort of.

Either El Mariachi or Desperado for me.

El Mariachi being his first work and costing about $1000 to make (I think) and what he managed to achieve on that budget is amazing. The story was good, the action scenes were good and it didn't seem like a budget movie (that much)

Desperado following on the story from El Mariachi with a bigger budget and it just seemed to work really well, there were funny bits and serious bits. The story was rather basic but wasn't ridiciously confusing (like some of Tarantino's work)

For the record I also liked Planet Terror.

From Dusk 'til Dawn.

Like Jake, the first time I saw it, I had no idea what was coming in the 2nd half of the movie. It completely blew me away. Fantastic film that never gets old.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico would actually be my 2nd favorite. Believe it or not, I actually don't like either El Mariachi or Desperado, but I fucking LOVE Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Johnny Depp's performance and character in it has a lot to do with that, though. He was absolutely tremendous.

And Planet Terror is the only other film from Robert Rodriguez I really like. I hated Sin City and The Faculty, and I've never seen any of those kids movies he did. I have yet to see Machete, too.

But From Dusk Till Dawn is well written, properly paced and doesn't sag when there isn't a melee or something happening on screen!

How could you not like Robert De'Nero as the racists corrupt senator, Jeff Fahey and Jessica Alba hotness in the movie with badass Danny Trejo and Cheech Marin action.

I liked Machete. It was a fun B-Movie, and I really enjoyed Robert De Niro's performance.

But if I had to pick, I would definitely have to go with From Dusk till Dawn. This movie was filled with action, gore, and some of the violence here was very intense. Geroge Clooney was great here. I just wish we could've seen more of Quentin Tarantino. From Dusk till Dawn is one of my favorite vampire films ever.

Planet Terror would be a close second for me. The cast was great, and there was tons of gore and violence. I'm a big fan of zombie films, and I never get tired of watching this movie.

Like a slew of others I'd have to say it comes down to From Dusk Till Dawn and Sin City. I loved FDTD and George Clooney was a bad ass in that movie. I did not expect to see him dropping f-bombs and killing people. That just goes to show that you can never pigeon hole an actor. Sin City on the other hand was just a well told unchronological story with a bunch of stars and some great action sequences.

I guess I'm gonna go with FDTD. One point for the unexpected second half where I literally stood up and said, "What the fuck?" and second point for the chemistry of George Clooney and Quentin Tarantino.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back