EV 2.0 Needs Terry Funk

World_Series_Attiude

Occasional Pre-Show
For the longest time ever since EV 2.0 came to TNA I felt like something was missing and that feeling only got stronger when they began fueding with fortune. Then it hit me last thursday while watching the mick foley/ric flair segment...EV 2.0 needs Terry Funk !!! With lethal lockdown coming up why not replace richards or rhino with Funk, Can you imagine the Funkster moonsaulting off the top of the cage onto Flair. What do you guys think does EV 2.0 need Terry Funk and if so who should he replace at BFG ?

There's virtually no chance in Terry Funk joining EV2.0. If I'm not mistaken, he declined TNA's request to be part of Hardcore Justice and commented that he generally thought the whole idea was a mistake.

I respect Terry Funk, what he's done for and what he's meant to wrestling. However, the last thing that TNA needs right now is another half crippled old man running around inside the ring trying to wrestle when he's looooooooong past his prime. Personally, what I think EV2.0 needs is to just simply go away and hopefully, BFG will be the end of this feud with Fortune.

Love Terry but thas just a horrible idea and he knows it, I (was one of the few, I guess, who) enjoyed HC Justice and I think Rhyno, RVD, Sabu, Stevie, and Raven can still go (Raven may be old but he has more personality in his pinky than most wrestlers today) and should but not in a faction and not in an ECW reboot, hopefully, yes, this ends it, and while I love Terry and will remember him fondly, he's making the right decision, it pains me to know a LOT of my favs will never be seen again, but thas not always the worst thing that could happen

Sorry but its a little late to be suggesting this now as the EV2 story ends this weekend at Bound For Glory, their match with fortune closes the story, only Tommy Dreamer and maybe 1 or 2 others will be sticking around but as a whole we are headed into the final days of EV2.

Jack-Hammer pretty much summed it up. Funk was great in his prime, hell he has very good out of his prime, but his time has passed. People complain all the time about how TNA has to many old guys anyways, so why in the hell would it make sense to bring another one in? In fact, a guy who is actually older then the oldest person on the roster, and I assure you, that is old. I like Funk, never been a huge fan but never hated him, he is fun and crazy but his time has passed. He brings nothing to the table for TNA and would do more harm then good. As Jack said, the best thing for EV 2.0 is to lose at BFG and to disband. They have a good job building Fortune up and now it is time to let Fortune lose on TNA by ending EV 2.0.

Responding to one of your questions, no, I cannot imagine a 66-year old man with two wrecked knees doing a moonsault off the cage. Is this really the best reason you can come up with for EV2.0 needing Funk? I can't believe you actually expect that anyone would agree with you in this thread.

I don't think EV2 needs Funk. At least not as bad as they need to disband. This group has been on one leg from day one. They aren't gonna last long. Why give them another guy to take up space? Unless it lead's to a Foley/Funk Deathmatch with a flaming branding iron again, I don't want to see Terry in TNA or anywhere for that matter. Basically because he's not gonna do much but take space. I think EV2 already has Raven and Rhino for that.

I don't think EV2 needs Funk. At least not as bad as they need to disband. This group has been on one leg from day one. They aren't gonna last long. Why give them another guy to take up space? Unless it lead's to a Foley/Funk Deathmatch with a flaming branding iron again, I don't want to see Terry in TNA or anywhere for that matter. Basically because he's not gonna do much but take space. I think EV2 already has Raven and Rhino for that.

I am a giant ECW mark, but Funk is nowhere near needed. The people that EV2.0 need are all gone. could you imagine a Eliminators vs MCMG or GenMe match?

No, I do not think that Funk is needed in EV 2.0. Most of the guys in the faction, as much as I loved them all in their prime, are well passed their best, and Funk is much older and broken down than they are! How old is he...nearly 70?

As great as Funk was in his day, and even as the "middle aged but crazy" character in his late 50s, having a pensioner beating up guys like Wolfe and Kazarian would completely kill off the credibility those young talents who actually have a future in this business. Hell, Funk was ancient back in the original ECW, and it is completely unreleastic to have a man of his age back in the ring at this time.

He isnt even needed as a mouthpiece, EV 2.0 have Dreamer and Foley for that, and even Raven (who is better on the mic than all of them) could do the job if needed. IMO, there is no reason whatsoever for Funk, who can hardly move anyway, to be in TNA as an in-ring competitor. At his age, he could actually die in the ring if he takes too many bumps so it is just ridiculous to even think of bringing him in. His time has gone now

God no they don't need Funk. Theres enough old broken down men in the Fourtune VS EV2.0 match already. And we already have Flair screaming like crazy on impact so he wouldn't be any use there! Hopefully at Lethal Lockdown EV2.0 is finally put down for good

No, they don't need Terry Funk. What they need is to now fade into the sunset like they should have done after Hardcore Justice. I was fine with TNA doing the ECW-themed PPV and giving these guys one last ride, but it really should have been one last ride — the EV2 thing has gone too far, and needn't go any farther by bringing in even more talent of similar or greater age.

Thank you, Terry, but no thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back