Eric Young & ODB Reach A Milestone...Kind Of

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
As of tomorrow, February 28, 2013, Eric Young & ODB will have been TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champions for a full calendar year. Not only that, but they are also the longest reigning champions of any sort in the history of TNA Wrestling.

Yeah, it's kind of a joke, I know. ODB and Eric Young haven't been seen on TNA television in forever and have been used only sporadically since winning the titles. The KO tag title is pretty much the most worthless championship in professional wrestling, and the most useless for that matter. I guess it just struck me as a shame that the first wrestlers to achieve the milestone of a year long run as champions in the history of the company involves the most irrelevant championship and, arguably, the two most irrelevant members of the main roster.

I don't watch TNA, but this achievement probably isn't as bad as when Taka Michinoku won the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania XIV, and then didn't defend it for more than a year and a half.

I don't consider it a milestone whatsoever. First of all, one half of the champions is a man holding a title meant for a woman. Secondly, those belts outlived their usefulness a long time ago. How many times have they been defended during this "reign"? Those belts were mostly useless from the beginning and are absolutely worthless at this point. To say they are the least prestigious titles of any of the major wrestling federations' current active titles would be an understatement. TNA should never have let it go on this long and I am surprised they haven't simply gotten rid of those belts yet. This isn't a milestone. If the Beautiful People or Taylor & Sarita had held onto them for this long while retaining in title matches on PPV the whole time, that would be different and a legitimate milestone. This? Not a chance. It's nothing but a painful reminder of how pointless those awful excuses for championships are.

I don't consider it a milestone whatsoever. First of all, one half of the champions is a man holding a title meant for a woman. Secondly, those belts outlived their usefulness a long time ago. How many times have they been defended during this "reign"? Those belts were mostly useless from the beginning and are absolutely worthless at this point. To say they are the least prestigious titles of any of the major wrestling federations' current active titles would be an understatement. TNA should never have let it go on this long and I am surprised they haven't simply gotten rid of those belts yet. This isn't a milestone. If the Beautiful People or Taylor & Sarita had held onto them for this long while retaining in title matches on PPV the whole time, that would be different and a legitimate milestone. This? Not a chance. It's nothing but a painful reminder of how pointless those awful excuses for championships are.

once since they were acquired by ODB and EY wasn't it? and then EY left the show and ODB faded into obscurity as she should, and neither has been prominant for more then a week since. How could they have reached any milestone when they should've been stripped a month after they won them

Think they had the idea like Santino winning the Miss Wrestle-Man-ia title. and then lost interest when they worked out they didn't have enough teams anyway and EY was off doing other things.

I don't watch TNA, but this achievement probably isn't as bad as when Taka Michinoku won the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania XIV, and then didn't defend it for more than a year and a half.

He only held the title for 10months and defended it 5 times. won it on the DX PPV in December then defended at the following No Way Out in February, WrestleMania XIV in March, a Raw and a Shotgun Saturday. but then lost it to Christian 10months after he was awarded it.

Better yet what about D'Von winning back the TV Title he never lost and then has only defended it once in how many months now? or the XDivision title that goes undefended regularly

I think the big milestone is that Eric Young still has a job. He hasn't done anything worth watching in years and he is currently holding a title for a woman. Good on Eric.

As for the tag titles, meh. Nobody pays to see them in action so it's not hurting people. Give them another year of this incredible reign and things will surely be even better. It doesn't matter who holds the titles since they are irrelevant and useless to TNA.

It IS a milestone, as they are still technically the Champions, but its absolutely worthless. I have never seen a championship mean as little as the KO Tag-Team titles- even the Million Dollar Belt meant more!

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if half of the TNA storyline writers had actually forgotten that the KO Tag Titles exist, as they haven't been used in so long. If they just casually discontinued them, not a single fan in the Impact Zone would give even the slightest bit of a shiny shite. They are utterly worthless.

I do like ODB, I find her entertaining and she is more than worthy of a spot on the KO roster, but Eric Young has always been a waste of time and money. The guy needs to be released as soon as possible. Hopefully very soon.

i' highly disagree with the notion that Eric Young should be released "as soon as possible" , the guy is an amazing comedy presence and is a more than gifted wrestler. Do some research if you haven't Triple Naitch, E. Young has been apart of the roster longer than most and has had some great matches and like I said I thoroughly enjoy his comedy style , while he was being shown, it's been a while now...

i' highly disagree with the notion that Eric Young should be released "as soon as possible" , the guy is an amazing comedy presence and is a more than gifted wrestler. Do some research if you haven't Triple Naitch, E. Young has been apart of the roster longer than most and has had some great matches and like I said I thoroughly enjoy his comedy style , while he was being shown, it's been a while now...

I have watched TNA from the very beginning, and the only time I found Eric Young in the slightest bit interesting was during his spell as a more serious character in the World Elite.

I didn't enjoy him in Team Canada, the "Don't Fire Eric" gimmick got old quick, Super Eric sucked and this ODB marriage/KO Tag Champions thing is just appalling.

It's just personal opinion, I dont find him entertaining and you do. I do enjoy seeing comedy in wrestling sometimes- the Kurt Angle character in WWE was hilarious at times and I have creased up laughing at The Rock's comedy many times...but Eric Young? Not so much.

The debate now is whether or not this title means more around EY's waste than the former World Title did once he had fished it out of the trash.

Setting a company title reign record while holding a woman's belt is the perfect microcosm for how TNA has misused EY during his career.

Maybe the saddest thing is that EY is actually an incredible wrestler. Throw out the comedy shtick and the guy is a nearly elite worker in the ring. It is a shame that he had few chances to prove that on a national stage. But good for him. He made the most of what he was given to get hugely over, and transitioned it to success outside of pro wrestling as well.

The WWF had Duane Gill (Gillberg) as the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion for over a year, talk about a joke. Yeah, it's pretty silly to see Eric Young used as a comic act, but that great big organization had Santino Marella dress in drag. That's pro wrestling for you, all these organizations, past and present have done some thinks that make you just groan. But hey what can you do? It is what it indeed is, part of me just wishes that they kept Bobby Roode World Champion a little longer, even though Austin Aries winning it was cool too. It's one of the few things about TNA and wrestling in general I enjoyed the last couple years. But a full calendar year reign for Roode would have been nice, because then this topic would not have the same effect right now.

He only held the title for 10months and defended it 5 times. won it on the DX PPV in December then defended at the following No Way Out in February, WrestleMania XIV in March, a Raw and a Shotgun Saturday. but then lost it to Christian 10months after he was awarded it.

Better yet what about D'Von winning back the TV Title he never lost and then has only defended it once in how many months now? or the XDivision title that goes undefended regularly

Yeah I messed up on that part. Someone else later brought up that it was Gillberg who held it for more than a year, and had not defended it successfully. But, bringing up what you said about D'Von, which was unknown to me, just shows that there are way too many titles around. I don't watch TNA, but can't fathom why they would introduce titles like the Legends Championship, and then have the discussed wrestler in this thread, Eric Young, win it. Anyway, that's not the point, but it goes to show that titles for the non-major heavy weights, are not given the attention they were expected to receive, especially not the titles for women.

I forgot these titles even existed to be honest. Now with Eric YOung back as "Showtime" it looks like the titles could possibly be forgotten about, and I think that is a good thing. The titles never really did mean anything and they sure don't now. I think it would be better if the titles just disappeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back