Eric Bischoff's War Against the "10 Percenters"; Calls the IWC "Irrelevant"

You believe that he is being truthful in that he was referring to 10% of 10% (or 1%). I don't believe him. If I wanted to criticize 1% of wrestling fans, I would have called them "One %'ers".

I really think he hates the IWC, not just 10% of 10% (not that I blame him since him and Hogan get beat up on a regulat basis here). I think he realized that his Tweet was a stupid PR move and changed his story by coming up with a false explanation.

If I am wrong than I apologize but I assume that the interview that you are referring to took place after the Tweet. After he had time to change his story.

If so, bottom line is that I don't believe his 10% of 10% interview comment to be truthful. You believe him.

Who cares if he is true or not. He doesn't like internet fans who takes the dirt sheets like it is gospel and then use that information to put the company down.

Or alternatively, he could act like a professional and keep his mouth shut. This is a more attractive option than potentially pissing-off people who can give TNA money.

Most of these people are mashocists anyway. They enjoy the abuse. It actually makes them more likely to keep up with the product because someone important pretended to argue with them.

@shatterdreams - of course you try to please 90 over 10. However, who is to say that the quiet 90 don't feel the same as the vocal 10? At least the vocal 10 gives you a chance to correct yourself, the quiet 90 can vanish unexplicably.

Implying these people have consistent opinions is amusing. The 90 percent may be "silent" but they clearly do have preferences that are not that hard to find out. Something people that are privy to a hell of a lot more data than we are could easily figure out. Veterans vs talented nobodies is a pretty clear example IMO. There is overwhelming evidence that the older guys pop the numbers more than a lot of the internet darlings. If the 90 percent felt there should be a change then it would likely happen. They do not.

@shattereddreams - sorry for being so general but clearly 100% of all are not going to agree. You are correct.

As far as your priviledged data goes, I have no idea what data you are referring to but it sounds like it costs a company far more money then the free feedback the IWC provides. Maybe I use both for my research but I am not going to ignore the free feedback.

Again, you are correct that a veteran is more likely to pop a bigger number than a nobody. However, if I am an advertiser I am not going to spend money on a pop. I set my advertising budget months ago and I am going to spend it based on solid increasing ratings, not the chance that I am going to catch an occassional pop. I am going to get bigger consistent ratings by building bigger stars (which is not easy to do) or creating consistently enjoyable entertainment (again not easy to do).

Sounds like TNA is just now trying to build AJ, Roode, Crimson, Gunner and Ray as bigger stars (other than Gunner I have seen a lot of support from the IWC for these guys) and focus less on power struggles (something the IWC has ripped apart). I wish them the best.

If you could only have one, you would certainly choose a face over a nose. That is the point. Why try and please this small minority of the IWC that bitches and complains about every little detail because they think they know better even though they know nothing about the business? Why would you cater to this small percentage when there is a much greater percentage that does not want everything changed? Especially when that 10 percent is going to just find something new to bitch about because if they have nothing to complain about then they have to deal with their own pathetic life.

I'm not sure how to answer your statement. Eric Bischoff is a smart man. He understands the business and probably better than most currently in it. With that said, I'm still perplexed at why he'd potentially alienate 10% of his fanbase.

Maybe he's doing it purposely to garner more attention for Impact. I can't be sure. But I just believe it's risky at best to take this to the degree he has.

So Eric Bischoff ADMITS he doesn't know anything about the money end of TNA/Impact Wrestling and YET, continues to claim that TNA/Impact is profitable? He also claims he has nothing to do with talent contracts, and YET seems to know whether or not the company is making money.

How is one possible without his knowing the other? How can he KNOW TNA is profitable and at the same time ADMIT he personally doesn't know anything about the money end of the business?

BUSTED!!!!!!

So Eric Bischoff ADMITS he doesn't know anything about the money end of TNA/Impact Wrestling and YET, continues to claim that TNA/Impact is profitable? He also claims he has nothing to do with talent contracts, and YET seems to know whether or not the company is making money.

How is one possible without his knowing the other? How can he KNOW TNA is profitable and at the same time ADMIT he personally doesn't know anything about the money end of the business?

BUSTED!!!!!!

it is very easy to catch Bischoff in a lie, he sucks at cover information up when we know he is lying his ass off. Like for example with today, asking questions about Dixie Carter, claiming due to the storyline, but afterwards she continue to use twitter till the whole lawsuit force her to step down for a little while. He can't stop lying and tell the truth for once.

BUSTED!!!!!!

You obviously didn't listen clearly or you just decided to hear what you wanted to hear.

For anyone that didn't listen to him this is what the question was.

Q. There was a certain talent, who no longer works for TNA, that talked to the guy who runs wrestlezone and told him that Dixie's mother was the one to give him the contract offer when in the past Dixie was in charge of that. So has Dixie's positioned changed and does her mother take care of the contracts

What Bischoff said was. He doesn't think it is true. He said he doesn't deal with talent contracts and money. He said I can tell you I have been in talent deals recently and Dixie has been there. He said there could be deals she may not handle directly. He said from his point of view nothing has changed with her position in the company.

So I am going to say this. Dealing with contracts and the value on those contracts has nothing to do with knowing how much a company makes. Jeff Jarrett or Dixie Carter or Hulk Hogan could walk up to Eric and hand him numbers or just say hey we made such and such this month. Don't try to spin this so you can hop back up on your soap box and hate.

it is very easy to catch Bischoff in a lie, he sucks at cover information up when we know he is lying his ass off. Like for example with today, asking questions about Dixie Carter, claiming due to the storyline, but afterwards she continue to use twitter till the whole lawsuit force her to step down for a little while. He can't stop lying and tell the truth for once.

What does this have to do with anything. He was asked if she lost control of the company or if her position has changed. He said because of what happened on march 3rd she stopped doing a lot of those things. Just because she was on twitter after that till a certain point is irrelevant. Is he supposed to keep track and cliff notes of Dixies on air character?

What does this have to do with anything. He was asked if she lost control of the company or if her position has changed. He said because of what happened on march 3rd she stopped doing a lot of those things. Just because she was on twitter after that till a certain point is irrelevant. Is he supposed to keep track and cliff notes of Dixies on air character?

remember a while back when there was rumors about daffy's lawsuit with her medical bills and the whole thing with Dixie Carter's husband sexual harassment lawsuit was going on, there was reports that the lawsuit with Daffy's lawsuit might take up a lot of time. after the what we seen on tv, when Immortal took over the company as a way to write off of tv, but am not talking about her on screen character, I am talking about what's going on backstage.

then u see reports she continues to be on twitter what's going on with impact wrestling even though she was not on tv, but then soon she began to keep off of twitter because of the whole lawsuit was getting out of hand, she had to step down, and her mother took over her position. Now her mother handling the money situation. if you hear the part on the interview about a wrestler who use to work for the company said it use to be Dixie Carter handling the negotiations but its her mother. what am trying to say is that Chris Cash ask him if the rumors about why Dixie Carter step down her president role of the company is true, but what does Bischoff do, dance around the question and sort of blame on the rumor. He says he knows nothing about what's going on with money etc, but do u believe that?

Dude, Bischoff created the evil boss character Mcmahon copied it after the Montreal Screwjob. Now on topic, Bischoff is right the IWC is irrelevent because half the time we don't know what we want. Take for example Thursday, Gunner pinned Sting clean and people complained:banghead:. Sting being pinned means that he is no superman, and that Anderson could pin him to win the title tonight.

People complaining about Sting being pinned?!? What a surprise! And yes! Gunner is fresh blood, a so-far decent wrestler and was something different with Sting last week and Anderson this week. As for Bischoff creating anything... Who actually took the ball and ran and scored with it? McMahon did. Whoever came up with it, McMahon still ended up playing a MUCH better antagonist than Bischoff ever did. Aaaaannnndddd... as for as us not knowing what we want, there are some things we have been claiming for for years and still have been ignored on. Some of us are monkeys but not all of us are monkeys. The IWC's opinion doesn't rule but still does count for something.

You obviously didn't listen clearly or you just decided to hear what you wanted to hear.

For anyone that didn't listen to him this is what the question was.

Q. There was a certain talent, who no longer works for TNA, that talked to the guy who runs wrestlezone and told him that Dixie's mother was the one to give him the contract offer when in the past Dixie was in charge of that. So has Dixie's positioned changed and does her mother take care of the contracts

What Bischoff said was. He doesn't think it is true. He said he doesn't deal with talent contracts and money. He said I can tell you I have been in talent deals recently and Dixie has been there. He said there could be deals she may not handle directly. He said from his point of view nothing has changed with her position in the company.

So I am going to say this. Dealing with contracts and the value on those contracts has nothing to do with knowing how much a company makes. Jeff Jarrett or Dixie Carter or Hulk Hogan could walk up to Eric and hand him numbers or just say hey we made such and such this month. Don't try to spin this so you can hop back up on your soap box and hate.

No, I didn't hear what I wanted to hear, I heard EXACTLY what he said. Which was "I don't deal with the money end of things." PERIOD! So, he does NOT KNOW if they are profitable or not. Either that, or he's lying. So which one is it?

remember a while back when there was rumors about daffy's lawsuit with her medical bills and the whole thing with Dixie Carter's husband sexual harassment lawsuit was going on, there was reports that the lawsuit with Daffy's lawsuit might take up a lot of time. after the what we seen on tv, when Immortal took over the company as a way to write off of tv, but am not talking about her on screen character, I am talking about what's going on backstage.

then u see reports she continues to be on twitter what's going on with impact wrestling even though she was not on tv, but then soon she began to keep off of twitter because of the whole lawsuit was getting out of hand, she had to step down, and her mother took over her position. Now her mother handling the money situation. if you hear the part on the interview about a wrestler who use to work for the company said it use to be Dixie Carter handling the negotiations but its her mother. what am trying to say is that Chris Cash ask him if the rumors about why Dixie Carter step down her president role of the company is true, but what does Bischoff do, dance around the question and sort of blame on the rumor. He says he knows nothing about what's going on with money etc, but do u believe that?

Interestingly, I agreed with a lot of what Bischoff was saying about the responsibility of the media to at least confirm stories before printing them as truth. I understand why he'd be angry about that as someone responsible for producing the product we see on tv and how people starting unconfirmed rumors can be hurtful to the business and the product. However, it is my belief that with this interview he's also been a bit exposed as a liar in that he claims to know nothing, yet claims to be the man in the know and blames seemingly everyone else for lying, starting rumors, etc. When questioned specifically about Dixie Carter and the "where is she?" question, he dodged it by using the storyline angle to say that's why we aren't seeing her. Clearly, he didn't want to answer a direct question directly, which means there's some validity to what's being said about her.

When questioned specifically about Dixie Carter and the "where is she?" question, he dodged it by using the storyline angle to say that's why we aren't seeing her. Clearly, he didn't want to answer a direct question directly, which means there's some validity to what's being said about her.

You do realise your logic is completely flawed right? So by your reckoning if someone asks me if my old man is dead and I avoid the question or say I don't want to talk about it, that means he is actually dead?

No, I didn't hear what I wanted to hear, I heard EXACTLY what he said. Which was "I don't deal with the money end of things." PERIOD! So, he does NOT KNOW if they are profitable or not. Either that, or he's lying. So which one is it?

He was clearly talking about contracts when he said this, but even if he did mean what you said that does not mean he wouldn't know how much money they make. Like I said someone could just hand him a folder with break downs of there business or just by word of mouth from Jarrett or Dixie.

Look at your quote. I don't DEAL with the money side of things. That doesn't say he doesn't know about it. That says he doesn't deal with it.

He did answer the question. He said he was apart of talent negotiations recently and Dixie led those meetings. He also said as far as he knew she didn't lose any power outside of what the story line called for. That seems pretty straight forward to me.

You do realise your logic is completely flawed right? So by your reckoning if someone asks me if my old man is dead and I avoid the question or say I don't want to talk about it, that means he is actually dead?

Not exactly what I'm saying here and it's important to keep things in the proper context. Bischoff clearly avoided giving any clear definition of what it is that Dixie Carter is doing day to day, if anything, with the company. Instead, he chose to continue to lean on the storyline of her losing her company to Hogan as the reasoning behind her absence. I found this interesting as he at times also criticized others for their views and at times their inability to suspend disbelief concerning storylines. It was sort of like life immitating art (or in this case entertainment.).

He was clearly talking about contracts when he said this, but even if he did mean what you said that does not mean he wouldn't know how much money they make. Like I said someone could just hand him a folder with break downs of there business or just by word of mouth from Jarrett or Dixie.

Look at your quote. I don't DEAL with the money side of things. That doesn't say he doesn't know about it. That says he doesn't deal with it.

So if I understand your reasoning, it is your belief that even though Bischoff admits he doesn't deal with the money aspect of TNA, that he somehow also knows about the money (i.e. profitability) side of the company? Do I have that right?

He did answer the question. He said he was apart of talent negotiations recently and Dixie led those meetings. He also said as far as he knew she didn't lose any power outside of what the story line called for. That seems pretty straight forward to me.

Actually what he said was that Dixie had a part in some of those negotiations but not all. To the point, he's again not sure who is holding all the cards regarding the money side of the company as he admitted he "doesn't deal with the money part of the business." It's not what he's paid to do, nor does he know who is in charge of the money aspect of the business to hear his commentary. Clearly, he's either lying, or he truly has no idea if the company is profitable, how much any talent makes, or any stipulations (i.e. buyouts, bonuses, etc) that might exist in any given contract.

So if I understand your reasoning, it is your belief that even though Bischoff admits he doesn't deal with the money aspect of TNA, that he somehow also knows about the money (i.e. profitability) side of the company? Do I have that right?

Yes, judging by MB1205 posts, I would assume that's exactly what he means. For example: I don't deal with Chelsea FCs finances but i know we've just started to make a profit.

Yes, judging by MB1205 posts, I would assume that's exactly what he means. For example: I don't deal with Chelsea FCs finances but i know we've just started to make a profit.

The problem I have with that type of logic is this. TNA is not a publicly held company. Therefore, they do no public reporting and I will speculate no internal reporting to their employees and staff. (At least if they are a professionally run organization they don't. Take that for what it's worth!) So, if Bischoff is telling the truth, then it means he IS in the know and that he lied during this interview. If he lied, then how can he be trusted with any of his remarks? So, either he's lying about his knowledge of the business side of things, or he doesn't know any more than we do as to how profitable, if at all, TNA is.

The problem I have with that type of logic is this. TNA is not a publicly held company. Therefore, they do no public reporting and I will speculate no internal reporting to their employees and staff. (At least if they are a professionally run organization they don't. Take that for what it's worth!) So, if Bischoff is telling the truth, then it means he IS in the know and that he lied during this interview. If he lied, then how can he be trusted with any of his remarks? So, either he's lying about his knowledge of the business side of things, or he doesn't know any more than we do as to how profitable, if at all, TNA is.

Perhaps my example wasn't the best. But I'm assuming Eric Bischoff is a well respected, high up, employee of TNAs? Therefore just because he isn't directly involved in the financial side of things doesn't mean he's not privvy to that sort of information. Do you honestly think him, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter don't discuss all things TNA. And they only discuss the areas of the business they are, individually, directly involved in? So Jarrett doesn't discuss production with Bischoff and how things are going?

Perhaps my example wasn't the best. But I'm assuming Eric Bischoff is a well respected, high up, employee of TNAs? Therefore just because he isn't directly involved in the financial side of things doesn't mean he's not privvy to that sort of information. Do you honestly think him, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter don't discuss all things TNA. And they only discuss the areas of the business they are, individually, directly involved in? So Jarrett doesn't discuss production with Bischoff and how things are going?

Again, I'm basing my statements on the public statement that Eric Bischoff made during his interview. He claims he doesn't have any involvement in the money side of the business. Neither does he have anything to do with talent contracts. So let's see. He doesn't know how much they are bringing in, spending, or what they pay their talent. Yet I'm supposed to believe that somehow the powers that be pull him aside and tell him "but we're making money."

Again, either Bischoff is lying about what he knows (which is my larger point here is his own lack of credibility) or he truly doesn't know in which case he 1. shouldn't be making claims of their being profitable, or 2. telling fans they are irrelevant simply because fans question him, Hogan, or the direction of TNA in general.

Again, I'm basing my statements on the public statement that Eric Bischoff made during his interview. He claims he doesn't have any involvement in the money side of the business. Neither does he have anything to do with talent contracts. So let's see. He doesn't know how much they are bringing in, spending, or what they pay their talent. Yet I'm supposed to believe that somehow the powers that be pull him aside and tell him "but we're making money."

Again, either Bischoff is lying about what he knows (which is my larger point here is his own lack of credibility) or he truly doesn't know in which case he 1. shouldn't be making claims of their being profitable, or 2. telling fans they are irrelevant simply because fans question him, Hogan, or the direction of TNA in general.

I'll be honest I haven't read/seen the Bischoff interview. But without even knowing what he said, I don't find it hard to believe that despite not being directly involved in the finances, a guy like Bischoff can't find out about it. He doesn't have to have specific numbers. A top executive would know if their company was losing or making money.

I'll be honest I haven't read/seen the Bischoff interview. But without even knowing what he said, I don't find it hard to believe that despite not being directly involved in the finances, a guy like Bischoff can't find out about it. He doesn't have to have specific numbers. A top executive would know if their company was losing or making money.

Agreed. But IF he knows then he LIED during the interview, which is my point.

From reading your post, correct me if am wrong, you basically think Biscoff is not telling the truth about the whole money situation. I listen to the interview like two times, and I just feel like he trying to cover up something. He makes a statement about something yet then says he doesn't know anything about that or not in charge of that particular subject, but makes a statement clearing telling me he is lying. If i ask him who is in charge with the handling the money and that sort of thing, If he says he doesn't know, meaning he doesn't know where the money is coming from, i believe that's bullshit because he been with the company for how long, he should know but doesn't want to tell us but instead give us an answer while trying to go around the question

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back