Enough is Enough, and it's Time for some Credit?!

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
So, after paying close attention to the Announcing on E.C.W tonight, (I know, why, right?) I heard Matt Striker explain the connections of the current Hart Dynasty to the original Hart Family.

So, as it's no secret.. you have David Hart Smith, the Son of the late British Bulldog, Davey Boy Smith. Then you have Natalya, the Daughter of the Anvil, Jim Neidhart.. Which leaves.. Tyson Kidd.. who's been deemed the protege of Bret Hart.

Now contrary to what you might think, this isn't a thread about Tyson Kidd, it's a thread about Owen Hart's mystery next Generation connection.

Bret Hart doesn't have any children that apparently care to be in the business. Thus, he gets a protege in Tyson Kidd. The Anvil and the Bulldog both have children following in footsteps. But why is Owen Hart left out of this equation?

Is it because of his untimely death? Is it because they don't have any more options? (except bringing in Teddy Hart, that is) What are your thoughts on this matter?

Why do you feel the Hart Dynasty is neglecting any mention to Owen Hart, when they've mentioned every single other Hart Family member who was in the Legendary Hart Foundation?

Please explain why you feel the way you do. Add detail and be sure to give plenty of opinions. Thank You.

There's a simple answer and I think you may be looking way too much into what you perceive to be a problem.

The mention of The Bulldog and The Anvil are obvious - each one has a legit offspring in the "E" right now.

As for Tyson Kidd being the protege of Bret Hart rather than Owen Hart - how could he be a protege of Owen ? Owen has been dead for ten years and Kidd can't be more than 25. He never could have trained him.

I'm pretty sure Bret didn't train Kidd either, but it's more "believable" to say he did. Plus, newer wrestling fans have a better understanding of who Bret was based on his resume and his Hall of Fame induction a few years back.

Bret's popularity was much like Mysterio's is today - kids worshiped him because he looked cool and they wanted his glasses. Owen was a heel for most of his career, so you capitalize on the good guys former rep, not the bad, even though Tyson Kidd is playing a heel right now.

Remember, it's all about the kids these days...

Maybe not to the same extent as they have with Chris Benoit... but I think the WWE in some way has tried to cut a lot of Owen Hart out. Like I said, not deviously so like they did with Benoit - but you have to remember, Owen is probably most recognized and remembered for his death... I'm talking, on the wider scale of things. It's obvious that wrestling fans are going to differ that. You also have to remember that the WW(F) got a really bad wrap for Owen's death... not only allowing something like the stunt to take place to begin with, not only that it ended in tragedy, but for the fact that they continued their Pay-Per-View after he died that night.

Another thing I'd want to point out is, as much of an Owen fan as I am, that I would like to see him in the Hall of Fame one day, associating Owen with the WWE these days would be hard none the less because Owen's widow, Martha, still has a lot against Vince and the company since Owen died. I wouldn't be surprised if she forbade Owen's kid from getting into wrestling.

I'd love to see Owen Hart in the hall of Fame, even if he hadn't died, I could see him in the hall one of these days. The thing is, Martha hates Vince so much. I believe Vince has offered to, but she always declines the offer. But the thing is, she shouldn't not do it because of her hatred of Vince, but she should do it for the love the fans have of Owen. One of the best guys in the locker room, funny, family man, who literally gave his life for Pro Wrestling.

Woops, off topic. I know the WWE puts Owen Hart in a lot of their DVD's these days, because they have the rights. Because it's in there library. But when it came to the legend's of wrestlemania game, he wasn't in. But they tried to get him in. I think if they ever mention him on their tv shows, Martha would shit a brick. I think the problem she has with Vince, is that he kept the show going, which was wrong. But she needs to know that the fans love Owen, and she should put differences aside for this.

Will, its becuase no one gives a shit about Owen Hart. Sorry.

I mean, who is the bigger name? who wil more fans be able to recognize? Bret Hart, not Owen. Its sort of automatic that Neidhart and Bulldog are alluded to, becuase y'know, they are kinda their children and such.

Bret Hart > Owen. on about every level conceivable, and on every level the WWE needs for the purpose they are utilizing the names for. Thats why he is known as bret's protege.

I think most people are misunderstanding what I was saying. I'm not trying to ask why Bret Hart was selected as being the guy Tyson Kidd is trying to become, or being mirrored against.

I'm asking why all of the Hart Family, minus Owen, have been given a representative. Someone mentioned because Owen died. Well, that may very well be true (obviously it is) but that doesn't mean his legacy doesn't live on. The fact is, if a fourth member comes into this group - they need to allow that fourth the option of having some connection to Owen Hart. And honestly, I think I want it to be Teddy Hart. (even though I think he burnt a bridge to the Company)

Owen's legacy only lives on because of how he died and the fact he nearly sunk the company by breaking Steve Austin's neck. If he'd retired in 1999 and left the business then he'd be all but forgotten. Nobody would be talking about The Anvil were it not for his daughter. Bulldog, maybe. He did main event the WWE show with the real biggest attendace and he's the biggest British wrestling star of all time.

It seems to me like Teddy Hart already does Owen Hart's gimmick, but outside of the ring.

I feel like the Hart Dynasty should have a connection to Owen Hart but I guess his death and what happened afterwards affected that. Bret is more recognizable than Owen anyways and you will get a bigger pop being related to Bret in some fashion then you are with Owen.

As much as I would love to see Owen with some kind of representation in the Hart Dynasty, it just won't happen. The main reason being Owen's wifey. She still holds a grudge. I don't really blame her, but I do wish she'd let it go. But another reason has to be name recognition. Bulldog and Neidhart have their actual offspring in the faction. So of course Kidd is gonna have to be linked to Bret over Owen. If they acquired another member, it would be linked to Owen, but who could it be other than Teddy Hart?

I don't think they're trying to leave Owen out of it, there is just no one there to be his "protege." Bret, Davey Boy, and Neihardt are also bigger names than Owen. I don't think that the WWE left Owen out intentially, they just had no need to mention him. On top of that, I'm sure they don't want to discuss his death.

Well it could be 'coz of a couple of reasons. The Owen Hart thing is a major conspiracy! And Owen's wife probably wouldn't be so happy about it. It might be about the law suit. Any one remember the law suit? When the Hart family seued WWE. And maybe Vince hasn't forgotten? Theres many reasons! Maybe it would alert the media? But I do agree Owen should be mentioned because he WAS such a gifted athlete! He sadly wrestled under the shadows of his brother Bret who is simply the best there is, the best there was,and the best there ever will be! Not only that Owen had great acclomplishments including being a 3 time WWF IC champ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back