Edge or Christian ?

ProWrestlingFan

Championship Contender
Edge :

WWE Champion (4 times)
World Heavyweight Champion (7 times)
WCW United States Champion (1 time)
WWF/E Intercontinental Champion (5 times)
World Tag Team Champion (12 times) with Christian,Chris Benoit, Hulk Hogan , Randy Orton and Chris Jericho
WWE Tag Team Champion (2 times)– with Rey Mysterioand Chris Jericho
WWE Hardcore Champion (1 time)
Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion
King of the Ring (2001)
Money in the Bank (2005, 2007)
Royal Rumble (2010)

Christian :

WWE Intercontinental Champion (4 times)
World Tag Team Champion (9 times) – with Edge, Lance Storm and Chris Jericho
WWF European Champion(1 time)
WWF Hardcore Champion(1 time)
WWF Light Heavyweight Champion (1 time)
NWA World Heavyweight Champion (2 times)
ECW Champion (2 times)
World Heavyweight Champion (2 times)

Who do you like more ...Edge or Christian or both ? Discuss.

In my opinion Christian is better in terms of wrestling and also cuts better promos.

This is tough, I tend to look past at title reigns and look at what they brought or could bring to the table in terms of entertainment. Edge is good, I liked him. Thing is, I never really knew why. The best way I could describe him is "white bread with the volume turned up", whatever that means. Christian on the other hand is just as good in the ring as Edge, if not, maybe a little better in terms of signature moves—don't confuse that with finishers, though the spear is about as original as a superkick. On the mic, Christian beats Edge. In my opinion, Christian was funny, smart, clever and goofy without going all "Marella" on us. I look back at the "Tomko, give me a beat" and the fact he referred to John Cena as a Marky Mark wannabe as opposed to Vanilla Ice—that took knowledge of what Cena actually looked like. He was brilliant. In all honesty, we had another Y2J or Rock personality on our hands in terms of comedy.

I can't really pick though. I can't really choose one over the other, but if I had to.. Captain Charisma get's the Edge—Pun intended.

In terms of career, Edge destroys Christian utterly. That's a shame too because I agree with the above poster. Christian is just as good as Edge on any day of the week- he has the potentially to be one of the WWE's top stars but they still refuse to give him a proper chance. He didn't even get a long run as the Intercontinental Champion recently. He lost it to Miz for seemingly no reason at all. He just lost it. I'm also aware that Christian had time on TNA, but I've never followed personally.

In any case, if I had to pick, I would say Edge. Not just because he's my favorite, but because Christian has only had so much of a chance to ''shine'' if you will. In terms of wrestling I would say that they're even. Although I always found Edge more entertaining in the long run and he always had that ''World champion'' quality to him, something which Christian seems to lack. Perhaps that's due to booking, I'm not 100% on it, but Edge is my pick for this one. Although I will say the two are incredibly entertaining together.

Not to take anything away from Christian, but i go with Edge, i know Christian in a way is one of a kind, but Edge is part of some of the most memorable moments, matches and segments of all time, and when Edge had a chance to become a main event player, he really made the most of it, while Christian, as good as he is, he was not passed upper mid card with a couple of world title reigns, the first one because of Edge, as someone pointed out, that might be because of his booking, like i said, i go with Edge on this one........

I'm also aware that Christian had time on TNA, but I've never followed personally.

K like u said u nvr followed Christian in TNA & that is where he did his best work both as the face & heel! He was great on the mic, & in the ring. As a face he nvr backed down he went after the biggest & baddest while leading the charge.
As a heel he minipulated others to do his bidding but u knew he could hold his own (like Edge did with chavo & Ryder & Hawkins) & if he lost he would challenge them again & play mind games till their match.

When he returned to WWE I was hoping they will let he play the Christian Cage character (not the name though) but no they had him play the cheesy face & the whinning heel once again. Now u said
but because Christian has only had so much of a chance to ''shine'' if you will.
but did he really in WWE?

If I had to choose it would be difficult but cause I believe he wasn't giving a fair chance in WWE (we all know VKM likes to remind ppl he controls things & he dont like when ppl leave him & he will take it out on them if they return) I will have to say Christian

Edge by a long shot. Edge was sub par for most of his career. Then his Money In The Back win in '05 revolutionized the Rated R Superstar. His work with Lita was flat out amazing. His championship reigns were among the best of his time. The feud with Cena is still one of my favorite. Then the great feuds on Smackdown with guys like 'Taker, Batista, and Rey. He has produced 10 times more memorable moments in the WWE than Christian has. Now, I am not saying Christian isn't great, I'm just saying Edge is better.

Accomplishments and accolades aside, I've always preferred and liked Christian more than I did Edge. Both are very good wrestlers in every given aspect there is in a Pro Wrestler. However, I've always found Christian to be the better in-ring wrestler and better with promos (due to creativity). I think what Edge had over Christian really was his size, although very lanky. I'll maybe even say assertiveness or the "balls", if you will, considering all the drama that took place. Isn't that what Vince loves? Anyway, don't put too much into that last thought, since that was a random thought.

Both are excellent in-ring wrestlers. Both have had great matches with opponents (Christian also have some pretty darn good matches in TNA, too). It seems like Christian always got overlooked by the casual fans since WWE seemed to always book Edge as "the guy" of team. I actually believe Christian should have been "the guy". I've always been into Christian and Edge when it came to their in-ring talent, but as I might be saying a lot, Christian grabbed my attention more. Edge, I think started to get my attention as he was getting pushed in the World Title picture.

Even though Edge got better and better as he progressed and got older with his promos, he always seemed a bit bland and somewhat cliche (not speaking for everyone, just a personal opinion). Christian, however, had the charisma and creativity that made him stand out more to me than Edge did. Both had their share of funny segments and both are indeed funny, but I've always found Christian to have that natural unintentional humor. As I said, Edge just seemed bland. I'm trying to say he had substance, but not as much as his partner did.

It makes me wonder, what if WWE pushed Christian as much as they did Edge? What if they pushed Christian more than Edge? What would be the difference? Hmm.

As far as accomplishments go then it would be Edge by a large margin. Honestly though when Christian is being used properly I preferred him. Right before he left WWE I think if they would have gave him the ball I think he could have been a huge heel. I don't think he ever really got the chance to be a superstar in WWE. He was a top player in TNA and did some really good stuff. He then comes back to WWE and makes an unadvertised return on ECW of all thing. I thought here we go again. He had his 2 World Title reigns, but I really did not like his cowardly excuse ridden heel character. I prefer Christian, but I would have liked to have seen what happened if WWE pushed him as hard as they did Edge.

I gotta go with Edge. He is a company man. He stayed and battled to be the top guy. He didnt leave and become a top guy at a low rate company to try and use that to see where that could take him. Edge. Far better wrestler, talker, story teller, performer, and entertainer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back