Edge, losing his edge?

barring the whole injury scituation being the reason for Edge declining,Managment has done no favors booking him. I think Edge should be a face he was over as a face then wwe stuck em on Raw and did the typical same old Edge routine.Why kill the momentum Edge had going on Smackdown?Who knows probobly because dudes injury prone and throwing him into main event limbo is his punishment,But with all the heels running around on Raw I cant see why the writers dont give edge a slight face push.Edge doesnt have to be a baby kissing super hero face just another hybrid i.e Austin good guy.I think Edge is even more suited for that roll then Orton imo its only a matter of time till Orton is saving other faces and doing the whole "whats right" thing its bound to happen especially if Vince gets ballsy and turns Cena heel.Then Orton is automatically your Hogan type face by default(somebody gotta sell shirts to kids),and that leaves Edge to play the whole grey area role hes got charisma hes funny and can work the mic but he will always have that heel aura never knowing who will catch a spear from the ultimate oppurtunist..

I was thinking the exact same thing as of late. Since returning Edge has really just been irrelevant. His face turn was a complete failure because they really didnt change his persona much. Had he returned to the funny but edgy face who mocked guys it might have worked. Imagine him being the Edge like he was in E&C feuding with the straight laced Jericho and constantly one upping him. That would have been entertaining. Then his heel return to Raw had momentum with the Orton feud that kind of fizzled out and now he hasnt really done anything last month or so. He needs a solid feud with someone soon.

That someone should be Christian before he too turns heel. But Edge still hasnt feuded with Triple H, CM Punk, Morrison, or Miz so he can have a bit of rebirth if given good feuds to work with. On Raw I was really hoping for Morrison feud to help put him over and guess it could still happen. Regardless, Edge has lost his "edge" and needs something of a change to boost him back up or else he will end up like Kane and lost in the shuffle of Raws mainevent roster getting overshadowed by Orton, Miz, Sheamus, Cena, Barrett, etc.

I've just been watching the match Edge had with John Cena at Unforgiven, 2006, and I really miss this Edge. To me, he's not been the same since he returned from injury back in January. He's not as funny as he used to be, or as daring, remember when him and Lita invaded the Cena household? Is it because of his age, or because of the constant watering down of the WWE format? Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back