ECW Two Hour Special?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PauLwaLL

-Alright... Being that ECW is going to be around for atleast another year... Do you think they should give them a 2 hour special?

I think yes... This could show if ECW is good enough to be 2 hours long.. Being that theres so many new wrestlers... They need the 2 hours to showcase all the talent... I think Sci-Fi... Should give them a 2 hour special one of these nights... To see if ECW could actually do it?

Opinions?

I think it's obvious that we want a 2 hour show or at leasta 90 min show. it would really help in building the guys and having them wrestle in a match and not miss half of it because of commercials. i think that they should do it but not waste so much time in long promos. Use the time to put out a nice match or 2 before the main event. this way they can build their charaters better. unfortunately after going down in the ratings this week, who know. but what i don't understand is that the show was improving, how come their rating this week weren't that good, they were in NY, and it was a 9/11 taping, i thought that would have helped the ratings. Maybe it's the fact that it was taped?

realblackhart said:
I think it's obvious that we want a 2 hour show or at leasta 90 min show. it would really help in building the guys and having them wrestle in a match and not miss half of it because of commercials. i think that they should do it but not waste so much time in long promos. Use the time to put out a nice match or 2 before the main event. this way they can build their charaters better. unfortunately after going down in the ratings this week, who know. but what i don't understand is that the show was improving, how come their rating this week weren't that good, they were in NY, and it was a 9/11 taping, i thought that would have helped the ratings. Maybe it's the fact that it was taped?

Honestly... I think the ECW ratings are going to keep dropping cause there all being taped...

But... IMO they need to keep airing the show live... Thats the only way I see them getting a chance at 2 hours..

I could definitely see ECW as being a solid two-hour show given the right effort on the WWE's part instead of just a one-time two hour special. It would definitely involve roster moves and some storyline development, but it would definitely be possible. I definitely think that ECW is good enough.

Yeah ECW isn't really ECW, it's WWECW. But I try not to compare it to the old ECW otherwise I find myself getting upset. I just look at it as a new third solid brand. I'm a wrestling fan, and it's more wrestling. But yeah I think ECW should get two hours.

But IMO, WWE should work on fixing Smackdown first. Smackdown is moving to a new major network channel and has the potential to attract big ratings given the proper attention.

I'd love to see a 2 hour special. Maybe not on Sci-Fi cause I don't get that (Canadian), but maybe on NBC like they did for "SNME". Or, if they do have it on Sci-Fi, they should put it on in Canada the same time, "live". I hate watching ECW on Friday's at midnight.

ECW's roster is actually quite small. There are definitely a few guys on that roster who I actually haven't seen in televised matches for a while. I don't know if ECW needs a two hour slot yet. They could definitely use a 90 minute slot. As the roster expands and (if) they get some technical and cruiserweight talent, then ECW would absolutely need a two hour slot.

It's TNA that's in desperate need of a two hour slot...

PauLwaLL50 said:
-Alright... Being that ECW is going to be around for atleast another year... Do you think they should give them a 2 hour special?

I think yes... This could show if ECW is good enough to be 2 hours long.. Being that theres so many new wrestlers... They need the 2 hours to showcase all the talent... I think Sci-Fi... Should give them a 2 hour special one of these nights... To see if ECW could actually do it?

Opinions?

i was talking about this a while back when everyone said that ecw needed more belts and i said that they needed more time becuz they cant sqeeze everything into a 1 hour event and expect it to be decent. if they want more titles and matches then they need more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back