ECW San Antonio, Round 3, Match 2: #7 Brock Lesnar vs. #10 Jeff Hardy

Lesnar vs. Hardy

• Brock

• Jeff

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the ECW Region, under Extreme Rules, from San Antonio, TX.

#7. "The Next Big Thing" Brock Lesnar
brock_lesnar.jpg

vs.

#10. "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy
Jeff_Hardy_12345.jpg

Damn. I hated Lesnar, him turning up was when I quit watching wrestling the first time and I am one of the few who actually likes Jeff Hardy it would seem, but I can't find any argument whatsoever that Hardy goes over. Wait, Brock could slip on the soap in his shower, crack his head open off the wall, and fail to turn up for the match giving Hardy the win by forfeit. Na, Lesnar's head would probably break the wall as he fell before he'd kick the shit out of the soap.

My prediction is Hardy hits the whisper in the wind, but Brock isn't affected by it, then tosses Jeff around like a play thing.

In Jeff's prime (aka when he was champion) he lost to the Big Show clean (I think) Lesnar manhandled the Big Show. Sorry Jeff.

This is not close. Period. Brock beat BOTH Hardyz in a handicap match, so what makes you think ONE Hardy will have any affect on the Next Big Thing.

Now, Jeff stands a chance...because of the ECW rules. He can daze Brock, but getting him off his feet for three seconds will take a sickening spot from Jeff, which will more than likely injure Jeff worse than Lesnar.

Brock dominates though, uses some weapons on Jeff, only to see the EnigMAH get some momentum before being tossed around like a rag doll and given an F5 three rows into the stands, being dragged back into the ring for a Shooting Star Press, and a pin.

Brock moves on...easily.

Nothing, anywhere would ever suggest that Jeff Hardy deserves to be in the ring with Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar kills Jeff Hardy in any match. Ladder match, you bet your ass Brock Lesnar wins. Jeff Hardy is an over rated hack, and nothing, nothing in his arsenal could keep Brock down. If Jeff brings his trademark Ladder into the ring, Brock would use it to impale him.

Oh Shocky, but Jeff Is extreme, well, observe.

[youtube]6ZqG05uAo9s[/youtube]

yeah, it really, really looks like Jeff Hardy has what it takes to take Brock Lesnar down with a chair shot. Brock took that chair shot, and didn't drop at all. Much like Sweet Chin Music, it can't drop Brock Lesnar. Jeff doesn't swing a chair hardenough to do anything remotely damaging to Brock.

But Shocky, Jeff Hardy will do whatever it takes to win. Yeah, you know, like throwing his body at Brock, that's a dumb idea. Jeff Hardy's entire moveset is based on throwing his body around at people, but you know what, that won't work on a guy that won't budge, will catch you, and destroy you.

[youtube]rEKqgpxZzKk[/youtube]

Plus, this was Brock Lesnar's FIRST match in the WWE.
[youtube]9jAnFNKVX5o[/youtube]

His First match, he destroyed Jeff Hardy, he beat him so badly that they had to stop the match. Jeff Hardy doesn't stand a chance in hell, and I"m dying to hear the first valid argument outside of Hardy Rulez for why Hardy wins this match. Jeff Hardy beats Lesnar in absolutely nothing, besides getting suspended.

You guys have totally sucked the fun out of supporting Lesnar. This is just too easy now. I don't think there's any more points for me to make. I'm just typing to stop this being spam.

But yes, Lesnar takes down Hardy, and easily at that. I even made a thread on it. I won't link to it; it's pretty easy to find. You may have read it already.

I mean, I'm even a Jeff Hardy fan now. I like Jeff Hardy. There, I said it. Winning is hardly his thing though, is it? Even when he does do it, it's when he's picking up Triple H's scraps or by going to extreme lengths - like tying your opponent to a table, for example.

Against a guy that beat him convincingly twice, and made a (albeit short) career out of kicking the fuck out of people... it's just not going to happen, is it? There are very few people in this tournament that have a chance of taking Lesnar down. Jeff is most certainly not one of them.

I'm going to have to support real underdogs now. Like Shawn Michaels. Hint hint.

Seriously though, no. Fuck Shawn Michaels. Who's next? He's next.

No, wait. That was Goldberg. I think. I didn't watch WCW.

Brock takes down Jeff easily. Shit, Jeff is in his prime right now and lost quite clean to Show a few weeks ago. So it's not as though Jeff has developed anything since 2002 to take down Lesnar.

I don't remember the build to that Lesnar-Hardy match. Why is Heyman saying that it's Lita's fault?

Too bad RVD isn't in line for a shot against Lesnar. Now there's a guy Lesnar couldn't touch (clean) in kayfabe. That'd be an interesting discussion.

Jeff Hardy can ABSOLUTLY beat Brock Lesner in an extreme rules match! Jeff Hardy has beaten some the same people in his career that brock lesner has, not all of them but some of them! To name a few, he has beaten the Big Show by pinfall long before Jeff Hardy was WWE Champion and that wasn't even an extreme rules match which would give the Big Show more of an advantage. Jeff Hardy has also beaten the Undertaker.I dont recall if Triple H and brock have fought before because there was a time i stopped watching wrestling for a year so im not positive but jeff has beaten triple h numerous times including before he was in his prime(remember his 1st IC Championship reign back in 2001). Does that mean Jeff Hardy is better then Brock lesner? no it doesnt, but does that mean that Brock will roll over Jeff will no problem? absoluty not! Jeff Hardy can beat Brock Lesner on any night and this match is in Jeff's element , so to say he has no chance at all is mind blowing and i dont understand it! Jeff will do something crazy toward the end of this match and he will either be moving on because of it or be eliminated for it and i think if he can hit one of his crazy leaps off of something high up even "The Next Big Thing" Brock Lesner won't be getting up after it!

No way Hardy wins here, or even gets close to winning. The Swanton Bomb is about as useless of a finisher as there it. In essence it's a backsplash from the top. it's not a knockout move, and it wouldn't put Lesnar down for three. There was a video game called Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, and in it before every fight the boxers would say a line. One of the lines was Too Bad, Too Big, Too Mean. that explains Lesner to the letter. he is simply way too strong and too tough to lose to Hardy or perhaps anyone else in this tournament. He's going to maul Jeff as even at Jeff's best, the most he could hope for is a fluke roll up. When that's your best chance, you don't deserve to win.

i think if he can hit one of his crazy leaps off of something high up even "The Next Big Thing" Brock Lesner won't be getting up after it!

I love you for trying fella, but what can Hardy hit that will keep Lesnar down for long enough for him to climb the ladder? I can't think of anything. If I could, I'd argue it. Fact is Hardy doesn't beat the big men often. If he can't beat Big Show when champion (in a match Show kicked out of the swanton bomb) he can't but Lesnar away who is way above Show's ability.

Jeff Hardy has ABSOLUTELY no chance beating Lesnar in any sort of match, let alone in an Extreme Rules match. While I certainly wouldn't compare the wishy washy match Jeff had with Matt at WM25 anything close to what an actual Extreme Rules match would be, if he couldn't beat Matt in that watered down excuse for a match, just think of what would happen to him if Lesnar smacked him up-side the head 8 or 10 times with a chair or F5'd him through a couple of flaming tables.

By the time Lesnar was finished with him, Jeff'd probably wish he'd been in the house with Jack when it went up in flames.

Now it might sound like I'm hating on Hardy, truth is I actually kinda like the guy. But, I just can't vote him over Lesnar, especially in a hardcore environment. It'd be all Hardy could to to take Brock off his feet.

To me, it is a bit unfair to use Lesnar's domination of the Hardys as a fair yardstick here, as he was beening pushed to the moon and they were in the doledrums of their careers. However, Hardy is unquestionably in his prime now and has lost to Kozlov in the past 6 months.

Kozlov is basically Lesnar-lite, and I think that should say enough as to why Lesnar goes over Hardy here.

God who is going to eliminate this fucking animal? Every opponent hes had so far he has completely and utterly dominated including this one. Look at the videos. No matter what stipulation hardy cannot beat Brock Lesnar. Very few people can beat Brock Lesnar. A chair shot from Hardy barely budged Lesnar. Give Lesnar a chair shot on Hardy I guarantee he is down for at least a 10 count. This is a squash. Lesnar easily.

believe m im not saying that jeff hardy will beat brock im just saying he can beat brock and thats its not impossible for it happen, and im not even a big Hardy fan, i just think if jeff could get him knocked out for a minute or two by using any kind of weapons it would give him time to do what he does best and climb up the set or somewhere in the arena and if he hit a swanton or even a whisper in the wind on lesner from high up lesners not gonna get up by a 3 count! and the truth is hardy probably wont be able to keep lesner down for that long but if it happened and hardy hit the swanton or whisper from high there no chane of brock getting up period! Like i said before it wont be as easy of a matchup as everyone is making it out to as i feel lesner will win, but that doesnt mean jeff cant, that is where i absolutly dis agree with almost all of u lol

But thing is Jeff would have to do something so sadistic to the man to keep the monster down for the time it takes for him to climb. Hed have to fucking stab and shoot the bastard just to do that. Nothing Jeff can do can beat Brock. Nothing. He can't keep him down long enough to climb upon something as high as your talking about, he can't pin him, he can't even bring him down with a chair shot. Please think of a predicament where Jeff wins.

If he can't beat Big Show when champion (in a match Show kicked out of the swanton bomb)

he actually did beat Show when champion it was by countout i believe but he did beat him, he lost to Show a couple off weeks ago when he wasnt champion after matt hardy distracted him, so it was show who needed a little bit of a distraction to beat hardy!

But thing is Jeff would have to do something so sadistic to the man to keep the monster down for the time it takes for him to climb. Hed have to fucking stab and shoot the bastard just to do that. Nothing Jeff can do can beat Brock. Nothing. He can't keep him down long enough to climb upon something as high as your talking about, he can't pin him, he can't even bring him down with a chair shot. Please think of a predicament where Jeff wins.

we just saw at backlash what jeff did to matt hey if he cankeep lesner at bay and be the holy crap outta him with say a chair repeatedly then tie him to a table and climb a 20 foot ladder and hit a swanton lesner aint kicking out!!:icon_smile: lol i know a long shot but thats a scenario for ya haha

He didn't win that match did he not? My bad, but Show still kicked out of the Swanton, therefore Lesnar would too. In fact, my comparison with Lesnar and Show is a bit off, Tastycles had a better one with Kozlov, who is a Russian version of Lesnar only not even half as good. Kozlov beat Hardy, when he was nearing/in his prime. Lesnar would have no problems.

You act as Lesnar will sit there and let him tie him down, and hit him with a chair. Lesnar can fight back, and very very good at that. He will not lose. Ever in any way, shape, or form to Jeff. As soon as Lesnar gets his hands on him it's over. take into account Lesnar can also use weapons, and it is even more one sided. I really cannot see somebody who can beat Lesnar right now.

The average Hardy match can last about 20 minutes and the average Lesnar match can last around 7 or 8 minutes. I'll say Hardy will hang in for about 14 minutes. He will get dominated maybe 13 out of those 14 minutes but he will hit some few top-rope moves to stun Lesnar. Brock will catch him and flatten him like a bug and pick up the win.

i know lesner will not just sit there and let hardy tie him down, but u act as if hardy is a complete fool who has no buisness in the ring with him and i have to disagree i believe and i may be the only one but i think hardy could beat brock in this match and if brock wins it will not be by total domination like u may think, and that it will be a hard fought tough match where jeff just keeps getting up no matter what brock throws at him! until lesner finally hits the f5 he will win, but thats if he can hit it because by that time he could be so frustrated with hardy that instead of zoning in for the kill he makes a mistake and pays for it even by a rollup or small package anything like that and lesner could lose!

No way Hardy wins here. Brock Lesnar would eat him for breakfast and still be hunry. Lesnar has more size, pwoer and probably speed than Jeff. Lesnar show to the top in such a short amount of time, proving how kayfabe good he was, whereas Jeff struggled for ages to win the big one, and lost it via a chair shot. Bearing in mind Matt AND Jeff Hardy's chair shots couldn't keep Lesnar down, he has the advantage even in the ECW environment, and so proceeds.

I think that it will be hard to come up with a good argument for Hardy. Anyways Brock Lesnar is way to powerful for Jeff to handle. Even with weapons, Jeff still wouldn't be able to beat Lesnar because, If Lesnar could destroy somewhat without the need of weapons, Then he would be able to destroy someone ten times as bad with weapons.

The only thing that Hardy has got going here is that he has heart and will do anything to be able to continue. But not even his heart will able to keep Lesnar down. Lesnar will just rip out his heart stomp all over it and F-5 hardy for the pin.

Now if this was one of the other regions, then Jeff would have a bigger chance of winning because there's countouts and Dq's and stuff like that. But since it isnt another region, My vote is on Lesnar to move on to the next round.

Vote Lesnar, because he will destroy hardy.

Jeff has no shot at this I've never seen anyone to what Lesnar did to Taker in the HIAC remember how he countered teh Tombstone to an F-5. Hardy's biggest win is against Edge for teh title which is good. But Brock has jus tto much power Jeff would be KO'd after Lesnar counters the poetry in motion by catching Jeff and throwing him out of teh ring then knocking Matt unconcious while Heyman cheap shots Jeff. Which leads to Brock hitting a move that Jeff can't do to anyone the Shooting Star Press. Match over in either a squash or a two one one mostly squash match.

I can't stand Jeff Hardy, and I'm not voting for him in this match because I truly believe that there is no way Hardy would actually win. But I would like to point out that in this extreme rules match, I can only imagine one single way Hardy could ever steal a victory over Brock. That is if he used a taser, could be just like when Goldberg got tased, however I think Hardy would try for the swanton after tasing him and then still get destroyed. Just an opinion though.

While I think Hardy would put up a bigger fight, or at least take the beating better than most people do, I am voting for Lesnar. I don't like him, never have. He's boring as fuck to me. I think Hardy could win, but more often than not, he'd lose.

Hopefully, whatever gimmick match Lesnar finds himself in, it favors his opponent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back