Early predictions for WWE Battleground

MCMG

King Of The Ring
Battleground is the next PPV after MITB and there are certainly a lot of variables at the moment. The MITB title match; the MITB contract match as well as the situation involving Bryan. There is no clear course for the title and that is very interesting.

There are a lot of different combinations and it is intriguing to see what happens. As of right now I'm thinking Cena wins the title and Rollins wins the MITB contract. I wouldn't be shocked to see Cena v Rollins (c) at Battleground for the WWE WHC. Another match could be Cena v Bray Wyatt (c) as a final match in their feud.

So, given all the variables, what do you think will be the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Battleground?

I also expect Cena to win the title at MITB, can't say I'm all that excited about it, but I'm also not surprised by it. To be fair, however, I don't think that Reigns, Wyatt or Cesaro are ready to be champion right now and Randy Orton is probably the least interesting potential winner of all of them.

I could see Rollins winning the traditional MITB ladder match, depending upon who winds up in the match with him. If I had to guess, I think that Ambrose, Ziggler, Barrett, Kane, Bo Dallas and Rob Van Dam will be the guys who'll round out the field. So, I'd say that Rollins is a clear favorite to win.

As to Battleground itself, unfortunately, I think we may wind up seeing Cena vs. Orton part 3,209 with Cena retaining, Rollins attempting to cash in or actually cashing in only to be screwed out of the opportunity due to interference from Dean Ambrose. This leaves Cena free & clear to move onto SummerSlam, which I'm thinking will be against Brock Lesnar, while Ambrose & Rollins really get into their singles feud.

Another possibility is Cena having one more match up against Bray Wyatt, this time for the title, to ultimately blow off their feud. Again, I'd see Cena retaining against Wyatt before facing Lesnar at SummerSlam, dropping the title to Lesnar, then getting it back at Night of Champions where he'll "officially" be tied with Ric Flair at 16 World Championship runs.

It'll be tough for Battleground to be a good PPV. You have 3 weeks to go from MITB to Battleground and with the way MITB is set up not a whole lot of well built feuds to continue. With Lesnar and possibly Bryan already being penciled in for SS and challengers for the title. You will probably get a throw away Cena Orton or something we've seen a lot already, so they don't waste a new feud when there is such a short window for it. Although having Ambrose cost Rollins his cash in to build their match at Summerslam isn''t a bad way to go at all.

I have a feeling we will be talking about Battleground as one of the worst PPV of the year. With so much being saved for Summerslam it's hard to do a whole lot.

Yah I have Cena winning the MITB this sunday.. Cant say im pumped but Cesaro,Reigns,Wyatt are not ready to be champion.. Its fine i suppose but to cheapen the Reign held by Flair just to get Cena to 16 i have a little problem with that..

As far as Battleground goes,Cena most likely will face Orton and will retain.. Orton and Cena actually work well together,when their both motivated to do so and its been awhile since that feud was last visited.. Cena drops the Title to Brock at Summerslam only to regain it at NOC IMO! That cheapens the reign held by Flair but i guess at this point Cena tying and eventually breaking the record will happen.. Ambrose and Rollins will get on with their feud that one will be entertaining to watch

MITB is sunday and I want to get your predictions for WWE Battleground.Now either 3 things can happen with the WWE hvt. title on sunday.IMO the only 3 people who really have a chance is Roman Reigns,John Cena,Randy Orton.So I will book accordingly.

If John Cena is champ

John Cena (c) vs Cesaro (WWE hvt. title)-This would make sense seeing how Brock Lesnar will face either one at Summerslam.I would set it up like this.On the last week before Battleground Brock returns and F-5's both man declaring he wants the winner.The week before Cesaro finally snaps on Heyman for the Undertaker thing.

Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton- If Roman wins he get's Triple H at Summerslam.This will be the same on all 3 cards.Roman get's screwed in the title match by Triple H and snaps.Triple H and Kane screws Roman out of the match with Orton but Reigns somehows manages to get a match with Triple H at Summerslam.Hell,maybe Vince could get involved but this is a different story for a different thread.

Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins -Obvious reasons.But I say Seth wins with help.Summerslam Ambrose wins.At NOC be the tie breaker and end of their feud.

Batista vs Daniel Bryan (all depends)- If Bryan is able to compete and Batista is able to return why not.This most likely will happen at Summerslam any way's.Why not get the feud started early.I say Batista returns and blames Bryan for his "failed successful return."

Bray Wyatt vs Sheamus (US title) -This feud already seems to be in the making.I say with both of them turning soon why not make it a double-turn.This could be another feud that goes through Summerslam.

BNB vs Dolph Ziggler (IC title) This appears to be the route WWE is gong.I say the time is now to give Ziggler a push.Why not put the IC title on him.BNB could move up the ranks after.

Dust 2 Dust vs Harper/Rowan vs The Uso's (WWE tag titles)

Naomi vs Paige vs Cameron (Diva's title)- This already appears to be on the horizon.I say Naomi wins the belt at MITB,Cameron turns on her,Paige gets her rematch and continues her feud with Cameron in the process.

If Randy Orton is champ

]John Cena vs Cesaro I still thinks this feud should happen.

Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton (WWE hvt. title) - (Copy/Pasted) If Roman wins he get's Triple H at Summerslam.This will be the same on all 3 cards.Roman get's screwed in the title match by Triple H and snaps.Triple H and Kane screws Roman out of the match with Orton but Reigns somehows manages to get a match with Triple H at Summerslam.Hell,maybe Vince could get involved but this is a different story for a different thread.

Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins (Copy/Pasted) -Obvious reasons.But I say Seth wins with help.Summerslam Ambrose wins.At NOC be the tie breaker and end of their feud.

Batista vs Daniel Bryan (Copy/Pasted) (all depends)- If Bryan is able to compete and Batista is able to return why not.This most likely will happen at Summerslam any way's.Why not get the feud started early.I say Batista returns and blames Bryan for his "failed successful return."

Bray Wyatt vs Sheamus (US title) (Copy/Pasted) -This feud already seems to be in the making.I say with both of them turning soon why not make it a double-turn.This could be another feud that goes through Summerslam.

BNB vs Dolph Ziggler (IC title) (Copy/Pasted) This appears to be the route WWE is gong.I say the time is now to give Ziggler a push.Why not put the IC title on him.BNB could move up the ranks after.

Dust 2 Dust vs Harper/Rowan vs The Uso's (WWE tag titles)(Copy/Pasted)

Naomi vs Paige vs Cameron (Diva's title)- This already appears to be on the horizon.I say Naomi wins the belt at MITB,Cameron turns on her,Paige gets her rematch and continues her feud with Cameron in the process.
(Copy/Pasted)

If Roman Reigns is champ

Same card as Randy Orton as champ...

How would do you think the Battleground will shape up and why.

Personal Note: You guy's should really make Spidey a mod/admin

I've posted it like 6 times already but my guess is Del Rio wins the title at MitB. He's being counted out by everybody, he's a former world champion, he's a heel and he has no storyline at all going into SummerSlam so why not?

Payback main event Cena v. Del Rio(C). Del Rio retains with interference by Heyman or Lesnar to set up their match.

I just hate the fact everyone is assuming Cena will win...and for the guy saying let Cena win and fight Bray, he'd lose again -.- Bray hasn't come out on top for any of their matches, why hurt him more by making him lose again?
I like Del Rio winning it, he's a heel who can get heat if booked correctly, give him a nice long title reign until Bryan comes back, being as Del Rio works well with most wrestlers a match I'd love to see is Del Rio v Cesaro. Of course both of them are heels right now so :p

Wait a second! Idea here. If Del Rio wins it, faces Cesaro at SS, Cesaro can turn face and then Lesnar can win against Cena and we can have Cesaro v Lesnar. Both of the matches that's speculated could happen if booked correctly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back