DVD's You Want To See

rokuma

The Legend
So the question is simple: Who's DVD of greatest matches would you most like to see?

Mine are narrowed to a few. I would love to see a Million Dollar Man DVD (which I think is coming soon). I loved Ted Dibiase growing up and honestly, I support his son just because he's his son. He was my favorite wrestler as a kid and I would love to see some of his greatest matches.

Second, Scott Hall. How do we not have a Scott Hall DVD? Think of the legendary matches he has had: Bash at the Beach 1996 (the NWO Formation), Wrestlemania X (ladder match against HBK), Royal Rumble 1993 (against Bret Hart for the WWF Title), etc. He's been involved in some of the biggest matches of all-time and was a terrific wrestler. It would be awesome to see.

Third, Kevin Nash. Kind of the same as Scott Hall. One of the best wrestlers in the 90s and had some surprisingly great matches against HBK, with HBK as the Dudes with Attitudes (In Your House vs Yokozuna and Bulldog comes to mind), Goldberg at Starrcade 1998, his match at Survivor Series 1995 with Bret Hart was a classic, Wrestlemania 12 vs Undertaker was really good as well...it would be a great watch.

Last, Sting. I know, I know...Sting is in TNA, but come on. If he's never going to wrestle in the WWE, let's at least give him a DVD. His matches against Flair, Vader, Hogan, Luger, the clashes with the NWO, DDP, Bret Hart...he's had numerous classics and would be an awesome collection.

So, who do you want to see?

I agree with your choices for a Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Sting DVD. Other DVD's I think should be produced are Owen Hart, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle and Ravishing Rick Rude. Owen deserves a DVD, it would be my favorite DVD should it ever be released. Lesnar's DVD would be a great choice to make because he has competed in a lot of great matches with Angle, Taker and others. I find his Stretcher Match with the Big Show to be underrated so that should be included as well. A Kurt Angle DVD is well overdue and I fully expect there to be one made soon after he leaves TNA someday. But I would hold off and only make this DVD until they decide to put Benoit back on footage. This DVD without Benoit would be a travesty. A Rick Rude DVD would be a great watch as his matches with the Warrior and Jake the Snake are highly entertaining as well are his excellent matches in the early days of WCW.

DVD wise I always like the life story on disc one followed by a disc or 2 of greatest matches. It tells the careers better in my opinion, DVD's I'd like are:
Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Freebirds
Jimmy Snuka
Funk Family
Rick Rude
Sgt Slaughter
Iron Shiek would be interesting. Definitely if hes involved.
Glenn Jacobs (ofcourse after he retires, but it can focus on all his past gimmicks and then, Kane)
Greg Valentine
Jerry Lawler
Jesse Ventura
Paul Orndorf
Tito Santana
NWO (Full NWO History)
JBL

I like both of your choices. I definitely would like to see a Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, a Kevin Nash, a Scott Hall (even an Outsiders one), and a Sting DVD. I would also like to see an Owen Hart, a Brock Lesnar, a Kurt Angle (one of my Top 5 favorites) and aRavishing Rick Rude DVD as well.

One DVD I am really interested in is a compilation of Champion vs. Champion / Title vs. Title Unification matches. There should be enough to fill a DVD.

Here a list of some of the notable Championship Unification matches in history from Wikipedia. Most of these can go on this DVD set.

WrestleMania VI. WWF Champion, Hulk Hogan vs. Intercontinental Champion, The Ultimate Warrior.

The first two prominent unifications of titles in the U.S. were done by Nikita Koloff. In 1986, he unified the NWA National Heavyweight Championship into his NWA United States Heavyweight Championship by defeating Wahoo McDaniel, and in 1987 he unified the (Mid-South) UWF Television Championship into his NWA World Television Championship by defeating Terry Taylor. In both cases, the unification process was started by Nikita's home promotion, Jim Crockett Promotions, upon absorbing another promotion (Georgia Championship Wrestling and the Mid-South UWF, respectively), and in both cases the titles from the absorbed promotions were abandoned.

The AJPW Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship was created with the unification of the NWA International Heavyweight Championship, the PWF Heavyweight Championship and the NWA United National Championship, when the NWA International Heavyweight Champion Jumbo Tsuruta defeated the PWF Heavyweight and NWA United National Champion Stan Hansen on April 18, 1989.

The AWA World Heavyweight Championship was unified with the Omaha World Heavyweight Championship (a belt created by promoters in Omaha, Nebraska ) twice when Omaha World Champion The Crusher defeated AWA World Champion Verne Gagne in Omaha, Nebraska on July 9, 1963 and then the titles was unified again on September 7, 1963 when AWA World Champion Verne Gagne defeated Omaha World Champion Fritz Von Erich in Omaha, Nebraska. The Omaha version was abandoned after absorb with the AWA World title.

The AWA World Heavyweight Championship and the WCCW Heavyweight Championship were unified to create the USWA Unified World Heavyweight Championship at SuperClash III, when the AWA World Heavyweight Champion Jerry "The King" Lawler defeated the WCCW Heavyweight Champion Kerry Von Erich. The WCCW World Heavyweight Title was quickly abandoned, and later the AWA stripped the AWA World Heavyweight Title from Jerry Lawler.

The J-Crown, a combination of several lightweight championships from various wrestling promotions (including the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship), was defended mostly in Japan and Mexico. The title has since been abandoned and all belts returned to their home promotions.

The WCW International World Heavyweight Championship was unified with the WCW World Heavyweight Championship when WCW Champion Ric Flair defeated International Champion Sting at Clash of the Champions XXVII. The International Championship was immediately abandoned, though the physical belt was used as the WCW Championship.

The ECW World Heavyweight Championship was unified with the FTW Heavyweight Championship (an unrecognized title created by Tazz) on March 21, 1999 at Living Dangerously when ECW World Champion Taz defeated FTW Champion Sabu. The FTW title was abandoned when Taz continued to defend the ECW title.

The ECW World Heavyweight Championship and the ECW World Television Championship were unified when TV Champion Rhino defeated World Champion The Sandman at ECW Guilty as Charged in January 2001. The Television title was abandoned upon ECW's demise soon after.

The WCW Cruiserweight Championship was briefly unified with the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship on July 30, 2001 when Light Heavyweight Champion X-Pac defeated Cruiserweight Champion Billy Kidman. The titles continued to be defended separately and X-Pac lost the Light Heavyweight Championship to Tajiri a week later.

The WCW United States Heavyweight Championship was unified with the WWF Intercontinental Championship at Survivor Series 2001 when US Champion Edge defeated IC Champion Test. The United States title was abandoned, then revived in 2003 by Stephanie McMahon as a SmackDown!-exclusive title.

The WCW World Tag Team Championship was unified with the WWF Tag Team Championship at Survivor Series 2001, when the WCW Tag Team Champions, Dudley Boyz, defeated the WWF Tag Team Champions, Hardy Boyz. The Dudleys won the WWF Tag Team Championships, and their WCW Tag Team Championship was absorbed into the WWF titles and abandoned. The Titles had previously been unified at Summerslam 2001 when WCW Tag Team Champions The Brothers of Destruction defeated WWF Tag Team Champions Diamond Dallas Page & Chris Kanyon, although at that time both belts were held together instead of becoming one championship.

The WCW Championship and the WWF Championship were unified to create the WWF Undisputed Championship at Vengeance 2001 when Chris Jericho defeated WWF Champion Stone Cold Steve Austin and WCW Champion The Rock in the same night. Essentially, the WWF Championship became the Undisputed Championship while the WCW Championship was retired, although the belts used to represent the two championships would adorn the Undisputed Champion for several months afterwards. After the brand extension, which split the WWF roster into two brands (Raw and SmackDown!), the Undisputed title served as the prime championship for both groups. The title again became "disputed" when champion Brock Lesnar announced he would only defend the belt on SmackDown! The following week, Raw General Manager Eric Bischoff announced the creation of the World Heavyweight Championship.

The WWE European Championship was unified with the WWE Intercontinental Championship in July 2002, when Intercontinental Champion Rob Van Dam defeated European Champion Jeff Hardy on Raw in a title unification match. The European title was abandoned as a separate championship.

The WWE Hardcore Championship was unified with the WWE Intercontinental Championship in August 2002, when Intercontinental Champion Rob Van Dam pinned Hardcore Champion Tommy Dreamer. The Hardcore Championship was abandoned soon after.

The WWE Intercontinental Championship was unified with the World Heavyweight Championship at No Mercy when World Champion Triple H defeated Intercontinental Champion Kane. The Intercontinental Championship was immediately abandoned, then revived in May 2003 by Raw Co-General Manager Steve Austin.

The WWA World Heavyweight Championship was unified with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship when NWA Champion Jeff Jarrett defeated WWA Champion Sting on May 25, 2003 in Auckland, New Zealand in an inter-promotional match.

The ROH World Championship was unified with the ROH Pure Championship when ROH Pure Champion Nigel McGuinness lost to ROH World Champion Bryan Danielson in Liverpool, England on August 12, 2006, in a match contested under pure wrestling rules with the stipulation that both championships could be lost by disqualification or count out.

The International Wrestling Association unified the IWA World Heavyweight Championship with the WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship when the World Wrestling Council's champion abandoned the company and participated in a unification match which was recognized by the National Wrestling Alliance, in the process creating the first Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion in Puerto Rico.

The WWE Championship was unified with the ECW Championship on June 13, 2006 on the inaugural episode of ECW on SyFy when figurehead Paul Heyman awarded the recommissioned ECW title to Rob Van Dam for winning the WWE title from John Cena at One Night Stand. Heyman originally intended for the WWE title to "become" the ECW title, but RVD chose to defend both titles separately. The titles separated on the July 3, 2006 episode of RAW after Edge won the WWE title in a triple threat match that also included Cena.

The NJPW version of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship unified with the IGF's version of the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship when NJPW IWGP Champion Shinsuke Nakamura defeated IGF IWGP Champion Kurt Angle in Tokyo on February 17, 2008. The titles are unified due to a working agreement between TNA and New Japan Pro Wrestling in which Angle wrestles for TNA.

In a dark match before WrestleMania XXV, the WWE Tag Team Championship was unified with the World Tag Team Championship when WWE Tag Team Champions The Colóns (Carlito & Primo) defeated World Tag Team Champions John Morrison and The Miz in Houston, Texas on April 5, 2009 to become the "Unified WWE Tag Team Champions". On the August 16, 2010 edition of Raw, the World Tag Team Championship was retired and a new set of tag team championship belts for the WWE Tag Team Championship were introduced.

At WWE WWE Night of Champions pay-per-view in September 2010, the WWE Divas Championship was unified with the WWE Women's Championship. WWE Divas Champion Melina faced self-professed co-WWE Women's Champion Michelle McCool in a Lumberjill match. Michelle McCool won the match due to interference from Layla to unify the two titles. Following the win, the Women's Championship was retired after 54 years, with the official recognized champion, Layla, being the final champion.

Looking at this list, I might be the only one interested in this.

First of, I know it isn't a single superstar, but seen as they're realeasing a Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels DVD, I wouldn't mind like a series of these "Greatest Rivalries." A list of a few I wouldn't mind:
- Kane vs The Undertaker
- The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

Seen as Kevin Nash has returned, and they always have a DX DVD looming, I wouldn't mind seeing an nWo DVD. Obviously Hulk Hogan would have to be allowed to be featured, as he pretty much was the center of it, really.

An updated Edge DVD. I know they released "Decade of Decadence" and I'm not sure if they have a more up-to-date one, but a DVD about his entire career would be cool. If not Edge, and Edge and Christian DVD, looking at each of them from start to finish. It would obviously be a long DVD but I would buy it.

An Owen Hart DVD would be sweet however I can't see it happening to be honest. I will be very shocked if Owen ever gets inducted into the Hall of Fame, never mind DVD material.

Doubt this will happen, but I wouldn't mind a Honky Tonk Man dvd. He was the greatest Intercontinental champion of all time and he had a lot of great matches/moments. He was a great heel and had a lot of charisma. The documentary part would be interesting. I'd like to hear what the current stars think of him.

I would like too see one with matches from all of the clash of champions that wcw used to run. these were great telvevised non pay per views. they had some great moments and matches

the best of the worst is another one that could work, it would look at all of the jobbers that used to be around. some noteables on there, barry horrowitz, steve the broklyn brawler lombardi, outback jack, iron mike sharp.

the best of prime time wrestling, this was the monday night show that was on before raw took over, on occasion had a great match or 2.

a look at me fuji. one of the greatses managers who seems to be forgotten about. He was not even on the greatest managers dvd that was released a few years ago.

Love to have Scott Hall and Kevin Nash dvds.. and definitely want them to redo the nWo dvd.. the one that came out some years back was half assed.. they skipped over everything from WCW and just went right into the WWE version pretty much.. nWo has so much history that it needs to be like a 4 disc set or something... have them talk about each incarnation of the stable.. but since McMahon didn't create the group and that group was the reason WCW was winning the ratings, of course he just releases a half assed dvd of them :(

I'd rather just buy Prime Time Wrestling, Monday Night Raw, & Smackdown by the entire season. I'd love to buy the entire series of Prime Time Wrestling. I don't care how many discs it is or how much throw away there is, it's all subjective, and what my favorite moments are, aren't going to be someone else's. Let me buy the whole damned thing. I'll pay the price and I'd like to see it on my shelf.

Jerry Lawler should have a dvd. He had a long and successful in Memphis. Before Raw and Nitro, the Mid-South Coliseum was the place to be for wrestling on Monday nights. Lawler also had a big feud with Andy Kaufman which culminated in an appearance on the David Letterman show.

Personally one I would like to see is them doing a long breakdown of the history of the WWE. I know they did a McMahon family DVD but what I'm talking about is going through WWE from all its incarnations in the past, Capitol Wrestling Corp, WWWF, WWF, and finally WWE. Take us through the history of the makings of the whole company.

Take us from Jess McMahon promoting boxing, talk about how he decided to make the turn into promoting wrestling. Talk about all the old stars that help build the company while talking about the backstage stuff that was going on like how the gold dust trio came to be. Take us through Vince Sr. taking over, breaking away from the NWA and going on his own. Talk about Vince taking over and deciding to pretty much monopolize the wrestling industry.

I'm a history buff and I would love a good 2-3 hour documentary DVD that can break it all down and show the fans how the WWE came to be from its beginnings to the juggernaut its become.

A DVD taliking about all the wrestlers that have died over the years and showing their matches, but it would be weird knoiwing that owen hart and chris benoit arn't gonna be in it.

One DVD I am really interested in is a compilation of Champion vs. Champion / Title vs. Title Unification matches. There should be enough to fill a DVD.

WWE doesn't own the rights to the Japanese footage, the ROH footage, or the WWA footage. And also I don't think there is any footage of that old AWA unification match.

I'd like to see more old school footage of like 70s WWF, NWA, and AWA.

I also want them to finish the Survivor Series anthology.

As great as it would be, I dont think there will ever bee an Owen Hart DVD.

I would really love to se a full history of the nWo DVD come out. Including all the members breifly at least.

I think a Big Boss Man, Rick Rude, and Ted DiBiase documentarys are long over due.

I think the WWE should make a DVD with the Greatest Black Wrestlers. I mean go back to those who paved the way for Rocky Johnson, The Rock, Shelton. Like Sweet Brown Sugar, Junk Yard Dog, Bad News Brown, Abby , Norvel Austin , SD Jones, Ernie Ladd and Tony Atlas.

They could talk about race, booking, being on the road. You could have input from Ole Anderson, Ric Flair , Dusty Rhodes, Jim Ross and others who booked talent during that time period. Some of the stories I have been told by legends are nothing short of amazing.

QUEEN OF THE RING - A dvd documentary that chronicles the history of women in the WWE. From the days when Moolah would live in her car to the Japanese Invasion to Wendy Richter and Stop it at Trish Stratus . You can have a few current divas do a segment on what it was like. But it should focus on sexism in wrestling, booking, pay, tv time, belts.

There are alot of women who came before Moolah. I have some vintage footage of females wrestling during the Golden Age of Television. Those women were great in the ring.

Id like to see Miss Elizabeth! I know that dvd would be different and not your normal one but I think it would be great. She was so beautiful, Wrestlemania 8 I believe Flair vs, Savage and her pinkish dress WOW, and when she went to WCW I didnt see her as much cuz I was a WWF loyal fan at the time and ya idk just never got into WCW that much, I watched it but nothing crazy. Or if there isnt enough footage/story whatever make it like a womans top 3 Liz, Sunny, Trish something along those lines.

For me definitely these are the DVDs

Million Dollar Man:Why it hasnt been done is beyond me
Scott hall: Geez this guy has busted his ass for the business main event match after main event match
Kevin nash:I actually see this one getting done soon simply due to the fact he is back with the WWE!! Throw away his stint in TNA and you still have alot of quality stuff to choose from his time in WWE and WCW!!! I liked it alot when he picked up mysterio and just bascially treated him like a dart into the side of the trailer...
Rick Rude: Oh man this guy was entertaining and very funny!! I still wish to this day he got wwe title run if even it was a short one!! He totally deserved it.. He was talented and had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand...
NWO history: Yes Yes Yes do this alrighty WWE tell the history of the NWO they were a huge part of history in the business!! They damned there put the WWE out on their asses!!
Sting: Yes absoutely but because hes in TNA sadly i dont see it ever happening!
Angle: How come this wasnt done before he left for TNA!! He was there like 7 or 8 years and has had awesome matches!!

well to be honest id like to see a Terry Funk dvd collection as well as like a Gimmicks DVD (you know the silly ones, like repo man, issac yankem DDS etc) and gather all the people who played the silly gimmicks to give their thoughts and view on their time working the gimmick. For someone reason id like to see that.

(and to add yes I know Issac Yankem was Glen Jacobs/Kane)

The DVD I really want to see released which I know will never happen is the ENTIRE MONDAY NIGHT WARS. Make it a 15 Disc set man! Give us what really went on During WCW/WWF's glory days! Not these WWE heavily edited things. The die hard fans who lived thru that era would more than likely buy it. I tried sitting thru the Monday Night Wars but I couldn't stand Brisco trying to put Vince over as this cut throat individual when it was Bischoff doing the dirty tactics (announcing matches) etc etc. I'd love to see the UNBIASED Monday Night Wars. Because those of us that went thru it know that WCW really kick WWF square in the nuts for a long time.

Outside of that I've always wanted to see the greatest cruiserweight matches of all time. And by cruiserweight I mean WCW, not WWE. Even throw in some of ECW with the likes of Super Crazy, Tajiri etc etc.

I'd also like to see one about Good Ole JR...I know this sounds crazy but I'd love to see what he sees when he scouts talent and such. It would be nice to see the behind the scenes work that goes on. As I appreciate the on-screen work he does it would give a new appreciation to his backstage contributions.

Those are the 3 I would absolutely love to see... Oh and not to mention I'd also love a comedy DVD:

The funniest Raw Announce team comments/moments. I know that sounds ridiculous but half of the stuff JR/King have done over the years I'd roll over laughing at over and over again. Of course in this PG non-sense era 95% of the stuff would be heavily edited but I'd love an uncensored DVD of their greatest moments/comments.

I would like to see the history of the WWWF tag titles from formation in the early 1960's up to about the first Wrestlemania. Growing up the focus of the TV programing was always the tag titles. If you wanted to see the heavyweight champion you needed to go to a live show at a large venue. Most of us rarely had that opportunity.

They should make another Undertaker DVD Set on his entire career in the WWF/WWE. the one that came out was good but the next one should come out after his Hall of Fame induction, make it the ultimate Undertaker DVD set. im the biggest Taker Fan and I believe he deserves the best dvd the WWE can make on his Legendary career!!!

I think the "Rivalry" DVD mentioned would be great.

Take Wrestlemainia 21-25 and put them in one Volume like the rest of the "Collection". I'm a completest, so having 1-20 in a nice set is ruined by having the last 5 (I'm 2 behind) individually.

Kurt Angle
Brock Lesnar

Kevin Nash (not really needing a Hall Dvd)
UNLESS you do a "History of the NWO" DVD correctly.
Rick Rude, maybe.

I didn't see the "High Flyers" DVD, but did they include the WCW Cruisers? Or was it only the recent guys?

And in the spirit of my favorite old website "Wrestle-Crap". they need to acknowledge some of the stupidity they've produced. (Battle Kat, Max Moon, GobblyGooker, The Hand, Kaientai and the "choppy choppy", "INDEED!", Aldo Montoya, Akeem's transformation)

How about a Doink DVD?? That could be fun. Right?? No?? Okay then.

I would also like to see more Stable DVDs.

We had a great 4 Horsemen DVD, but we could use a 2nd volume. We had an okay New World Order DVD, but a 2nd and maybe 3rd set would be nice. I’d like to see a separate Wolfpac DVD. We had enough D-Generation X DVDs, more than enough.

I’d like the WWE to produce an Evolution DVD. Ric Flair, Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista (and Eugene), are quite possibly the greatest collection of WWE Superstars ever (and Eugene).

I’d also like to see a Ministry of Darkness / Corporation / Corporate Ministry / Union, 4 part set, maybe get 2 DVDs for each set. This would be really cool.

I don’t know if I would buy it, but a Nation Of Domination DVD would be nice with Disciples Of Apocalypse / Los Boricuas chapters within it. Definitely something I would watch on NetFlix.

Now that it’s over, I’d like to see a Smackdown vs. Raw DVD chronicling the history of the Brand Extension featuring the Drafts and Survivor Series / Bragging Rights matches pitting Red vs. Blue. I'd start with 2002 Brand Extension Draft. With the first pick of the 2002 WWE Draft, Smackdown selects The Rock from the University of Miami!! With the second pick of the 2002 WWE Draft, Raw selects The Undertaker!! I'd take this all the way to last Monday night with Triple H's announcement.

I want to see WWE release a box set for every year of WCW ppvs. Thats not asking too much. The 1993-1997 box sets would be their best selling product.

I think there should be a WWE - September 2011 DVD
This should show all the RAWs, SmackDowns, NXTs, Superstars and PPV's in the month so you can follow you favorite fueds. It should also have backstage interviews as extra's. I'd buy the who set of these DVD's :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back