Drew McIntyre is the definiton of what is wrong with WWE right now!

Hate to break it to you McIntyre lovers but he AIN'T THAT GOOD. He's boring to watch and puts the crowd to sleep. Whether you find Brodus entertaining is irrelevant, most of the fans seem to react to Brodus in some way which is what you are supposed to do in wrestling. Because of this Bodus SHOULD get pushed over Drew, he does his job better, simple as that!

Remember this? Only 1 of the 3 survivors have yet to meet the expectations of being a decent main eventer/back up main eventer from 3 years ago. Guess who? :D

Actually, Drew is the only member of Team Miz who hasn't won a world title yet.

I like McIntyre and i remember seeing him getting face pops on Superstars a while back but he's just gonna have to wait until an opportunity arises for him. He looked great in the Elimination chamber last year with terrifying intensity(He has terrific psychology) & I think he's fine on the mic but could overall use work.

I remember years back when WWE had their own "WWE Universe" forums someone made a thread saying Drew McIntyre was better than the Rock....people really do believe some shit.

Drew McIntyre is better than The Rock, John Cena, Steve Austin, Hogan, Sammartino, Kowalski and Thesz put together. I mean listen to those reactions... actually don't, if you want to hear silence just lock yourself in a room, It'll be better than seeing his bland expression.

Oh and SOM, Elimination Chamber 2011 was the crowning achievement of McIntyre's career thus far, he was good in that match, I can admit.

Reactions: .
I enjoy when some random internet geek with a man crush on a professional wrestler decides he knows how to book wrestling better than a guy that's been doing it for the better part of four decades.

Sure, the WWE isn't perfect, but Brodus Clay gets a big reaction every time he steps out. People love the guy, there's no way around it. McIntyre, on the other hand, struggled to get good heat week after week. So who should the WWE push? The guy with natural charisma that has the fans cheering for him everywhere he goes, or a guy that continually gets crickets?

I'm afraid to say that you are the definition of what is wrong with a wrestling fan. The logic seems to transfer thusly:

- I like a wrestler.
- Therefore everybody likes this wrestler.
- Therefore he's a good wrestler.
- Therefore he's better than that other wrestler that I don't like.
- The company that owns he/she ought to push them to the moon otherwise they are wrong because I am the consumer and I am always right because I speak for everyone.

Reality wants a word. YOU don't have a monopoly on the opinions of the entire wrestling community. Brodus Clay get's better reactions than Drew McIntyre as dictated by the reactions of a good sample of their audience which is in attendance for him on a weekly basis on Raw or Smackdown (thousands of people which consists of adults, children, men women, internet marks, superhero-smitten children - a good mixture really) ergo he's of more value to the company than McIntyre is, therefore naturally he's going to be the man taking up more airtime on a regular basis. Would you prefer the soundtrack to your Monday night raw to be a harmony of chirruping crickets? I'm afraid most people would probably not if it came down to a simple choice. That's the alternative you present.

It's not only illogical, infeasible, unrealistic, unlikely and more, it's also just wrong. Drew McIntyre will have his opportunity, which he gets weekly on superstars, to show that he can engage the audience and have people care about him as much as they do Brodus Clay. Until, his spot in the company is warranted and you've got nothing to complain about.

Drew McIntyre position is his fault, we know it and everybody knows it. But it's a shame to see him being used very poorly while people with less talent but a better and goofier gimmick are on my TV week in and week out.

Let's be real, Brodus Clay, Santino Marella, Hornswoggle, Michael Cole and The Great Khali have a reason to exist, and it's called entertainment. While for the most wrestling fans their TV Time is stupid, they can actually have some really good segments for the average viewer, but Brodus Clay had the opportunity to show more in a different gimmick, because when he was working on Superstars he wasn't getting over. He had a good amount of hype, he had an eight minute segment at WrestleMania, all about him... Guys like Alex Riley, Drew McIntyre and McGillicutty didn't even had a fair shot. Alex Riley was depushed from out of nowhere, he had bigger reactions than Brodus Clay does, so tell me please the reason for his depush...

Drew McIntyre was so forced in the first place that people didn't even knew how to react to him, but his last segments with Kelly Kelly and his performance at EC 2011 was very good and the crowd felt that, 'cause after that he actually had mixed reactions. It is a shame to see talent being misused.

Drew McIntyre position is his fault, we know it and everybody knows it. But it's a shame to see him being used very poorly while people with less talent but a better and goofier gimmick are on my TV week in and week out.

Let's be real, Brodus Clay, Santino Marella, Hornswoggle, Michael Cole and The Great Khali have a reason to exist, and it's called entertainment. While for the most wrestling fans their TV Time is stupid, they can actually have some really good segments for the average viewer, but Brodus Clay had the opportunity to show more in a different gimmick, because when he was working on Superstars he wasn't getting over. He had a good amount of hype, he had an eight minute segment at WrestleMania, all about him... Guys like Alex Riley, Drew McIntyre and McGillicutty didn't even had a fair shot. Alex Riley was depushed from out of nowhere, he had bigger reactions than Brodus Clay does, so tell me please the reason for his depush...

Drew McIntyre was so forced in the first place that people didn't even knew how to react to him, but his last segments with Kelly Kelly and his performance at EC 2011 was very good and the crowd felt that, 'cause after that he actually had mixed reactions. It is a shame to see talent being misused.

I wonder why the entertaining guys have more time than guys like Riley and McGillicutty.

I'm afraid to say that you are the definition of what is wrong with a wrestling fan. The logic seems to transfer thusly:

- I like a wrestler.
- Therefore everybody likes this wrestler.
- Therefore he's a good wrestler.
- Therefore he's better than that other wrestler that I don't like.
- The company that owns he/she ought to push them to the moon otherwise they are wrong because I am the consumer and I am always right because I speak for everyone.

The accuracy of this post is impeccable.

How about Drew McIntyre is as dull as dishwater?

He has no gimmick. Much of this thread concerns itself with a comparison of McIntyre and Brodus Clay. Several people have told us: The fans love Brodus.

But do they love Brodus.....or do they love his gimmick? In his first WWE go-around, he had no direction.... then he was used as a bodyguard for Alberto Del Rio. Where was all the love for him then? Management was unimpressed enough that they sent him to pro wrestling's version of Never-Never Land, right? After residing there for a long time, accompanied by an unexplained delay of over a month due after it was announced he'd be back, Clay returns as the Funkasauras....and suddenly everyone discovers they actually loved him all along?

It's the gimmick. In Drew's case, he has none and the company doesn't seem inclined to give him one. In this thread, we've read the usual gamut of opinions regarding Drew: he can wrestle--he can't wrestle.......he's great on the mic--he's terrible on the mic.......he has charisma--he has none.........and so on, and so on.

Yes, some folks like him and others don't, making him the same as every other WWE performer, no? We're all entitled to our opinions, even though some of us on this forum state our views as opinions, while others proclaim them as absolute facts (which is nothing new on this board).

I say McIntyre should get something new to run with. The company seemed to be giving him a direction with that weekly beating he was getting on Smackdown in the face of being fired by Teddy Long for losing......but it led nowhere. And yes, yes, he had the Chosen One gimmick, which I still contend was more of a curse than a blessing: when you're anointed as "The Chosen One" that early in your WWE tenure, where do you go from there? He wasn't ready for it; that's seems certain. Now, maybe he is.

So, okay, WWE Creative. You've written program after program for Cody Rhodes. You've featured Dolph Ziggler so much on TV that it's become monotonous. You've made Jack Swagger a world champion. All of these guys have (imo) no more to offer than Drew McIntyre.

I believe the man has worked hard and long enough to warrant another push. Give him a gimmick and see if he can run with it. If he can, WWE has a marketable commodity. If he can't, he can come and be my boy toy forever.

Hell, either way.....I win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back