Does WWE care too much for the kids?

Porter1989

Occasional Pre-Show
come on? no one should say this ppv was good. maybe besides undertaker returning. john cena after all the hell he went through and guess what? the superman showed up. his gimmick is utter disbelief and completely shit. and he takes down nexus. that just ruined that story line time to have barret on his own because if they cant even beat this shitty cena there done. so yeah there done. lets just keep this stale cena for the 12 year olds who suck his dick. give me your thoughts on this shitty night?

but i tip my hat for wwe getting rid of the ugly orange shit he always wore :lol:

Except this to be trashed. And by the way I had a feeling purple/yellow would be his next color scheme.The John Cena Win made Nexus look weak months of beatdowns and they don't back it up. But Nexus did look pretty strong so maybe they didn't look so weak.

Yes WWE cares too much about those fucking 10 year olds. Probably only good thing about cena is he doesn't look like a fucking orange anymore. Instead hes a fucking piece of shit grape. Come on WWE, what the fuck is this shit. I know its PG but come on... We see super cena again and again and again. Now Nexus storyline is pretty much dead. What now? Cena will go on like this forever? Fuck cena. This was probably our best chance to see him go heel.

I thought the final match was good but the ending ruined it, tonight was a good example of why I hate Cena because he does the same thing week in week out and it got boring a long time ago. I know that team WWE was going to win but in that way where Cena just had to use one move and Barret tapped out instantly just ruined it for me .Wasn't expecting Taker or Bryan to return tonight and they were good comebacks well.... maybe not so much Taker but at least now Kane is looking very strong. Ohh and yes they do care far too much about kids, I don't mind PG but in a way it's ruining the actual wrestling because of things like Cena's style. Surely there must be some kid out there who wonders why Cena wins by using 3 moves after taking a beating during an entire match because it sure as hell looks fake.

THE. WWE. IS. APPEALING. TO. CHILDREN. How the fuck are you people not getting this? The WWE only cares about the kids now. Thats why its rated PG, and not anything higher. The WWE is a KIDS SHOW.

Thank you, finally someone agrees with me, this was the worst summerslam ever, wwe is gonna loose a shit load of money, more than they are losing right now, i would have had daniel bryan win the match so it could elevate his career, but no its john cena, you know what i'm done with wwe, fuck them

Thank you, finally someone agrees with me, this was the worst summerslam ever, wwe is gonna loose a shit load of money, more than they are losing right now, i would have had daniel bryan win the match so it could elevate his career, but no its john cena, you know what i'm done with wwe, fuck them

You do realize that the match was about cena and team WWE's feud with Nexus, right? Bryan's return was a huge mark-out moment, and like someone else said it made 95% of the posters on here look stupid (which I think is awesome). However, having him win the match would do even less for the storyline than the ending we were given. Bryan's career will be elevated in a subsequent feud with Miz.

oh yeah wwe ruined 1 of their biggest ppvs i mean the way they ended the match sucks getting a clean pinfall on nexus when they should have said who their leader was or have had a heel turn. but big shock daniel returns. i mean im a big fan of his but they ruined it 2 ways. 1 they said he returned to wwe before the ppv even started and 2 they could have had a great heel turn storyline but they ruined that. 2 things i can say for sure wwe is alienating most of its fans by keeping cena pure and almightingly boring. and 2 if they dont say who the nexus leader is im gonna be bored of it cause they have been doing that secret gm story 4 too long!!!!!!

i think the return of Daniel Bryan was great and worth the PPV being bought. I agree, i am sick of SuperCena, BUT NO one can deny that Daniel Bryan has ALOT of fans. He needed to be brought back and what a better way to do it. If you said Daniel Bryan would be the 7th guy on Monday, people would've laughed at you.

Yes, WWE does care too much for such ratings, IMO. After watching Summerslam and almost vomiting after seeing "Super Cena" be the sole survivor, I've basically had enough. As I stated in another thread, WWE are running the risk of actually losing adult fans because of this bullshit. If things continue the way they are, they may as well switch Raw to the Disney Channel and be done with it. Nexus really needed the win tonight, but WWE went for the "safe" option to please the kiddies and had Super Cena win. Good lord...this almost makes me long for SCSA to come back and just stun the shit out of everyone (including Cena), then celebrate with a few beers tossed around in the ring (sorry).

It's not that I expect to see the Attitude era of old back, with blood, multiple chair shots and profanity. I would like to see a balance though and a sense of creativity from the WWE creative team, who I thought were beginning to get it right when the Nexus first made their debut (that particular bonfire has been well and truly pissed on though).

Again, if WWE continue down this road, they are going to lose a lot of adult fans. If TNA can get their shit together, they'll capitalize on this and improve their shows, marketing them towards over 18's. Cena certainly sells, but at the end of the day, adults are the ones that generate the WWE's revenue and the product should be marketed accordingly.

wow so ill just say this is the smark thread...one you didnt even explain your title your basically just ranting..look get over the atitude era..its over move on..and if you dont lik dont get why people cry so hard over the wwe being about kids but you still watch..if you still watch your a hypocrite and if you dont watch your just going off of word of mouth and thats no better.you guys get on these sites and cry and bitch and moan about hating WWE today but you dtill watched..is someone tying you up and forcign you to watch?? no then turn the channel.why watch something if your just going to hate?there are otherwrestling promotions out there. i hear week in and week out peole crying "oh boo hoo the atitude era this stone cold this the rock that cuss words, chair shots blah blah blah" but you...all..still...watch...why? if you hate soemthing why watch? so you can come online and bitch and blog about how "oh waaa WWe doesnt care about us, waaa Cena beat up Nexus, waaaaa i hate the kiddie stuff" new flash when they invented the TV they also invented the remote..change the channel

Cena wins, same old story. Deep down I kind of expected this because you know...it's the same thing that they've been doing for the better part of 6 years...Cena wins. When all else fails give Cena the "W".
After all the hype and speculation going into this PPV,and getting only the same predictable usual result, all you can do is never believe any internet speculation. As long as you (like me) just train yourself to always expect Cena to come out on top,you are never disappointed lol.
They're target audience is not 18-35, so you kinda just have to take it with a grain of salt and laugh it off. Yes they do care too much about the 12 year olds, but that is who they are after.Most adults dont buy merchandise and wait in line for hours for pro wrestling for themselves, they do it for their kids and younger siblings etc etc.
Fact is this is the post attitude era and it will stay that way for a long,long time...all you can do is get used to it or turn off the TV everytime Cena appears if it bothers you that bad I suppose.:shrug:

holy shit talk about WWE fucking up,ok sure that match prob made bryan a big superstar but what the fuck about cena,talk about the easiest way to turn someone heel,and of course vince kennedy mcmahon fucks it up,jesus christ,im just gunna say this,if cena woulda turned heel,it might of been as bad as hogan turning,but let me make one thing clear,CENA CAN FUCKING DIE,hes the reason for wrestling being fucked up

WWE is a buisness first, then a pro wrestling company. They unfortunatley are not anyones personal playground where Vince will willingly sacrifice possible profits to make a select few happy.

A group of the typical Cena hating fans, probably (IMO) attend maybe 2 events a year, buy the PPVs, and do everything else online.

The "kids" that everyone hate? Easily has to be a family of 3 or for for EACH kid. Buy all of the PPVs, buys T-Shirts, hats, belts, posters, WWE's main and kids magazine, etc....

WWE can make a ton of money now from group A.
Thet can make way more money for longer with group B.

i think i maybe be done watching wwe. yeah i know its pg but going this far as to see cena get the shit beat out of him the whole match and win? nexus was the best thing to happen to wwe in years of this pg. why ruin it now? we need holy shit moments in the pg era. not the complete expected. somehow i knew hed come out on top and have team raw come out celebrate and have him turn there. but yes the wwe has gone to shit without there being any suprises. you cant recreate hogan and cena will never be hogan. time to shake things up VINCE.

i say that PPV was good, in fact i'd go as far to say it was great, people like you need to get over the attitude era, seriously grow up

You tell us to grow up, but yet you back this show thats meant for kids? No sir you grow up.

Gotta love how Cena kicked out of that concrete DDT huh? :lol: that was the biggest non sell i ever seen in my life. This loss pretty much killed the only good storyline WWE has had in about 4 years ( other than Orton/Mcmahons ). Probably killed a few careers within the Nexus too.

And by not joining the Nexus, Daniel Bryan merged himself with the WWE Mid Card.

Fucking horrible ppv tonight.... The ECW PPV last week made this look like childs play.

YES THE WWE CARES ENTIRELY TOO MUCH FOR THE ******** 12 YEAR OLDS!! Because they're trying to please them, this and every pay-per-view where John Cena wins is RUINED!!! There's no "overcoming the odds" with him!! He has been the legitimate favorite(by the creative writing team) to win EVERY match his been in since early 2006. When you convincingly beat guys like Bobby Lashely, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Umaga, Christian, Edge, THE ENTIRE NEXUS, etc, etc, it starts to deteriorate the ENTERTAINMENT part of Sports entertainment. There are no more surprises....Whatever storyline John Cena is in and has been in since 2005 he has come out on top....OK WWE HE IS THE TOP FACE.....WE GET IT...PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER HERO FOR THE KIDS....JOHN CENA IS A 5-MOVE OR LESS, CORNY ********!! When I was 12 I would have hated him!! ANOTHER PAPERVIEW THROWN IN THE TRASH BY WWE AND THEIR GREED FOR MONEY!!

i agree im so sick of cena, once it was down to 2 on 1 i stopped watching. i knew what was going to happen and didnt want to see it. Nexus now looks weak, and their storyline is basically over. and Cena once again looks like no one can beat him. hell even when he dropped the title to Sheamus, Sheamus never had a clean win. Cena was attacked for 3 weeks straight by nexus and came back every week, yet the one week he got his hands on a nexus member(i cant remember which one) cena flips the announcer table on him(nexus did that to cena and he returned) yet this nexus member missed the next week of raw due to injuries.

I wish tna would get their act together and stop sucking so wwe didnt have a monopoly and would have to start putting on better shows to keep their fans.

Well I will agree this was not a "Summerslam quality" PPV, it had 2 huge returns. The best part was the one of them was genuinely regarded as an impossibility.

And I really believe everybody on team WWE looked strong in this match sans Bret Hart. Cena got a pin and a tap out, Bryan got 2 tap outs and was eliminated by interference. This was definitely not all about Cena.

Taker everybody saw from miles away, don't complain.

This is not the end of Nexus, just wait and see.

First off everyone needs to stop acting like Cena beat all 7 members of Nexus by himself he wasn't even in the match until it came down to him and Bryan. All Cena did was beat down the last 2 members of Nexus.

I also want to add to the fact that pinfalls on Morrison, Truth, and Edge all looked legit and not cheap.

Nexus was alwyas bult up as a great group that could not be stopped by one man or one tag team. They did show that they can be beat by a group of top superstars.

At the end of the day Nexus isn't dead, Cena didn't turn, Bryan is back, Attitude is dead get over it :banghead:

The whole reason for the Super-Cena angle is because of Linda McMahon's senate run. The press and democrats are blowing her up because of all the stuff she and Vince did during the attitude era.

Does it mean that Super-Cena has to show up and save the day after being nearly defeated EVERY SINGLE MATCH? No. It's old and worn out, but until Linda Mac loses the senate race, this is what we're going to get over and over again. Hence why Edge is so boring now - seriously, what's so 'Rated R' about him? This is why John Morrison's 'sexy' angle was dropped and now is a dud. Hence why R-Truth raps without saying anything that is common in raps. Hence why the Divas have become a complete snore and can't wear provocative clothing anymore (ex - Kelly Kelly's chaps). Hence why Randy Orton isn't trying to kick the heads off of legends and the McMahon's.

Just wait a few more months and this will all be over with. If not, then you'll see the WWE tank due to alienating the fans for a bunch of 10 year olds.

Just my $.02

yep im officially done with wwe. this was definitely THE WORST pay per view i have ever seen. no surprise ending at all, no twist to the storyline, they just basicly rushed to end the damn storyline. the wwe is officially gay, little kids ruined it. they might as well move the show to nick at nite and call it a day. then maybe the rest of us will get the msg that the wwe is no longer to entertain adults, and we will all stop expectin something that isn't gonna happen. i'm tired of this bullshit

LSU_DT your right i have no real proof that there is gonna be a leader but i have a feeling because look how the mystery gm treating them. they week in and week out gang attack people and the mystery gm never ever punishes them. everytime there is a singles match with one of them they all interfere. yet u never see them banned from ringside. and last raw the gm makes cena/bret vs jericho/edge with the nexus as lumberjacks. if u look at the little things you can clearly see favortism from the gm towards the nexus. if im wrong im wrong but im using my gut on this cause anyone can tell the gm is being nice to the nexus.

Sorry for the double post.

On another note if it wasn't for those "stupid 12 year olds" as you call them there wouldnt be the little bit of money in the WWE now. We all know they are pumping money into a business we watch and dont give any money to (think when was the last time you bought a t-shirt, any thing with a WWE logo on it, or actually ordered a ppv instead of reading the updates or watching an illegal stream)

You may hate the target audience but untill you guys start putting more money into the product consider yourselves not to be cared about

I read these threads every day. And every day people complain about Cena and the PG rating. I'm 30 years old and have watched wrestling since I was 3 years old. I've come to this website for years and years but everyone says the same thing. But why is it then when you were little you loved Hulk Hogan? Why did you love the Ultimate Warrior? It was PG back before there were ratings for tv. Hogan got his ass kicked every match and came back and won. Watch the Wrestlemania III match with Andre. Hogan literally does three moves to beat Andre the Giant but that is one of the greatest matches of all time to the same people who hate John Cena. Cena turned face in the first place because everyone loved him. But it's never 'cool' to be the face. Everyone only loves the heels or tweeners. Is it really that crazy that he beat two guys? Gabriel missed his moved and got rolled up. Barrett got caught and tapped out. Not that unbelievable. If stuff bothers you people that much then why watch? Why constantly complain and whine? Why waste so much of your time watching a show 'that is for kids' or as someone else said '******** 12 year olds'? All these 'little kiddies' will be the people spending money on the product in 10 years so why not cater? I know it's terrible to plan for the future and all but isn't that why companies last?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back