Do you miss CM Punk in the WWE?

Don't miss him because he did almost all he could or WOULD do for the company.

He got that massive push in 2011 until early 2014 but let's not forget he got pushes before that. He was ECW Champ, World Champ and IC Champ. He was MITB holder, twice. He had numerous career highlights before he ever got that big highlight spot for the WWE title.

Then he took the WWE title and held it for over a year. Correct me if I'm wrong but WWE had their worst average ratings ever during CM Punk's long reign as champion. Alternatively, TNA had their best ratings ever during that time. Could be just coincidence? Maybe.

But, that said, I'm not knocking Punk's abilities as a pro wrestler. He can talk and he can wrestle. Just maybe doesn't draw super well.

Regardless, he did do some great things in WWE. But his attitude is really why you shouldn't 'miss him' because he doesn't want to be in WWE anymore.

He accomplished everything he wanted to do in WWE. Everything, except headline WrestleMania. When it became clear in early 2014 that he wouldn't headline WM 30 he knew he wasn't willing to work for any other storyline. Even if he was going over Triple H, he didn't care, he wouldn't care enough about the rest of the year and any of the storylines to put enough effort in. He wasn't going to job and unfortunately he would have to job a little bit because other Superstars had to be elevated over this year other than him.

I give him credit for leaving because he didn't want to work if he wasn't going to give it 100%. I do wonder why he didn't ask for his release and WWE didn't give it to him so they could at least part ways on good terms and then Punk could come back to WWE on a part-time basis and MAYBE then he could be inserted in a WM main event.

But knowing the impression I get from Punk he would only have stayed with WWE until WM 30 if he was headlining. Even if he was, that probably meant he had to be WWE Champ going out or close to becoming WWE Champ shortly after. That would mean more ways WWE had to try and make Cena vs Punk interesting. And they'd have to try Punk vs Lesnar again. Punk would have to lose and we'd be where we are now, except Punk would have to find another feud but he would not be interested so it would be NOW that he would walk away anyways.

He simply just was burnt out and uninterested.

So don't miss Punk because he doesn't miss WWE.

I can't say I do miss him, I always thought he was very overated, He's not a bad wrestler I have seen decent passable matches from CM Punk but I have never seen in my opinion a 5 star CM Punk match that really impressed me, I would love to have seen him against my favourite at the moment Daniel Bryan at a big stage like at the main event of wrestlemania and maybe I would of had the chance to be proved wrong. I actually think the WWE has slightly improved this year after CM Punk left, Coincidence or not who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back