CM Punk Mocks TNA at WWE House Show

Ferreira

SORRY! About you damn luck!
So, I'm a big fan of both TNA and CM Punk, as you might know CM Punk was back in the day a TNA wrestler, he worked there for two years before parting away from the company due to bad management.

So yesterday CM Punk and a fan in a WWE house show had a "altercation" where Punk called the fan a Cena Fan, and that he (the fan) watched TNA, and mocked Cena using his trademark "O" saying: "I bet you watch TNA".

Does this change anything? After all it's a WWE worker/wrestler mentioning their competition, for the first time since WCW/WWF. I know it's CM Punk, and CM Punk is very open to say that he has worked in other organizations, after all to him it makes sense to mention where he was and where he is now.

Sure, many times WWE wrestlers mention TNA on their twitter accounts, Randy Orton praised some TNA matches in the past. It's not like a big deal. But this is kind of different, after all, CM Punk is doing a house show for WWE, not twitting at home or on the road where WWE doesn't have so much control of what he says or does...

Does this open some doors? Or it's just something that in a year nobody will remember?

Video:

[YOUTUBE]6zOr51gqDbQ[/YOUTUBE]

Cute, but utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Punk, who's never been shy about running his mouth, is obviously still harboring hard feelings from his time in TNA. Good for him, or you know, not. Honestly, it doesn't matter.

This was at a house show. It was filmed by a fan, not WWE or any other nationally televised company/program. I doubt it'll earn him any praises from his peers/friends (some of whom obviously work for TNA still), but like I said in the grand scheme of things this is utterly irrelevant.

FINALLY a WWE wrestler found some courage to take a jab at TNA. Oh Lordy it's a happy day. Punk earned some big respect points from me just now. Good for him, it's nice to see he sort of mocked the company that sure as hell has been mocking WWE for a while now. At least someone in there isn't a goddamn pussy.

Totally irrelevant, and something that no one will remember. After all, it occurred at a house show, and was not recorded by WWE cameras. So I would not expect any attention whatsoever to be d rawness to it outside of this one particular house show.

Plus, we don't even know the context of the statement. For all we know, the fan was wearing a TNA t-shirt, and elicited a spontaneous comment for this reason alone. I wouldn't be too quick to read any deep hidden meaning, or any particular significance, into this isolated incident. After all, why would CM Punk, near the top of he heap in WWE, bother to call any attention, positively or negatively, to TNA?

Am I the only one who noticed Punk also said "it's good" when he talked about TNA? lol

I think he was being sarcastic. The fan said he thought Cena was 'sheet' and Punk was 'sheet' so Punk assumed he's a TNA fan, then used Cena's dumbass 3D hand signal and dropped a bucket of sarcasm. He's witty.

Said it to a fan.... off air and only on a camera phone.... big deal? not at all.

No higher up in WWE will even see it... or batt an eyelid if they did.

are we going to start to over-cover wrestling like they do with the nfl??

rediculous. it means nothing. he was being sarcastic and took a jab at a company on it's deathbed while he is on his way to become wwe champion and head into wrestlemania and other *watched* t.v shows.

It's CM Punk. He's great at dropping pipe bombs but this is something wrestling needs. He's just speaking his mind and the IWC bought into it. He's making things interesting these days.

No one will remember that in a week let alone in a year. It was completely irrelevant and not a big deal that he mocked TNA in his own way. He probably doesn't care for the product but mocking TNA is like mocking Brittany Spears, everybody does it so why does it matter if CM Punk does.

It was a house show. Filmed by a fan at ringside. When he says something about TNA on Raw, then we'll have something to talk about.

Funny but not a big deal. I'll be amazed if people remember this next week. It won't have any profound impact on Punk or derail his push or anything. In the grand scheme of things, this is really insignificant. Funny but insignificant.

FINALLY a WWE wrestler found some courage to take a jab at TNA. Oh Lordy it's a happy day. Punk earned some big respect points from me just now. Good for him, it's nice to see he sort of mocked the company that sure as hell has been mocking WWE for a while now. At least someone in there isn't a goddamn pussy.

What? So CM Punk makes a passing reference to TNA and it means what to you?

Look, let me just say that as of late, I like what TNA is doing. I happen to believe they are moving in the right direction. But to somehow think that TNA mocking WWE is or has been productive is nonsense. It hasn't worked on any level and if anything made them look pathetic and starved for attention. So I for one am glad they are now focusing on their own brand and product, as they should.

Damnit, I wanted him to accuse the guy of being a homosexual like he did in Australia, that would have been an actual pipebomb - this on the other hand means literally nothing. He didn't even insult them, he asked the fan did he watch TNA and sarcastically said it's good. Lets see Punk do it on television so that it can actually matter.

I found his remarks about Cena to be far more interesting. He seemed fairly arrogant when he was asking, "You're a Cena fan, aren't you?" Seems as if fans always seem to catch Punk saying these things when the cameras aren't rolling.

Just want to say that he wasn't doing the "Cena hand sign" it was the "okay" symbol, and he was winking at the same time, saying that TNA is good...in other words it was sarcasm. It's just a coincidence that Cena uses that (the 3D symbol really).

I don't know if you have ever seen a C.M Punk interview or heard any stories about the guy but... he's kind of an asshole in real life. He's bitter about everything. He trash talks just about everything he's ever been involved in, why would he act differently toward TNA?

As far as picking on the fan by calling him a Cena fan, if anything I find it interesting that he couldn't think of anything more clever. He spent the entire summer picking on Cena fans in red tshirts, is that really the best he could do?

The guy was allowed to go on live TV a few months ago and say anything he wanted, I'm sure the higher ups at the WWE don't really give a crap about twenty seconds of video shot on a cel phone video.

It was worth a good laugh, and the slight jab at Cena was hilarious, but Punk's little shot at TNA won't mean anything in the long run. This little moment (if you can even call it that) will be forgotten soon, and internet wrestling fans will be the only ones who remember this video, because "PUNK MENTIONED TNA ON CAMERA!"

This little shot won't pop up in any of Punk's promos, and I highly doubt we'll hear any mentions of TNA on any WWE program in the future. This happened at a house show, and Punk was just having some fun, as he talked trash to an obnoxious fan.

What? So CM Punk makes a passing reference to TNA and it means what to you?

Look, let me just say that as of late, I like what TNA is doing. I happen to believe they are moving in the right direction. But to somehow think that TNA mocking WWE is or has been productive is nonsense. It hasn't worked on any level and if anything made them look pathetic and starved for attention. So I for one am glad they are now focusing on their own brand and product, as they should.

I couldn't agree more. I never understood what a company gets out of mocking it's competition. Worry about your own product. When a big business has to resort to taking shots it makes them look like losers. That goes for both companies.

Let's face it, the Monday Night Wars are not coming back and never will.

As far as Punk goes, it's Punk being Punk. The comment is irrelevant. But I am sure that TNA will find a way to use it.

So, I'm taking it that none of you mouth breathers seem to remember Kaval taking a huge jab at TNA back in his NXT days, which was...you know...on tv and shit (at least it was back then). Yeah, about those "wow, first time it's been mentioned on the air" comments...you're all wrong. I mean, damn, you guys are in such a hurry for ANOTHER war to start between two companies that you'll dig for anything to make a big deal about.

The less the two acknowledge each other, the better.

Much ado about nothing, to be honest. Punk was having fun with fans at ringside, a novel thought, I know. Wrestlers are generally given more freedom at house shoes that they're not afforded on TV, and Punk, as he's known for doing, was taking advantage of that freedom.

Just as with the incident where he called a fan a homosexual at a house show overseas, he probably never thought these comments would see the light of day. And this time, I'd guess he doesn't care. What did he really say that matters here? He assumed that the fan ringside was a John Cena and TNA fan. There's no deeper meaning here, he was simply having fun. Making it out to be more then that is silly.

I watched the clip in question and I was confused as to what the argument even meant.

Not only is the guy moaning at CM Punk not making sense, how did Punk jump from Cena to TNA in a single breath? The two aren't really connected...

As for why Punk feels comfortable taking shots at TNA, it's probably because he's headlining the top promotion in the world, thinks his position is secure and has all his old ROH buddies bitching about TNA during their off-hours.

Punk will be fired within 24 hours :thumbsup:

Anyway, while I am sure people will glorify Punk as getting the best of the guy here, I would suggest the opposite. Just the fact that this ended up making its rounds on the internet means the fan won.

I don't know what to make of Punk's issues with TNA at this point. I can never figure out if he is trying to help them out by mentioning them or he really is that bitter. I really don't get why the indy guys that are in WWE all seem to put TNA on blast at some point. You would think they would want to support their friends working there and the idea that WWE is some indy purity haven is laughable at best.

I guess Punk still has a beef from what happened due to his fight with Teddy Hart. Either that, or he made a witty assumption due to the fan apparently booing him and saying "no" when Punk asked if he was a Cena fan. Even so, it's barely even a jab more likely a simple name drop.

CM punk is loyal to wwe. I however think punk likes tna's product and deep down is a fan of wrestling just like all of the people who are on this thread. He wants tna to get good and perhaps he is emphasizing that they are. The company has improved. Tna needs a mainstream publicity stunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back