Do you like Vince as a heel or a face?

Jessie Lynn DivaGirl

Future Mrs. Gabriel ;)
Just a general question. When Vince left, he was considered kind of a heel since he was about to fire John Cena. Then he came back and got back on our good sides by at least considering firing John Laurenightess (let's call him Johnny so we don't have to spell that name again).

Over his long career, Vince McMahon has been switchoing between heel and face, always with fantastic fan reaction. And don't get me wrong, he's brilliant at both. But seeing as watching him dance with Cameron and Naomi (can you say, "squash match potential"?) left even the bouncy happy-go-lucky Zack Ryder speechless, I must wonder.

Do you like Vince McMahon as a heel or a face?

What is your favorite moment of his in both alignments?

Prior to the creation of the "Mr. McMahon" character in the late 90s, Vince was mostly your standard babyface commentator. His interactions with Bobby Heenan & Jesse Ventura, and later Jerry Lawler, were often a lot of fun. During the AE, Vince was a great heel. Even though he sometimes went overboard, as he's been known to do, with things that weren't entertaining so much as they were just trashy, low class & offensive; he was a lot of fun to root against. Vince at his best was while he was feuding with Stone Cold. They produced a ton of great segments & moments together.

Vince as a face, all in all, really isn't all that different in terms of personality. He just seems to pick on the heels rather than the babyfaces. Vince gets good responses these days partially because we no longer see him all that often and, quite honestly, he's willing to make a fool of himself in front of millions if he thinks it's good for business. Even though Vince is said to be a dick, I think he does get a lot of unfair heat sometimes too.

I like Vince much better as a heel, or I should say I did. However, it's more refreshing to see "Mr. McMahon" as being closer to a babyface and not nearly so over the top as he used to be. Frankly, the "Mr. McMahon" character has lost a lot of its edge & steam, due in large part to the fact that we saw sooooooo much of it over the course of a decade or so.

I like Vince as a heel. In general I've always preferred heel authority figures in wrestling as opposed to ones that are fair and balanced.

No doubt about it, HEEL! Vince as the antagonist drew money. He was always entertaining and as Good 'Ol JR put it, Vince was the Devil himself! All his matches as a heel were classics! Can you imagine that? The guy isn't even a wrestler and all of his matches were memorable. Nothing beats Heel McMahon!:worship:

i prefer HEEL Vince but i really do enjoy it when hes a FACE he deserves to be a FACE and be cheered he made this Business what it is today

Great idea for a topic...I have always liked Vince as what today's fan would call a 'tweener'

I think it's best when he comes out and gets that respect pop, but doesn't really play to either side and just presents himself as the boss. He tends to get too carried sometimes as a heel, though his match with HBK at WM 22 was one of my all time favorites--I also did like his feud with Hogan...great promos leading up to their street fight blowout. I also popped huge when he came back way back when in 2000 and knocked out Triple H backstage only to swerve it up at WM 2000

I do think he should be on tv a bit more often than he is but then again he's 66 years old now!! He really needs to start grooming whoever it is that's actually going to take over so that whoever that person is can capture that big moment feel whenever they show up

Vince is Vince face or heel he's the exact same, I've lost count how many times he's busted one of the good guys balls one week and the following week he's busting some heels balls.

I'd like to see Vince take on a more hands on Owner kind of role he's not a face he's not a heel he's a straight up ball buster, Johnny L, the laptop were boring as the RAW figure head and Teddy Long became stale on Smackdown, Vince is at every tv taping anyway so have him on TV as the Owner, do away with authority figures like GM's they're outdated and have Vince as the owner and take charge, maybe even have HHH develop his COO character on tv under Vince in a life imitating art kind of storyline.

Just a general question. When Vince left, he was considered kind of a heel since he was about to fire John Cena. Then he came back and got back on our good sides by at least considering firing John Laurenightess (let's call him Johnny so we don't have to spell that name again).

Over his long career, Vince McMahon has been switchoing between heel and face, always with fantastic fan reaction. And don't get me wrong, he's brilliant at both. But seeing as watching him dance with Cameron and Naomi (can you say, "squash match potential"?) left even the bouncy happy-go-lucky Zack Ryder speechless, I must wonder.

Do you like Vince McMahon as a heel or a face?

What is your favorite moment of his in both alignments?

Personally, I liked Vince better as a heel when he was younger and made regular appearances, but now that he only special appearances, I don't think it makes much sense for him to appear as a heel only sometimes.

As a Face he is very humurous and extremely entertaining. Bring n decent ratings. As a heel the storylines were amazing. Obviously most of it with Stone Cold.

Now... Last Summer. EVERY... SINGLE...ONE OF US... Loved the little Punk vs McMahon stuff. Punk layin pipe bombs, Vince and him arguing yada yada yada. You can't tell me that didn't have a Great feel to it. An Austin/McMahon feel. But it just kinda ended and then that was the end of it. Very stupid on WWE's part. Ok, hes older and he may not have matches like he did with Austin, but he could easily have a great Looong feud with Punk that doesnt involve him in as many matches and people will DEF tune into that. It will be a "What will happen next" feud. Every week, fans will tune in to see what happens because they become obsessed with the feud.

Vince as a heel ofcourse ...

butw .. when vince was siding cena last monday .. he looked more like a heel than a face ..

Vince is best as a ferocious boss .. more than all this soft spoken boss which he has been playing lately ..

rem the sequence when he had announced himself as the "Greater power " ... Those words " Its me Austin !!! Its me " .. That was epic ... and JR went on " AW ! Son of a bitch "

thats the vince who was entertaining on screen ...

Most definitely heel. He's terrible as a face.

Look at his "return" the other week, he just went around making smugly annoying insults to heels, part of the problem in the WWE right now (refusing to make legitimate heels), getting cheap pops.

I always liked him better as a heel more so than a face, but like Jack Hammer said when he was a face commentator his interactions with The Brain and Jesse Ventura were really good. Mt favorite heel moment was anything with Austin. Vince tends to go over the top, but I think he played it perfectly against Austin.

Ive always seen him as vince. Hes just himself. He doesnt play any character. He treats everyone like awesome or complete crap depending on his mood.

Even against stone cold back in the day, he was both a face/heel. He was a face because he was just a normal boss trying to control an insane rebellious drunken employee who caused mayhem in his life. Then he was a heel for doing some bad stuff which was in return because stone cold was being a heel. lol.

So yeah, i love vince for being vince. The ultimate face/heel.

Mr. McMahon > Vince McMahon

Vince the heel has always been, and will always be way cooler than Vince the good guy. Whatever he does, he gets a reaction. Loudest of boos and biggest of pops. Vinny Mac is the man with the golden touch.

I prefer Mr. McMahon much more than Vince McMahon because he is just too great as a heel. You really wanted to hate him for his actions.

Vince McMahon as a heel! There is no doubt he plays that character to perfection! The EVIL BOSS says: No Chance In Hell! And You're Fired! :blush:

Heel, easily. In fact, I don't think there has been a 'face' McMahon since he was an announcer. He just switches back and forth between demonic heel (Attitude Era Mr. McMahon) and oddly loveable jerk (current status as basically a face who still likes to do mean things on occasion like make fun of JR).

"Mr. McMahon" was great as a heel because he was willing to get his ass kicked and be humiliated by the babyfaces he 'hated' when it was time to end the feud. A lesson Triple H would be wise to learn when he takes control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back