Do You Like Chris Jericho Better As A Heel Or A Face?

I also liked him better as a face. He's a magnificent heel as well. I guess the reason I liked him better as a face is all of the hilarious things he did. Some of the Y2J/Steph promos back in the day were absolutely gut busting.

IMO, he's better off as a heel. With his constant turning, I rather see him as a heel.
As far as I know, he's the closest thing we have as a true heel other than Randy Orton & Edge.

The problem with this question is the storyline superstars are given. Take Jericho's former heel roles, the cocky man who beat Rock and Stone Cold on the same night..look at him now, the heel that beats up men over the age of 60..the only good thing I liked is when JEricho busted FLair right open..it made the storyline more serious rather a joke.

Im gonna say I prefer his heel mode better..from the day he cut a promo with the rock to this day, Jericho fits the heel job a lot better..

jerico has always been a hetter heelhe can really get everyone to hate him. but there is no way that he can be a baby face any time soon

I liked Jericho more during his Y2J days, but it's understood completely, on my part, that he wanted to challenge himself by becoming a heel. Just as nobody took him seriously in the beginning (because of his size)...Chris did the unthinkable and gave us a reason to like him. I don't know if it was the sparkly outfits, the consistently hilarious promos, or his impressive ring-work that made Chris Jericho one of the most beloved superstars of that era, but at best he was Intercontinental Championship material. Chris lacked that something extra...He knew what he had to do..to shake things up..and to once again prove his spot was earned.

Though it wasn't as exciting of a persona, he showed that he could also play a heel when he was that arrogant dick that held the Undisputed Championship (when it was both titles). It was great for his character, and I can see why the WWE went that direction. It wasn't a lost cause either. Jericho held those belts for quite a while (i'm not sure exactly how long)..and though it went unrecognized by the big wigs (on television), he actually carried the company in those days by dawning two of it's most prestigious titles.

While I'm not too big a fan of his current WWE character, something tells me he's got something more up his sleeve. He is the exact oppposite of what he used to be. He used to be funny. He used to have stylish outfits. He used to have the audience laughing until they cried their eyes out. Now.....now he's this self-absorbed, monotonous, shell of his former character. His sudden change of attitude has me wondering what..the..hell happened to Chris Jericho. What ever happened to Y2J? Whatever happened to the guy everybody loved and cheered for? I don't think he's gone anywhere. I think Chris Jericho has the WWE fans right where he wants them, and before you know it, he will have all of us cheering him once again.

This is my first post, by the way...I keep reading all the threads posted by some of you. Some make me sick to my stomach. Some make me want to stand to my feet and applaud. Some are lame. Some are actually enciteful. The same can be said about WWE programming. So, I think this forum represents the WWE community well, and I am honored to now be a part of it.

i thought Y2J was good at both. face he makes you laugh to death. when he was in that feud with HHH in 2001 for the belt on Smackdown i liked how he made fun of Stephanie and called her names but as a heel he brings out the intensity in promos.

I prefer him released,

he's very overrated,he obviously can't wrestle what do people see in him anyways?

Jericho can actually pull off being both a face and a heel, but I like him as a heel more. When somebody mentions Jericho, I always think heel no matter what. He's one of the WWE's best heels, along with Orton, Edge, and the rising Matt Hardy. Besides, the WWE has enough faces and there are less major heels than there are faces: John Cena, Triple H, Batista, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, etc.

I liked Jericho as a face, when he was calling Stephanie a bottom-feeding ho. But, I loved him as Lionheart Chris Jericho, both in WCW, and ECW. I also love him in his current role. He wasn't too shabby during the angle with Christian, where they feuded over Lita and Trish.

His promos are always top notch, and his matches have always been nothing short of stellar. If I had to choose, he'd be a heel for life.

Jericho as a face = long hair, catch lines, crazy outfits, emotion

Jericho as a heel = short hair, monotone voice, a suit, no emotion

You've never ever seen him as Lionheart, have you?

I especially enjoyed his heel work at the beginning of summer where he was just the agitating weasel (Kofi Kingston, Highlight Reel, HBK, etc), not as much when he changed his look and regurgiatated the same lines over and over. I still love him, though.

He's definitely a better asset as a great heel, because they're rare to find. I enjoyed his face work since his return, but that's easier to pull off.

Chris Jericho works as both but honestly i like him as a face he is funny, more serious and it fits his gimmick/character well.

I love Y2j. He is the best thing in WWE. His match vs them washed up old men at mania stole the show. Forget HBK and Underfaker.. They suck.. Y2J should be champ not Cena, he can do more then 6 moves.

I have loved Chris Jericho since WcW and I went back recently to watch his ECW work and enjoyed that too. As a heel or face...it doesn't matter. He delivers. I love his stylin' heel, wearing the ssuits and being clean cut. I think HJericho is really a throwback to the old school and was perfect to take on the Legends at the 25th WM. I think creative dropped the ball. Should have had a recently inducted HOF come back and whip him. Heck, even Hogan would have made more sense.

I love him either way and cheer for him either way.

Honestly he is solid either way, but right now he is becomming a bit stale. Someone should humble him big time, and he should turn face over the course of time. Right now he would be the perfect face for Smackdown, and there should be a feud with him, and Edge. As both have done so much in the WWE with title reigns, and such.

I loke Jericho as a 'tweener' where he would get the pops but still punk out his opponent as a heel would (for lack of a better phrase, im trying to keep it clean) as he did back in his wwe debut.

I liked him as a entertaining,cocky,rock-star like heel like around 2001 when he beat the rock for the WCW title and stone cold for the WWF title to become the undisputed champ but than again I liked him as a face as well like when he was in that angle with Steph and HHH and how he was striped from the WWF title that pissed me of though. Overall I like Jericho as a heel but not the character hes playing now, I like it, but his old heel character is a lot better in my opinion ;]

i recently started watching wwe so i don't really know him much as a face but i really do like his heel charachter. he has everything, a cheap suit, fans hating him and beating him in parking lots, so yeah, he's playing the monster heel very well...i would like to see how he and orton would do together as a team or against each other as heel v heel but whatever, that's my imagination talking...as for jericho as a heel, he's one of the best at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back