Digital Arts and Graphics Ask a Question Thread

I downloaded Gimp but i just can't figure out how to get new fonts i click upload to the font sub-folder it says its a zip file so i try to go to it and it isnt there i have win rar so i think i can open it with that but i cant even see it and i am sure it is in the fonts folder.
also whats a good site for fonts because my one i am trying to get is the only good one on the site

I downloaded Gimp but i just can't figure out how to get new fonts i click upload to the font sub-folder it says its a zip file so i try to go to it and it isnt there i have win rar so i think i can open it with that but i cant even see it and i am sure it is in the fonts folder.
also whats a good site for fonts because my one i am trying to get is the only good one on the site

Drag the file of the font from WinRar onto your desktop. The font should be a .ttf. Once you do that, just type the word "Fonts" in the search bar in the start menu. Once that pops up, drag the fonts into the fonts folder.

Also, dafont.com is a good place for fonts.

I'm in a bit of a jam. I have installed many brushes into my Photoshop CS5, but none of them are appearing in the brushes dialog. When I click on the "Br" button at the top of the screen, it shows me all of the brushes that have been installed. I click on a set, and they still don't show up with all the other brushes. Any way to fix this?

I'm in a bit of a jam. I have installed many brushes into my Photoshop CS5, but none of them are appearing in the brushes dialog. When I click on the "Br" button at the top of the screen, it shows me all of the brushes that have been installed. I click on a set, and they still don't show up with all the other brushes. Any way to fix this?
Have you tried opening the Brushes dialogue at the top of the page, going to the arrow thingie, and selecting the name of the brushes you downloaded and put into the Brushes folder? Once you do that, a dialogue box should pop up asking if you want to replace or append the brushes to your brushes pallette. Select Append and they should be addedto your brush selection window.

I just started using rotating sigs through www.cutandpastescripts.com and, while it works well for the most part, everyone once in awhile it displays this weird logo from the website.

Anyone have any ideas as to why?

As long as you've followed Theo's instructions to the letter, that shouldn't happen. The only thing I can think of is that when you added the image URLs in the box, you didn't delete the original text. That's all I can think of.

I'd just redo the process if I was you.

The only thing I can think of is that when you added the image URLs in the box, you didn't delete the original text. That's all I can think of.

Turns out that this was the problem. I still had the original coding that lead to the gif/logo from the website. I actually had doubles of some of the pictures too, which explains why some of the pictures were appearing more often than others. I'll make a point o double checking next time.

Thank You.

how do i add effects to my background image. (IM USING GIMP ON MAC) like for example my current sig. Im trying to make my fist sig. I got my background all done and set. I just want to add some effects and try to blend images together. and make it look spiffy.

I know in Photoshop to shrink an image you just select the whole thing and then hold the shift key and resize it with your mouse.

I know this probably shouldnt be here, but I know most of you use PSD Dreams for your renders, I was wonder if there is a way I could upload my renders there?

Another question, i forgot how to put in image in text. i use GIMP. like for example, on my sig. adding a picture in the linkin park text.

Can someone help me I want someone to make me a cusotm WWF legends Sig something like this
wwf-1.jpg

Ahh crap!

I didn't see this before I posted my thread. Could someone check it out and help me out with a cool looking design???

What website do you download your fonts from?

I generally use dafont.com but I have not found many fonts that attract me over the past few months. They haven't been bringing in many new looks.

Anyone suggest another website I should look into for my font necessities?

Im having trouble putting a link into my sig I did what it says to do in the help thread and it didnt work I double checked to make sure I had every letter,numer etc. in there correct and I did but again it doesnt work whats the problem?

I have recently discovered the "Digital arts and Graphics" forum and have read found the signature re-size thread.

All I have read on that thread is; posters requesting you (or whoever deals with the pictures) to make a picture smaller.

What I would like to ask you is that "is it possible that you guys could enlarge my signature picture?" It's just that I think my Sig is too small (the picture I am rambling on about is the PIPE BOMB picture in my signature)

(I would like my Pipe Bomb picture to be the size of Hollywood Nightmare's at least please)

I have recently discovered the "Digital arts and Graphics" forum and have read found the signature re-size thread.

All I have read on that thread is; posters requesting you (or whoever deals with the pictures) to make a picture smaller.

What I would like to ask you is that "is it possible that you guys could enlarge my signature picture?" It's just that I think my Sig is too small (the picture I am rambling on about is the PIPE BOMB picture in my signature)

(I would like my Pipe Bomb picture to be the size of Hollywood Nightmare's at least please)

I know this happened a long while ago but if ever in the future you have this problem you can always go to where the image is stored (if it's a sig it's almost always stored) and most storage sites now have an option to resize your image. If it's a generic image however save the picture as a JPEG. Go onto a website like pixlr.com. And hit the "use previous image button" click image and it should come down with a drop down that includes "image size" then change dimensions as you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back