Digital Arts and Graphics Ask a Question Thread

For the first one, Dave has written a nice tutorial on gettimg the tear effect using layer masks. I also wrote one, but mine is more a general description of layer masks and Dave's talks about the tear effect specifically. Check them both out.

As for the second, It lookslike you might want to try out the Levels command. Turn the layer you want to get that effect with to grayscale (Shift+Ctrl+U) and then press Ctrl+L to open the Levels dialogue box. Mess with the arrows until you get the effect you want.

Hope this helps! :)

Hey, i've used GIMP for about three days and I was just wondering how do I download and use a font? It may sound simple but I have no idea. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, i've used GIMP for about three days and I was just wondering how do I download and use a font? It may sound simple but I have no idea. Help would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I go about it, after I download it I extract the files and then you move the font into the font folder and it should work.

Hi all,

Really new to this whole thing.

I was wondering if I could ask someone to create a graphic for me to place on the end of my signature.

Firstly, who can I ask to produce a graphic for me?

And finally, how do I attach it to the end of my signature?

Thanks in advance guys!

I'm having some trouble getting my images onto GIMP. I downloaded the one I wanted, but it's not letting me copy and paste it. Please help. What do I do???? I am doing fine with my backround. Also, I downloaded my image from the site you recommended. I'm getting pretty frustrated with this so reply ASAP.

Ok man when you save your signature on Gimp click save as and instead of xcf, you put the jpg after what ever name you put on your sig, for example Litasig.jpg instaed of litasig.xcf. And than save it.

Hi I wasn't sure where else to put this/ask, but I need help with avatars... I don't know how do put up a custom one. If you could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Oh btw I'm not spamming so please don't report me.

At WrestleZone forums, no one has the power to upload custom avatars. It would cause too much trouble to implement them and it would slow down the forum overall as the server would need to hold all of the pictures that people uploaded. We have quite a vast and varied collection of avatars in the User CP to choose from and that is that, I am afraid.

At WrestleZone forums, no one has the power to upload custom avatars. It would cause too much trouble to implement them and it would slow down the forum overall as the server would need to hold all of the pictures that people uploaded. We have quite a vast and varied collection of avatars in the User CP to choose from and that is that, I am afraid.

well thank you for helping me out.

Hey TPP, I have recently downloaded GIMP on Windows. Do you know anything about GIMP on windows, is it just the same? or is there a difference?

Hey TPP, I have recently downloaded GIMP on Windows. Do you know anything about GIMP on windows, is it just the same? or is there a difference?

To my recollection, what we need to understand and use about GIMP it's virtually the same. You can follow all of the steps in this thread and you'll be able to create the same images. Simple sig-making is about the same... including all links for texts, brushes and such. Unless you're referring to what the programs are comprised of then I have absolutely no clue.

To summarise, GIMP windows is the same as GIMP mac. You'll achieve the same results.

I'm trying to put a sig on my signature, but it's not working. Under my signature rules, it says "Can Upload Images for Signature: No". So, does that mean I can't put a sig up?

I'm curious. How do I make my sig a link to a thread? I want to link my sig to my Photography thread to promote it's awesomeness, yet I lack the knowledge to do so.

[url=http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=100639][img]http://i56.tinypic.com/2po1jsk.jpg[/img][/url]

Instead of putting text into the URL code, you put the image link wrapped around tags. The above will give you this:

Im having problems getting the fonts off DaFont for my own sigs. I can get to the control panel part, but when I click on, for example the visitor font to install, it says windows is busy using the font and it cant be uploaded yet. Any Ideas Doc?

Hmm, not sure. I usually install fonts by downloading the DaFont ZIP file and extracting the files into a folder on the desktop. Then I navigate to the C:/Windows/Fonts folder and drag the contents of the folder where you extracted the fonts into the FONTS folder. Do you have the font files open when you try to move them?

Hmm, not sure. I usually install fonts by downloading the DaFont ZIP file and extracting the files into a folder on the desktop. Then I navigate to the C:/Windows/Fonts folder and drag the contents of the folder where you extracted the fonts into the FONTS folder. Do you have the font files open when you try to move them?

Yes there open, it said that the line "ttf..." is damaged , then when I tried to drag it from a folder, it said windows is busy using it or something and cant be installed.

It could be that you have it open in another program... Well, that is what the issue is. This could be due to the fact that it may be listed as an active download. If you are using Firefox, press Control+J and make sure that your list is clear. After that, if it still not working, I would have to ask you if you have WinZip downloaded?

Give me the answers to these questions and we can move on from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back