Did no one watch the Triple H interview on Smackdown???

What do u think about Hunter's announcing his relationship with Steph on national TV?

• ABOUT DAM TIME! Its not like the fans haven't always known!

• Shocking! I never thought they would reveal it.

• I saw it coming after he came out on Raw Monday nite.

• No big deal. Just another wrestling interview for me.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rebel2K8

RaTeD R
I have been looking all through Wrestlezone and I can't find any evidence that anyone has put up something similar to this so I decided I would get the ball rolling lol. If someone did, then feel free to delete mine or move it. I just wanted to get fans' reaction to Triple H's recent interview on Smackdown this past Friday with Jim Ross where he pretty much let the " cat out of the bag" so to speak about his real life relationship with Stephanie Mcmahon on national television.

Of course, it came as no surprise to anyone watching in terms of knowing that Trips and Steph have been married for years and only "divorced" onscreen in 2002 I believe it was. Anyway, I personally freaked when Triple H stated point blank..."He put his hands on the mother of my children!...He put his hands on my wife..." I said out loud, "Well, they finally did it."

I wanted to kno what u guys thought about this new development, why u thing they waited until now to do it, and what storylines will come out of it going into Wrestlemania and beyond.

This interview he did was way better then most interviews he dose because mostly every time he dose them he trys to sell merchindise for dx or himself but this one was different it was emotional it sorta made you feel bad for triple h and you can feel his emotions wanting to kill randy orton if the promos are that intense at that interview then this storyline might be fued of the year

HHH did one hell of a job on this promo. He looked like he hadnt slept at all and that he may have been crying. The intensity he showed really sold this promo as a man who looks like he is going to explode and demolish Randy Orton. I think after his reaction on monday and this promo, it just made this feud get to a whole nother level. We know they are going to go at it at Mania now and with six weeks to build it and add to the emotion, this one could end up a feud of the year.

They've hinted at it several times. There was a show not too long ago where he mentioned seeing her at home. But the announcement is a good thing.

First of all, it does give credibility to the HHH/Orton feud. HHH wants to get his hands on Orton, so Orton says the only way that happens is if the WWE Championship is on the line. So, in this instance it serves story purposes.

I also like that they made this angle available for the future. If Stephanie is bound and determined to spend time on TV, then it should be in conjunction with HHH. This opens up an Edge/Vickie angle in the future.

i personally think this is how this feud needed to go. it's not just a joke. Orton's out there punting people in the heads. This makes it really emotional. It had to be this way. And as a result, we're not gonna see Triple "DX" H out there wrestling and having fun. We're gonna see the Cerebral Assassin.

The promo was great and the intensity added to the feud is awesome...

But seriously, where is the freaking logical consistency to the WWE?!?! Okay, great, you revealed the relationship, that's fine... But why on Earth would Triple H condemn Orton for "putting his hands on a 63 year old man," Vince McMahon, when only 2 years ago, he broke a sledgehammer on Vince's spine?

WTF WWE?!

That was a pretty big deal, except for the fact that HHH's relationship with Steph was pretty much already announced I believe sometime last year (maybe longer) when Steph was in the ring with Vince, and they were having an argument, and she ended up leaving with HHH (I think they kissed as well) so it really wasn't a big deal in this interview. However HHH did have a good interview, and I think it was because he said very little. It did not sound too fake, which was good. This is just a man who is pissed his wife got attacked, and he wants revenge.

Actually, if I recall wasn't there an episode of RAW quite a while back where Todd Grishim (I think) came out and said that Triple H and Stephanie were expecting either their first or second child (can't remember which it was then)? Thing is I can't remember when that was but I know it was after the on screen divorce.

Didnt Shane O'Mac have a crack at Steph for marrying a superstar or some shit when they were arguing who was going to run Raw?

Anyways the interview was pretty good for Trips. I didnt think it would be anything special but he really got into it and did a believable job. The fued is really starting to pick up steam on the way to WM. Can't wait to see them go at it, should be pretty sweet.

As soon as I saw Randy RKO Steph, I knew he was in deep shit. There are a lot of things in life that you can do to a man, but you never EVER touch a man's wife. The realism of this angle makes it easier for fans to relate to and it also makes the emotions in this feud much easier to play out as well. The promo was very realistic and genuine, and I can tell that this is going to be one for the ages. Randy's done for! Lol I'm just saying.

First off, the whole "continuation" thing, we should all really realize by now that the WWE doesn't know what that means. I mean, seriously, have they ever really kept things realistic as far as past angles go and how those superstars interact with one another? No. So getting on their case about the fact that HHH was bashing Vince's brains out two years ago, but now is defending him as a fragile old man, shouldn't be a surprise.

The only issue I have, is they usually find a way around the lack of continuation and explain it away as best they can. So far, they have yet to do that with HHH, granted there has only been one show since HHH came back to RAW and revealed that Steph was his wife and all that.

What they need to do is have this explained on RAW, which i'm sure they will take care of somewhat.

As far as the actual promo goes, I thought it was alright. He didn't say much, just showed emotion, which was decent but not anything spectacular. I'm looking forward to what he has to say on RAW, i'm sure it will be more explanatory and more emotional then either his interview on Smackdown! or his "Hulk" imitation during RAW when he was kneeling over Steph.

HHH has always been good on the mic, I always looked forward to seeing him cut a promo, but this face thing he's got going is really killing that for me. I don't want to see this guy crack jokes that are pre-school at best, I don't want him looking for cheap laughs and/or cheers. I want to see the bad ass who only gives a crap about himself, the guy that eminates rage and psychoticness, thats the guy I want to see.

But seriously, where is the freaking logical consistency to the WWE?!?! Okay, great, you revealed the relationship, that's fine... But why on Earth would Triple H condemn Orton for "putting his hands on a 63 year old man," Vince McMahon, when only 2 years ago, he broke a sledgehammer on Vince's spine?

WTF WWE?!

Why indeed, then again, you're talking about the same man that had a feud with Flair, practically killed him and months latter, came to Flair's defense against Orton and Edge's rated RKO team as a member of DX, claiming he loved
and respected Flair. another WTF WWE ?! moment.

"Did you see how leathery he is ? He's like a saddlebag with eyes !" --BC

WWE must now be very careful where they go. The SD Interview may have seen The End of The Mr. McMahon Character. With HHH out, The McMahon Storylines will get harder to do.

WWE must now be very careful where they go. The SD Interview may have seen The End of The Mr. McMahon Character.

And this is a bad thing? Sure we won't have any more "Who killed Vince?" moments, and I get as excited as anyone else when he's been off TV for 6 months and walks down the ramp. However, It has reached a point that while the return of the Mr. McMahon character does spike ratings for a week or two, it is bad for business in the long run, because it/he is redundant. At least in his current incarnation. I for one would love to hear Vince back in the box to call a match. Just the thought gives me goosebumps.

With HHH out, The McMahon Storylines will get harder to do.

Not harder; easier. With the reveal, there is so much fresh material for all of the parties involved. What has been a stale rehash of Austin vs. Vince for the last 10 years in the form of Vince vs. Rock, Shawn, Ric Flair, HHH, DX, John Cena, etc..., and Steph and or Shane vs. whoever in the same fashion, is now a whole new ball game and creative's job just got a whole lot easier.

This whole feud, Orton Vs. The Mcmahon's, really just shows me that Vince thinks that Orton will be the bread winner and this era's Austin. If he's willing to put himself in a feud with someone he's not gonna do it with a midcarder, he's gonna do it with the top dog. I think Vince has crowned Randy with that title and is gonna put Randy in a position to be the main guy in the company. This also shows me that WWE is sure that Randy won't screw up again and has faith in him to make good decisions and represent the company as a whole in a positive light.

WWE must now be very careful where they go. The SD Interview may have seen The End of The Mr. McMahon Character. With HHH out, The McMahon Storylines will get harder to do.

Not really. Let's face it, they're getting on in years. All of them. Triple H will probably be retiring soon (unfortunately - yes, that was genuine), and McMahon is getting a bit old for match spots. Shane and Steph will probably still be able to make appearances though.

With Triple H and Vince going out of the picture soon enough, you may as well milk the rest of the milk in the cow (Ok, bad analogy). Use up all storylines that can come out of Triple H being related to the McMahons. Should be a good change.

My only issue with the interview, was that with the way he said it, to me, it sounded like "everyone knew already". As if, he wasn't revealing it. But, maybe that's just me.

So what about it was that great?

That he did it showing some emotions... well, that should be the basics to every single promo. Its not a big of a deal anyway.

Triple H's good promos are well, I haven't seen any since he turned face three years ago, so that tells everything about it. I enjoy his promos but they aren't anything special in my book, DX's promos were absolutelly an insult to fans by letting them know that to be a top wrestler in WWE all you have to do is to repeat your old and cliché catchphrase a time a week and you will be on top... it almost worked for Mr. Kennedy...

It was realistic? lol? If it was realistic, Orton would be arrested by now, OH WAIT! He is heel! Only Stone Cold or Undertaker can be arrested in WWE by doing nothing... so, tell me... what about this promo that was that great? Because I haven't seen anything in it that interesting...

HHH has had some bad injuries that put him out for quite a while.. He is also getting up there career wise... HBK, and Taker are both working modified timetables now so why would it come as a shock for HHH to do that as well... He can be the new "Vince" and sell it. He can still be on the show.. Heck he can do ALL the Brands.. Build heat? Build stories? anything and still save up the body for the big dances like the other guys. I'm betting that this has been building for a while.. Sort of grooming HHH to run the show while Papa McMahon is able to focus on other projects like the movies etc. It's a smart move actually because HHH still has big draw power, still has main event staying power, still is able to work both sides of the fence as heel or face. Vince is pretty much stuck as heel no matter what he does now.. Oh sure he will get the sympathy every now and again but heel he will stay. HHH can work both sides and make it believable.

Why indeed, then again, you're talking about the same man that had a feud with Flair, practically killed him and months latter, came to Flair's defense against Orton and Edge's rated RKO team as a member of DX, claiming he loved
and respected Flair. another WTF WWE ?! moment.

"Did you see how leathery he is ? He's like a saddlebag with eyes !" --BC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, he jokes around with Shawn Michaels when they are doing DX stuff but they have violently feuded, which involved Triple H smashing HBK through a car window and smashing his spine with a sledgehammer.

Also, if Triple H stays on Raw, I'm interested to see his interactions with Batista, considering they fell out and feuded at Wrestlemania 21.

The fact is, most of the superstars have teamed and fought on the same side as people they have previously feuded with. It happens over the course of time to everyone. How many times have the Undertaker and Kane feuded, teamed, feuded, teamed etc?

My problem with this is that I was hoping for Orton to win gold at Wrestlemania. Initially, we al thought it would be Orton vs Cena....so for Orton to leave with the championship was already iffy at best given Cena's wrestlemania history and we all know he's Vince's golden boy. Now that its looking like Triple H, I have no hope of Randy even looking good at mania, furthermore winning. Lest we forget in all his career and 3 World Titles, only one man has ever dfeated Orton for a world title...Triple H. it seems everytime Orton's career begins to rise, there's Hunter to kill all his momentum. I expect nothing different this time around, even after orton's super push as of late. There is no way I can see selfish Triple H letting Orton go over at the grandest stage of them all when he will basically defending his family's honour now with the "revelation" of his relationship with Steph.

I just think that bottom line everyone was just happy that finally they're just coming out and saying it again instead of referring to Stephanie as what's her name or something like that. I think that this is going to be one of the best storylines that WWE's had in a long time.

They have wanted to play it off on tv for a wile now but it never went through. WWE knew all the fans knew but it didn't match the story line at the time so they waited till they could get a big revile. They first went to revile it when they got DX back together taking the feud between Vince and HHH a step further but that idea got scraped. Than they were gonna have it reveled in the "illegitimate son" story line but than that didn't go as planed either due to injury's and bad writing. So now they decided to do it, I don't think its "ABOUT DAMN TIME" as the tv product hasn't been worse off because they didn't revel it, its been fine, but I really like the direction this story line is taking and can't wait for ortan vs HHH at mania.

It's good that Triple H announced that Steph is his wife. By doing so this adds a more realistic feel to the feud. You can imagine Triple H's character being extremely motivated to get back at Randy over that RKO. It will give Triple H something to fight for at Wrestlemania (if Orton and Triple H do actually wrestle) and it will feel like an actual fight come Wrestlemania.

I'm fine with it. With all the hints that have been dropped over the years, what difference does it really make? We got a preview for it 9 years ago so this is hardly something brand new. The people around here all knew this was the case and now the rest of the fans know it too. What's the big deal really? It adds to the storyline and now HHH can be the McMahon muscles instead of dragging out Shane or Vince for a match.

They revealed it a long fucking time ago, when they released the McMahon DVD there's a whole chapter of the fucking thing dedicated to the Trips/Steph relationship, and it's not like just us IWC/Smarks buy those DVDs, so yeah this was no secret, and it's not like they were telling us shit the fans didn't already know about

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back