Descension of the Ascension?

The segment gave me a reason to care about them. They were shown as dominant by beating jobbers but now they have a bit more character. They'll beat the NAO at Rumble and the crowd would be invested in them a lot more.

I think it was a good thing.

I think it's all building towards some sort of pay-off. There's no real downfall to them getting beat down by the legends on RAW. If they were to have gotten the same treatment by let's say... the New Day, or Goldust/Stardust, then yeah.. that'd be dumb. They got dropped by a legendary tag team, or teams, shall I say. They're losing momentum, and quick. Maybe the writers don't necessarily know what to do with them? Call in the NAO. Last year, the SHIELD was losing traction, the Usos were losing traction, so the NAO came in and put them over. Did a damn good job at it too. Like for Christ's sake... the SHIELD squashed the NAO at Wrestlemania of all things. Made them look like an unstoppable force of nature. A program with the NAO could be exactly what these guys need to get the ball rolling and to gain some power as far as being a team.

wwe pretty much dropped the ball on the push from NXT, they had every chance to have them interrupt the tag titles match or at least the end of it on raw.

but on the other hand giving them a run with a legends team could prepare them for the titles/chase if this "we are better then all legends" thing is dropped before WM

the shorter they actually feud with a team the better in this case, no promos, no vintages, just let them talk in the ring and it'll pay off.

I have a real problem with JBL's role in this.

JBL is supposed to play a heel commentator. He defends everything the Authority do, and supports other heels as well. Yet, he verbally abuses a heel tag-team.

There is only one reason for this I would accept- The Ascension v The Acolytes. They did that on Raw, but it should be the Acolytes, not the NAO, at the Rumble that the Ascension are fighting, and shut JBL's mouth once and for all.

Maybe the Ascension should join the Authority, as it would be interesting to see what JBL says about them then.

The Ascension need to go over strong at the Rumble, its that simple. Squashing the NAO will give them some credibility to take forward onto the tag title scene.

The Ascension need to go over strong at the Rumble, its that simple. Squashing the NAO will give them some credibility to take forward onto the tag title scene.

And make Monday's brilliantly-written segment worth NOTHING in the process? No. Skyrocketing guys to the top NEVER works. The Ascension putting up a good fight but losing will help them MUCH more in the long run.

Hopefully this is a feud for the Ascension to get some 'respect' and lose the LOD style crap.

Their booking has been as illogical as Brie Bella going heel and siding with Nikki with no explanation in the storyline.

LOL You just made me realize how much I don't care about most of the storylines, I didn't even noticed that transition and how badly it was done.

Anyways, The Ascension's booking so far has been absolute crap. When Ryback was facing no names a few years ago and crushing them I would fast forward that shit faster than a Paige babyface turn.

Them facing no names creates a doubt as too where WWE sees them in the roster, having no definite spot, this massacre last week makes me wonder if they are actually going to beat the NOA tomorrow (I know, it's almost impossible that they lose but still!) We don't know where WWE sees them on the Raw roster.

You want to make them look strong ?

Have them beat the NOA in less then 5 minutes at the Rumble
Have them beat up Faarooq backstage and drag him to the ring on RAW and ask JBL to come save his friend and whip his ass.
Finally have them interrupt a DDP Yoga session where they whip Hall and Nash in a vignette lol

LOL You just made me realize how much I don't care about most of the storylines, I didn't even noticed that transition and how badly it was done.

Anyways, The Ascension's booking so far has been absolute crap. When Ryback was facing no names a few years ago and crushing them I would fast forward that shit faster than a Paige babyface turn.

Them facing no names creates a doubt as too where WWE sees them in the roster, having no definite spot, this massacre last week makes me wonder if they are actually going to beat the NOA tomorrow (I know, it's almost impossible that they lose but still!) We don't know where WWE sees them on the Raw roster.

You want to make them look strong ?

Have them beat the NOA in less then 5 minutes at the Rumble
Have them beat up Faarooq backstage and drag him to the ring on RAW and ask JBL to come save his friend and whip his ass.
Finally have them interrupt a DDP Yoga session where they whip Hall and Nash in a vignette lol

Yet another guy who thinks the right way to book this storyline is to have rookie nobodies demolishing veteran talent left and right. You don't even know if they're anything worth pushing, and you want SIX veterans to be made to look like fools in an attempt to get The Ascension over? What the hell...

Yet another guy who thinks the right way to book this storyline is to have rookie nobodies demolishing veteran talent left and right. You don't even know if they're anything worth pushing, and you want SIX veterans to be made to look like fools in an attempt to get The Ascension over? What the hell...

You're right, I wasn't sarcastic, I didn't suggest to :"Interrupt a DDP Yoga session" and thinking it was brilliant...

What I'm saying is : Why in the blue hell do you take a team that had a HUGE momentum in NXT and bring them, squash guys to make them look strong, only to be ridiculed and demolished if there's no immediate plan to make them look stronger in the short term.

I don't agree with your comment, being on Raw is being pushed, being on Raw after a year long of success in history shows that hey know what the Ascension is worth OR at least they have an idea of what they're worth

Oh and btw, if you really involve them in that segment, make sure they get beat by all of them at the same time, because, watch the replay, only the outlaws knocked them out, Bradshaw hit a clothesline after but only the Outlaws were enough to beat them up.

Now the look very weak, lost steam, they need a major push at the rumble,

You're right, I wasn't sarcastic, I didn't suggest to :"Interrupt a DDP Yoga session" and thinking it was brilliant...

What I'm saying is : Why in the blue hell do you take a team that had a HUGE momentum in NXT and bring them, squash guys to make them look strong, only to be ridiculed and demolished if there's no immediate plan to make them look stronger in the short term.

I don't agree with your comment, being on Raw is being pushed, being on Raw after a year long of success in history shows that hey know what the Ascension is worth OR at least they have an idea of what they're worth

Oh and btw, if you really involve them in that segment, make sure they get beat by all of them at the same time, because, watch the replay, only the outlaws knocked them out, Bradshaw hit a clothesline after but only the Outlaws were enough to beat them up.

Now the look very weak, lost steam, they need a major push at the rumble,

What they did in NXT is irrelevant. They get no reaction on RAW because the VAST majority of the WWE audience doesn't watch NXT. On RAW they haven't done anything but insult legendary teams. Having the Ascension easily beat the NAO isn't going to do anything for them in the long run. Every singles star or team who debuts these days just demolishes every veteran talent put in front of them, and most of these young guys flop, because it's the same crap every time, and nobody cares. If you actually want The Ascension to get over, you should be hoping they lose to the Outlaws after putting up a good fight. That's the result that will get them much more over in the long run.

What they did in NXT is irrelevant. They get no reaction on RAW because the VAST majority of the WWE audience doesn't watch NXT. On RAW they haven't done anything but insult legendary teams. Having the Ascension easily beat the NAO isn't going to do anything for them in the long run. Every singles star or team who debuts these days just demolishes every veteran talent put in front of them, and most of these young guys flop, because it's the same crap every time, and nobody cares. If you actually want The Ascension to get over, you should be hoping they lose to the Outlaws after putting up a good fight. That's the result that will get them much more over in the long run.

Mmmmmm... I don't agree at all, NXT serves exactly this purpose : develop talent, develop character, prepare for Raw.

If you bump them to the main roster you HAVE to have a short term plan if not you're dumb as sh*t and you HAVE to believe in them.... if not just leave them in the minors...

Now people can have different roles, but the way they portray the Ascension since the start is kind of like they did with Ryback a few years ago. Now can you imagine if Ryback would've gotten his ass whooped by Billy Gunn or someone else like Christian (young retired guy) Now would you believe he's such a threat anymore.

What you say works for babyfaces, Like what they did with Cena vs Angle,.. but for heels... that are fkin destroying everybody... NOT the way to go.... you can have them have close fights with the Uso's or Goldust Stardust.... NEVER against NAO.

Hope it's clearer

I don't mind what they are doing. I presume the end goal is them winning the tag-titles, perhaps with Mania being the target. They have to kill time in the process and this is a potentially great way of doing it.

The alternative, seems boring. Squash matches against locals. Squash matches against Los Matedores. Maybe a couple of competitive matches with Los Matedores. Defeating the three combinations of New Day. That build-up could be executed brilliantly but it does seem rather dull. Instead they have gone for something different.

The New Age Outlaws might be old but they are more over than the other face tag-teams. Therefore, they can help The Ascension get over as heels. Maybe The Dudleys are next before The Uso's. That could be a really interesting few months for them rather than the traditional methods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back