Dean's Ultimate Design?

The Man Of 1004 Holds

Occasional Pre-Show
When the Shield arrived Dean Ambrose was considered by many to be the leader, many people speculated he would be the one to turn on Reigns and Rollins, as he seemed suited to the heel role and go on to be a major player.
However that role has since gone to Seth Rollins, with Dean the betrayed unhinged lunatic FACE, somewhat stuck in the upper mid-card. But what if we were right and the WWE are playing the long game in making Dean Heel?

Since the Shield have split Rollins has been champion, so has Reigns. While Dean has come up short, just short, on MULTIPLE occasions.
Think about it, at Elimination chamber last year Dean pinned Rollins 1-2-3 only for the original referee to award him the match....by DQ
The next month at money in the bank Dean lost a ladder match to Rollins as the WWE championship literally and figuratively slipped from his fingers as the two fell from the ladder.
Onto Survivor Series and the title tournament Dean again comes a close second losing to his friend Roman Reigns in the final
Fast Forward to Sunday and the Royal Rumble, The title is on the line and Dean finishes 2nd. Even after outlasting Roman he's the Runner-up. So close once again.

For a man who is constantly described as crazy, unhinged and a lunatic how long is he going to constantly be so close but ultimately defeated before he snaps?
Maybe losing at fastlane? maybe seeing Roman back on top after mania? Or maybe an even longer burn to Summerslam, where Reigns can defend against the Psychotic heel Ambrose and the returning tweener Rollins?

What do you think?
Are the WWE setting us up for a major Dean Ambrose breakthrough heel turning moment,
Am i reading too much into it and things just happened by coincidence with no direction
or more worryingly,
Do they recognise Dean's popularity so have him in these big matches but ultimately don't want to pull the trigger on him which is why hasn't yet broken though that glass ceiling and claimed WWE championship gold.

Thoughts

I think they'll eventually turn Dean Ambrose heel. I believe right now they're doing everything in their power in focusing on Roman Reigns. I was anticipating a heel turn last night but it never happened. You have some valid points when emphasizing on Ambrose continuously coming up short. I think right now it's all about Reigns.

Dean will stay as face for the time being, going into Wrestlemania as the Intercontinental Champion. Both Dean and Reigns will walk out of Wrestlemania as champions.

Seth Rollins will return before Summerslam as a huge babyface, to set up a match with Reigns for the WWE Championship. That's when I believe that Dean Ambrose will make the turn. With Rollins, Cena, Lesnar and Reigns as the faces, WWE will need a heel to be added to the mix of Owens, Bray and HHH. The heel will be Dean Ambrose who will wither screw Roman from the title, or feud with Roman for the title.

Dean vs Roman will be the hottest feud of 2016, along with Rollins vs HHH.

Out of the three, Ambrose had the better Gimmick, mic skills and could tell you a story in the ring.
Rollins had a different style to his moveset but was a close second...but couldn't talk for shit. And had no gimmick, just a piss streak in his hair....
Reigns had the look WWE wanted and was a man of few words....he was always going to be the breakout star.

What transpired however was Rollins getting pushed to the moon at a time when there was no stars within the WWE....then Reigns was pushed...and Ambrose was left langushing in a very respectable position, but lower than his shield brothers. Why did this happen? It was just booked this way. That is all there is to it.

Unfortunately for Ambrose, I feel that because Rollins took the ball and ran with it, it also took away any imminent opportunity he will have to become a staple main eventer....he's going to be consistently in the mid card championship contention for a long time to come, which will help to legitimize the mid card again. Maybe another World title match here and there...but I doubt the mountain top is now attainable for a man who I still believe is the most talented of the bunch. Some things are just not meant to be.

I just don't think they see Dean being on the level of Reigns and Rollins. He has a character that you can't really market as the top face. He sells good amount of merchandise and gets some of the best pops on the roster and due to that he's held the US and IC titles both and had several WWE title matches.

As far as him turning heel, it's coming. I fully expect Roman Reigns to win the championship at Wrestlemania and then for Dean Ambrose to turn heel on the Raw after the biggest night in the wrestling industry.

I don't see him winning the strap anytime soon especially with several top stars returning shortly after WM. I think he will connect even more with the people when he finally turns heel and steps out of Romans shadow.

I can see him winning the MITB match this year and cashing in sometime in 2017.

Oh and on a side the, he needs to stop doing the "lunatic" clothesline from the ropes so much. Its fine as a signature once a match but using it three to four times is way too much.

Ambrose if turned loose would surpass both his Shield counterparts, and I think the WWE knows that. That's why he has for want of a better expression a leash on him.

He has the best mic skills of the three, and found a way to get himself over without any help from management. They need Ambrose the way he is right now in order to help Reigns. I don't care what anyone says, but the biggest pops Reigns gets are when Ambrose is with him, and they are popping for Ambrose. Reigns on his own can't beat Ambrose in popularity.

If they turn him heel he'll be a bigger heel than Rollins or Owens, and that's another reason they are reluctant to turn him. He would out heel anyone. I can see it coming down the line, just not now especially with all the injuries to some of their top faces. When Cena, Orton and Cesaro come back, maybe then it will be a possibility. Unfortunately he will still get cheered, fans just love Dean Ambrose, and the more times he loses, they more they get behind him.

What I think is WWE doesnot consider Dean Ambrose a top babyface or a top heel in the future. Thats why he has been just booked as sidekick of Roman Reigns to help his so-called brother to get over with the crowd. No matter how much he loses, Crowd especially people like me are going to cheer him anytime. Interestingly He is the only one in The Shield to possess every mid-card singles title but has always been "Too close, yet Too far" from the WWE World Heavyweight Title while his stablemates have already possessed the top prize.
I hope WWE acknowledges the talent in him & the crowd support for him and therefore do give him a main event push.
By the way, I remember when John Cena was on a hiatus, there were reports suggesting WWE is going to push him as a top babyface. I hope thats true considering the injured stars WWE has at this instant. Ambrose's Heel turn isnot affordable to WWE because of lack of babyfaces. I am hoping Ambrose & Reigns to leave Wrestlemania 32 as face Champions and am expecting the following match for this year's Summerslam

Dean Ambrose(Heel) VS Seth Rollins(Face) VS Roman Reigns(Heel) for the WWE World Heavyweight Title

:devil:

What I think is WWE doesnot consider Dean Ambrose a top babyface or a top heel in the future.

Agreed. To me, he simply doesn't feature as a main event player, largely because 'crazy' gimmicks usually have a limited shelf life, particularly crazy gimmicks as a face.

Ironically, the programs of his two Shield buddies have caused Dean to take a supporting role.....even as Rollins' and Reigns' career paths have kept Dean on our TV screens longer than might have been without them.

Consider: Dean hasn't been world champion largely because Seth and Roman have been......meaning simply that their time occupying the top spot has kept Dean from it. At the same time, Dean's battles against Rollins and crusades for Roman have kept Ambrose in our constant view. His fortunes have been tied up with theirs to the extent that it's anyone's guess whether he'll get to carve a path of his own before his gimmick peters out.

I believe Dean Ambrose's ultimate design is to be a midcard heel. Before that happens, though, he might see Roman go heel and turn against him, keeping Dean a good guy for longer than many folks might prefer.

I always thought Dean Ambrose was coming out of The Shield as the next Rowdy Roddy Piper. He was going to be this great, crazy heel character and raise hell left and right. I thought Seth Rollins was coming out as a high flying HBK-type face. Roman as a silent, head cracking heel who don't take crap from no-one. Kind of how they acted coming on the end....

Ambrose got a slight adjustment with a costume change and FACE change. Seth Rollins got a costume change and emerged as the company's top heel. Roman came out.....exactly the same except as a face and not well accepted by the fans as much as Ambrose despite winning the title twice.

Out of the three, Dean Ambrose seemed to have all the tools to be champion...mic skills, character, look (although crazy). But has been shafted by the vastly improved (continued improving) Seth Rollins to the point where Rollins easily cruised on past Ambrose and had a decent title run right up until his injury.

Myself, I feel Ambrose to be overrated. His crowd reactions aren't that good (not as good as crowed by WZ fans anyway) and his matches outside Last Man Standing or any type of gimmick match are average at best. His facial expressions have become annoying and overused, his rebound clothesline should only be saved for PPVs.

The only direction I'd like Ambrose to head is HEEL just like most people would. His act is old, he needs a fresh change (Like Roman, good god he hasn't changed entrance music or gear since The Shield).

A heel would do that for him. Attack people, be a real scumbag heel who doesn't rely on stupid facial expressions, maybe even team up with Kevin Owens out of the blue and be his pal and scum it up.

Agreed. To me, he simply doesn't feature as a main event player, largely because 'crazy' gimmicks usually have a limited shelf life, particularly crazy gimmicks as a face.

Ironically, the programs of his two Shield buddies have caused Dean to take a supporting role.....even as Rollins' and Reigns' career paths have kept Dean on our TV screens longer than might have been without them.

Consider: Dean hasn't been world champion largely because Seth and Roman have been......meaning simply that their time occupying the top spot has kept Dean from it. At the same time, Dean's battles against Rollins and crusades for Roman have kept Ambrose in our constant view. His fortunes have been tied up with theirs to the extent that it's anyone's guess whether he'll get to carve a path of his own before his gimmick peters out.

I believe Dean Ambrose's ultimate design is to be a midcard heel. Before that happens, though, he might see Roman go heel and turn against him, keeping Dean a good guy for longer than many folks might prefer.

This here is how I see Dean, and going by rumours about him since the SHIELD split, I do feel that the WWE also view Dean Ambrose as, ultimately an Upper Midcard act at best, whilst they view Reigns and Rollins as the next Top 2 going forward.

Indeed, things could all change and Dean could well 'show' the 'huge potential' many smark fans see in him. However, going by what I have seen so far, Dean has certain limitations that get glossed over due to him not being pushed all out thus far by the WWE.

What Sally said above with regards to Dean's continued presence with Reigns and against Rollins allowing him to stay relevant and protected is something many avoid. However, it has been a huge silver lining for him which has, lMO, allowed him to stay so near to a Main Event spot till now where some are even touting him as a possible Mania Main Event headliner in a couple months.

As many have pointed out, Dean's best is probably to be a heel at some point. However, given his overness as a face at this time, I, like Sally above, can also see Roman turning heel on him soon. Thus, his over babyface run could well be going on for a while longer while it is of use to the Top Brass.

So i had to go and find this old thread again,

Once again last night at Roadblock, Dean has "won" the wwe title only to lose it in a technicality.
It seems more and more obvious to me that Dean is going to snap at Roman, the question now is - does he do it the night after Wrestlemania or do they continue to build it to Summerslam?

So i had to go and find this old thread again,

Once again last night at Roadblock, Dean has "won" the wwe title only to lose it in a technicality.
It seems more and more obvious to me that Dean is going to snap at Roman, the question now is - does he do it the night after Wrestlemania or do they continue to build it to Summerslam?

So, As I said in my previous post here, Dean Ambrose proves the saying "Too Close, Yet Too Far!"

But still I don't think that WWE will risk want more boos for Reigns when Ambrose turns heel on him. Ambrose will still be cheered, no matter how much heel he goes.

Vice-Versa could be better though. Reigns can get alot of heel heat by turning heel and beating the hell out of Ambrose. Thats why I believe that Reigns as badass heel would be just awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back