David Hart Smith or Tyson Kidd?

buddyriffic

Occasional Pre-Show
Now, I'm not looking forward to a potential break-up of the Hart Dynasty, hopefully it doesn't happen for a long time.....if ever? (is that even possible?) but anyway which one of the two would be your pick to be the bigger star as a whole? I used to watch Tyson Kid wrestle as TJ Wilson on my local station out of Abbotsford BC on the TRW shows. He was fantastic then and he is fantastic now. I never really saw much of DH Smith before his debut with WWE though, outside of maybe a dark match or 2. It seems like it's taking him longer to develop than Tyson Kidd though in my opinion, but I guess he has bigger potential to get further in the long run? Or no? And how long do you see them being a team?

Smith will probably go on to become the bigger star, he's got the lineage. But Kidd is by far the better of the two. He's nothing spectacular, but in comparison to Smith he's very good. Both are boring as hell though, hopefully neither goes far.

People seem to think that both of them are rookies, but those two have been wrestling for years and neither has developed a personaity yet.

The obvious choice is Smith because he's bigger, he's an actual Hart relative and he has the look. Kidd is going to be a good mid-carder if they split. As for a mention of personality that was mentioned before, they've never gotten a chance to show it. I'm sorry but being jobbed to Cryme Tyme doesn't let you show your best stuff. Wilson can work great as a heal, as he did in ECW to start. He looks cocky, he can have little man syndrome and he's a hell of a wrestler who kind of has a nasily voice. Better than most gimmicks out there today. As for Smith, he just doesn't have a heel look. They need to let him expand his manuever set as he has been all over the world. I'll give that his finisher sucks but he's a traditionalist. If someone could convince him and treach him a sweet ass power finisher and get him a manager who can talk, you have gold. Remember Davey Boy wasn't much of an interviewer but he was a great peformer and that is the same as Harry.....I mean DH.......I mean David Hart Smith. Either way, both are good and are going to get better. TJ.....Tyson is 30 but Smith is still in his early 20's so just wait.

Now, I'm not looking forward to a potential break-up of the Hart Dynasty, hopefully it doesn't happen for a long time.....if ever? (is that even possible?) but anyway which one of the two would be your pick to be the bigger star as a whole? I used to watch Tyson Kid wrestle as TJ Wilson on my local station out of Abbotsford BC on the TRW shows. He was fantastic then and he is fantastic now. I never really saw much of DH Smith before his debut with WWE though, outside of maybe a dark match or 2. It seems like it's taking him longer to develop than Tyson Kidd though in my opinion, but I guess he has bigger potential to get further in the long run? Or no? And how long do you see them being a team?

Why does it have to be either/or? Miz and Morrison are both doing well. I think they can both do well for themselves if and when they break up.

I think they will stay together as a team for a while longer. It seems their finally getting pushed now with Bret sticking around to get them over. I hope their a successful team for a while WWE needs tag teams.

When they go solo Smith will probably go further because his size and look. Although Kidd is a far better wrestler. I followed them both in FCW and was always a bigger fan of Kidd/Wilson.

Hopefully they both become big single stars, but unfortunately Kidd will probably become the Jim Niedhart to Smith's Brett Hart.

I don't understand why the fact that David Smith has the lineage is seen as a clear path to glory. Sure, Davey Boy was one of the most loved guys to compete and, being from Manchester, England, I'd personally love to see his son succeed but it isn't guaranteed at all. For example, look at Sim Snuka, son of Superfly Jimmy Snuka. Did he succeed? No.

Yes, Smith shows a lot more promise than Snuka and it has to be said that Smith has much more charisma (not that that'd be hard) than Sim but he still may not take off.

Personally, I'd prefer to be in Tyson Kidd's shoes. I'd rather not have that weight of expectation. He isn't linked to the Hart family... he just has that Dungeon Training and a friendship with Smith and Natalie. A very fortunate man some might say.

I really dont want the Hart Dynasty to break up until at least 2012. Tag teams in WWE are non-existant and we need more tag teams. They have that tag team called The Dudebusters or whatever, but i am not a fan of the gimmick of video gaming, plus their heels and we already have heel tag team champion in ShoMiz. I think the SES should add one more member and they should be a tag team. I hope Teddy Hart comes back to WWE and joins the Hart Dynasty. I also want other groups. There's a rumor about a Brett Dibiase and Joe Henning and i hope they come in on RAW and maybe Cody Rhodes joins the group and they become the new Legacy or something like that and Ted Dibiase leads the group as the top heel and Cody becomes the mid carder of the group.

While I would honestly hope that Tyson becomes the star, because while he may be a little dry in the promo section (haven't seen much of him, but he seems dry) he makes up for it in being an amazing wrestler, reminding me a lot of Bret Hart to be honest.

But in the end, I really do think David Hart Smith will go on to become the bigger star, simply because, well certainly he's the bigger guy, he still has some good wrestling abilities, and as opposed to Tyson Kidd, his linage goes alongside the Hart Family, and I believe that's gonna be playing a huge role in what will most likely end up being the solo career of Smith.

I like both of these kids...in a tag team. They are perfect as a tag team. Neither one has much of a personality (so it seems), and they have contrasting styles. Smith is the power guy, and Tyson is the speed/technical guy.

Smith seems to fit the WWE superstar mold a little bit more. Much bigger, and has the father's name to get him places. I'm not sure I buy into him as a WHC, but he's only 23 years old. His physique is nowhere near the stature of his father, but I'm not sure that's going to hurt him. He just needs to tone up a bit, and he should do well. Whether he is destined for World Championships, or mid card status, I don't know. But he should be around for a long time.

I like everything about Tyson Kidd, minus that stupid little patch of hair he has on the front of his head. I have a hard time taking him seriously with that hair do going on. But as far as wrestling goes, he's very good. But he's already 29, going on 30. Is that old? Not by any means. But what it means is that he has a much shorter window of opportunity to break into singles stardom than Smith does. I used to think his size hurt him, but I'm not so sure anymore. He's a high-flyer, but he is also a very technically sound guy. Little guys can make it big if they have technical skills, and do not only rely upon big spots.

I hope this tag team stays together for a long, long time. But I'm not sure they will, seeing WWE doesn't seem to give a shit about building good, long-lasting tag teams. They will probably break up sooner than they should, and both will be lost in the mid card (at least for a while).

I think DH Smith is going to be the bigger star. He can be very good in the ring, he's young, and he's got size. Tyson Kidd is one of my favorite wrestlers in the company, I'd rate him just a notch below the best wrestlers in the company like Punk, Jericho and Danielson. But, size is an issue, any guy his size outside of Rey Misterio has quite an uphill climb and are usually stuck jobbing. I'm rooting for him though, I think he shows lots of charisma in the ring in the vein of Dolph Ziggler, but like Ziggler it seems like that charisma doesn't necessarily translate well on the microphone.

I am not sure if any of them would be a big start. DH Smith does have more potential. I would rather see a Hart Stable with them bringing in Teddy Hart. Have Chris Jericho as the leader, he was trained by the Harts.

at this point its too hard to tell...i am not sold on david whatsoever...he sounds extremely scripted and is soooo slow in the ring....he didnt deliver the goods against the miz? really....really?.....really? the miz who was a reality star looked better in the ring than a hart dungeon graduate...really? lol...tyson has better ring work....dont know about his mic work though...i like tysons look more though in that he could solidly be an upper card guy for years to come...dont know about david

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back