Daniel Bryan is World Heavyweight Champion

I'm curious on why this move was made. It seems fairly random, I don't watch Smackdown but I haven't really heard of any great Daniel Bryan push or drawing ability, and considering the reports the WWE seemed to think this would be the worst PPV buyrate of the year, why would they not advertise him cashing in the briefcase?

Odd move. I'm curious to see what the grand plan is.

I'm curious on why this move was made. It seems fairly random, I don't watch Smackdown but I haven't really heard of any great Daniel Bryan push or drawing ability, and considering the reports the WWE seemed to think this would be the worst PPV buyrate of the year, why would they not advertise him cashing in the briefcase?

Odd move. I'm curious to see what the grand plan is.

They had a rehersal-esq moment where Danielson won the WWE Championship a few weeks ago and the place went ape-shit(Teddy Long reversed the decision after like 5 minutes of celebrations), so I guess they must have decided now was the right time. Plus Bryan only had a World Heavyweight Championship match on the last live Smackdown and before that got a win on their new golden boy Cody Rhodes, they've been playing up injured ribs the last couple of weeks but I guess they just decided to deploy him now.

I'm almost certain that a Big Show heel turn is going to happen. A feud with D Bry as a heel with the Big Show chasing him just doesn't work for me. The only way to use Bryan as a heel against Show would be to use him a cowardly heel... and lets face it... Bryan does not seem like quality cowardly heel material.

Well, I'm pleased, and that's a massive understatement. The timing was odd and he got no real push at all (unless you count dozens of losses as a push), but in the end, he'll always be a world champion in the records of the WWE. Wow.

I thought if the champion is down and out you can't start the match. He should be on his feet first before the referee would ring the bell.

But anyway it was expected. Too bad for Daniel Bryan, it looks like he won't main event wrestlemania.

I'm almost certain that a Big Show heel turn is going to happen. A feud with D Bry as a heel with the Big Show chasing him just doesn't work for me. The only way to use Bryan as a heel against Show would be to use him a cowardly heel... and lets face it... Bryan does not seem like quality cowardly heel material.
So we already have dumb booking where Bryan cashes in like everybody else instead of getting the huge face underdog push and making Money in the Bank really mean something again, and we're making that even dumber by turning the guy who did nothing wrong, won the title fair and square, and then got screwed out of it heel?

I get that everyone is marking out but I hope that once that all dies down, people will realize how stupid this was.

This was really stupid. Bryan HAS to turn heel now because he just cashed in the cheapest way on a face who just won clean. I'm interested to hear how Mathews defends him and obviously how Bryan explains what he did.

So we already have dumb booking where Bryan cashes in like everybody else instead of getting the huge face underdog push and making Money in the Bank really mean something again, and we're making that even dumber by turning the guy who did nothing wrong, won the title fair and square, and then got screwed out of it heel?

I don't see how Bryan could be believable as a heel in a feud against the Big Show, unless he's a cowardly heel. And don't think Bryan has the right talents to be a convincing cowardly heel. I mean, has he ever been one? Even in the independants?

I don't know much about his independent history, but my point is that Big Show turning heel would make no sense in the context of the storyline. He's the one who got screwed, he has every right to seek revenge and would get cheered for doing so. It just wouldn't work.

I think turning Bryan heel is a copout anyway but they kind of have to now.

I don't know much about his independent history, but my point is that Big Show turning heel would make no sense in the context of the storyline. He's the one who got screwed, he has every right to seek revenge and would get cheered for doing so. It just wouldn't work.

I think turning Bryan heel is a copout anyway but they kind of have to now.

It's looking like a lose- lose situation, but I guess we will have to watch to find out. I never pictured Edge to be the cowardly heel type before he won the title, but I was pleasently proven wrong.

I'm fairly confident that Show and Bryan are going to be friends facing each other with Bryan getting more and more desperate to keep the belt before culminating in a fully fledged heel turn circa the Rumble.

Oh, and apparently Henry has a groin injury which is why he lost the belt.

I don't know how to feel about this, it isn't like I lust for gold on Bryan but all this made Henry's reign fall flat, felt sorry for Show after his 9 year wait and now we await a DBD heel turn...

Hey two indy boys are champs at the mo'! Mark out? anyone? anyone?

As happy as I am for Bryan to become champ, it's a shame for Mark Henry that he got injured while champion.

He was doing well and had impressed me for the 1st time in his career. He was playing the monster heel champion role perfectly.

In what way, shape or form?

Henry's whole schtick about the Hall Of Pain would've been beautiful if he did finally decimate Show at TLC. The credibility and ping it would've given Bryan if he defeated a monster after a gruelling a match with a submission would've made him look damn strong. Could've played out an injury but still shown Henry beat Cena and Zack fuckin' Ryder for christ's sake! He should've lost at Rumble to a proper cash in match after months of wear n' tear.

Henry's whole schtick about the Hall Of Pain would've been beautiful if he did finally decimate Show at TLC. The credibility and ping it would've given Bryan if he defeated a monster after a gruelling a match with a submission would've made him look damn strong. Could've played out an injury but still shown Henry beat Cena and Zack fuckin' Ryder for christ's sake! He should've lost at Rumble to a proper cash in match after months of wear n' tear.

A proper cash-in match? What we saw was a proper cash-in. That's how it's done, and how it's supposed to work. Henry looks like a freaking monster for tearing into Show post match anyway. He got punched in the skull with a chair, and still managed to destroy Show for Bryan to come in post match. Henry was protected here, and in no way was made to look any weaker than Show, Bryan or any other top wrestler on the SmackDown brand. Sure he lost, but to one of the best built finisher's in the modern era....with assistance from a foreign object.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is a LOT more to pro-wrestling than being a good wrestler. Just because DB puts on great matches doesn't make him WWE World Championship material.

While I really hope he gains the momentum we all wish for him, I don't think anything really significant is going to come of this. I really wish he saved that briefcase for Wrestlemania.

One thing I will say is that this is epic:

tumblr_lwfnqmTNOh1qbfal0o1_400.png

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is a LOT more to pro-wrestling than being a good wrestler. Just because DB puts on great matches doesn't make him WWE World Championship material.
Wow, I'm not the only person on the internet who realizes this. Cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back