Daniel Bryan's "YES" chant the new "WHAT?"?

CM Steel

A REAL American
During the rise of the Daniel Bryan character. "The American Dragon" Bryan Danielson's career has been turned inside out by the WWE. He can't use all of his submission holds in the WWE. But he has become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion within a year in a half in the E. He won it as a face, but grew into a heel. Bringing the "YES" chant to full light in the WWE.

Much like how the "WHAT?" chant started with WWE hall of famer Stone Cold Steve Austin! During Stone Cold's run as a hated heel in 2001, he gave birth to the "WHAT?" chant whenever he was putting down the WCW/ECW alliance in a promo or in the ring. But Stone Cold Steve Austin as a babyface still used the "WHAT?" chant sometimes. Ti'l this day the WWE universe still uses the "WHAT?" chant at a WWE show or pay per-view!

Now adays I see people driving to work or somewhere or even walking to the super market mimicing the Daniel Bryan "YES" chant? So will the D. Bryan "YES" chant live long if not forever like Steve Austin's "WHAT?" chant?

YES! YES!! YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

We can only hope so. Vince needs to get a strap around his waist pronto - he is so hot at the moment I'm surprised AJ doesn't follow him around with a hose pipe!!

Simple catchphrases are always the best (ignoring Dwayne here).

My guess would be that at MITB, Bryan wins the title with an assist to AJ and we see the two of them take on an Edge and Lita type personality. This can lead to a submissions match at SS.

I think that "Yes" will stick around for a long time. It has become synonomous with Bryan and will follow him for the rest of his career. I am kind of curious whether this chant will follow other superstars around much like "what" has whenever a heel opens his mouth. I would really like to know how "yes" came to be. I know that "what" has to do with Christian leaving a now infamous message on Austins voicemail. I wonder if Bryan has a similar story

Only time will truly tell, I honestly thought it would of died out by now but it's still going strong. I guess it's appeal is that it's so universal just like "what" Daniel Bryan doesn't even have to be in the building for the chant to be heard. I truly hate the what chant but I feel it will not be dethroned but this new phrase it will just be toned down a bit.

These threads always make me laugh. I'm gonna go make a thread on how subs are the new burgers now.

They are putting Cena in the title picture after MITB which is a very bad idea this is the time to be creating new main eventers and Daniel just needs that extra nudge to be a main stay. Very short sighted...

*Raising arms and pointing to the roof*

YES! YES! YES!

It is simple and effective in this case and I'm really enjoying the fact Bryan has made it a huge part of his current act and the way it gets the crowd interacting during his matches with the dueling Yes/No chants.

I doubt the YES chant will live on in infamy as the what chant does, but it seems pretty close. With D. Bryan getting more and more attention it just might catch on.

The YES chant is very catchy, unlike the desperate attempts of Edge, ( who quit at the right time) trying to get everyone to say Spear. That was the worst try I have ever seen. Edge was losing his touch and was going down. It is to bad he didn't get a few more movies under his belt.

I hope that we are going to see the epic What! vs Yes! battle at the 1000th episode of RAW. It will be epic! Yes! What? Yes! What?
I laugh only by thinking of it.

Now, onto the topic. It's still too early to judge but history shows that those chants live through the ages (What chant, You Suck chant), so why not this one too? It brings excitement and entertainment to the show. Why? Because it simply wakes up the audience. The WWE seems to be okay with it.

The only problem I have is that the 'E may OVERpush it through twitter or do anything else stupid in order to create cash which would result in the chant turning old and boring. But we can all hope for the better.

To sum up, YES! YES! YES! YES! I believe that this can be the WHAT of 2012 and the chant of the future. Unless something happens and D-Bry stops using it. But I doubt that.

I disagree. While at first "What?" may have been Austin specific, it did not take long to take on a life of it's own. I would suspect people said what without knowing Austin started it or what exactly it meant in the context of Austin. "Yes" is simply an abbreviated version of "we want Bryan" similar to how "Woo Woo Woo" was the abbreviated version of "We want Ryder" last summer.

Also I think nothing did more harm to the art of the promo than "What?" Look at how many promos were ruined by that word. I can't imagine people chanting "Yes" after every pause in a promo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back