Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

Is Charlize Theron named after your character?

I never noticed that. No, Theron's namesake (sort of) is Thorin Oakenshield from The Hobbit. Charlize in her role as the queen in Snow White & The Huntsman might have been a good image rep for Elora. I don't regret the Emma Roberts as Madison Montgomery choice though, she's perfect for that image rep.

Do you know how to get around the dice-rolling aspect of D&D if we were to do it say here on WZ?

The dice rolling is really the big hurdle. I'd rather not do it through Skype (despite many efforts of about 4 of you to get me on there lol) or PM's of screenshots of dice rolls. The way around that was me doing the dice rolling, I have had DM's in person that did all of the rolling but you still had freedom to roleplay as you wished, he only rolled to see if what you did happened or not.

The main reason the discussion of that died down was because I have a lot going on in real life to where I can't run it at this time. Maybe during summer if things calm down.

Have you ever faced some of the iconic monsters of Dungeons & Dragons? Such as say Beholders, Liches, etc.

I've faced a Beholder before. No Liches yet. I've faced several different types of dragons. The most difficult creature I've faced is a Dracolich. The plan though is to someday (when my party is powerful enough to stand a chance) hopefully face an adult great wyrm Prismatic Dragon.... Given their 66 Challenge Rating level though and the fact that my current party's average level is below 15.... We have quite a way's to go. If we keep playing for like the next 4 years, I could see us taking one down.

Will I ever find a nice Afrikaans girl that isn't too crazy or boring?

I don't know very many girls outside of the states and a few in Europe, so I can't comment for sure on the women in your area. Best thing I can tell you is regarding dating as a whole, no matter where she's from. Enjoy your time to yourself while you still have it. Your "me time" becomes sacred once you say "I do". Not to say that companionship is a bad thing, but being single is better than being in an unhealthy relationship. While you might never find someone like Kirilah/Tiffany, (someone that attractive, that firm in her belief, that geeky, that good in battle, and that all around perfect does not exist. Even Mrs Dagger Dias on her best day could not live up to that character), someone is out there who would make you happy and if you have faith one day you will find her when both of you are ready. It is my belief that we were given genders by our creator for a reason, for companionship. Those who disagree with that have every right to their opinion, but it is my personal belief on that. To make a gamer equivalent of that old saying they always told little girls about frogs and princes, you gotta go through a few other castles saving toads before you find the princess. Hang in there bro :)

Dagger,

Favorite and least favorite regular enemy types in Final Fantasy, Zelda and D&D?

Favorites in Final Fantasy include many of the mainstays such as Bombs or Tonberries. Least favorite are Malboros. I hate those guys!!!! Negative status effects are enough of a pain when it is just one you get inflicted with, let alone all of them at once.

Favorites in Zelda are probably the Fire Fairies from Link To the Past. Use the Magic Powder on them to turn them into real fairies! Least favorite are those idiotic hands that make you go back to the start of the temple!!!!

Favorites in D&D disregarding any dragons or boss tier encounters, are probably Kobolds. They are fun to fight or to interact with in dialogue. Least favorite would be any type of caster. You always want to eliminate them immediately so that they cannot heal and buff their allies if they are support oriented or de-buff and cast offensive area of effect spells on you if they are offensive oriented. They are tougher to formulate a strategy on too if the DM simply says you encounter a cloaked creature. You know he may be a caster, but not what type. Unlike, say, a Goblin or an Orc when you often know to expect a melee type.

Watch Game of Thrones or any SyFy shows lately?

Nope. I watched Continuum last year but fell behind on it this year. I haven't been watching much of anything outside of WWE stuff recently. The computer issues I had mentioned in the general discussion thread involves my tv too. I currently do not have TV. Hoping to get both that and the computer issue fixed this month. I couldn't get into Game of Thrones when I originally tried watching a couple of years ago. The parody South Park did of it though made me want to give it another chance and I never got around to it.

Selfish question since I know you read my RP's, what am I doing right with Lexi and what am I doing wrong? Feel free to be brutally honest.

Unselfish question, have you ever seen Def Leppard and Taylor Swift on CMT Crossorads? I seem to remember discussing Def Leppard with you before and if you like either of them (Def or Taylor) it's very worth checking out.

Who should be the next person to create their own Q & A thread?

Selfish question since I know you read my RP's, what am I doing right with Lexi and what am I doing wrong? Feel free to be brutally honest.

Unselfish question, have you ever seen Def Leppard and Taylor Swift on CMT Crossorads? I seem to remember discussing Def Leppard with you before and if you like either of them (Def or Taylor) it's very worth checking out.

Who should be the next person to create their own Q & A thread?

The character development is coming along nicely so far and I looked forward to reading yours. I read everyone's, but if I anticipate reading it then that's a good thing. What I would change is a small thing in the formatting. I'm not a fan of the RP style where it does not state who says what. For example:

Theron: Let's go save the princess!

Let's go save the princess!

The former looks much better to me then the latter, since that style continually reminds you of who is speaking. I dislike having to scroll back up to see who was what font color.

Have not seen Def Leppard and Taylor Swift on CMT Crossorads, I will have to look it up since I am a big Def Leppard fan. I don't watch much CMT despite being Texan.

The next ask me questions thread should be Jessie. If she did not already do one a while back.

What are some of your favorite race/class combinations in D&D?

Favorite and least favorite classes/jobs in Final Fantasy?

Make a party of five (including Theron) of WZCW wrestlers, what's their races/classes? What would be the first mission?

Do you think I should start my own Q&A-thread? I'd like the answer in the form of a 1d20 roll, please.

What are some of your favorite race/class combinations in D&D?

Favorite and least favorite classes/jobs in Final Fantasy?

Make a party of five (including Theron) of WZCW wrestlers, what's their races/classes? What would be the first mission?

Favorite race and class combinations.... I love Elven or Half-Elven Fighter types. That is what I almost always play. Humans I rarely use. They can be pretty much anything but are not the best at anything. Dwarves make good Barbarians. Halflings I'd go with a Rogue (thief). Aasimars (half angelic) make great Paladins, I've thought of making one as a cleric. That is what Kirilah is, and I currently play an Aasimar Paladin of Mystra in a different campaign although I was writing my RP's before I took on this character. Genasi are awesome and probably my favorite race. They are half elementals so there are so many diverse combinations you can come up with. Theron for instance is half elf, half fire elemental (Fire Genasi). I've wanted to try an Aquatic Elf Druid, that might be fun if I ever have to play a caster.

In final fantasy.... my favorite classes are always the Fighter/Knight/Paladin types. I love playing as warriors who have tons of health and dish out plenty of damage with their swordplay skills. Oh, and Dragoons! I love Dragoons with their Jump ability! Ever since Kain in FF4 they have been a staple of countless parties of mine. Summoners are fun, although I rarely like casters. Least favorite in Final Fantasy is probably Blue Mages. I didn't like having to go out of my way to unlock all of the enemy skills for characters like Quina, Strago, Gau, or FF5's Blue Mage class. They get some interesting skills but it's a massive pain to unlock all.

WZCW characters with D&D classes....
Theron - Warblade
Lexi - Paladin of Torm
Hyada - Monk
Vega - Rogue
Ty - Sorceror

That's a pretty balanced party as far as the classes and who I think of off the top of my head to play some of the core classes. Grizzly would have been perfect for a large Druid or a Ranger had he still been around. Stormrage would be a Barbarian or Berserker. Races is much tougher, I might have to think about that part and get back to you on it. I spend more time coming up with the races of the D&D counterparts in my RP's than I do for their classes. First quest.... isn't that obvious? Vanquish the Pale Riders! ;)

Do you think I should start my own Q&A-thread? I'd like the answer in the form of a 1d20 roll, please.

High or low? I'll roll for you.

If you had to change both of your finishers for some reason what would you change them to?

Sweet Chin Music for the in-ring finisher
Swanton Bomb for the flying finisher.

Given the new crusader direction Theron has taken (he now resembles a Paladin or a Crusader moreso than a Warblade) I'd name Sweet Chin Music as Smite Evil and the Swanton Bomb as The Dragon Slayer.

If I told you that you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?

Nope. A compliment is a compliment if you are being serious.

☮ Spidey ✌;4954137 said:
Every game I've ever played had a No Paladin Policy.

Dagger, you strike me as a paladin type. What would you do if you couldn't use Warblade as a paladin hero? Yeah you have a thread but I'm too lazy to click.

No Paladins? That's stupid. In the 12 years I have played, I have never encountered a "No Paladin" DM. I've had DM's who do not allow non-traditional classes (Fighter, Paladin, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard, Bard, Sorceror only) and only the core races.... but that's a bit much. They are easy to manage as long as they have an allignment that's identical or one box on the chart away from their deity.

I'm very much a Paladin type. They are my favorite class other than traditional fighters, even moreso than Warblade which is why Theron started taking on more of a Paladin or Crusader persona in my RP's rather than straight up Warblade but he still acts like both so I do not consider him multiclassed in the story, he just found religion through his girlfriend.

I'd be a Warblade, Crusader, traditional Fighter, or a melee Cleric if I cannot be a Paladin. The furthest I really stray away from warrior archetypes is clerics. I'm not a fan of thieves or offensive casters to play as. I do plan on playing a Paladin-Cleric multiclass character in my next campaign though. That character is currently slated to replace the Paladin of Mystra that I currently play, or the ranger that I currently play, if one of them dies.

And.... bumped. This thread is back open again for any new questions :)

Mystic Knights from Final Fantasy, what's your favorite of all the different versions?

Is there an archetype that you feel hasn't yet been depicted well in Final Fantasy or RPGs in general?

I remember a long time ago when I ran an AOL RP storyline, I tried coming up with a Character Class that was based on "momentum/rhythm" in a way that, say for every additional hit they landed, they did X extra dice (but fewer sides) or gained X extra movement, etc. Somewhat like Soul Calibur's Maxi, where one hit easily flowed into subsequent combinations.

Mystic Knights from Final Fantasy, what's your favorite of all the different versions?

Is there an archetype that you feel hasn't yet been depicted well in Final Fantasy or RPGs in general?

I remember a long time ago when I ran an AOL RP storyline, I tried coming up with a Character Class that was based on "momentum/rhythm" in a way that, say for every additional hit they landed, they did X extra dice (but fewer sides) or gained X extra movement, etc. Somewhat like Soul Calibur's Maxi, where one hit easily flowed into subsequent combinations.

Definitely the version from FF3. Dark Knights who could prevent illusion monsters from cloning themselves? Yes please! The one in FF5 was cool itself, but when you look at the D&D counterparts for either version.... Dark Knights (paladins of evil deities) and Duskblades respectively, I prefer the former there as well.

Bards have not really been depicted well. They without fail are always weaklings in FF. Having played FF games since the first on the NES and not having touched D&D dice until I was a teenager, the FF bards had taught me that the class was basically useless. In D&D they really aren't. A buff from a bard could mean the difference between game over and defeating a boss due to the increases to your fighters' attack rolls that their singing can bring.

That's really the only one that comes to mind. Fighters, Paladins, Dark Knights, Barbarians, Rogues/Thieves, Ninjas, White Mages, Black Mages, Summoners, and Rangers are depicted well in FF compared to their D&D ancestors. Even classes like Dragoon and Red Mage stayed rather true to the archetype of a heavily armored fighter using spears and a Wizard/Druid/Cleric multiclass respectively. I'd really have to do a lot of digging to find a class that doesn't get depicted well other than the bards. FF did a great tribute to D&D with their classes.

Most agonizing defeat in FF and D&D?

Most embarrassing defeat?

Dumbest death you've ever seen in D&D?

Most agonizing defeat in FF and D&D?

Most embarrassing defeat?

Dumbest death you've ever seen in D&D?

My most agonizing defeat EVER comes from Chrono Cross. I'll get back to that in a moment.

In D&D I've actually had very few defeats and despite playing for over a decade I can count on one hand how many characters I have had who legitimately died. No truly agonizing D&D defeats. In FF.... the main examples that stick out are fights like Adel in FF8 or the elementals rematch within the Giant of Bab-il in FF4 where you have to shift your strategy so much due to not knowing what you are in for when that fight begins.

My truly most agonizing defeat in a game comes from Chrono Cross against Miguel. My goodness that guy is brutal. If there ever were a boss in a video game (disregarding any "optional super boss" types) where the AI tries to overkill you, this guy is it. You for reasons that are withheld due to spoilers go into that fight with a dark elemental instead of a light elemental as your main character, and he lunges at you with a freaking holy lightsaber type weapon as well as an onslaught of holy spells. There is simply no way to prepare for that fight unless you know what's coming by having played the game before and it took a miracle to beat him the first time I played, several failed attempts before seeing a victory. I cannot hear the music that plays in that fight to this day without getting a chill down my spine.

Most embarrassing defeat is in FF7. One time as a teenager I was playing through it again for fun after having beaten it a couple of times. I was up very late, probably around 3 or 4AM on a saturday, not having slept much. So I got to the fight with Dyne and ended up falling asleep in real life with the controller still in my hands. I woke up to the game over screen a couple of hours later. Oops! Luckily I saved so I only had to re-do the desert area leading up to Dyne.

Dumbest death I have ever seen in D&D? Well, I once had a Necromancer in a party who in character thought he was the greatest thing ever. He thought he was so powerful he was invincible. So the party is in a bar in a town resembling Vector in FF6. We needed to find a rebel contact while invading a town full of guards. After having no luck we enter the bar and the previously mentioned Necromancer brags about how great he is to the bartender. We then exit the bar and the moment we do the Necromancer gets decapitated. A one shot kill by the DM's boss NPC for that town. Chaos and an epic awful boss fight followed with the handler of the dead Necromancer getting to play as the boss with the DM since he lost his character immediately. That decapitation was just dumb, sometimes things happen though. The DM rolled two 20's in a row on an attack of opportunity, instant kill. My Paladin did not survive that fight either but she went out in a blaze of glory for her deity trying to smite this guy, so I guess that same fight counts for my most agonizing D&D death now that I think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back