Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

Discussion in 'Backstage' started by Dagger Dias, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

I've been wanting to do one of these for a while now and am bored, so why not. It can be just about nearly anything, provided it's within the rules of the forum of course. Want to know my thoughts on stuff going on in the fed? Interested in finding out more about Theron or someone/something in my RP's? Have a D&D question regarding either Theron's world within my RP's or any actual campaigns I have played? Perhaps you would like to know more about me out of character? Other....?

I reserve the right to decline a question if I think it's stupid, too personal, or if I have a legitimate reason for why I cannot answer in which case I'll let you know. Otherwise.... You ask it, I'll answer. Go on ahead and ask. :)

LSN80 and The Phenomenal Matrix like this.
  2. Blade

Blade "Original Blade"

How close do you think you are to getting your first championship? Think you can get your hands on gold by Kingdom Come?

Dagger Dias likes this.
  3. GI Cake

GI Cake Thank God For Sodamy.

Who's your favorite character in the fed? Your favorite theme music? And where do you see Theron next Unscripted?

Dagger Dias likes this.
  4. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20

If Eve defeats Fallout, I'm one round away. Whoever her handler is, they're good, so it would be difficult. If Fallout defeats Eve, I still have a title shot on the round following him losing the belt or when he moves up to the world title. There's also the Eurasian Championship. Fallout's got a while to go and if he succeeds in a full string of retentions that could have kept me busy long enough to try to gain momentum to challenge for the Eurasian belt. By Kingdom Come, I could see it having happened by then with one of those two belts. It's up to creative and who I face along the way, anything can happen.

Favorite character is Califa, followed by Haven in a close second. Favorite entrance theme is Diabolos'. Next Unscripted.... That's a tough one. He'll have overthrown all chapters of the Shar cult completely by then in the story, as for in the ring? I predict I'll have won a couple of midcard titles by then. I'd like to be in the main event tier by that point, but I want to earn it so we'll see what this year brings. Like I said in my response to Blade, anything can happen.

Hollywood Naitch likes this.
  5. Shotaro

Shotaro WZCW's James Howard

My DnD group are currently exploring the lands they've been made Lords of. The rogue traded 800GP with the Orc Barbarian for a potato. First town they visit the townsfolk have never seen a potato. Barbarian traded the potato for a full harvest of Parsnips. He now has a parsnip and is on his way to the next town over armed with only a parsnip.

No question just thought you'd appreciate that dag

Dagger Dias likes this.
  6. Just FalKonika

Just FalKonika I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW

How do you come up with the names of all the federation's characters (such as Darius the Taurus for Darren Bull)?

Dagger Dias likes this.
  7. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20

:lmao:

Goofing off between party members is often the best part of most campaigns.

I try to see if there are gladiatorial/medieval/mythical names who sound similar and if I can think of one then I go with that. Darius was the name of an ancient Persian King, it's a little similar in name to Darren and then Taurus means Bull. Others like Marrmell or the two minotaur brothers from the Elora segment come from names of characters I have come across in my campaigns over the years.

Then the really random ones like Leonaros Moonshadow came from name generators, I try to not rely on those unless I was unable to come up with a myth or historical figure to draw inspiration on for a name. The most random naming of all so far was Byla. That came from an unintentional renaming of Ayla in Chrono Trigger once when I was a kid, I was not done renaming her yet and was stuck with Byla for her name due to accidentally submitting it as her name before I had entering the actual name I wanted for her. I thought it was funny enough to keep, and have used it for various amazonian or warrior women characters since.

8. Dirk

Dirk Ayatollah of Coca-Cola

When you're Eurasian Champion, will your RP's get shorter or longer? :p

Dagger Dias likes this.
  9. Dan Severn's Moustache

Dan Severn's Moustache Patent Pending

What did you learn from your feud with me?

Opinion on Fallout?

If you're willing, predict the card for AoN.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  10. Spidercanrana

Spidercanrana Should've Reinstated The Fox
    Staff Member Moderator E-Fed Mod

Opinion on Ramparte (as well as Cerberus) and what do you see them as in D&D?

Will we encounter Theron outside of his fantasy world?

How lethal is that blade, btw? Are we talking kendo stick levels of pain?

Dagger Dias likes this.
  11. DarksideEric

DarksideEric Call me "Hadouken." I'm ↓→ fierce.

What are Theron's (not yours) opinion's thoughts on each member of the roster?

Who would he invite to join his merry band?

What version of D&D does Theron believe he's in?

If you ever wrote a match (if you haven't already), would you include some subtle iside jokes related to D&D, such as like "Jon failed his perception check, getting nailed from behind by Ramparte!"

Care to compare/contrast some characters (including Jon) to RPG characters you've either D&D'd with or played/seen in video games?

Dagger Dias likes this.
  12. Bernkastel

Bernkastel Reaper of Miracles
    E-Fed Mod

Why haven't you added me on Skype? I thought we were friends :(

Dagger Dias likes this.
  13. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20

If I held that belt I'd put forth even more effort than I already do in order to retain, but the length depends on who I'm facing and what I write about that week.

I learned that the more the two competitors work together to come up with ideas to pitch to creative, the better the feud itself gets. I really enjoyed our angle, it was fun working with you.

I like Fallout. I think you'll go far in the fed and I'm rooting for you to complete the required string of title matches. Then I'll take the World Championship from you at Kingdom Come in a rematch to end the reign of terror you'd start. Book it! :)

As for the AoN card.... Give me until the first round of shows have posted, and I'll take a stab at it.

I'll answer Spidey, DarksideEric, Echelon, and whoever else has posted one when I return to answer more questions tonight. Have some errands to run first. Keep 'em coming guys.

14. DarksideEric

If Theron were to turn heel, which of his merry band would leave him, fight him or stay with him?

15. JamJam

JamJam It's goin' down forreal!

Who do you think would best fit with Theron in a tag team from the current roster?

Dagger Dias likes this.
  16. Beastmode 24

Beastmode 24 BEAST MODE, MOTHERFUCKERS

Here's a real (fake) wrestling question:

Out of the 3 Steamboat/Flair matches in '89, which one was your favorite?

17. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20

Ramparte's got potential, the Cerberus tag team is a good combination and I've been interested in seeing how the team does since the formation. I can see you guys eventually becoming tag team champs if you keep improving. Ramparte in D&D form was already seen as Graven Darksbane. After having read more RP's he seems like he could be an Archivist. They can cast divine magic through diligent study and draw upon intelligence rather than a deity, and have plenty of Dark Knowledge. I might turn Graven into one of those should he have another appearance in my RP's. Flex would likely be a (yet to be named) Human Monk. That class fits perfectly for someone who is always at the gym.

Theron's been outside of D&D in RP's before, I did it in my initial four rounds or so. Most found that half to be boring, so I just cut it from the RP's after Redemption. Ironically enough, I began winning matches the same round, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If I ever do bring that element back, it would need polishing so as to not bore anyone.

The blades are prop swords, wooden models used for cosplay contests etc and he has dozens of them. I compared them to Jarrett's guitars in my application for how they'd be used, so they'd do around as much damage to someone as that.

Theron's Neutral Good, so he follows the heel/face lines pretty closely in who he likes/trusts or not. He detests Fallout for obvious reasons. He was disappointed in Tastic when he turned heel, respects the heck out of legends like Titus, and thinks Eve is attractive. Things like that. Nothing out of the ordinary, really, other than that whole thing of seeing everyone as elves/dwarves/gladiators/etc instead of who they actually are.

He sees everything in version 3 and 3.5, with a mix of Pathfinder thrown in.

I haven't written a match yet. I was asked to once but it fell on one of my D&D nights so I told the creative team member that PM'ed me I could give it a shot after I returned late that night, by the time I wrote said creative member back, it was almost sunrise, and the shows appeared to already be being worked on. I really don't know how good I'd be at it, although I said the same thing about being a cleanup mod when I initially wanted to be a discussion starter, never know until you try. Adding little D&D jargon would be funny, might be worth a try sometime.

I'm probably going to hold off on the last question on this post for now. AT least regarding people I have not given a D&D counterpart yet. Why spoil the fun now? ;) I'll go ahead and answer for Jon for now though. I would compare him to a Monk I once ran into, who's handler was a huge fan of Ryu from Street Fighter. We're talking my Final Fantasy fandom, he had that level of a fandom of Street Fighter. So he played a D&D counterpart of Ryu, if we ever have a match I can see myself going that route for Jon's counterpart.

Of course we are, you've always been one of my favorite veteran posters and someone who is underrated. I really do need to fix that thing, I've had the account for 4 years and only signed in once or twice. It's just never been a priority because there's nobody I'd speak with exclusively on there as opposed to PM'ing on here and thus I always forget. Is that what you guys use to communicate for the podcasts?

I'll answer in the order of easiest to turn heel, to most difficult.

Keifasar the Necromancer leans the closest to any of them to being a heel, and would be the first to happily cross the line to the dark side.

Sheshmish the Swashbuckler is Chaotic Neutral. If going heel means he can still get rich on his travels with Theron, he wouldn't care. Treasure is his number one priority no matter what.

Davivel the Cleric might struggle at first, but his racial background would make it easier to convince him to go heel than the others. Theron would have to do what in D&D is called a Charisma (or Bluff) Check. You roll a D20 to try to trick the other character into doing what you want, then they roll a Sense Motive Check to try to beat your roll. If you win, you convinced them.

Kayrentia the Druid would still follow Theron as long as his heel actions do not harm any plants or animals. Should that happen she would try to stand up to him, and probably be defeated in the process unless Theron tries a Charisma Check on her instead of fighting her, either way she'd lose. His stats are far higher than most of hers.

Kirilah the Paladin would be by a landslide the most difficult to turn heel. Although Mystra is actually not a Chaotic Good deity (she is Neutral Good in some campaigns and Lawful Neutral in others believe it or not), Kirilah is Chaotic Good. If a threat toward magic or her deity arises (let's say Theron switches his alignment to worship Shar, for instance) she would turn on him in an instant. Not only would she break up with him but she would fight to the death, even if it means she faces the entire party on her own. If they are all heels, she can use Smite Evil on them which actually puts them all in danger other than Theron himself. There is still a chance though. He would have to attempt a Charisma Check, but unlike Davivel or Kayrentia this one would be nearly impossible to beat. Paladins will do anything to fight evil unless they themselves are evil and turn into a Dark Knight. Thus, we are talking Theron rolling a natural 20 on the D20 and if she rolls a 20 as well, she still wins the roll-off. It ends terribly for Kirilah either way. She either dies in a blaze of glory for her faith, or has to turn into a Dark Knight.

Great question! :)

In character, any of the faces should be able to get along with Theron, but especially the silly ones or the more heroic types. Titus, Saboteur, Hyada, and S.H.I.T would all be fun to team with sometime. Perhaps either of our current tag team champs as well. I approached Bear about a potential team with Grizzly Bob once, but we both had a ton going on with our characters so the idea got shelved. I'd have to say Haven would be the best fit. At one point before Young Justice formed I thought of reaching out to Kermit for a potential teamup sometime. Even for just one match that would be awesome, the two silliest heroes of WZCW would be unstoppable! ;) If Young Justice ever need a third guy in a 6 man tag team match, I'd be up for it that round.

I have to say, it has been far too long to be able to remember. Now that I have the WWE Network (as of last night) I can go try to look them up! Hold that thought, and I'll get back to you. :)

18. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20

Took a bit longer to get back to you than I thought I would, rather tough pick. I'm going to go with the Chi-Town Rumble match. All three of them are so good that it came down to the outcomes to help me pick one. I agree with the 5 star ratings that all have received.

Ready for the next batch of questions if you have more, guys! :)

Mustang Sally and LSN80 like this.
  19. Bernkastel

Bernkastel Reaper of Miracles
    E-Fed Mod

Yeah, we use Skype for the podcast. Among other stuff...

20. DarksideEric

Where do you think Dagger would turn heel first, inside his own world (meaning an RP) or inside the ring during a match?

How would you perform your finishing moves in an actual D&D game?

21. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20

Like what? People keep telling me to get on there. :p

Probably during a match although I might drop tiny hints in the RP's leading up to it.

For the Critical Hit (RKO) he would have to do what's called a Grapple Check to grab the opponent, they roll an Oppose Grapple Check to see if they can avoid it, if you win you've grabbed them. I've never performed an RKO type move in D&D before, after the grapple it would probably be an unarmed attack roll or a Strength Check (roll based off your strength stat against victim's armor stat) to see if you can complete the maneuver.

For the Limit Break it's an Acrobatics Check to do the actual Shooting Star Press after a Climb Check to see if you can get up onto a platform without falling. Both are rolled based off your stats in acrobatics and climb respectively.

22. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20

Alright guys I'm opening the floor back up for questions for anyone who has more, but I also want to ask a question of all of you too! I have some new dice images I thought of using in future RP's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first two are for if Theron is alone and if he's with Kirilah respectively while the others are for if the party is together. Any thoughts on these?

Or ask me stuff, if you'd rather do that. ;)

23. Dirk

Dirk Ayatollah of Coca-Cola

Isn't there a pokemon called Kirilah?

Dagger Dias likes this.
  24. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20

Kirlia. I named Kirilah after a paladin from a D&D campaign named Kyla, and another character named Delilah. I legitimately forgot about that pokemon, I have not played since Diamond. I caught all 493 in Diamond and then retired from the series.

25. DarksideEric

Got a couple for you:

Which Zelda and Final Fantasy boss (mid, dungeon or final) would Theron most like to fight and least like to fight.

Which ones would you not want to face in a D&D campaign?