Cryptic "01/02/2012" Video - Chris Jericho Returns- KEEP IT IN HERE! - NO SPAMMING!

It's Chris Jericho, however it will be Jericho calling out The UnderTaker for Wrestlemania. I can picture the lights going out, a couple of UnderTaker dongs hit. Crowd goes absolutely bananas. A man walks out. Cameraman does a camera trick giving us a low angle as to hide Jericho's height. Man throws his arms up Taker style to turn the lights on and wham its Jericho on the stage. Comes down to the ring cutting a promo about last years 2/21/11 is it Sting is it Taker promo and decided to screw with the fans. He proceeds to tell us he needed a reason to come back and that reason is the streak. Next couple of weeks they can show Jericho looking for The Undertaker. This helps Jericho with the supposed light schedule he would want to return. After the Rumble Jericho can start wrestling at the end of his match lights go out and the WWE gives some cool Undertaker graphics. Bam WrestleMania Undertaker vs Jericho.

This topic is obviously about the hype promo we saw last night of a return of a "Familiar Face". Im making this topic because the video hasn't even been out for 24 hours and loads of people are turning this into another "IT SCREAMS STING" situation.

So here are some of the obvious facts regarding that promo.

#1) Vince knows exactly how the IWC jump to silly conclusions and hype each other up to the point where they are certain that what they believe will happen. (For example, Cena Heel turn this past Sunday).

#2) This is the first package of a series, There are going to put little (maybe even no) indicators to who it is. Reading too far into things gives people bad ideas. Half of the objects in the video are most likely random things they thought "This will throw them off". For example, The globe in the background.

So who can it be?

The first and most obvious and likely idea is The Undertaker, The undertaker is no stranger to having children, eerie music and impossible things happening in his videos such as the disappearing ball. And is also notorious for turning up around the royal rumble to begin the road to Wrestlemania

The second most chosen candidate is Chris Jericho. This is what I like to call the "Sting Choice" where everyone is trying to find clues such as using maths on the dates to turn it into "Y2J" which for the record is an expired gimmick which I highly doubt he will revisit. The promo just did not fit his character in anyway and I hope people don't get too disappointed if it does not turn out to be him.

A third option is Kane which I believe was completely stomped out when they aired a package for later in the night blatantly showing his face, his attire and his mask. The only way this will also be for Kane is if he is coming back as a dual personality character with AND without the mask.

All Im trying to say here is that the IWC should not rework itself up for something that could be a complete obvious undertaker return. Don't look for suspicious things and you will not be disappointed when it isn't who you think it is. And if it does turn out to be who you think it was it would be a pleasant surprise which you can call me out on at a later date.

Looking forward to your responses.

- Lee

I saw no relation at all. First, why would they have a subliminal video on Youtube with a obvious Kane return video on RAW? Kind of ruins the surprise doesn't it?

See, but that's where you're not thinking outside the box. It appears unanimous that the most obvious choice is the Undertaker and it appears that there's a lot of people still speculating upon Chris Jericho or even Vince McMahon, but because there's a Kane promo run on Raw everyone dismisses it.

Well, that's a potential curve ball. The symbolism of the mask meant something, but he was also without mask for his promo that aired on Raw. Two different sides of Kane as I explained is an interesting twist and because they have the Kane promo airing on Raw and everyone automatically dismisses Kane from being involved in the "it begins" promo, WWE could throw everyone a huge curveball and fake everybody out and Vince McMahon can laugh about how he had everyone fooled (heck, I'm sure he'd love to feel like he pulled one over on the audience).

Kane returning to take what's his? The World Heavyweight Championship, his revenge on Mark Henry, etc. etc.

But another curveball, for everybody saying that it's not the Undertaker because he has nothing to return for... if the Taker is claiming what is his then maybe what is his is his revenge on Wade Barrett! Wade's clearly getting a huge push and is now feuding with Randy Orton and Wade could be a viable option for the Undertaker at Wrestlemania as we haven't seen the Taker face an "up and comer" at Wrestlemania in years. It just adds a different dynamic. When Taker returned last year he was immediately interrupted by HHH and Taker knew at that point he needed to defeat HHH at Wrestlemania. Before he was interrupted, Taker could say he was planning to announce his revenge on Wade Barrett and now that Barrett is relevant again... just food for thought.

The lovely part about this is we all wildly speculate and guess, but the WWE has people talking, so they did something right.

it's Taker. the Twitter box looked exactly like the "static TV" thing that his titantron had. the only thing to really speculate is what gimmick he may have when he does return because the kid talking sounded like Taker was coming back heel-ish (like the Ministry type gimmick).

Jericho's promos a while back were "cryptic" but not as "mysteriously scary" as this one. Kane, as you said, had his own return promo. this leaves only one guy (Undertaker)

I think Vince McMahon has to be a high choice.

You can't just debut a new TV channel on the day it hits the air. There has to be plenty of promotion. And that promotion has to start month ahead of time.

Power = Vince - his entire characater is based on being the most powerful man in wrestling history

To claim what is his = Vince - he lost his beloved WWE and wants it back

Be the end of the world as you know it = End of the WORLD wrestling entertainment as you know it, because the new WWE Channel will change everything!

This is just a promo to get people talking about this annoucement for the new network

I think the top comment on youtube just solved this mystery. Monda(Y) (2)nd (J)anuary. If it's not Jericho it's probably The Undertaker doing a big comeback for the road to Wrestlemania.

When I first heard there was a cryptic message saying all of these things the first guy that came to mind is Skip Sheffield coming back as "Ryback" destroying the weak. But after I actually saw the thing I can tell it's for a returning top star.

Ok....so it's very rare that I actually sign in and post on the forums here. For the most part, I can't fully commit myself to a group of people who aren't happy when they don't get what they want and then shit all over it when they get it. Having said that, I think I know who is coming on 1/2/12. Before I do that, I have to take care of some business with the OP. Don't make the same mistake twice seems to indicate three mistakes, doesn't it? First you make the mistake. Then you make the same mistake. Then you make the same mistake twice. If you simply say, "Don't make the same mistake," you'll avoid the first mistake. Glad we cleared that up.

Now that that's out of the way, let's get down to business. I believe the 1/2/12 video is referencing Chris Jericho and here's why:

First of all, without even watching the video, let's think about this. WWE had a hype video for Undertaker last year so why would they have another for him this year? Seems a little too predictable to me. Also, let's not forget that Jericho just recently said he'd never wrestle for WWE again. Then all of a sudden this video airs? Sounds like a swerve to me.

Now, on to the video. First of all...the vocabulary SCREAMS Jericho. The voice goes on to say "a familiar force shall arrive to claim what is his". I believe this is referring to the title of Best in the World that CM is currently using. Then the voice says "and it will be the END OF THE WORLD AS YOU KNOW IT. Again...this makes sense because from a kayfabe standpoint CM Punk is the "Best in the World"...so if Jericho comes to take back that title then HE would be the Best in the World and thus it would be the end of the world as we know it. Get it?

I could be wrong but I was right about it not being Sting last year and most were against me. Only time will tell I guess....

Its Taker there should be no speculation. Its always Taker video packages comebacks r his thing. WWE.com was just questioning his whereabouts recently to. It just doesn't fit Jericho, all the creepiness and "to take back what is his." and everyone is jumping all over the CM Punk uses best in the world argument is a bit of a stretch. Its not Kane he had a promo, they wouldn't waste this mysterious other promo about 2nd of January to revel it later the same night. its not Vince or WWE Network once again there is no need for the creepiness of it, there just gonna hype the shit out of it every all over twitter any minute.

Now, just to broaden speculation for all you Jericho fans.
The child's clothing, the 3 buttons on each side have X's on each of them. The one person who uses X's as his symbol is CM Punk. (xXx straight edge).

Something else for you guys to ponder on ;)

The first and most obvious and likely idea is The Undertaker

After the whole "2-21-11" mess, I find myself curiously disinterested this time around. By the time the whole thing played out last Winter, I was so disappointed it was Undertaker that I'm not anxious for another go-around. Like many other folks, I wanted the mystery man to be Sting.

Undertaker? I figured he was coming back sooner or later, anyway.

So, for the sake of the originality, I hope it isn't 'Taker this time. Don't do the same thing again.

I don't think it's Undertaker.

The video quoted Isaiah 26:20 and Jericho tends to be the one to bring up biblical passages in his videos, I don't believe Undertaker ever has (though I'm not 100% sure of that).

I'm going to stick with Jericho on this one....

Well, that's a potential curve ball. The symbolism of the mask meant something, but he was also without mask for his promo that aired on Raw. Two different sides of Kane as I explained is an interesting twist and because they have the Kane promo airing on Raw and everyone automatically dismisses Kane from being involved in the "it begins" promo, WWE could throw everyone a huge curveball and fake everybody out and Vince McMahon can laugh about how he had everyone fooled (heck, I'm sure he'd love to feel like he pulled one over on the audience).

Kane returning to take what's his? The World Heavyweight Championship, his revenge on Mark Henry, etc. etc.

But another curveball, for everybody saying that it's not the Undertaker because he has nothing to return for... if the Taker is claiming what is his then maybe what is his is his revenge on Wade Barrett! Wade's clearly getting a huge push and is now feuding with Randy Orton and Wade could be a viable option for the Undertaker at Wrestlemania as we haven't seen the Taker face an "up and comer" at Wrestlemania in years. It just adds a different dynamic. When Taker returned last year he was immediately interrupted by HHH and Taker knew at that point he needed to defeat HHH at Wrestlemania. Before he was interrupted, Taker could say he was planning to announce his revenge on Wade Barrett and now that Barrett is relevant again... just food for thought.
Here's the thing. There's also another part of the promo: "...a familiar force shall return to punish the meek for their inequity." The keyword there is inequity. How has Undertaker(or Kane for that matter) been treated unfairly? Why do they feel they've been treaty unjustly? Plus, how is Wade Barret considered meek? lol.

The second most chosen candidate is Chris Jericho. This is what I like to call the "Sting Choice" where everyone is trying to find clues such as using maths on the dates to turn it into "Y2J" which for the record is an expired gimmick which I highly doubt he will revisit. The promo just did not fit his character in anyway and I hope people don't get too disappointed if it does not turn out to be him.

Y2J is not an expired gimmick, it's a monicker that will always apply to him and a nickname that's stuck with him his entire WWE run.

The promo fit his character pretty spot-on, as it was mysterious, featured extensive vocabulary and used a Biblical quote, all of which applies pretty heavily to Jericho. Another thing people don't seem to acknowledge is the tone of the video.

Look at any Undertaker return video. Before Judgement Day 2000 (when he returned as the American Bad Ass), before WrestleMania XX and last year... One thing that is common in all his videos, regardless of his gimmick, is that they're dark. He's the Lord of Darkness, his return videos have taken place in dark basements, graveyards, nightlit shacks... Never anything brightly lit. Not once, ever, in the history of his character. And this whole video was bright. The schoolroom was bright, every outside shot was during the day. It doesn't fit his history at all.

Furthermore, what would he have to come back to take that's his? Titles are pretty much out of the picture, he can only wrestle one match a year at this point because his body's so broken down. Everyone pretty much figures WrestleMania's gonna be his last match anyways. He already has his streak, he doesn't need to come claim it, someone needs to challenge him for it. That will probably happen around February again, 'cause he just doesn't have the longevity anymore to keep something going for 3 months. And why in the hell would his return bring about "the end of the world as we know"? That's a pretty blatant heel line and promo, something a bad guy would say and do. Undertaker's not going to be heel going into his 20th WrestleMania win. No one would boo him.

Chris Jericho IS the most likely candidate. WrestleZone themselves reported that WWE was in talks to bring him back around the Royal Rumble, he made his Twitter comment to throw people off and he's expressed extreme discontent with CM Punk for stealing his "best in the world" title. The video is laced with Jericho-like metaphors with its wording. He's coming to take back what's rightfully his and play a brand new heel Y2J to go into WrestleMania. For both his debut and his return, he said he was coming to save the WWE. And now he's coming to end it. That is literally the simplest option, not the Undertaker.

It quoted biblical passages so it has to be none other than...

REVEREND DEVON DUDLEY!!!!!!!!

Guess who else quoted the bible at one time? Stone Cold Steve Austin. What about Jake the Snake, he did it too. Shawn Michaels is a religious man, MAYBE ITS HIM!

Seriously though, Like Mustang Sally said, we knew Taker was coming back eventually so the whole 2-21-11 was a wasted promo.

Whoever it is isn't coming back until the RAW on January 2nd. Thats a little over a month of promo packages that we are going to be dealing with.

I wouldn't be surprised if this airs on Smackdown this week or RAW next week. Having online like this is a marketing ploy to see how many hits they can get. Guess what ...IT WORKED! Everyone bought into it. I missed the blip on TV last night and saw everyone talking about it, so I checked it out.

Please...lets not jump all over this like we can already assume its Taker, or Jericho, or Kane. It could be someone else entirely. It could be someone who hasn't been seen in the WWE in years!

I haven’t read through everybody’s theory as to who it is, but skimming through it, it does look like it could be Chris Jericho, Undertaker or Kane. With the Kane promo airing last night, and the imminent return of the Undertaker, and of course Jericho stating he would never wrestle for the WWE again, I think it’s going to be the return of the Brothers Of Destruction. Kane is about to retire and Undertaker already pretty much “retires” from April to March. I think Undertaker may be too injured or too tired in general to have a one on one match at WM XXVIII. I think it’s going to be the first ever Undertaker WrestleMania Streak Tag Team match. Now the question becomes, who faces the Brothers Of Destruction at the Grandest Stage Of Them All in 2012??

the obvious choice and more than likely the only choice is undertaker, but if they were thinking of another man that could fit that promo what about mankind making a return since he is back in WWE and right in time for the Rumble and with more thank likely Rock and Cena both being there he eliminate both of them at the Rumble, have a nice day.

I haven’t read through everybody’s theory as to who it is, but skimming through it, it does look like it could be Chris Jericho, Undertaker or Kane. With the Kane promo airing last night, and the imminent return of the Undertaker, and of course Jericho stating he would never wrestle for the WWE again, I think it’s going to be the return of the Brothers Of Destruction. Kane is about to retire and Undertaker already pretty much “retires” from April to March. I think Undertaker may be too injured or too tired in general to have a one on one match at WM XXVIII. I think it’s going to be the first ever Undertaker WrestleMania Streak Tag Team match. Now the question becomes, who faces the Brothers Of Destruction at the Grandest Stage Of Them All in 2012??

They aren't going to end Undertaker's streak with a completely different match from all other 19. He's always taken on his opponents by himself. It's his streak, not his and Kane's. There is no logic in this scenario at all, and you don't seem to understand that Jericho is working people when he said he's not wrestling for WWE again.

the obvious choice and more than likely the only choice is undertaker, but if they were thinking of another man that could fit that promo what about mankind making a return since he is back in WWE and right in time for the Rumble and with more thank likely Rock and Cena both being there he eliminate both of them at the Rumble, have a nice day.

Rock is not scheduled for the Royal Rumble and why in the world would he or Cena be in it when they already have their match headlining Wrestlemania? Do you guys not think about what you say?

I would like to be the first to thank demontosome for coming back today. He was kind enough to put his annoyance at us aside, and post a comment on a wrestling forum. He's truly an inspiration. 46 posts in a little over a year, and he was nice enough to only insult us for half his post.

Now that that's out of the way, lets get down to business...

Its the Taker or Kane. I've seen an Undertaker promo almost every time he's come back after an absence. There's got to be at least five floating around on the internet. Kane has a good reason for a promo, he made a big scene about how he was gonna come back a monster.

I'd love to support some other ides but I'm pretty sure Michaels came back for Smackdown a few weeks ago, and they just came right out and told us. Last I checked, Jericho isn't under contract yet. Batista either. Sting... come on.

I'd love to say Vince, but he knows the element of surprise works best when he comes back. Johnny Ace's tenure as interim C.O.O. is nearing its conclusion, hes not getting anywhere with the fans and Vince isn't dumb enough to let a dead piece of wood take over his show every week. Vince will come back, but when the "no chance in hell" theme song hits in the middle of a promo it'll be way more effective than some lead in video package.

Here's the thing. There's also another part of the promo: "...a familiar force shall return to punish the meek for their inequity." The keyword there is inequity. How has Undertaker(or Kane for that matter) been treated unfairly? Why do they feel they've been treaty unjustly? Plus, how is Wade Barret considered meek? lol.

Well, part of the storyline with Kane's World Title run last year was that he always was viewed as the inferior brother and he felt unfairly treated... I guess with the Taker you have a valid point, but then again, he was buried alive by Wade which is fairly unfair treatment ha ha. One of meek's definitions can mean obsolete, which Wade was until a few weeks ago ha ha. But yeah, I do see your points... from that standpoint it fits Kane more than Taker.

Y2J is a perfect fit, but I'm very skeptical.

Watching the video again...I say its gotta be Undertaker.

It Begins could signal Taker coming back and starting his road to Wrestlemania and going for 20-0. The video has a very dark tone to it just like every other Taker video.

~In the past they have used kids. His promo video for his Judgment Day return as American Badass had 3 little girls in white chanting a prayer and then it said "his judgement day is coming"

~Another return promo he had for his return at a Royal Rumble said "darkenss consume the light...and beckons his return"

Taker has almost always had a return package, even though we knew he would come back eventually. Im not saying this IS his...but the signs are there.

They aren't going to end Undertaker's streak with a completely different match from all other 19. He's always taken on his opponents by himself. It's his streak, not his and Kane's. There is no logic in this scenario at all, and you don't seem to understand that Jericho is working people when he said he's not wrestling for WWE again.

Rock is not scheduled for the Royal Rumble and why in the world would he or Cena be in it when they already have their match headlining Wrestlemania? Do you guys not think about what you say?

just beacuse he is not scheduled doesnt mean he wont show up how many spots are filled every rumble by guys that just show up last minute. and just because they have a match doesnt mean they cant be in the rumble that is just lame. without really having a match it would be the only real way to build their feud without them being in an official match

I would like to be the first to thank demontosome for coming back today. He was kind enough to put his annoyance at us aside, and post a comment on a wrestling forum. He's truly an inspiration. 46 posts in a little over a year, and he was nice enough to only insult us for half his post.

You're welcome.

Now that that's out of the way, lets get down to business...

Yes...let's...

Its the Taker or Kane.

Yes. It's clearly Kane. That's why they aired a completely different promo for an obvious Kane return. See? This is why I don't comment on the forums too much. Lackadaisical thinking like this.

I've seen an Undertaker promo almost every time he's come back after an absence. There's got to be at least five floating around on the internet.

It's just too obvious. That's the problem. Especially after the 2/21/11 promo from last year.

Kane has a good reason for a promo

Like I said before. That's why they aired a completely separate promo hyping the CLEAR return of Kane. You're thick huh?

he made a big scene about how he was gonna come back a monster.

We know....that's why a promo....nevermind. If you don't get it yet, you never will.

I'd love to support some other ides but I'm pretty sure Michaels came back for Smackdown a few weeks ago, and they just came right out and told us.

It's not HBK. Agreed.

Last I checked, Jericho isn't under contract yet.

Apparently that's something that they would tell us immediately. :rolleyes:

Batista either.

Again. Not something they would come right out and say.

Sting... come on.

Anybody who thinks this video refers to Sting should be ignored completely.

I'd love to say Vince, but he knows the element of surprise works best when he comes back. Johnny Ace's tenure as interim C.O.O. is nearing its conclusion, hes not getting anywhere with the fans and Vince isn't dumb enough to let a dead piece of wood take over his show every week. Vince will come back, but when the "no chance in hell" theme song hits in the middle of a promo it'll be way more effective than some lead in video package.

Agreed.

With the caliber of matches UT has had in the past years at Wrestlemania, you can't pick Sheamus or Wade Barrett for the match. Plus it's the 20-0 match so it has to be big maybe Kane or Mick Foley or another big name superstar. The promo was Jericho coming after C M Punk and then Daniel Bryan will cash in the money in the bank (some angle will make it happen) and it will a triple threat match.

I know it sounds crazy but there's no other good scenario for Punk or Bryan at Wrestlemania unless its each other and the Wwe is connecting more with the internet now.

I don't think it's Undertaker.

The video quoted Isaiah 26:20 and Jericho tends to be the one to bring up biblical passages in his videos, I don't believe Undertaker ever has (though I'm not 100% sure of that).

I'm going to stick with Jericho on this one....

Taker did have a biblical quote once. it was around the time he was feuding with Orton i believe. it was from the Book of Acts and it was something like "we shall hear again of this matter", speaking of the dead/resurrection.

20Come, my people, enter into your rooms
And close your doors behind you;
Hide for a little while
Until indignation runs its course.

21For behold, the LORD is about to come out from His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;
And the earth will reveal her bloodshed
And will no longer cover her slain.

if anything he paraphrased it but saying they used a verse from the Bible with 2 lines is pretty far fetched, but then again, this is WWE where they try to tend to have a scary feeling to it. he said the meek will basically be judged (in the New Testament, it says the meek will see the kingdom of Heaven), which leads me to believe Taker may be coming back as a heel (for some reason)

Its Obviously Undi. Anyone Who Says it Cant be Its Daytime. Werent he Buried in a Desert Once in Daylight and Returned at Unforgiven?
And Just Like The Promos in January they will Change week by Week. My Guess is it will get visibly darker Making it More Obvious.

But Who Wants it to be Undi when it could be Scotty 2 Hotty? LOL JK

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back