Could Dean Ambrose have made it in the original ECW?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Dean Ambrose is becoming a star right now before our very eyes. Since Ambrose signed with the WWE he has shined at the prime of his wrestling career. Since his time as "Jon Moxley" in the indie scene. While in the WWE Dean Ambrose has alot under his belt already...

-Former U.S. Champion
-Set to star in a WWE films movie
-Is reporting dating/banging WWE interviewer Renee Young

What hasn't this guy done yet besides win the WWE WHC title? With his current character inspired by Jon Moxley. My question is, could Dean Ambrose have made it in the original ECW? Many wrestling fans see Deam Ambrose as a modern day Brian Pillman. Not because he's also from Cincinati, OH. But because of his insane manner. And Brian Pillman was also in the original ECW, doing things "too extreme" like trying to piss in the middle of the ECW ring.

Dean Ambrose could have had major sucess in the old ECW if you ask me as a babyface or heel. What about you? Could Dean Ambrose have made it in the original ECW?

No No No... He was about 12!

It's ridiculous to even think could he have been there as are all these style threads... You can't take a modern star and transplant them into a different era and say sink or swim...

Someone like Ambrose is a product of several eras and talents, the Attitude Era, ECW, WWECW, the indy scene of the late noughties... that has created the talent today you see... none of that was around then so it's impossible to say. If you're going to focus on guys theb make threads about guys like Pillman, if he'd survived... or how Dean can be different/better than Pillman... but trying to say a WWE product of NXT would have made it in 1998 ECW is ridiculous.

Could John Moxley/Dean Ambrose of made it in ECW had he of been working back in the mid 90's then yes i believe he could of made it.

If a guy like 911 can make his gimmick work which was just choke slamming random people then i am sure a talented worker like Ambrose could.

But as THTRobtaylor said above it isn't worth thinking about because it is different eras just like asking could ALI beat Marciano or would a Samartino get over with today's audience.

[YOUTUBE]RtpmIpwld3c[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, I think Ambrose/Moxley would have been very successful in the original ECW.

His style of wrestling, his willingness to participate in violent weapon-filled hardcore matches, his foul-mouthed promo style from the indies and even his look would have been a perfect fit for ECW.

What you see in WWE is only a fraction of what Ambrose is capable of. Some of his promos from his days on the indie circuit are absolutely phenomenal. The unhinged character he is playing at the moment was cranked up 10x before he came to NXT.

If Ambrose had been in the original ECW, he'd almost certainly have been a big player, and a main-eventer. Hell, if Justin Credible can become ECW Champ then Ambrose wouldn't have had a problem whatsoever.

People who ask questions like these didn't watch ECW.

Anyone could get over in ECW. Tommy Rich got over again in ECW as an old fat Don when he had struggled to be relevant at all outside of a small stretch in the 1980s.

Steve Corino, Justin Credible, Jerry Lynn, Tommy Dreamer, Jason Knight, The Pitbulls, The Public Enemy, Mike Whipwreck, 911, Brian Lee, The Sandman, Shane Douglas, 2 Cold Scoprio...

That list is just a small sampling of the odd mismash of of style of workers that got over in ECW to varying degrees. Each one had things they brought to the table and each one had serious limitations elsewhere. Not all of them fit this ECW idea that they had to be edgy, dynamic on the mic, violent workers, etc.

I think that Dean Ambrose would have made it, no problem, in the original ECW. I think he would have been the type of Talent that WWE might pass on in the mid to late 90's. However, he would have been the exact kinda off the wall, unique, guy that Paul Heyman would swoop right up and be able to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back