comparing 1989 and 1999 to 2009(not my idea)

Saritafan

TNA FIRE ORLANDO JORDAN HE SUCKS
okay guys,i found this old thread from a few months ago and it didn't get many replies,i'm hoping this time it does.Once again,this is not my thread,i'm just recopying it,credit goes to BLADE

this is comparing 1989 wrestling to todays 2009 wrestling

Fans in 1989: You couldn't get enough of the top face
Fans in 2009: You wish the top face would go away!

Fans in 1989: You were always on the edge of your seat
Fans in 2009: You start chanting "boring!" at the first sign of an overly long sleeper hold

Fans in 1989: You loved seeing a wrestler's signature moves
Fans in 2009: You think a wrestler's signature moves are the only ones he has

Fans in 1989: You watching every single wrestling promotion you could find
Fans in 2009: You watch one promotion and argue with anyone who watches a different one.

Fans in 1989: Blood in gimmick matches was so gory you could barely look
Fans in 2009: Blood in gimmick matches is hoped for

Fans in 1989: The minutes went by so slowly the day your favourite wrestling show was on tv
Fans in 2009: You can just read the spoilers, what's the big deal?

Fans in 1989: When something you disliked happened, you blamed it on the heel
Fans in 2009: When something you dislike happens you blame it on creative...

Fans in 1989: When an angle ended, you felt closure and looked forward to the next one
Fans in 2009:When an angle ends, you talk about how you would've booked it

Fans in 1989: You never wanted the current wrestlers to leave
Fans in 2009:You can't wait for the young wrestlers to be pushed

Fans in 1989: After a wrestling show, you would call your best friends to talk about it
Fans in 2009: After a wrestling show, you go online and talk to people you barely know about it.

now lets move onto comparing 1999 wrestling to todays 2009 wrestling,this credit goes to miroa12004

1999:You cheered for whoever badass wrestler you think whether he was a face or heel
2009:You can't stand how good the faces are, and how cowardly the heels are.

1999:Crowd goes nuts whenever a theme music hits
2009:Crowd goes nuts for main event faces

1999:You brought whatever sign you wrote to the arena with you knowing the WWE respets freedom of speech and won't do anything to you if your sign even mentioned the competition.
2009:If your sign didn't like the WWE, it'll get confisticated

1999:You see thousands of middle fingers when the top face enters
2009:You can see bitches and stupid kids doing five knuckle shuffles when the top face enters

1999:You can switch the channel when you think the show isnot good
2009:The only thing you can do when the show sucks is to Go to sleep

1999:Rock vs HHH could've been done 1000 times yet still every feud of them was new to us.
2009:Feuds become boring to death even if its the first time they have been done (Hardy vs Hardy- booking the feud towards wrestlemania was awful- not the Hardyz fault though)

1999:The Undercard title meant something
2009:The undercard titles are like toys

1999ivas were so hot, and were allowed to show their bodies
2009ivas are hot but not allowed to show their bodies(aside from some rare bikini contests)

1999:Matches were so intense even if the feud wasnot based on a personal issue.
2009:Matches look so boring even when the feud is built on supposdly one man knocking the other's family out.

1999:Fans kept a match between Viscera and Val Venis alive by their reaction to every move
2009:Fans sleep during the main event of WrestleMania

1999:99% of PPVs worthed watching and yet they were cheap
2009:pPVs are so expensive when 99% of them are DUD PPVs.

1999:You don't stop counting the hours waiting for any wrestling show to start, and you act to every match as if your cousin was the one who was wrestling
2009:You just flip through the channels, find RAW, and say,"OH its RAW lets see if something new happened from last month." and you find how uterly boring the show was you tell yourself "DAMMIT, I wasted two hours of my life when I had the chance to watch a movie." and promise yourself not to watch that crap again.

1999:You got excited when they announce a new show "SD" will start airing
2009:You just cry when you know that the WWE thinks of doing a new show

all i have to say is,it's a SHAME what wrestling has become

once again,this is NOT my thread,i'm just recopying it

your thoughts?

89 = little to no internet and ever fewer extreme/action sports
99 = internet starts to grow (still more dial-up than cable), numerous high paced sports channels
09 = everything is on demand, get it when you want it

People just dont wait for things anymore. There is no way the 80's product would succeed in todays market.

On the talent end of things, in the 80's there were still smaller promotions with TV tapings that basically worked as a minor leagues for the WWF. On the other hand, the 90's was a once in a lifetime abundance of In Ring/Mic talent.

Id just like to say. This kinda made me sad. It is all so true.

1999: When the excitement was at a all time high
2009: Wishing something exciting would happen

Id just like to say. This kinda made me sad. It is all so true.

1999: When the excitement was at a all time high
2009: Wishing something exciting would happen

i'm sorry,i didn't mean to make you sad.TBH,it made me sad also posting this because it's so true:(

Its the same old complaint, wrestling sucks compared to yesteryear, however u've presented it in a cool way so props to you (or whoever u copied). I agree with everything u sed.

1999: RAW was actually the definition of the word raw!

2009: huge crowds, sparkly stages, celebrity appearances every week, every word and movement scripted and forced, shud be called 'over cooked'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back