World Title Reigns Shorter Than Sheamus'

I have most of those, I'm not doing the AWA, Russo held it for a week, and Arquette was for about 10 days.

Speaking of Batista, if Sheamus lasts through next week he tops The Animal's 2008 title reign.

People are still hating on this guy? For whatever reason, the WWE is putting their money on him at the moment. I don't know that it's right, but it's interesting to find people are literally counting the days until he loses the belt. I'd say he's definitely a lock until Jan. 4 -- possibly until Royal Rumble.

This may be my favorite thread ever. Ok, not ever, but recently. Ok, today, considering it is 5 in the morning.

And yes, WCW for some reason had some pretty short ones. Interesting, considering the names of some guys that had such reigns.

That's the point I'm getting at also. A lot of major guys that are known as former multi0time world champions have a lot of reigns that just flat out sucked.

It is a Hogan like syndrome (people remember the charisma, not the in ring work). In this case, people usually remember the initial moment of the title win, rather than the reign itself. Normally I'd say that it is a lack of faith from the company to keep a champion on top, but in the case of a Hogan or a Savage, I'm confused.

Well in WCW the title was completely dead by early 1999 so they just threw it all over the place. Look at WCW and see how many of these are in 2000.

More like trying to keep the title on the people in charge. Notice a lot of them are very old guys who didn't need titles. Jarrett got in there once the others had left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back