Coming Soon To A Cinema Near You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that tells you how much they love making that money as the figure the rest of teh world wont mind that the conmcpet is broken and now we have to flims such crap. Like Prax said they just killed the concept and it was a fucking good movie i mean if you like cheezy 80's style movies lol

Personally I feel the worst about Johnny Depp's career out of the whole thing. It's well known he never does the same role more than once, and that's what makes him such a good actor. Somehow he got stuck in this contract or they wooed him with money and how he's stuck doing the same role like three times. It kills a little bit of his credibility.

Well I saw Grindhouse and let me tell you, it was well worth the money. Have some drinks before you go because that's truly the way to enjoy it best is in a buzzed mood. If you love cheezy old 70s and 80s gorey as all hell midnight movies, you will absolutely love this movie.

The first film was the better IMO, which was a surprise considering the second one was from one of my favorite directors of all time, Tarantino. It might have partly to do with the fact that people get tired by that point in the film. Just too much dialogue, even for a Quentin movie.

The first film was balls-out awesome though, Planet Terror. Totally classic zombie/alien movie that any horror fan will fall in love with. I sure as hell did.

Second film has a few good scenes and some good dialogue, but overall it was just boring. The ending also came out of seemingly nowhere and didn't make all that much sense. At the same time though it was a pretty damn good ending in the style of the old female exploitation films like Foxy Brown where you'd see the girls get revenge on the guys.

If you're a fan of Rodriguez, Tarantino, or cheesy horror films, definately check it out.

I too am very excited for Spiderman 3 Prax, you're not the only Spidey fanboy here. :D

That sux ass, I saw grindhouse a few weeks ago and it was amazing. Jake and everyone oversees, skip teh movie and wait for the DVD. There is no point. The whole point is a crappy double feature that is edited to hell and back, boycott that movie.

Spiderman 3 looks fucking amazing. I saw the new spot for Venom, my god, the cgi looks awesome. I'm glad to see that others were disapointed with Spiderman 2. With the exception of Norman in the mirror, I thought it was a lackluster.

X, I have a special connection with the Spider-Man movies. The first one came out on the day of my birthday and it was a little while after I started my first job at a movie theatre, so it was one of the first really busy movies I had to work, and I got to see it for free that same night, so it's kind of like a staple in my memory.

This one comes out the day after my birthday and lemme tell ya, I'll be waiting in line to go see it alright :D

ummm Prax, earlier when you said that they are forcing Johnny Depp into this character you are completely wrong. It is actually Johnny Depp who doesn't want to leave the character... He refuses to get out of costume after shoots are finished for the day. He loves being Jack Sparrow... but... there is more news for people who love bad news... (cudos for anyone who can tell me where I ripped that off of) Apparently Johnny Depp is pushing for a 4th installment into the Pirates of the Caribbean series.

The Simpsons Movie... will be one of the biggest letdowns in cinema history. It seems to have blunter comedy than Looney Toons, judging from the trailer and the scene they put on the Season 9 DVD (last great season BTW). It'll appeal to anybody that enjoyed any of the "(insert genre here) movies".

I doubt Spider-Man 3 will be the the sort of thing that will change your life, but I should be one of the better superhero movies. Although I've been impressed by the X-Men Trilogy more, Venom was always my favourite comic book villain and I can't wait to see him up on the big screen. As for the Sandman? His GFX bits look like they've been ripped straight from the Mummy Returns. Then again, it could turn out to be another "Superman Returns". *Vomits*

As for Grindhouse, that's being directed by two main directors and a few others that are making trailers. Sure, it'll be original, but if you just look at the movie formula and say "let's just f*ck about with it, twist it out of shape and take a big turd on it", it's bound to be original. It'll get ridiculously good reviews for what really is just a lazy attempt. There's a reason they were called B-Movies!

As for Pirates 3? It could go either way. To be honest, they totally overexposed Cap'n Sparrow in the last movie, as good as it was, let's hope they tone it down a bit this time.

I doubt Shrek 3 will be any good. Not because I'm not a fan of Shrek or anything, it's just that Dreamworks can't possibly continue with this amazing streak (two very good movies in one series is an incredible achievement, just look at The Matrix and LOTR). I'm praying it'll be as good as the last two but the edition of Justin Timberlake as some little gay prince or something worries me.

Isn't a Batman Begins sequel coming out as well? I think it's called The Dark Knight or something like that. I hope it's a little less dark than the last one, there was about two minutes of footage shot during the daytime! Still, should be fairly decent and would hopefully be part of a superhero trilogy like most superhero films these days.

I just remembered Live Free, Die Hard LMAO. If Rocky Balboa is anything to go on, this second "dig up an old franchise" should be crap. Then again, I'd love to see another Alien movie if the production team learned not to make it into a crude action movie (I'm not talking about Aliens, which ruled, I'm talkinga bout AVP, which sucked).

Nice Modest Mouse reference there DC.

I too am looking forward to Live Free or Die Hard. It's not going to be a good movie, not a chance in hell, but it'll be awesome for what it is--a film that you chomp popcorn to and have fun as hell watching all of the explosions and gunfights.

ummm Prax, earlier when you said that they are forcing Johnny Depp into this character you are completely wrong. It is actually Johnny Depp who doesn't want to leave the character... He refuses to get out of costume after shoots are finished for the day. He loves being Jack Sparrow... but... there is more news for people who love bad news... (cudos for anyone who can tell me where I ripped that off of) Apparently Johnny Depp is pushing for a 4th installment into the Pirates of the Caribbean series.

Ok this is where I need a news source. Don't get me wrong, DC, it's not that I don't believe you, it's just that I've been getting conflicting reports about this. I think it's pretty common knowledge that Depp doesn't like playing the same role twice, I've never seen him do it before this trilogy, although maybe because it's a sequel it's different? I don't know...

Still seems weird, but I'd like to see where you saw that, because however much he loves the character, that just doesn't seem like Depp to me.

Another movie I'm looking forward to is 1408, the horror movie based on the Stephen King novel. It stars John Cusack and Samuel L Mutherfuckin Jackson. It's about a ghosthunter (or something) who's daughter dies and he stops believing in ghosts as a result. He's told to go to this hotel, specifically to room 1408, and all this crazy shit starts happening.

I haven't read the novel yet, but I'm a BIG stephen King fan, and an even BIGGER Samuel L. Jackson fan (he's my favorite actor), so i'm there for this movie. Plus they always do good jobs with his novels so I know going in that I won't be disappointed.

Well it's not actually a novel Prax, its a short story about ten or twenty pages long. It's in Different Seasons I think...maybe not. Actually I think it's in one of his latest books.

Great story though, when I read it I was geniunely creeped out for the first time in a long time. I too think the movie is going to be fuckin' awesome, hopefully they don't take yet another King story and shit all over it. However I think they'll do good on this one, the trailer looks creepy as hell with the guy's dead daughter coming back and whatnot.

The story is truly horrifying, so I too am looking forward to this.

AND IT'S SAMUEL MOTHERFUCKIN' JACKSON!

Thanks X, I wasn't sure.

But I just looked at my bookshelf and I actually have the book of short stories it's in, I just never got around to reading it, lol.

It's in Everything's Eventual.

And I know what I'm reading next :) Does anyone know when it's coming out?

PS: 600th post bitches!!!!

Thanks X, I wasn't sure.

But I just looked at my bookshelf and I actually have the book of short stories it's in, I just never got around to reading it, lol.

It's in Everything's Eventual.

And I know what I'm reading next :) Does anyone know when it's coming out?

PS: 600th post bitches!!!!

This is off the Empire website

RELEASED TBC
CAST John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson, Mary McCormack
DIRECTOR Mikael Håfström

So it's probably not been set yet.

Just checked it on IMDB, they're saying July 13th.

I only saw the preview like the other day, but it looks damn good. Can't find a poster for it though.

Apparently the trailers out. So try You Tube. I read it years ago I think. Can't remember much about it though.

I'm looking forward to Live Free or Die Hard, I'm a big Die Hard fan, and I was looking at the cast for this one and appearently Kevin Smith has a small role in it aswell, to other movies I'm looking forward to are, trnasformers, I Was a huge Transformers fan when I was a kid and with the way it looks in the trailer this movie is going to be fucking insane, a must see in the theater, and also want to see Pirates 3: at Worlds End, just watch the trailer for it and it looks like it could be just as good as the first two, I'll probably go see Spider-Man 3 this weekend, if I can hit an early afternoon show I'll only have to pay $4.50, also want to see Hot Fuzz, that shit just looks hilarious

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/15/war-movie-trailer-jason-statham-vs-jet-li/#more-2640

WAR

Starring Jason Statham and Jet Li.
In theatres September 14, 2007.

I think that's all I got to say, lol. I think Statham is incredibly underrated as an action star and could be the next Bruce Willis (and I'm not saying that because he's bald). I disliked him a little bit... then I saw Crank, which was one of the most badass movies of all time. Just fucking ridiculous.

And now we're gonna get Statham vs. Jet Li.... I just wet my pants.

BTW, didn't Jet Li retire or something? oh well...

transformersoptimus.jpg

total spam but I don't care... fucking Transformers!!!!

Transformers looks Freaking awesome. Ive seen the Trailer and I am waiting Eagerly for the release of the Movie even though Michael Bay is directing it, hopefully with Steven Spielberg as Producer it prevents the crapness of the Director affecting the movie too much. But it looks freakin Awesome, this is the Geeky fanboy coming out in me here, something I try not to let out too often, unless it is for movies that could be Great.

All I can say is that the last 2 years have been an exiting year for us maiesiophiliacs.

First Apocalypto, then Knocked Up, then Waitress, and now the Brothers Solomon

Waitress Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/waitress/trailer/

Brothers Solomon Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBbwloUTcww

Its kind of sad that the greatest pregnancy film of all time is Gingerale Afternoon, a film that was made in 1989.

Since then there have only been films that touch on the pregnant theme, or that have a pregnant theme but were poorly done. Look Who's Talking, Father of the Bride Part 2, Nine Months, The Paper, Cheaper By the Dozen 2, Blessed, Corn, Sugar and Spice, Saved, Topless Womens Talk About Their Lives, and Home Fries are just a few of the films that come to mind.

Although all of those films had their moments, the scenes were either really short, poorly done, or the scenes were really good, but their weren't enough of them

From what I've heard form some of the guys on Expansionmansion, and the CheviotsPlace Forum Movie section, Knocked Up seems to have taken Gingerale Afternoon's place as the top maiesiophiliac film.

From what i've seen and heard about Waitress, it has its moments, but its not worth pissing over. Nonetheless it is still a movie with a pregnant theme and the scenes that the movie does have should at least be viewed.

Now, the Brothers Solomon moive has alot of potential. After viewing the Trailer, I can conclude that this movie is a comedy, like Knocked Up. And, the scenes have potential, but I don't expect (even though I'm hoping) them to be as creative as Gingerale Afternoon or Knocked up. However, with any luck, it should be done to the same caliber as Blessed, Topless Women talk about their lives, or Sugar and Spice. All those movies are favorites, and if the Brothers Solomon proves to be as good as those, then this year will prove to be one of the most successful for the maiesiophiliac community.

I'm a big genre geek, so I've seen two trailers recently that have piqued my interest a bit.

The first is for 30 Days of Night. It's based on a graphic novel and has vampires. I love vampires...they're such snappy dressers.

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/486/486900/vids_1.html

The second is for the first Will Smith film I've been remotely intrigued to see since Ali. It's called "I Am Legend." It's a post-apocalyptic tale of a dude living in New York.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegend/large.html

I'm dorking out pretty heavy duty. And yes, I'm stoked like a mutha to go see Transformers, man. Peter Cullen is voicing Optimus! $hit yeah!

I doubt I Am Legend will be as good as The Omega Man. Will Smith has dubious quality controll when it comes to roles. I cant wait for 30 Days Of Night. Comic book movie + vampire movie = happy Jake.

silverposter3.jpg
So I hated the first movie, but I have to admit, my interest has been piqued for this movie. The Silver Surfer looks amazing.

I already have a few problems with this movie though.
1. It looks like and sounds like that the Surfer has been given Galactus' power to eat planets, which I just scratch my head at. I would love to see a cameo of the big man at the end, or at least being mentioned, but I think they aren't going to go that way.

2. More corny dialog. This crippled the first movie and made it nearly impossible to watch. Hopefully all of the bad one liners have been reserved for the theatrical trailers.

3. I'm just not sold on Lawrence Fishburne as the voice of the Surfer. It doesn't sound menacing enough. The "Your World is at an End" line comes off rather smurfish to me.

Since I have very low expectations, this movie might surprise me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back