• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk vs Triple H Wrestlemania 30

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
It would make a great match for WrestleMania 30 with Triple H being the Corporate Evil COO of the company authoritarian figure of the WWE much like how Vince was in the Attitude Era and Punk being the Anti-Hero who stands up to authority disrespects authority at every turn like how Austin did in the Attitude Era with Punk becoming our era's Austin building up HHH/Punk again but this time doing it right because you can base it off of the fact that Triple H beat Punk at Night of Champions 2011 but that Triple H somehow thinks he is better than The Best In The World but Punk acting more or less like his 2011 self brings up Triple H's family in the feud disrespecting Triple H's manhood disrespecting Triple H's wife making this feud personal but this time with Triple H as a heel in this feud and Punk being the babyface anti-hero

These 2 could put on a real classic like NOC 2011

They already fought each other once, nothing to gain from another match between them. The fans prefer CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania 30 for the WWE Championship.

i would love to c the match. lots more than Punk/Brayn. HHH is a great heal. this could b the fav match of the night.

I don't see either of these scenarios happening. I've thought for months and still think that WrestleMania 30 will end with Daniel Bryan as WWE Champion and CM Punk as World Heavyweight Champion.

But if it did happen, I doubt it would be that great of a match. Big fan of both of guys, but they simply don't mesh with each other. They've never had chemistry and I doubt they ever will.

I can totally see that happening, would be epic. Though at the moment, i would like to see it being DB and Triple H going at it (With how things are going right now.) at WM, with DB wanting revenge. But Punk vs HHH at WM would still be awesome.

It would make a great match for WrestleMania 30 with Triple H being the Corporate Evil COO of the company authoritarian figure of the WWE much like how Vince was in the Attitude Era and Punk being the Anti-Hero who stands up to authority disrespects authority at every turn like how Austin did in the Attitude Era with Punk becoming our era's Austin building up HHH/Punk again but this time doing it right because you can base it off of the fact that Triple H beat Punk at Night of Champions 2011 but that Triple H somehow thinks he is better than The Best In The World but Punk acting more or less like his 2011 self brings up Triple H's family in the feud disrespecting Triple H's manhood disrespecting Triple H's wife making this feud personal but this time with Triple H as a heel in this feud and Punk being the babyface anti-hero

These 2 could put on a real classic like NOC 2011

I don't see this playing out for that long. WrestleMania used to be a culmination of everything that has happened within the year, but I am willing to argue that lately it's everything that has culminated a few months before it. I wouldn't mind seeing Daniel Bryan fight Triple H at WM 30, but I don't believe WWE will stretch their feud out that long.

I do see Daniel Bryan possibly winning the Royal Rumble this year due to his over-ness though and probably taking the title. Would be interesting that by that time, Triple H was holding it.

Maybe then can I see these two fighting. But if there isn't anything on the line, my belief is that the storyline will be dead by then.

I don't see either of these scenarios happening. I've thought for months and still think that WrestleMania 30 will end with Daniel Bryan as WWE Champion and CM Punk as World Heavyweight Champion.

But if it did happen, I doubt it would be that great of a match. Big fan of both of guys, but they simply don't mesh with each other. They've never had chemistry and I doubt they ever will.

Agreed. Especially the last part. I'm 95% sure Punk wrestles Cena since they seem to have the best chemistry together, and Bryan will be the guy facing HHH's representative, or HHH himself. Most likely the latter.

And I pray to god Bryan vs HHH doesn't happen. No superstar ever gets anything out of wrestling HHH. People throw names out there but those guys weren't made by HHH. Orton, for example, was seen as a future star but is wrongfully labelled as an HHH product when it was really Mick Foley who made the fucker. Also, Benoit was already made before WM20, Batista wasn't made until his match with 'Taker, and Cena was made when Kurt put him over.

It would make a great match for WrestleMania 30 with Triple H being the Corporate Evil COO of the company authoritarian figure of the WWE much like how Vince was in the Attitude Era and Punk being the Anti-Hero who stands up to authority disrespects authority at every turn like how Austin did in the Attitude Era with Punk becoming our era's Austin

You're dreaming. This is WWE booking we're talking about, and last time I checked it's been shit since 2003. Austin worked so well because he never, ever looked inferior to anyone else in his era. WWF pushed him so well, people legitimately thought he was the toughest motherfucker on the planet when in reality he was simply a bald headed Texan capable of beating up women.

The WWE missed their chance with Punk during the summer of 2011, when he could've been just as big as Austin, even exceeding Cena for christ's sake. But, what happened? He was on a roll until he lost a match. You guessed it, HHH at NOC 2011. The worst day in IWC history. After that, they tried building him up as the next Cena with the ridiculous year long title reign, and if ratings tell a story, that fucked up. Right now, Punk is this era's Bret Hart but he could've been Steve Austin. He has 2-3 years left in the WWE and it's safe to say he'll never reach his 2011 level peak again.

Bottom line, if WWE wants to make new stars, they need to keep HHH away from them as far as possible. Keep the guy out of the business altogether if I was Vince.

First, it depends on how long they intend to keep Punk as a face. I read that he prefers to work as a bad guy (as do most performers, because it's easier to make people hate you than like you) and that Punk's degree of creative control makes it likely he'll eventually get what he wants.

Meanwhile, if things continue as they've been, Triple H is going to be the most hated personality in WWE by the time WM30 rolls around, even if he doesn't wrestle a single match until then. Punk will face him only if Punk is still a good guy.

The second factor against Punk vs Triple H is John Cena. If he returns by the new year, it will be the perfect time to set up a program for Wrestlemania. I can just see the face of the company returning in time to take down the corporate evildoer. It could be a great program. Cena will have been gone for so long by then that even a lot of the boo-birds will be happy to see him, especially in the role of taking down the symbol of an evil empire.

Just one problem: as much a legend as is Triple H, do they want him headlining a Wrestlemania? He's got the rep, but do they want a once-a-year wrestler in the top spot? Of course, it worked for the Rock, but he was a visiting dignitary.....Triple H is a constant presence.

I suppose it all depends on how they present the concept of Triple H-Cena. An exciting enough program will bring 'em in.....and all the elements are there for the taking.

Of course, everything depends on where the storyline has brought the characters 7 months from now.....but as things stand, I would think Triple H will battle John Cena for control of WWE, sooner than C.M. Punk.

I'm not sure where Punk and Triple H stand for WM30 but this could be a good combination. It has intrigue for the fans and it would be of a high quality. Moreover, Punk is a top face and there needs to be other names challenging the McMahon regime.

I do, however, think that HHH will be face or about to turn face by WM30. He is loved by the fans and tension between him and Vince is something that has potential. Personally, I would prefer if a face HHH were to face someone like Wade Barrett or Ryback but if he is heel then the best option would be Punk. Ziggler is another option but HHH and Punk is more high-profile and fits better.

First, it depends on how long they intend to keep Punk as a face. I read that he prefers to work as a bad guy (as do most performers, because it's easier to make people hate you than like you) and that Punk's degree of creative control makes it likely he'll eventually get what he wants.

This is true except in Punk's case, because no matter what he did last time he was a heel the fans still chanted his name and supported him. From mocking the heart attack of Lawler to disrespecting the memory of Paul Bearer, to hanging out with Heyman, none of it turned the crowds on him for anything more than fleeting moments. So while he might like working heel he is a business man and WWE is a business, going against what a large portion of the fans want just seems pointless.

As for Punk vs Triple H, well Punk wants to headline Mania and win the WWE title again, those seeds are being planted, now Triple H this week called the WWE title his property and said Randy carried it for him, so it's not impossible that Bryan eventually beats Orton and Triple takes the old "If you want a job doing well, do it yourself" motto (I get the irony. :D) and ends up taking the belt off Bryan to set up a title match that is also for control of the company if Vince has turned face by then, as Triple H will remain heel IMO as look how well it's working.

Barring the above scenario I just don't see this match happening, however the beauty is that right now, unlike the last Mania, the possibilities for the grandest stage of them all seem wide open.

The only way that I would want to see this is if Punk gets the clean win. I see Punk staying face for a while, and I could see him interjecting himself into the Bryan/HHH Orton feud. I am an HHH fan, but he hurt Punk momentum the last time they squared off so this time Punk would need to win.

It would be awesome to Punk vs the endboss HHH at mania.

I honestly cant see punk turning heel as long as the corporation storyline is on.

If they somehow insert punk into that angle after he is done with heyman which I hope is after sunday.

This storyline should include Punk, because that would be best for business. They fucked up in 2011, they better do it right this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back