Unfinished Business At Wrestlemania XXX?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
For a while, there's been a lot of speculation as to what role, if any, Triple H will play at WrestleMania. Given that it's the 30th WrestleMania and Triple H is most certainly still able to go, it seems highly unlikely that he won't be involved in one of the top matches at the show.

As to who that opponent is, it's no secret that many people would like to see Daniel Bryan go after The Game in order to seek revenge for repeatedly screwing him out of the WWE Championship. There's also the hinting of Big Show vs. Triple H, given how WWE portrayed Show's life being made into a living hell by The Authority for weeks.

There seem to be affairs left unsettled with Trips, Bryan & Show. With the way Bryan's WWE Championship program came to an end, it left the door open for it to be picked back up. However, a report came out earlier this week or very late last week stating that early plans for Triple H at WrestleMania XXX have him going up against CM Punk.

As with Bryan, there's unfinished business between Trips & Punk going back to Night of Champions in 2011 right around the time Trips became an executive. They had a great no DQ match at the event with Trips pulling out the win due to massive interference from Kevin Nash. However, following this, Punk was moved back into the WWE Championship picture and would soon begin his 434 day run as WWE Champion while Trips & Nash feuded for a while.

We've seen hints of this taking place with Punk being targeted by The Authority due to some "negative" remarks made about Triple H's "creative" abilities with all the handicap matches. If this match goes down, then it could be very fitting. Triple H's power & influence have grown vastly in WWE as an executive in the 2 years since they faced each other and Punk is still the anti-corporate, anti-authority....well....Punk. So it makes sense as it's basically authority vs. rebellion.

It would surprise anyone if they just forgot about this and moved on. I'm not saying it will happen but it is a possibility.

Triple H can still wrestle and that is one of the things he has over Vince. (I think its a good thing) We know that at Wrestlemania he can have a match of high quality and while they might be looking for Lesnar, The Rock and Taker to steal the show; HHH will certainly have a solid match.

Triple H vs Bryan, as it stands, is the best option. I don't think Bryan features in a WWE Unified Title match and he is reputable to face the bigger part-timers. This would be a great match that would give us the logical ending to the feud: Bryan making Triple H tap out.

The game vs Punk is the other main option. I'm not overly keen on this. I think it is a waste of Punk and even if it is a great match, there is no need for it to happen. Triple H and The Big Show would be an awful decision so I'm not even contemplating that.

I wonder what the other options for Triple H are. If they don't go down the Punk/Bryan route they could have him team with someone. There are rumours of a Hogan/Cena teaming and Triple H wouldn't be horrible. I personally want Triple H to face The Rock (14 years to late). These two have put on some incredible matches and The Rock feuding with HHH/Steph would be entertaining.

If DB isn't in the title picture I would hope it would be him vs HHH to end the Authority storyline. Have Show get his revenge by taking out people interfering in the match, (example have him KO punch Kane at ringside) while HHH watches as he's trapped in the yes lock. 2 birds with 1 stone.

I believe it all depends on whether HBK and/or Stone Cold would participate in WM. If none of them commit, then I believe Punk has a bigger chance to battle HHH than Bryan does. Bryan should be in the title picture on WM, where he needs to look strong after that 18 second joke.

I hope they dont forget about the fact that Daniel Bryan got screwed over by Trips not once but what is it twice out of the WWE Title. Its embarrassing for someone that,has the ability of DB to have what i wouldnt count as reigns. The one thing though,that trips will always have over Vince is he will always be able to wrestle and thats a great thing. But i want this to happen at the RR!

Finally put this to bed Daniel Bryan can wrestle trips at say the opening bout,trips goes over,and Daniel Bryan enters the RR wins it and challenges the Undisputed Champion at WM! Just my thought

I'd rather DB beats HHH at EC and moves on to face Cena for the double straps. HHH vs Punk, sure. I don't know, HHH is and always was a secondary main eventer.

HHH vs Bryan is more likely to happen than bryan facing in a one on one match against someone for the unified title. If vince believes dbryan was the cause of the poor buyrates at summerslam (and to an extent, NOC and battleground also) what are the odds of bryan challenging for the title. Now theres always the possibility of a triple threat for the title match which could still invovle bryan but ill debate of that later.

As far as HHH vs bryan goes, if you're a bryan fan you should be worry about if hhh even thinks about putting him over or not considering how hhh and the mchamon views about bryan as a top guy. In the past, he beat a fully red hot cm punk who was emerging as a star, and orton at mania 25 when he was getting over as top heel. Of course he did put over cena, lesnar, and taker. However when think closely, nobody was going to break the streak. Cena was vince's next rock/austin in 2006. Lesnar was the guy wwe spent millions on to be that special attraction.

Based on how wwe handled (screwed) Bryan over that authority storyline making him looked like a wimp, im doubting it.

HHH vs Bryan is more likely to happen than bryan facing in a one on one match against someone for the unified title. If vince believes dbryan was the cause of the poor buyrates at summerslam (and to an extent, NOC and battleground also) what are the odds of bryan challenging for the title. Now theres always the possibility of a triple threat for the title match which could still invovle bryan but ill debate of that later.

As far as HHH vs bryan goes, if you're a bryan fan you should be worry about if hhh even thinks about putting him over or not considering how hhh and the mchamon views about bryan as a top guy. In the past, he beat a fully red hot cm punk who was emerging as a star, and orton at mania 25 when he was getting over as top heel. Of course he did put over cena, lesnar, and taker. However when think closely, nobody was going to break the streak. Cena was vince's next rock/austin in 2006. Lesnar was the guy wwe spent millions on to be that special attraction.

Based on how wwe handled (screwed) Bryan over that authority storyline making him looked like a wimp, im doubting it.
The government shutdown probably had more to do with it than that. I like how there are always these reports of net darlings being in Vince's doghouse. I chose the wrong career. I could be a dirt sheet writer. Make up some bullshit that loosely fits public perception of Vince (no matter how many times you've been proven wrong or Vince has given the ball to a smaller guy), base it on shoddy business logic the IWC would believe Vince would follow (despite being incredibly successful),perpetuate your "story". Viola "Vince thinks Daniel Bryan is the cause for low buy rates" is born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back