CM Punk - The New Leader of Nexus

Jackiz Kirey

Dark Match Winner
Edited by Slyfox696:

CM Punk puts on the Nexus armband, and raises his fist in salute to the Nexus gang. Nexus responds with a salute to Punk. What do you think will happen next week? How will Barrett respond to Punk and Nexus.

So on RAW we saw that CM Punk was the new leader of Nexus, what does everyone think.

I think it is a good way to keep nexus going and maybe to turn
Barrett face.. what are your thoughts

CM PUNK PUT ON HIS NEXUS ARMBAND AND RAISES HIS HAND UP. THE REST OF NEXUS ALSO DOES THAT. WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT WEEK? WHAT WILL BARRETT DO TO PUNK AND NEXUS?
Well, can't say I didn't see this one coming. Punk is going to come out next week and explain why he joined Nexus and all that stuff. I expect Barrett to be off Raw for a little while, and I think the reason this happened was to refresh the Cena-Nexus feud and give Punk a fresh start coming off of an injury. Hopefully this turns out to be good.

I'm not too sure on this yet. In other interviews, and the plotline about Nexus, it was all about how the NXT rookies were treated like animals, and mistreated. I would think that this goes against the whole concept and WWE seems to just be living in a brain fart and forgetting about what they initially thought. I mean, maybe this could be good, since he was the winner of Season 1, and maybe this catapult him to bigger and better feuds and hopefully escalate him to a title belt win. I'm still on the fence about this, I like the concept of Nexus, but as much as I like Punk, him as the leader, I'm still torn, he's great as a singles himself. I'm still not sure on this yet. I may have to wait before issuing judgement, I'm a self admitted Barrett mark, I have been since day one on NXT.

Im skeptical at this move and I want to know a explanation as to why Punk is now the leader in Nexus, will this lead to Barrett as a face possibly but Im not sure how Barrett would work as a face I mean his promos as a heel were aswesome and he has it but ill give it a shot and see.

Yea i thought th whole Nexus angle was about Season 1 NXT rookies??..Punk is an established superstar. I dont really think he needs Nexus. Of course i was actually one of the first people to say there is no higher power behind Nexus, I could be wrong. it culd have been in WWE's mind this whole time to have Nexus be led by Punk...

Poster "Saucey J" said to keep Barrett off tv for a while. Why? Is he injured? Did i Miss soemthing?

In regards to tonights events CM as a nexus member/leader does have a few angles with could be quite interesting. Maybe nexus will be sporting straight edge life styles for a while now CM Punk is in the picture.

this is definately a shocker to stir things up on raw.

punk back on the scene & has a new band of rebels to fight for the cause. this breathes life into the nexus storyline & puts a new man on the mic to spearhead the revolution. the nexus just started a new fire on raw, & i dont think cena is ready for the straight edge nexus.

barrett is gonna be pissed, but this is for the best. he is most prepared out of the group to handle things as a singles wrestler. i just hope wwe dosent try to pair him with cena to take down the nexus& punk. that would be a waste in my opinion. let barrett go after danielson, or (fingers crossed) win the rumble & beat miz for the title.

It makes perfect sense. Punk has beef with Cena so he created a group of Rookies while he was a pro on season 1 of NXT to form together to take down John Cena and the WWE. The beef? The fact that John Cena is the star of WWE when he thinks he should be. Remember when Punk was "scouting" Daniel Bryan on Raw one night like a month or so ago for his "group"? Maybe he was looking to bring him back into Nexus. Food for thought...

Without Barrett, who would guide the Nexus? Punk makes a perfect leader for them at this point. He's got the gift of gab. He knows how to take what is going on and twist it to make his points and views valid. Maybe he said something to Nexus that they needed to hear. Punk wouldn't use them the way Barrett used them or something.

He had some practice being a cultish leader with the SES and with the Nexus needing guidance, he fit himself into the hole that Barrett left.

I'm interested in where he takes the Nexus and what will happen when Barrett returns. Will the Nexus accept Barrett back? Will Punk's Nexus make Barrett ask Cena for help?

I am looking very forward to this new spin the WWE put on the Nexus/Cena feud.

It makes perfect sense. Punk has beef with Cena so he created a group of Rookies while he was a pro on season 1 of NXT to form together to take down John Cena and the WWE. The beef? The fact that John Cena is the star of WWE when he thinks he should be. Remember when Punk was "scouting" Daniel Bryan on Raw one night like a month or so ago for his "group"? Maybe he was looking to bring him back into Nexus. Food for thought...

that could make sense. Punk also had beef with Taker on Smackdown, so that's how they can explain the Taker attack?

this is more about Nexus than Punk. Nexus can't be disbanded just yet because it's too early to just throw the angle away and they needed refreshment in the angle. i don't think Barrett is gone either, he'll be in the group. they may try to mini swerve it as "this guy took my spot!" with him & Punk, but remember Punk was very sympathetic about Cena's post match attack on Wade at TLC. i think with Wade coming back and joining and Punk leading, this group should be dominating most of the whole (hopefully if it's done right).

Why not. The boys in Nexus weren't getting the job done by themselves. They went to a 2 time world champ who has a common enemy. PUNK worked with all these guys in season one. He only hated his rookie. I think this is a good way to build interest in the Nexus. If they didn't do this, every young man in Nexus would have been well wished because creative would never know how to build these guys individually.

I like the move and I loved Punks promos all night long. What a way to get him in a big big program.

Well Punk as Nexus leader wasn't much of a shock thought it might of been Otunga but suspicions of CM also , hopefully Wade will get a large push and have big performance's at Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania, if he does not remain as part of the Nexus, if he leaves Nexus which I think he will, he should become WWE Champion at I hope Elimination Chamber or Wrestlemania 27 but that's doubtful, but before Summerslam or at Summerslam he should become champ in my opinion. :)

Well, Barret is dead, so I dont think he will do a damn fucking thing.

I dont even know what to say at this point, really. Its like Nexus, but better. Becuase you know, CM Punks matches aren't sleeping pills. Hopefully this becomes SES Deluxe, and Punk can get into the ME scene through it. I have a hard time understanding how exactly this will be booked, and hopefully they dont botch it. Whatever happens, I am just excited. WWE managed to smash together my favorite angle, my two favorite wrestlers into a WWE Burrito of sorts.

People seem so joyous about all of this. But one question. WHY does CM Punk need The Nexus? Unlike The Nexus, Punks shown the ability to handle Cena by himself. The entire night showed Punk seemengly manipulating other heels into doing his bidding. But at the end of the night, Nexus did it. First off, it's no confirmation that he indeed is a member and may have just shown that he approves. If he indeed is later announced as Wade Barrett's replacement, then by God, Punk just bought himself a 2-wheel tricycle. They just seem like dead weight for Punk to carry. Which, unlike Wade Barrett, Punk doesn't need.

To me right now this makes little sense. When Nexus debuted Punk was one of the People that received the Massive Beatdown from Nexus now all of a sudden he is the Leader. The Nexus was Formed because they felt like they were treated badly on Season 1 of NXT which Punk was a Pro on so wouldn't he be part of the reason why they were mistreated and Formed Nexus in the First Place. Right now it doesn't make sense to me but all will be forgiven if they give a Good Explanation as to why Punk is the Leader and if it makes Compelling TV.

I love the idea of cm punk leading the nexus now but im just wondering, does this mean that we are gonna see punk vs taker at wrestlemania? Punk could have told them to attack undertaker or whatever. its also possible this could be a buildup to a punk vs cena match at wrestlemania which could also be very good. what do you guys think?

I think this could be really fresh for the angle. During the Survivor Series promo, Wade Barrett talks about a higher power..."all part of a bigger picture". This could be what he was referring to. I'm personally stoked for what might come next. I imagine this will all lead to a CM Punk vs Cena match a mania and I'm looking forward to some great promos between the two. Both are great on the Mic and now that the road to Wrestlemania is right around the corner. This angle has the potential to bring out some of punks best work yet.

I'm not sure whats to become of Wade Barrett though. If he will return in a few weeks and join the crusade or if something else will happen. I really can't be sure. I was disappointed to see Nexus and cena still go at it but once I realized that punk was about to join them, all sorts of possibilities weaved into my head. I'm sure this will be a great angle..or I at least hope it will be.

People seem so joyous about all of this. But one question. WHY does CM Punk need The Nexus? Unlike The Nexus, Punks shown the ability to handle Cena by himself. The entire night showed Punk seemengly manipulating other heels into doing his bidding. But at the end of the night, Nexus did it. First off, it's no confirmation that he indeed is a member and may have just shown that he approves. If he indeed is later announced as Wade Barrett's replacement, then by God, Punk just bought himself a 2-wheel tricycle. They just seem like dead weight for Punk to carry. Which, unlike Wade Barrett, Punk doesn't need.

i don't think this is about Punk, it's about Nexus. a "big storyline" that was supposed to shake the WWE foundations and it went stale, really fast. Punk brings someone who can carry the group, good ring skills, and good mic skills. Barrett still fits in Nexus as a 2nd tier guy because Punk was really sympathetic with what Cena did to Wade at TLC. the fact he didn't throw Wade under the bus makes me to think that Wade will in fact be a part of this Nexus.

i think Punk also tried to recruit Sheamus in their promo, which would be interesting. this could also mean a HHH return to feud with Sheamus. with Punk/Sheamus, that would make the Nexus a huge credible group and even with RAW's 2 major names, they wouldn't be able to beat them easily.

I was hoping the WWE Creative Team would end the Nexus story by making David Otunga the centre of attention which would result in the other members turning on one another. However, I do believe Wade Barrett has the potential to have a successful singles career. The Nexus story was great while it lasted but now it's beginning to drag on. It was one of the better storylines written in years and I hope the WWE writers come up with something that will grab us by surprise again.

CM Punk is a very talented wrestler/entertainer, both in the ring and on the mic. But I'm not sure if this is the right move for the WWE to take. Punk is capable of having a great rival with Cena without the Nexus behind him. Punk's talent alone has proven this in the past on many occasions. I guarantee Barrett will be absent from Raw for a couple of weeks before they make him return. It will make the fans suspicious as well as give the Creative Team more time to figure out what to do next. There are two likely possibilities that can come out of what happened tonight on Raw:

1.) Barrett returns and has a feud against Otunga, causing Nexus to fall apart or
2.) Barrett returns and has a feud against Punk, which will also be the beginning of the end for the Nexus

After all is said and done, Barrett can finish what he started with Cena or let bygones be bygones and turn face. What do you think?

So this does bring some new life to the Nexus/Cena feud, the problem is it is still the Nexus/Cena feud!!!! It's going on six months now!!!! Time for something new!!!

To me right now this makes little sense. When Nexus debuted Punk was one of the People that received the Massive Beatdown from Nexus now all of a sudden he is the Leader. The Nexus was Formed because they felt like they were treated badly on Season 1 of NXT which Punk was a Pro on so wouldn't he be part of the reason why they were mistreated and Formed Nexus in the First Place. Right now it doesn't make sense to me but all will be forgiven if they give a Good Explanation as to why Punk is the Leader and if it makes Compelling TV.

But you know right there, that's something Punk can weave so well into his promos. Punk tried to save Cena that night. Do any of you recall Cena ever thanking CM Punk and SES for trying to save him? no, of course not. Punk is calling out Cena for being thankless, rude, uncaring, and that's something right there that he can add to why he felt Nexus should attack Cena.

How do I feel about it all, I love the twist. At first I thought the same old finish by nexus and then CM Punk attacking Cena and showing himself as the new leader of nexus, awesome. Is CM Punk the man who has been controlling nexus all along, or just the Count Dooku, the one before the chosen one. CM Punk doesn't need a stable, but it allows him more mic time, which is usually quite entertaining. I hope they don't give this one away too quickly and they take this to wrestlemania. Punk and Cena just got more interesting.

Reactions: Lee
i don't think this is about Punk, it's about Nexus. a "big storyline" that was supposed to shake the WWE foundations and it went stale, really fast. Punk brings someone who can carry the group, good ring skills, and good mic skills. Barrett still fits in Nexus as a 2nd tier guy because Punk was really sympathetic with what Cena did to Wade at TLC. the fact he didn't throw Wade under the bus makes me to think that Wade will in fact be a part of this Nexus.

i think Punk also tried to recruit Sheamus in their promo, which would be interesting. this could also mean a HHH return to feud with Sheamus. with Punk/Sheamus, that would make the Nexus a huge credible group and even with RAW's 2 major names, they wouldn't be able to beat them easily.
My main concern to all of this. In the end Nexus is nothing but something for CM Punk to carry and it may potentially have Sheamus carrying them too. No. WWE dropped it with these guys and now to keep them relevant they basically just swap the leader and hit "Refresh"? NO. I get that Punk was manipulating people into attacking Cena, but there is ZERO gain for Punk if he becomes their leader. When he had the SES, it worked, because it was developed especially for him. It was a group tailor-made to suit his character. The Nexus was built for a totally different purpose that at this point has ended. If WWE's idea is to reheat the group by exchanging Wade Barrett with CM Punk, then unfortunately, WWE may very well already mess up a perfectly good feud.

It makes sense to me now but I must admit I thought he was gonna be named as the gm at first. I don't know where its going at the moment with regards to mania. I do think Barrett will probably win the rumble now and will headline wrestlemania for the smackdown championsship because there is no one really there at the moment. The other thing with Punk as the leader of Nexus it byes time because Cena is probably headlining mania for raw.

"IF" Barrett happens to come back next week then he's going to give some boring speech on how he is the leader of Nexus blah blah. Then Nexus comes out attacks Barrett and then he's gone for a month or 2 and returns as a singles wrestler.

Or Cm Punk will just allow him into Nexus as a back up leader....:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back