CM Punk says Steve Austin is a bigger star than Hogan

TheGreatLegend

The Cerebral Assasin
CM Punk stopped by Mix 106.1 in Philadelphia for a “CM Punk Christmas” with Brian Soscia of The Soscia Network and he said the following about Hulk Hogan .... And I Quote - “Who would I like at Wrestlemania this year? I’ll explain it to you like this. Steve Austin, the biggest star in the wrestling business, period. Bigger than Hulk Hogan by a landslide.

:lol: :lmao:

You know, for someone who's been so critical of part timers like The Rock, he sure is quite the kiss ass for Steve Austin, isn't he?

So, like no. I could write you a four page essay about how Stone Cold's abilities run fifty million rings around Hogan's. Quite frankly, they do, and no right minded man can disagree with me. However, as a star, Hulk Hogan is the biggest. Fuck, he was so popular that they almost named the Sun Hulk Hogan's playground for severely muscled up men. They almost did, I swear. The closest Stone Cold got with regards to any space matter was a comet.

Sounds like someone is starting his road to Wrestlemania. A Punk/Austin match has been rumored for a while now, looks like Punk might have just started laying the groundwork for it officially.

Oh great. Now both of the WWE's biggest stars can be made like total geeks when they get half of the reaction of their opponents at the biggest show of the year. While we're at it, let's go dig up Eddie's corpse to have a match with Rey Mysterio.

I'm sorry, I really hate the idea of Punk and Austin at Wrestlemania.

I would pay to see that match and not just stream it via internet like I always do.I agree it would be greatly overshadowed by Cena/Rock. If it happens why not wait until next year.

So Austin isn't bigger than Hogan?

Coz he left early? or didn't break all merch records? didn't play a pivotal role in WWE winning the Monday Night War?

I get it.

Without Hogan around to put WWE & wrestling in general on the map there would be no Austin to take to the next level after that. That said, I would rather watch Austin than Hogan on any given day, I've always just found Austin to be the more entertaining of the two.

I'm thinking that it might be an attempt to lure Austin out of retirement. There's little chance of a Punk/Austin match at Mania, of the likelihood of the match stealing away the thunder of Rock vs Cena.

That's what vince says, In reality, Hogan is the biggest star in westling history.

Austin sold more merchandise...which is what a lot of people will use to defend Punk. However, it's built upon a faulty premise. It assumes that the fanbases were equal. Austin was able to outsell Hogan in merchandise because he was enjoying the huge global empire that Hogan built. If the WWF hadn't been that big already, he never would have sold that many. Hogan helped transform a regional wrestling territory into a global empire, making it possible for guys like Austin. All Austin did was reap the benefits from the pro wrestling fanbase that Hogan built. If the WWF had already been as big when Hogan started out, this would not ever be an issue. If the WWF had been as built up when Hogan got there, rather than him having to grow it to that size, it would take the combined sales of Austin and the Rock to even come close. Austin's popularity, the fanbase Austin enjoyed, was only made possible because of Hogan's success in growing the fanbase to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back