CM Punk Gone From WWE - Keep It All Here

Is CM Punk right for leaving WWE?

• Yes, he saw his friend Bryan taking a backseat to a part timer and decided to leave.

• No, this wasn't punk's battle to fight and his fans deserve better.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Punk had every right to walk out on the WWE. It is pretty disrespectful when you work all year long for the fans and one guy does one match and obtains the main event at Wrestlemania. Honestly, how would you feel if you worked all year long, and you felt that you deserved a promotion, but somehow the guy that just started that day got the promotion you deserved? You would feel pretty un-happy yourself. Now, what if this was repeated over and over for a few years? Never getting that promotion, but the new guy that worked for a day or two comes in and gets it. The point is, it is unfair for other wrestlers to get passed by, just because a guy comes back for one match and gets to main event. It just is not logical, at all.

cm punk is great wrestler no doubt it. But leaving the company by own is not fair. Its wrestlemania season he is one of their top wrestler in wwe. He had more commitments. This walkout is definitely loss for wwe. He manipulated very well. He demand his thoughts by walkingout. Punk think wwe accept his thought bcoz they need him. Wwe easily make a star.

wwe survive most of their stars leaves company in past like hogan, austin, rock, batista, edge. They overcome very well. Superstars wont made wwe. Wwe made superstars.

At the very end of your rant you referenced Brock Lesnar, which is puzzling considering you're arguing against allowing wrestlers to rejoin the WWE if they've left mid career. Lesnar, just like Austin, was dealing with his own issues and decided to go. I can't speak for every single wrestling fan, but I know that I, as well as a large portion of fans are happy that Lesnar and Austin are back with the company, to whatever extent it may be. Austin owns up to the fact that walking out on the company was unprofessional. Lesnar is a money mark and now that management understands that its a lot easier to work with him. I'll be the first to say I don't agree with Punk's choice. Everyone is struggling in the WWE and the fans are clearly not happy. That being said, Punk is letting down the company that gave him so much before the WWE Network and with one more ppv to go before Wrestlemania XXX. This year's WM card is weak, and naturally WWE expected to rely on a fan favorite like Punk to boost the card up a bit. Facing Triple H might not exactly be main event caliber, nor is it a promotion from his match against Taker last year, but its a lot better than the countless superstars that stick with the WWE despite being punished for getting themselves over, being lied to about being the next face of the company, or having an overall rocky relationship with management. The number of superstars that have walked out of the company mid career are far and few, and for a good reason. Regardless of whether you're a main eventer or a mid carder, you don't want to be known as the guy who took his ball and went home with it. That being said, if Punk were to come back next week or next year I would hope Vince would do the right thing and welcome him back with open arms. Superstars that have done much worse have been embraced by the company. Fans forget we only see one side of the issue. Who knows how truly burned out Punk is? What nagging injuries, if any, make it harder for him to motivate himself to show up at a company that has dropped the ball with him for a number of months.

I'll give you guys a real simple reasoning behind why Punk leaving is good. FINALLY a WWE wrestler has the balls to say "No Vince." God, you people who don't get it don't realize that there IS no other way. Creative and Vince are the final say, no matter what you think. And it's not just his status currently, it's all the rest of the BS booking that's been going on lately..for everyone. WWE needs to realize they are not entertaining their fans at some point, and this may be a wake-up call...but probably not. Batista winning the rumble is not what ANYONE wanted to see, and they're realizing it now.

While it does suck that he's gone now, it's good to know he's not being put into crap feuds anymore. You can call it selfish all you want, I call it sticking up for yourself instead of being a thoughtless sheep/yes man. I commend Punk for sticking up for himself and the rest of the locker room. Also, I'm a grown man, he didn't hurt my feelings by quitting. I just want good wrestling. Raw's main event tonight and the cage Tag Title matches were great, I was surprised. This is what we need more of.

And also, here's hoping that Punk joins TNA or ROH or something, JUST to stick it to Vince. That would be EPIC. Haha.

Gotta agree with your overall message OP regardless of a few specific details to your post that I may not agree with.

Bottom line, I hope he stays gone too.

I just had to retrieve my long forgotten password for these forums and if you look at my post history, I'm hardly ever here, and when I am, it's been to rant and rave about Punk. I guess it's the only thing that gets me riled up enough to care about actually posting on a wrestling forum these days.

We don't truly know why Punk left. Not a single word has come from his own mouth. We've all done the job of filling in that he's probably pissed about part timers returning to win the Rumble and headline WM, the treatment of younger stars, etc. If these are indeed the things that were building up inside of him, I don't disagree with him at all and I don't blame him for feeling annoyed.

But you don't walk out on a contract. Not at this level of performance, or at any level really. All you have in this world is your word, and once you're willing to break that, I don't see why anyone should care about you. The only caveat here would be again if there are some unknown details, like specific things actually being promised to Punk in his contract that he felt he wasn't getting, but I doubt there was anything in writing promising him that he was gonna be at the top of WM or anything like that. Even then, I still don't think you walk out, but at least it would be slightly more justified.

I don't know why the IWC is treating him like a hero when he pretty much spit in every fans face by walking out. I understand you agree with some of his (assumed) motives, but still, he's basically insulting all of you with his actions too.

He's a diva. It doesn't surprise me at all that many backstage are reportedly "not unhappy" that he is gone. It's that sense of relief when a total drama queen leaves the room and everyone else can get back to what they were doing.

It's a strange feeling to agree with his possible motives but also be disgusted by the fact that he left. I just have a long history of growing more and more tired with him. All the stories of treating fans like garbage, attacking fans on live TV, being the center of drama backstage, having his current girlfriend-of-the-month cause a scene backstage because Michelle Beadle jokingly referred to him as "f-face", and now he just walks out. I mean seriously how much of a crooked ego do you have to have and how insecure do you have to be that someone you were purportedly friends with walks by and says something goofy like f___face and you get bent out of shape and say it was disrespectful. Holy blue hell get over yourself.

There's a fine line between being the cool confident person who will voice your opinion and stand up to management, and just turning into a total diva (no pun intended). Punk crossed that line long ago. I imagine he's annoying as hell to work with.

He's selfish. He didn't walk out to make a point about Batista. He didn't walk out thinking he'd open up some room in the spotlight for Daniel Bryan to get pushed farther. If Punk had gotten booked into something that make him look good and kept him signing paychecks, he'd still be on your TV, and he wouldn't care how terrible the rest of the show was. He gave up long ago on his mission to really try to change things in the company and just started doing what he was told so it's not really about that. He's just a mark for himself and apparently thinks wrestling HHH at WM30 in what might be one of Hunter's last angles where he'll physically get involved in the ring before fully moving on to a behind the scenes position is not good enough, meanwhile other guys working just as hard and living the same hard road lifestyle and nursing injuries might not even have a spot on the card. He certainly didn't do this to benefit the fans so the IWC need to stop worshipping. He got enough of your money and he's happy to go home now. Why a person that does that is your hero is beyond me. Bryan? Sure, get behind that. Buy his merch until you can't afford any more. Because he still appreciates where he is and thanks his fans. Don't hold your breath waiting for the day that Daniel Bryan tears up a fan's autograph book in an airport.

Punk reminds me of Vince in that they both spent their lives trying to get somewhere in this business yet simultaneously seem ashamed of it. Vince would rather be in entertainment and making movies, didn't even want the word wrestling acknowledged in his product anymore, and Punk thinks you're a piece of shit for asking him for an autograph or trying to talk to him on Twitter and tries to exist on the periphery of sports like NHL and UFC because apparently he thinks they are cooler. Hell, in his last interview for an MMA show he said if it weren't for himself he probably wouldn't be a wrestling fan any more either. Well, now he doesn't have to be.

Stay home. Let's keep teasing these rumors that you'd actually consider training to get into UFC. Maybe getting into a real fight would introduce some humility back into your life. :lmao:

Don't hold out until they throw some offer at you and you end up showing up on TV in a few weeks. Stand your ground and stay gone if you're so disgusted with everything about wrestling. You're a spoke in the wheel, a very noisy one at that, someone else can take your place and actually appreciate it, and maybe not be so obsessed with how they are perceived or their spot on the card in a world of simulated choreographed "fighting" that isn't really based on competition.

Closing thought, there was nothing all that impressive about the "pipe bomb" scenario, at least nothing that would attributed to Punk directly. Breaking kayfabe would allow anyone to cut a promo that people would be talking about because we eat that stuff up. Not having a script and calling people backstage by their real names and calling them douchebags and breaking the 4th wall would make anyone the hot topic of the year. Another magic trick sleight of hand wherein Punk was able to convince us that it's really him and his great talent. Give anyone on the roster that mic and say you're free to go out and talk shit until we dramatically decide to cut your mic, it would look good.

My hope is that Punk is one of those people who has a difficult time on his way down running into all the people that he stepped on during his way up. There are a lot of people in his past who will tell you what a scum bag he is, the one topic I didn't manage to get in to while I was blowing off steam here.

Punk is NOT ALLOWED to speak as he is still under contract... they haven't flat ou sued him, threatened him with that or anything close... the price of that is he keeps his silence.

If course he is due for a TV appearance tonight... he may speak then... he knows when he does speak it is going to be ratings, so it might be an Arsenio or something... The problem is Vince knows Punk DOES have a lot of upside but that he is not so much a diva but highly strung and not happy to accept less. Compared to an Ultimate Warrior, Punk is very much a guy you want on your team because he will put himself out for the company. If this is a work then he may begin a feud or do something shocking, after all remember in the run up to Mania there was T and Hogan on the Belzter show...

Everyone has a limit of what they are prepared to accept and as the guy above who said about his work place said, we all have a point where we would walk from our job if it was making us THAT unhappy or we disagreed with something SO fundamental to our self... We can also do it if we deal with bullshit for too long...

I am leaning away from this being a work now as fans were ejected from RAW - if it were an angle they'd be suing.

Wrestler's have stood up to Vince several times, even guys like Jericho have done so. Vince is cool with it and respects guys who do.

The "stink" in this case is someone did so with months left on their deal and the timing, but Punk would not be medically fit to 99% of the doctors out there - perhaps that was the Concussion argument allegedly overheard... Punk refused to "fake illness" as a way to cover his absence... as he was really unfit and most doctors would declare him so. Think back to 1997 - this exact same thing happened but with Shawn Michaels "losing his smile", he went home in January, missed Mania 13 and was champion by the end of the year. Shawn was not ragged out by Vince, held back or even lost a beat - some say he faked it... some say he cracked up, either way he had no business being in the ring at that time - but he wasn't hurt as bad as Punk is legit, that's for sure.

Make no mistake Phil Brooks could legitimately have sat out his deal healing up the numerous injuries he has... he has chosen not to do that in favour of a more radical course of action... it's not a cowards thing to do to stand up for your principles and history proves that Vince IS forgiving of guys who do that... if Punk had simply sat out his deal "on the sick" then there might have been an issue.

Guys like Davey Boy Smith have walked out on him the night after Montreal and been welcomed back, Brock "quit" during Mania season and eventually came back. Even Flair, who held Vince to a verbal agreement to release him if he wasn't a top guy came back...in a top spot... so this isn't terminal.

If it comes down it it Vince would rather have a motivated and fit Punk next year than a banged up, pissed off and volatile one this year.

And uh... where exactly would saying "no" get Austin?

If you think wrestlers work 52 weeks a year, you clearly haven't been watching the same product. Nor, it seems, have you ever signed a salaried contract. "They don't get holiday," that's why things like the Raw Christmas episode is taped, right?

Contracts can include time off. You've clearly never read one or signed one.

No surprise you missed the point entirely.

You said "Brock walked out." When exactly did he walk out?

Says the one who thinks all wrestlers work 52 weeks a year. Different wrestlers have different contracts. There's also a reason why wrestlers can take time off if needed for things like injuries or emergencies. Within the contract there is budgeted time off if it's wanted or needed.

You don't know Austin's contract either, so you can't say for sure that he did have a "time off" clause in his contract.

Also, one of the times he walked out, was an hour before "Raw" went to air that night, and "Stone Cold" was going to be featured heavily, as he had a major storyline.

Stop making excuses for "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, you apologist. He acted wrongly, so stop being a sycophant. Next you will be saying that Debra deserved the backhander Austin gave her.

I'll give you guys a real simple reasoning behind why Punk leaving is good. FINALLY a WWE wrestler has the balls to say "No Vince." God, you people who don't get it don't realize that there IS no other way. Creative and Vince are the final say, no matter what you think. And it's not just his status currently, it's all the rest of the BS booking that's been going on lately..for everyone. WWE needs to realize they are not entertaining their fans at some point, and this may be a wake-up call...but probably not. Batista winning the rumble is not what ANYONE wanted to see, and they're realizing it now.

While it does suck that he's gone now, it's good to know he's not being put into crap feuds anymore. You can call it selfish all you want, I call it sticking up for yourself instead of being a thoughtless sheep/yes man. I commend Punk for sticking up for himself and the rest of the locker room. Also, I'm a grown man, he didn't hurt my feelings by quitting. I just want good wrestling. Raw's main event tonight and the cage Tag Title matches were great, I was surprised. This is what we need more of.

And also, here's hoping that Punk joins TNA or ROH or something, JUST to stick it to Vince. That would be EPIC. Haha.

Vince McMahon is the boss. Get it. He made WWE a global company, he made Wrestlemania a massive event. So he calls the shots. He who has the gold makes the rules.

Now, if an employee doesn't like it, they can submit or quit. But if they have a contract, like WWE wrestlers do, they should do the right thing by business and see out their contract.

I would have no problem if Punk went in July. His contract is up. But going early is BS, unless he has agreed to not get paid the remainder of his contract. If the WWE release a talent, they have to pay them out. So, alternatively, if the talent leaves early, then the WWE shouldn't have to pay them out. Why should WWE pay Punk for not working?

I bet you support Punk, because you probably hate your boss and wish you could tell him to shove it as well. It's obvious that you have no respect for those in charge.

Punk has options. At this time, he picked the wrong one.

I'm just glad that we don't have to watch him botch an elbow drop, a running knee to the corner, and a GTS every single week anymore.

First off, I agree with the fact that if you walk out, you should indeed get fired on the spot.

But in a business(company) where the customers(fans) have such a big way to make their voice heard, things are different.

There is NO and I mean NO business where the CEO's(the real one) decisions are as analyzed as in wrestling, it's nuts.

WWE is pretty good in :
- Marketing (Aldo Batista's return was badly managed)
- Social Media
- Sales
- Production
- Financial reports and everything related to the numbers
- IT
- etc..
But WWE has prooved many times that they lack in an area : HUMAN FKIN RESSOURCES. My god they seem awful.

Which brings me to my point: YOU CAN'T BE THAT BAD, and I got my answer yesterday during RAW.

- I found it really odd that after an amazing Royal Rumble Punk disappears.
- A few days before, Punk told in an interview that he and Vince exchange texts often, sometimes at night since they both suffer from insomnia.
- Why the hell would you exchange texts at night for a match vs the Shield, I found it odd and thaught something bigger might be going down

- Than Ziggler makes this emotional interview on wwe.com where he says he is under utilized, and screams ... he is legit pissed, or made us think he is, if it was legit no way it would be on wwe.com right now
- Mick Foley is outraged and thinks this is all a bunch of crap, he is extremely vocal on Twitter, yet WWE is giving him a Raw wrap-up show. (C'mon!)

And yesterday was the final blows :

- Miz coming in for 3 seconds to commentary saying this is bad booking and all of this is bs
- Bryan getting beat up at the end of RAW not only by Orton, but by KANE?!?! Reaaallllyyyy??? why Kane? People know Kane is CM Punk's opponent, it's like if they were rubbing Punk's absence in our faces.

Mark my words, at Elimination Chamber or Mania, you will see a new faction, involving Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, Miz and probably Foley will be involve in a way.

Punk doesn't answer his texts or phonecalls, Vince doesn't want him 2.
He'll be back, and it will be AWESOOOOMMMMEEEE!!! YES ! YES ! YES!!

I'd have to say that I don't want him back at this point. I've always been a fan but I'm not down with this whole walkout situation. I'm sure in his mind that his reasoning is justifiable, but as a fan it doesn't sit well with me. There was a part of me that thought this could be a work, but not anymore. If it were a work then they would mention it on Raw/Smackdown, which they are totally avoiding. I'm even more perplexed as to why the f*ck the crowd would try to hijack the show and chat his name. People, he didn't just walk out on WWE he walked out on YOU as well! To chat for him after that is just plain disrespectful to the other superstars that are there for you and even to yourself for not having the ability to see how much the man dissed you. Good riddance Phil...have fun in TNA or whatever other indy promotion nobody cares about!

The Op does know at the end of the day Punk is putting his body on the line when entering a ring for a wrestling match. It may mostly all be fake, but its no video game where you can expect guys to show up and wrestler on your own wim. Look at the kind of booking they have put Punk though. 3 vs 1 matches. They put him though a table at the Rumble after being in the match 50 minutes.

Punk is great. But it has been followed by horrible booking since his feud with Lesnar ended. I mean look at how bad the Ryback feud looks like now. Ryback in a nobody. And when HHH was drawing heat off feuding with Bryan and the rest of the faces on the roster, they kept Punk out of that storyline until it died down, before rushing him into a feud with the Wyatts going nowhere. 5 months of bad booking, then buried by Batista, no wonder he left.

Punk has had the best and top booking besides Daniel Bryan since the summer. There's not even any debate about that.

I think WWE should lay the ultimatium that, if you walk out while still under contract, then you are out-permanently.

Perhaps even Vince McMahon says that when an employee quits on him. Still, as one of the greatest promoters of all time, McMahon recognizes that if Punk stays out 6 months or a year and wants to come back, Vince will have him back, even if he detests the idea of doing it. The crowd craves a comeback when a top guy is involved.

The phrase "What's best for business" has become an on-air catchline in WWE, but Vince McMahon lives it. Some of the people he's had back after their defection to WCW or TNA indicates how smart he is; I swear he's been a bigger person about it than I ever could.

So, if ol' Phil Brooks needs to re-charge his batteries ....and/or starts running out of money to support the lifestyle he became accustomed to after living the life of a top superstar at WWE......he might want to come back.....and it seems almost certain he'll get his wish......under what stipulations, we don't yet know.

Still, after deciding he should be promoted as the #1 performer in WWE, he's apparently been living in abject misery these past couple years. We can analyze why he might feel this way until the cows come home, but as far as I'm concerned, it amounts to one thing: things weren't being done in the manner he wanted them done.

To that end, he'll always be unhappy. How many times Vince McMahon will let him come back is yet to be determined.

Look, VKM welcomed back the NWO, he welcomed back Warrior, he welcomed back Sammartino, how many times did Austin walk out? CM Punk is nothing compared to those guys. He'll be back when he wants to, and he'll be back in the upper card, but he'll have become the exact thing that he railed and railed against, and he'll have usurped his entire argument.

First off, I agree with the fact that if you walk out, you should indeed get fired on the spot.

But in a business(company) where the customers(fans) have such a big way to make their voice heard, things are different.

There is NO and I mean NO business where the CEO's(the real one) decisions are as analyzed as in wrestling, it's nuts.

WWE is pretty good in :
- Marketing (Aldo Batista's return was badly managed)
- Social Media
- Sales
- Production
- Financial reports and everything related to the numbers
- IT
- etc..
But WWE has prooved many times that they lack in an area : HUMAN FKIN RESSOURCES. My god they seem awful.

Which brings me to my point: YOU CAN'T BE THAT BAD, and I got my answer yesterday during RAW.

- I found it really odd that after an amazing Royal Rumble Punk disappears.
- A few days before, Punk told in an interview that he and Vince exchange texts often, sometimes at night since they both suffer from insomnia.
- Why the hell would you exchange texts at night for a match vs the Shield, I found it odd and thaught something bigger might be going down

- Than Ziggler makes this emotional interview on wwe.com where he says he is under utilized, and screams ... he is legit pissed, or made us think he is, if it was legit no way it would be on wwe.com right now
- Mick Foley is outraged and thinks this is all a bunch of crap, he is extremely vocal on Twitter, yet WWE is giving him a Raw wrap-up show. (C'mon!)

And yesterday was the final blows :

- Miz coming in for 3 seconds to commentary saying this is bad booking and all of this is bs
- Bryan getting beat up at the end of RAW not only by Orton, but by KANE?!?! Reaaallllyyyy??? why Kane? People know Kane is CM Punk's opponent, it's like if they were rubbing Punk's absence in our faces.

Mark my words, at Elimination Chamber or Mania, you will see a new faction, involving Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, Miz and probably Foley will be involve in a way.

Punk doesn't answer his texts or phonecalls, Vince doesn't want him 2.
He'll be back, and it will be AWESOOOOMMMMEEEE!!! YES ! YES ! YES!!

You've got it seriously wrong... EVERY publicly traded companies CEO is under the same scrutiny, infact many more so than Vince is. This is because by buying WWE stock, you are accepting Vince McMahon as the leader, defacto decision maker and the man who put it all together... Much as those who bought Apple were investing in Steve Jobs or Microsoft Bill Gates during their runs as the face of those companies.

Every day you hear of corporate CEO's being forced to resign due to poor performance. WWE does reasonably well considering it's unique nature and the main stream media's "sniffyness" towards it.

Your point is that there is no other ENTERTAIMENT PRODUCT that is as pulled apart as WWE by it's consumers... While Star Wars fans hated the prequels in the main, they didn't hate the filmmaking involved as such, but Jar Jar and some stupid decisions... Fanboys are bitching about Shield the show but not the Avengers movies, why cos one has their faves in and one doesn't... Iron Man 3 was the biggest movie of last year, some hated the twist while most didn't get the problem enough to care or even enjoyed it... but those few act like it was a betrayal cos they didn't get what THEY wanted... a billion dollar box says Shane Black was right and they were wrong...

WWE is a soap opera with a live component, set in the world of wrestling... there are a core of its fans who feel they could "run it, write it, do it" better... Yet none of them are employed by the WWE... guys like Madden, LaBar, Isenberg are NOT employed by the WWE... I am not employed by the WWE (although I did apply for a job in the London office once). As a TV entertainment product, the last people they want writing and making decisions are fans... they're passionate, subjective and don't see the bigger picture.

Batista for example... most are seeing an overpaid, has been, failed actor returning to wrestling and stopping "their guys" from main eventing Mania... what Vince sees is a guy who is going to be a star in a major Marvel movie over the summer as his champion during that time, the tie ins and publicity and cross over to his beloved Disney (he wants to be bought out by them and for him to run it, he SOOO does) would be big for the WWE... but fans want something else...

In movies, they have a plan, a script, they film it and it is very rare for fan reaction to even come into the process... did Heath Ledger get canned cos of the fanboy reaction to his casting? No... in fact I have never heard of a case where they have done that... Yet WWE is being expected to do that... they may have HAD a plan that saw Bryan getting the belt in July beating the movie star guy at the height of the movies popularity and Box Office... Now we may never know...

In terms of your business analogy though there is no other business in the world that runs the way WWE does... much of what is accepted in the rest of the business world simply doesn't fly there... Talent are not unionised, yet technically they are actors and should be part of SAG at minimum... talent are "contractors not employees" but expected to act as employees... behaviour that would lead to firing, lawsuits, criminal cases such as their current champion bullying a female colleague by shitting in her bag causing her to leave...is brushed under the carpet or condoned as "ribbing" and part of the norm. Talent who are medically unfit to compete are encouraged to push themselves to keep going cos it's "Titan Training" and cos their CEO only needs 2 hours of sleep, everyone else is expected to...

These are just some of the "realities" and there is not another company in the world that could get away with it. That they have for so long is quite possibly what has driven Punk to walk, to quit... should he be "fired", well that depends if he is fit or not... if he has one injury that one doctors says should keep him home and he has been asked to "suck it up" even once...they can't fire him for going home with that injury... they can try but he wins... they look bad not him...he loses they look bad not him...

Not a chance. If Punk says he wants to return and finish his terms of his contract tomorrow, WWE has to take him back. It might send a bad message, it might be a difficult pill to swallow, but his place in WWE is too important to hold grudges for an eternity. The main event roster is too razor thin and Punk is needed. Punk was banged up and frustrated with the direction of things (if the reports are true) and said forget it, if you won't listen or keep your word, I'm gone. Now he did that because that is the only way to get the company to understand he is less than satisfied with how things are going. Punk is not the first to walkout he won't be the last. The company must be more open to hearing and solving the issues wrestlers have in the company.

A number of people who were unhappy with WWE have either refused to re-sign another contract or asked for their release. The company itself has sent performers packing when it suited them leaving those performers completely shocked and devastated. It happens. For me, I hate to see Punk leave, I think he should have finished the terms of his contract, however, he did what was necessary to make WWE management understand how unhappy he is. His timing could have been better and his absence doesn't help the company. The good news is he didn't leave with a belt and he really wasn't in a huge storyline at the time. Hopefully Punk and WWE management can mend fences and get back to some sort of understanding where they can work together and soon.

You've got it seriously wrong... EVERY publicly traded companies CEO is under the same scrutiny, infact many more so than Vince is. This is because by buying WWE stock, you are accepting Vince McMahon as the leader, defacto decision maker and the man who put it all together... Much as those who bought Apple were investing in Steve Jobs or Microsoft Bill Gates during their runs as the face of those companies.

Every day you hear of corporate CEO's being forced to resign due to poor performance. WWE does reasonably well considering it's unique nature and the main stream media's "sniffyness" towards it.

Your point is that there is no other ENTERTAIMENT PRODUCT that is as pulled apart as WWE by it's consumers... While Star Wars fans hated the prequels in the main, they didn't hate the filmmaking involved as such, but Jar Jar and some stupid decisions... Fanboys are bitching about Shield the show but not the Avengers movies, why cos one has their faves in and one doesn't... Iron Man 3 was the biggest movie of last year, some hated the twist while most didn't get the problem enough to care or even enjoyed it... but those few act like it was a betrayal cos they didn't get what THEY wanted... a billion dollar box says Shane Black was right and they were wrong...

WWE is a soap opera with a live component, set in the world of wrestling... there are a core of its fans who feel they could "run it, write it, do it" better... Yet none of them are employed by the WWE... guys like Madden, LaBar, Isenberg are NOT employed by the WWE... I am not employed by the WWE (although I did apply for a job in the London office once). As a TV entertainment product, the last people they want writing and making decisions are fans... they're passionate, subjective and don't see the bigger picture.

Batista for example... most are seeing an overpaid, has been, failed actor returning to wrestling and stopping "their guys" from main eventing Mania... what Vince sees is a guy who is going to be a star in a major Marvel movie over the summer as his champion during that time, the tie ins and publicity and cross over to his beloved Disney (he wants to be bought out by them and for him to run it, he SOOO does) would be big for the WWE... but fans want something else...

In movies, they have a plan, a script, they film it and it is very rare for fan reaction to even come into the process... did Heath Ledger get canned cos of the fanboy reaction to his casting? No... in fact I have never heard of a case where they have done that... Yet WWE is being expected to do that... they may have HAD a plan that saw Bryan getting the belt in July beating the movie star guy at the height of the movies popularity and Box Office... Now we may never know...

In terms of your business analogy though there is no other business in the world that runs the way WWE does... much of what is accepted in the rest of the business world simply doesn't fly there... Talent are not unionised, yet technically they are actors and should be part of SAG at minimum... talent are "contractors not employees" but expected to act as employees... behaviour that would lead to firing, lawsuits, criminal cases such as their current champion bullying a female colleague by shitting in her bag causing her to leave...is brushed under the carpet or condoned as "ribbing" and part of the norm. Talent who are medically unfit to compete are encouraged to push themselves to keep going cos it's "Titan Training" and cos their CEO only needs 2 hours of sleep, everyone else is expected to...

These are just some of the "realities" and there is not another company in the world that could get away with it. That they have for so long is quite possibly what has driven Punk to walk, to quit... should he be "fired", well that depends if he is fit or not... if he has one injury that one doctors says should keep him home and he has been asked to "suck it up" even once...they can't fire him for going home with that injury... they can try but he wins... they look bad not him...he loses they look bad not him...

Hi,

Listen I seriously doubt that you've read my entire post before commenting it but that's fine, i've read your answer.

Just for full disclosure, I'm an accountant with an MBA, been a major wrestling fan in my youth and much less these past years but I'm an investor so I want to watch the product I'm buying into.

No I am not wrong, lol, when I say that no other CEO is under the radar like Vince is, and Triple H is, maybe I didn't explain my point well enough for you to understand it, let me try again.

You compare Steve Jobs to Vince Mcmahon, which is probably the worst comment i've ever read (aldo I can appreciate the fact that you took 2 innovative CEO's that created a product/market). When Jobs was hosting events or news conference, TEN'S OF MILLIONS, AND I MEAN HUNDRED OF MILLIONS of people tune in, to see; is he well? what's is new idea? does he have a plan to beat Nokia, Samsung? How small is the new little camera on the I Phone? etc. etc. when he talked, people listened, it was what ? Once every month, every 2 months? Vince and Triple H have to do something that is viewed to the public live or close to it more than 10 hours a week, and don't mix fan reaction and investor reaction, oh wait , YOU HAVE TO! If the customer is constantly complaining about a product (ANY product, entertainment or not) the investor knows about it and takes it into consideration.

Now, what company is more talked about on a daily basis, on various subjects than wrestling? I understand that some people will have comments on the iphone when it comes out, and the reaction WILL impact the stock price, why in the blue hell wouldn't the reaction of the fans on a daily basis impact a stock price. Because of WWE's over exposure, it is a fact that the CEO's activities are well documented, more than any other company.

Then you talk about Avenger and Star Wars, I don't get that cause I'm not a fan, but people not getting what they wanted in Iron Man 3, doesn't that mean they won't go see the 4 and won't buy the dvd?? Isn't that a bad move? They won't get to fix the Monday night mess on Friday night Iron Man 3 1/2. But I don't know what your point is exactly so I can't comment.

Heath Ledger, I kinda don't want to go there cause your point doesn't make any sense, they signed Ledger, fanboy gets pissed, producer says "You'll see he'll be awesome" people give him a shot, he succeeded. If the WWE Universe doesn't want to see something they're 10 000 2 times a week and 4 000 3 times a week that can scream and chant and not give a chance to where the WWE wants the "actor" to go. The wanted Batista to be the superhero that beats Orton, FANS ARE SCREAMING ON A DAILY BASIS THAT THEY DON'T WANT THAT, they have a choice to bury him, and bury him they do, I hated Batista back then, hate him even more now, people think the same way, they won't let it play out, because they don't want to. But i'll go see Batman anyday even if there's one actor I'm not too sure about. I won't watch a "soap opera" with a wack actor (Well I wouldn't watch a soap opera at all but that's beside the point) I probably would wish I could scream like a moron "WE WANT DIVAS"

Anyways, I didn't want to get into that kind of debate, all I was saying is that I believe all of this to be a work, because what is going on now does not make any sense.

Take care

He's tired, possibly injured or banged up and WWE management have done some a shit job with how they've booked things.

New Age Outlaws come in and become tag team champions over more deserving performers, like Goldust and Rhodes and the Usos. I mean the Usos have been giving some of the most amazing matches for months now and they have earned a right to be the champs. Batista comes back and wins the Royal Rumble and will be a main event in WMXXX, Randy Orton has no fan interest whatsoever and is undisputed champion, Daniel Bryan is used to put over the Wyatts but apparently out of the title picture, and Punk has been booked pretty lousy since his feud with Heyman. I can understand his frustration.

Punk is not the first performer to walk out and if WWE doesn't learn that they can't ignore the issues or complaints of their talent particularly their main event roster, he won't be the last.

Ok? All the whiny ***** can go with him. The WWE never needed CM Punk, but CM Punk desperately needs the WWE. It's that simple.

As a Punk fan, he doesn't owe me any such thing. Him telling me why he did or did not leave isn't going to change the fact that I think that if he was frustrated or worn down enough to feel that walking out was his last option then it was the right thing for him personally to do.

Punk is not a personal friend of mine, he's not an acquaintance, he's not a friend of a friend of a cousin of the mailman down the block, he's a performer on TV and his personal/professional life beyond what is actually shown on TV isn't all that important to me. I don't need a "hey look guys, this is why I did this" because the situation only affects me on an entertainment level, so why am I owed an explanation?

That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it, I completely disagree with your opinion however.

I as a fan of CM Punk have been one of the ones that come to forums like these and talk about how great he is, how he should be pushed to the moon and back, etc etc. Hell, even last year, I came on this very forum and talked about how I thought that Punk should go over my all time favorite wrestler, the Undertaker, at WrestleMania. I've paid my hard earned money to see him on PPV, to see him at live events, and to buy his DVDs. So as a fan of his that really looks forward to watching WWE so I can see one of his epic promos or so I can enjoy one of his outstanding in ring performances; I feel like he quit on me.

So you can call me childish or naïve or whatever you want. I, however, do need the, "hey look guys, this is why I did this". Not only do I need it, I kind of feel like I deserve it. We deserve it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/haymaker/gracie-cm-punk-is-interested-in-mma-and-there-s-no-limit-to-his-potential-012914

punk-gracie-breakdown.png%3Fw%3D450%26h%3D244

CM Punk is and has been training with Rener Gracie. He attended last years Gracie Immersion camp.

With his personal wealth he will likely personal train himself up to Purple Belt the way Bautista did and attempt to enter the MMA fray.

I doubt he will be all that successful. He is not Lesnar and does not have the years of Wrestling at the Collegiate Level or athleticism.

He will probably end up on a second tier MMA production for a few years and then come back to wrestling leveraging his MMA experience as his new gimmick.

At Punk's age and with the schedule he has worked over the last few years, I doubt he would actually go into MMA.

Let's say he has left and he does pursue an MMA career. I reckon Dana White should give him a call. Punk is a pretty big name and watching him get destroyed would be pretty enjoyable- he wants entertainment and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back