CM Punk and Rey Mysterio. Probably the best wrestlers on the rosters right now.

BASSER911414

Pre-Show Stalwart
Before u start bashing me hear me out.

For the past few weeks we have seen two incredible solid matches between rey mysterio and cm punk. and not only with each other but every match which features these two superstars has the potential to be the best match on the card tht day.

Rey vs R Truth amazing

punk vs orton

rey vs rhodes

and especially the last punk rey matches easily the best. believable,ppv style, had a good number of spots, nice athleticism, well executed finishes. highlights of raw. and this sunday will hopefully be no different...

ur thoughts...

They're not the best wrestlers on the roster. Mysterio is good in the ring, Punk is good in the ring and on the mic, but neither are the best. There's more that goes into matches than just pure in-ring stuff, they have to be able to work the crowd, they have to understand chemistry, it's not just how many spots they can fit into a match and how many "highlights" they can jam into one match. What you're describing is more of a "spot monkey" than a good wrestler. Punk is more well rounded than Mysterio, but neither are really the best.

The best wrestlers on the roster are the guys on the top, guys like Cena and Orton. Sure, Cena's rough in the ring, but that's not what goes into being a good professional wrestler. He knows how to work a crowd and he has the timing of it all down. His matches might not be the highlight of the show, but there's a reason he's at the top.

They're not the best wrestlers on the roster. Mysterio is good in the ring, Punk is good in the ring and on the mic, but neither are the best. There's more that goes into matches than just pure in-ring stuff, they have to be able to work the crowd, they have to understand chemistry, it's not just how many spots they can fit into a match and how many "highlights" they can jam into one match. What you're describing is more of a "spot monkey" than a good wrestler. Punk is more well rounded than Mysterio, but neither are really the best.

The best wrestlers on the roster are the guys on the top, guys like Cena and Orton. Sure, Cena's rough in the ring, but that's not what goes into being a good professional wrestler. He knows how to work a crowd and he has the timing of it all down. His matches might not be the highlight of the show, but there's a reason he's at the top.

i said wrestler i didnt say overall superstar... these two have the most solid matches out of all... cena is ok in the ring but he has presence thts y hes the top guy

im talking in ring skill and honestly both punk and mysterio have better in ring talent than cena or orton

You could not be any more wrong. I'm completely with you on Mysterio, but nobody on the current roster can work a crowd like CM Punk. Have you gone to any house shows? The way he rips his shirt off right before Cena to make all the girls in the audience inadvertantly cheer for him, and the way he sells finishers by using folding chairs as walkers... absolutely no one works a crowd like CM Punk.

I can see where you'd argue Cena, aside from his inability to put on a match, he does quite well with the psychology aspect, but Orton? Seriously? I've eaten pop tarts that were more entertaining than Randy Orton.

Yeah, I can't fully agree with that. When it comes down to it, CM Punk is preety damn good at what he does, but I don't think that Rey and him are the best. I will say that Daniel, Cena, Orton, are up there a little bit more because of either skill, (Daniel), crowd reaction (Cena), or both (Orton).

When it comes to Punk, I'd probably say that I think he's among the overall best on the Raw roster right now. Punk can talk, he's loaded with charisma, has a great understanding of psychology, knows how to tell a story inside the ring and the man just simply has skills. Punk is one of those guys that can have a good match with just about anybody. Put him in the ring with The Great Khali and Punk would be able to wrangle a decent match out of him. Two other guys that spring to mind similar to that are Chris Jericho & Christian.

As for Mysterio, I'd definitely have to disagree. Don't get me wrong, I like Mysterio. The man always puts out good, high quality matches. Whenever he's in the ring, I know that I'm almost certain to be entertained. Over the past several years especially, as he's gotten older, Mysterio has had to adopt a different style than the non stop high spots common among the Lucha Libre style. He's had to incorporate more in-ring psychology & storytelling. Because of that, I think he's a better overall worker inside the ring now than he was 10 years ago. However, the guy's pretty low on charisma and promo skills. While Punk is certainly no colossus, Mysterio's size is something of a hindurance. The man's 5'6" and weighs 175 lbs and is surrounded by guys that are generally, at least, 6 inches taller and 40-50 lbs heavier. Even when Mysterio has been World Champion, someone ALWAYS brings up the size issue and the guy's usually as bland as tap water when it comes to promos.

CM Punk is just an all around great entertainer and performer in the ring and rey

rey is good but i mean ive been watchin this 619 for years now i want something

different off the finisher on the ropes like maybe a 450 splash omg imagine an

shooting star press off the ropes omg that would be sick

No they aren't.
Rey Mysterio is one of the best performers of all time, It's true and people that think otherwise are just plain stupid.
CM Punk is IWC most loved guy, of course he will be at the top of WWE wrestlers.

Raw roster has a lot of good wrestlers like Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Swagger, Bourne, McIntyre, Masters and Zack Ryder...
John Cena is the face of the company, he can wrestle, but he is the superstar that draws more money, so having him in potential risky matches, is bad business.

Wrestling is not a problem in the WWE, actually the only guy that can't wrestle is The Great Khali, but even him as a purpose in the WWE, and that's to be a unique freaking monster.

CM Punk is a solid performer & Rey Mysterio is a solid performer, but it's about taste, some guys like high flyers better than in-ring technicians, and vice-versa.
They are the top 2, but Ziggler, Kofi and ADR come very close, and ADR is probably the third, because if you see some of his CMLL videos, you will see that this guy is pure gold in the ring.

I’ll have to agree with CM Punk. CM Punk is the best overall superstar at the moment in all of Wrestling. He’s young, charismatic, excellent in the ring and great on the mic. He is currently the best wrestler on Raw at this point of time.
But I strongly disagree with Rey Mysterio. I’m sorry Rey Mysterio isn’t even on my Top 5 list of best WRESTLERS in the WWE. 1st would have to be Bryan, then Sin Cara (when he doesn’t botch), CM Punk, John Morrison and Tyson Kidd. I’m sorry Rey Mysterio was good in WCW and early stages of WWE when he was a cruiserweight but now superstars have upped their game and his moves are nowhere near as exciting in the ring as Sin Cara and nowhere near as technical as Daniel Bryan. He’s not even good on the mic! For me Rey Mysterio should not even be considered one of the best wrestlers. For me he should be replaced by Daniel Bryan who is the best technician and overall wrestler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back