WWE Extreme Rules- Rey Mysterio VS CM Punk (Punk shaves his head if he loses)

I don't really see how this is match is extreme but I am still looking forward to it. Both of these guys can work and put on great matches. The build up to this match has been good and has really incorporated the hair stipulation into it. These two could have the best series of matches this year just like Rey did with Jericho last year. If this is anything like WrestleMania's it should be great especially with more added onto it.

I see Punk coming out as the winner. I don't believe WWE would make Punk shave his head as that would make him look silly and could hurt his leadership. If Punk does win I see them carrying the fued on which is something I would love to see. I'm really looking forward to this match.

Should be superb, once again, although a highly predictable ending. It makes zero sense to have Mysterio take this, and he wont. I am expecting a Punk win, major heat (besides me, in my CM Punk shirt, cheering like crazy) and for his character to be further built

Is there any stip for Rey if he loses this match at the PPV? I know punk will be a part of the bald is beautiful club if he loses. But what about if Rey messes up? Its been kinda vague on what will happen to him? :suspic:

He's already bald/shaved. Would he join SES? Or just let them keep bullying him? I guess maybe there may be a last minute stip added at the PPV. I couldn't just see Rey getting off scot free if he lost.

I don't think the "Rey joining SES" stipulation still applies to this match, because the WWE never mentions it on any broadcast. I even checked the website, and it wasn't mentioned there either. I think the WWE has simply stopped talking about it in the hopes that everyone will forget about it. But, without this stipulation, that increases the probability of Punk winning. Then Rey can take some time off, because I think he needs knee surgery. There was talk of him delaying it because he did not want to miss Wrestlemania.

I think the stipulations in this match are pretty stupid and they point to a Mysterio win way before the bell even rings. Point one Mysterio is a supposed masked wrestler to cut his hair his mask must be removed. 2. Mysterio appears to be bald already, what will Punk cut ? 3. I believe Mysterio will indeed win this match and some how Punk will escape the head shaving, this will lead to Mysterio constantly trying to cut Punks hair.

I would LIKE to see Punk win this one, but I dont see it happening. Forcing Mysterio to join the SES would be a great angle but I dont think they want to either a) turn Mysterio heel, which would kill his merch sales and not make a whole lot of sense, or b) have him bogged down for months being Punk's stooge.

All I can say is this.... PUNK BETTER WIN!!!! Why? Punk is one of the best heels right now and his appearance helps his character seem more like a leader of a controversial group. If he loses this match then he gets his head shaved. I will be very disappointed with WWE if they go that route. Mysterio got the win at Wrestlemania, let Punk win this one. The match itself should be alright but I'm concerned that Punk will be forced to shave his head.... He should not have to. I give Punk the victory because then he can continue the Straightedge Society angle. Does Rey even need the victory here? No he doesn't! Punk has my vote.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
CM Punk will defeat Rey Mysterio.

I don't understand why Punk had a stip while Rey didn't. What did Punk gain from this win? Nothing. Rey could have been forced to reluctantly join SES and they could have had a fun storyline but Rey always has the deck stacked in his favor. I'm guessing originally he was supposed to put his mask on the line and he didn't want that so instead we had the deck stacked against the heel.

What's WWE thinking stacking the stips in favor of the faces? First MizShow has to run a gauntlet then Punk is in a one-sided stip fight. That makes no sense.

Who was the guy under the ring? Anyone know?

Didnt see the PPV- but read in the results that a bald man came from under the ring to help Punk win somehow. Details were very sketchy.

Just curious if anyone that watched the PPV- recognized who he was? Or even who he resembled thats currently in FCW, maybe?

EDIT: Someone said it was Joey Mercury in another thread. Sorry for the wasted space.

In all likelihood the guy helping CM Punk was Joey Mercury but I sure as hell thought it looked like Daniels when I saw the hood come off... Plus I just thought Mercury was much bigger built before.

Match was very much the same as we've seen week after week really, Rey beats CM Punk one on one and only loses because of outside help. Wasn't boring but wasn't great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back