Christian vs. The Miz US Title

peep4life

FUTURE WWE CHAMPION-ME
Well the title says it all it was announced today that On October 16th at The PNE Agrodome in Vancouver is advertising the match for it's WWE Supershow.
But this match tell us The Miz will still have The US Title in October.

How do you feel about The Miz still having the title in October?
I really dont like because The Miz hardly ever defends the title he's always focusing on something else, Like his 1st reign the Tag Titles and now this one the MITB.

Who will win?
Now me personally would LOVE for Christian to win and bring the title to SD! Since Im a HUGE PEEP incase you didnt know, but I dont think that will happen. So i see The Miz winning sadly

There is a well-known phrase in the wrestling business. "Card subject to change." They are only advertising this because Miz is the current United States Champion. They do this constantly. He may still be the champ or he may not, but just because he is advertised a couple of months down the road as the champion still, doesn't mean that match will take place.

I would like to see a Christian vs. Miz feud for the U.S. Title, but I doubt it will happen. The one Miz will loose the U.S. Title to will either be Evan Bourne, John Morrison, R-Truth, or Ted DeBiase. Or he may even drop the U.S. Title after winning the WWE Title and there is a Fatal Four Way to decide who is the new Champ.

I guess I don't know if they're promoting it as The Miz being the champ, but maybe it will be with Christian as the US champ (would love to see Christian with a belt, would rather its the WHC or the WWE title but what can you do)

I guess I don't know if they're promoting it as The Miz being the champ, but maybe it will be with Christian as the US champ (would love to see Christian with a belt, would rather its the WHC or the WWE title but what can you do)

You know what it didnt say all it said was Raw vs. SD! title match and I agree I would LOVE for Christian to win the World title and still hoping he will and wont quit till he hands up the boots

I think he's proved he can be a credible champ (was one as both heel and face in TNA) I only hope Vince can look beyond the fact that it was a different company and see that he can be on top and can run with it... I know he was ECW Champ, but taking the belt off him right at the end still pisses me off

i hope miz wins honestly i just want someone to hold the US belt and a world title at the same time cause whens the last time someone did that i cant even remember so that would be cool i really do want christian to get a decent push soon though hes well overdue

i hope miz wins honestly i just want someone to hold the US belt and a world title at the same time cause whens the last time someone did that i cant even remember so that would be cool i really do want christian to get a decent push soon though hes well overdue

If Im not mistaken the last time was Booker T on the last epsiode WCW when he beat Scott Steiner to win The WCW World title and he was already the US Champ but I dont think its ever happened in WWE I could be mistaken

I forgot about Booker T, and I think that's how it went down... and I can't remember any dual title holders in WWE that defended the belts seperately, that would be an interesting twist on things especially if the belt on the line wasn't announced until right before the match started.

I forgot about Booker T, and I think that's how it went down... and I can't remember any dual title holders in WWE that defended the belts seperately, that would be an interesting twist on things especially if the belt on the line wasn't announced until right before the match started.

Yeah I agree that would be cool but if i had my way It would be Christian lol and I dont think theres been any duak title holders besideslike a singles title and a tag title the last time I rember anyone trying was It was JBL vs. Mysterio when JBL was Us champ and Rey was WHC but was unnsuccesfull but I dont think anyone has done that in WWE

Chistian as a dual champ would be sweet, I can picture him right before the bell saying "if you didn't know that this match is for the US tile, now you know" lol, that would be awesome

Chistian as a dual champ would be sweet, I can picture him right before the bell saying "if you didn't know that this match is for the US tile, now you know" lol, that would be awesome

It would but Vinnie Mac isnt a Peep sadly :icon_sad: but Im hoping One day Vinnie will realize EVERYONE(Well maybe not everyone but I do and thats all that matters want to me lol)wants Christian to win the title

Yeah its a shame. For all the talk that Vince wants a certain size/body type, Christian is pretty close to Edge as far as that goes, and Edge has a few title runs. I have a feeling its Christian's jump to TNA that's keeping him out of the title picture.

The Miz doesn't need the US title. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, the guy has good heat from the crowd and is establishing himself as a top heel on the roster I just don't think the US title adds anything when you've won Money in the Bank. Maybe he should drop it, but then how do they have him drop it without him losing momentum? A tainted win by someone else? I don't know, I'm not on Creative. I do know that the belt needs to be put on someone else who could run with it and defend it more frequently than it has been recently. Christian, R-Truth or Morrison would be 3 picks.

Honestly, this card means absolutely nothing. I am sure that if the WWE had the choice, this is a card that they would love to put out but at the end of the day, things change constantly in the WWE and I will be very, VERY surprised if they actually manage to put this card out… Especially given that it is very adventurous to say the least.

However, the fact of the matter is that Christian may already be the US Champion by this point. All it states is that Christian will compete against The Miz for the WWE US Championship but I don’t think it states who will be the Champion at that point, does it? All the sources I have seen do not mention it so if I am missing something, please let me know. I know I am reaching a little but you honestly cannot tell me that there is no possibility that Christian might not be the Champion at that point. He deserves it and I think it would be a hell of a feud if those guys ever managed to get it on.

As for The Miz holding the title until October, I honestly could not care less. The fact of the matter is that The Miz is the most credible US Champion since Chris Benoit won it and is bringing back some prestige e to the Championship. He is a main event superstar that is basically feuding with the World Champion at this point. He could hold it until Christmas if he wants, as long as he continues to make it look good. The match with Christian could be the day he loses it but I very much doubt that they will give the Championship to a Smackdown superstar when the US Championship is a Raw exclusive.

I honestly see no sense in giving the championship to Christian. He's on Smackdown, where the Intercontinental championship already is. Why would WWE want to move both to the Smackdown roster?

If The Miz is going to loose the championship in October on the Supershow, I don't see why it couldn't be a guy like Evan Bourne, a guy who have been pushed a little bit here and there as of late, and could honestly use a championship.

Dave already said it nicely, I don't really care how long Miz holds the championship. Honestly I don't see anybody else to carry it right now that would make sense, Miz is a good champion. He might not defend it as often as some wants him to, but he's a credible superstar at the top of his game in the upper mid-card, why wouldn't we want a champion like that?

If Miz is gonna loose the championship at any given point, it should be lost in order to push for another talent to gain something from it, which eliminates Christian, who gains zero from winning the belt, except adding something to his resume, Evan Bourne, Zack Ryder, Ezekiel Jackson, Yoshi Tatsu and hell anyone of the Nexus members could use the championship, and make it work for a push in some manner.

My man that's just promotion, it doesn't mean anything close to the fact that MIZ could still be us champ.

as fas as christian is concerned, uffff I LOVE christian I will be attendind a smackdown house show this sept. in white plains and I'll see christian live!. Vince just doesn't see him as a top tier star, sadly.

I think you're reading a little too much into this. As has been stated, this match could very well be changed at any given time. For all we know, Christian might well somehow wind up winning the title before this show and be the defending champion. The match in and of itself might be changed entirely.

With Christian being on Smackdown and the United States Championship being assigned to the Raw brand, it's unlikely that Christian will win the title anytime soon. Smackdown has the Intercontinental Championship and there's very little chance of Smackdown gaining control of both mid-card titles. I suppose it's possible that Christian, if he were to win could more easily be transferred to Raw without any real reason given.

However, even though it's being advertised as a WWE Supershow, it's still a house show and how often does a title change hands during house shows? I believe the last title change that took place involved the World Tag Team Championship before it was unified with the WWE Tag Team Championship. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch lost the titles to Paul London & Brian Kendrick, but the reign only lasted for about 3 days before they lost the titles back to Cade & Murdoch. If I'm not mistaken, that was roughly 3 years ago at this time. Title changes almost exclusively take place during televised events or on ppv, so the odds are clearly against Christian in this case.

I do think Christian deserves it. The guy's a quality wrestler and I honestly wouldn't have any problem with him in the main event scene. However, The Miz has been a quality United States Champion. I agree that he hasn't defended the title as much as I'd like since he began his second run, but The Miz is always out there and he's always visible. He's extremely high profile right now, so the U.S. title has prestige just by being held by The Miz at this point.

You know, I had a thought this morning about a feud between these 2 guys, but it started tonight. Say the Miz comes out early in the evening to make is announcement about joining team WWE. He says he won't, & goes on to give a speech about the reasons why. Then we hear the GM's bell (or whatever you call it) & Cole reads a message that says: Miz is too big a star not to be in action at one of the year's biggest events. The GM made a trade with Teddy Long, & acquired...Christian! They have a US title match. I think for the benefit of the feud, Christian should win, but it could work either way. The guy who should probably go to Smackdown would be Evan Bourne, where he could have a nice feud with Dolph Ziggler.

Goldberg was also US Champ when he beat Hollywood Hogan for his first World Title in Atlanta. but no have never seen a world title & midcard title on the same guy defending both separately. have seen Lance Storm hold multiple titles defending them all separately think those were US/Cruiserweight/TV champ but could be wrong on witch titles just remember there was 3

but onto topic. would love to see Christian and Miz go at it for the US title. but yeah these cards are always released advertising any championship match with whoever is the champ at the time the card is released. If he cashes in MiTB contract to win the title tonight, he would most likely relinquish the US title tomorrow night on Raw

If Im not mistaken the last time was Booker T on the last epsiode WCW when he beat Scott Steiner to win The WCW World title and he was already the US Champ but I dont think its ever happened in WWE I could be mistaken

Didn't Ultimate Warrior do it..im sure he held the IC and WWF title...

Also yes, like a few have said, its only an advertisement, they will change, they are mostly there to show us what maybe on the card..
Just like when Rey won the world title, he was scheduled to defend it in August, but he lost it before he could defend it.., its the same with posters...Someone may appear on a poster with a belt, but doesn't mean they will be champion when the day comes..

Also I would like Christian to kick Miz's teeth down his throat!!

I have been a fan of Christian since the Brood. The fact he is used as a jobber is disgusting IMHO. He has so much more talent than Drew Mcintyre, Rhodes, and Swagger. CAN'T THEY GIVE HIM 1 HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE RUN?! OR AT LEAST AN IC RUN?!

While I'm a fan of them both, I mean Edge got his first IC in 1999....11 years later Christian has yet to get a real singles title run. That just isn't right...

The fact he is used as a jobber is disgusting IMHO.

He's not used as a jobber, he puts people over. He just had a win against Drew Mcintyre a a couple of weeks ago on Smackdown!

He has so much more talent than Drew Mcintyre, Rhodes, and Swagger. CAN'T THEY GIVE HIM 1 HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE RUN?! OR AT LEAST AN IC RUN?!

As much as I'd love to see Christian get a World Title run, it's not gonna happen, just because 1. Christian is not loved by Vinnie Mac and 2. Christian is doing fine where he is, as a veteran mid-carder. Christian has had an IC title run, I'll explain bellow.

While I'm a fan of them both, I mean Edge got his first IC in 1999....11 years later Christian has yet to get a real singles title run. That just isn't right...

If I'm not mistaken Christian is a 8 time singles champion, it may not be world champion, but it still has the word 'champion' in it.

ECW Championship (2 times)
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (3 times) <----See, 3 times IC champ.
WWF European Championship (1 time)
WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)
WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back