Christian is the NEW World Heavyweight Champion!

Was the crowd reaction for Christian winning WHC best you have seen in years??

• Hell Yeah.. I was jumping along as well.

• Nah.. It was predictable and the crowd was silly..

• I have hearing and attention disorder.. Cant comment..

Results are only viewable after voting.
Congratulations for Captain Charisma. I've been his fan since day one and I think he should have got the title much before he actually did. But anyways, better late than never. I am truly truly happy for Christian. He deserves every bit he's got. This moment will be a cherised for a long-long time to come. And also, I would love to thank Christian for what he's given us. Also, thanks to Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

I don't expect any big competitors for Christian's first couple of feuds. And considering the notoriety of the next two PPVs (Over The Limit & Capitol Punishment), you really don't need the biggest of feuds.

I'd say candidate #1 is likely Mark Henry after his heel turn and attacking Christian on Raw. It could be Sheamus though. I do, however, think whichever one of the two doesn't challenge Captain Charisma will feud with Orton in the meantime.

I do agree with your 5 possible choices, and out of those i'm going to say Mark Henry. Christian probably wont have a serious feud until he feuds with Orton but for now Henry will probably work his way up to Christian quickly(beating Orton due to interference beforehand). If not MH then Sheamus will most likely go on a tear after losing his US title and take out Henry on the way up to show that he's the top heel and he deserves the shot more.

I'd love to see Cody Rhodes use his loss to Rey Mysterio as fuel to make him even more psychotic and deranged and possibly join the main event scene. I'm not saying he should win it but give him a taste of what it's like to be a main eventer and hopefully we can see him cement a spot there later in the future.

The Guys That Could Challenge Christian Are:

Randy Orton:
The biggest superstar on SD now,his bound to be in the title picture very soon! But Orton is a babyface on SD so would Vince let randy go 1 on 1 with christian? Or you could do a Fatal 4 Way for title which allows orton to win.His Still My Number 1 Choice.

'Dashing' Cody Rhodes:
Probly one of the best in ring performers on SD and after his fued with Rey it wont surprise me to see him go for the title.He could use his lose to Rey at Extreme Rules as to be even more demented that before.There is a bright future for Cody he is 25 or 26? So still got a long career

Sheamus:
Just lost his U.S title to Kofi last night.Kofi only won it to bring the title back to raw.Anyway sheamus has to go bk to the main event there are only 3 gd Heels On SD and this guy cant be missed out.A Sheamus Face Turn I Think Is round the corner I think which will be intresting.If he could carry RAW he can carry SD!

Mark Henry:
I dont have much faith in his wrestling abilty...I thought it was pointless for him to have a heel turn.He was talking bout retirement and now vince wants him in the main scene?! Vince must be high on him but i think Mark henry will unfortunately be a world champion before the end of the year :( He could prove me wrong?So i will wait & see.

Thats what i think.Wade Barret maybe another choice but they need to get him out of the ridiculous corre.Thoughts? By the way im 11 so take it easy on me please.

Good stuff with Christian winning!! What a great match too. Even though Christian walked away with the belt, I have to give a HUGE props to Del Rio, he put on an amazing showing and I think almost out performed Christian. How many big knocks and bumps did Del Rio take!!!

Anyway, great match and congrats Christian

I am very happy for Christian. He has put in the dedication and work, and he deserves this honor.

I hope that Christian is billed as a fighting champion and has the opportunity to carry the strap for a while. I think that it is important to establish him as a dominant champion. Let him win, win often, win clean, and carry the title into the November PPV (not sure if it is still Survivor Series).

I'd love to see Cody Rhodes use his loss to Rey Mysterio as fuel to make him even more psychotic and deranged and possibly join the main event scene. I'm not saying he should win it but give him a taste of what it's like to be a main eventer and hopefully we can see him cement a spot there later in the future.

Cody is a good candidate and I HATE that he lost to Mysterio at ER. It made no sense whatsoever other than to let the fans see a face get another win. Cody was the one who needed the win. It could've instantly made him a title contender in the minds of all fans. With Rey, the win really does nothing. We know he's not going to be competing for the WWE Championship anytime soon, if ever. He'll just enter some stupid feud, maybe with Punk and the Nexus. Wasting that match result and not helping project Rhodes into the WHC race was dumb, in my opinion.

I think that the first choice would be for Christian to feud with Orton because he is Smackdown's new top guy to center the show around now that Edge is gone. The two of them could put on an epic feud. Sheamus is another possibility, as is Jericho when he returns if he goes to Smackdown. Christian has never been World Champion before in WWE so the possibilities are endless.

I marked out when Christian won his first World Championship reign in WWE last night. I'm so glad that he finally got a run with the belt because he has deserved it longer than anyone. I hope that he gets to hold it longer than just until his first defense on Smackdown or PPV. He will probably end up losing it to someone like Orton or Sheamus but at least his hard work over the years finally paid off. WWE made the right choice. It was a moment over a decade in the making.

1. Christians Title win was overshadowed by not being the ME?

I don't think it was. Cena/Miz/Morrison was a more important feud. Christian VS Del Rio was more about filling the vacancy of the title rather than a major angle. It did not need to be the main event for Christian to have his moment.

2. Should the World Title match been ME?

No. The WWE title match had a more important angle, and thus it needed to main event. The fans got a good moment reghardless, with faces taking both titles home after the show.

3. Should this Fridays Smackdown be all about Christians title reign celebration.

Yes! It should center around Christian wanting to celebrate his big win, only to get interrupted by all of his new challengers. I think this could be the best Smackdown in a long time if booked correctly because of all the doors that have opened for potential main event feuds that can now begin.

i am happy for christian he has worked long and hard to get that strap lets hope they keep it on him for a while, now the thing is who will he feud with

My only gripe is on how it happened. He was in the position to win because of Edge, and he won because of Edge. It just takes away from it for me. I think he deserves to be champ but I would have liked it more if he did it by himself. He did it kind of heelish and it gives people more reason to doubt he deserves it. I would have loved him to do it alone. Big ups to him doing the spear though.

I was just plain thrilled with this. It was a legitimately emotional outcome to a fantastic match and it's great to see Christian finally have a World Championship run in WWE. Like most of us, I didn't think it was ever gonna happen otherwise it already would have. Christian has always worked hard and he's been a main event level wrestler in my eyes for a long time, so it's always a good feeling to see someone like that reach that level, especially when it doesn't look like he was ever going to. Better late than never, after all.

The match in and of itself was great and the outcome only made it that much more so. When's the last time we saw that much legit emotion from someone winning a World Championship? Even though it wasn't technically Christian's first World Title win, it definitely had that feeling about it and Christian's done a really good job over the course of the past several weeks putting over the title and how much it means to him. I really hope they bring him out on Raw tonight also.

It finally happened and I couldn't be happier for Christian. He truly deserved this and what better way to win it then with the help of your recently retired best friend. Now comes the question of who's next now that Del Rio is gone from SD. I could certainly see a fued with Sheamus or maybe Henry for a token defense. I definitely see this ending in a match with Orton some time in the future at Summerslam probably. However, all of that will come in due time so it's best to enjoy this reign will it last.

Finally, Christian won the title that mattered the most. What seemed an impossiblity just three weeks ago has finally materialised and that too on the best match on the card. If it were left to me, I would have made the match close the show but I guess that fact is kinda irrelavant.

I was a Christian fan from his E&C days. I have always liked him more than Edge because he seemed to be the funnier one to me. Whether it was with the Kazoos or feigning sick, Christian always seemed to be the one taking the lead in those skits and outperforming his older brother.

Then, after E&C ended I fell out of love with Christian for a while. He turned into this little whiner after splitting with Edge and even his much anticipated feud with Edge was rather anticlimatic. Then came his great feud with Chris Jericho and his evolution into Captain Charisma. Jericho has always been pretty boring as a face, at least to me. Him carrying a face Jericho to a great feud restored my faith in him. This was undoubtedly Christian's hottest period and during this time he was also holding his own against a freshly turned face John Cena. However that big push that all us Peeps were so yearning for never materilised. I still believe that it was due to the roster being so stacked at that time but anyways, all of us thought that Christian's moment had passed.

Then he went to TNA. I won't talk a lot about his career there because this is the WWE section after all but I think that we all agree that he was one of the best champions that company ever had. Again I thought that that was all Christian was getting. This feeling was solidified when he returned to WWECW and was soon handed over the ECW title. Mark Henry and Matt Hardy, two solid if unspectacular performers had been treated similarily in the past by handing over the ECW title as a recognition of their hard work and dedication. That was what we thought that WWE was doing with Christian as well, though in the eyes of the peeps he has always been better than either Hardy or Henry. From here on Christian was going to be that veteran midcard babyface who puts young heels over. Or so we thought. And that brings us to 1/5/11.

How symbolic is it that Christian should win his first title on Workers Day? For Christian has been one of the hardest working and most unsung workers in the WWE for a long time. The guy is rarely appreciated and often unfairly looked down upon as not being good enough just like the menial labourers often are. I think that no title win in a long time has carried so much emotional attachment for the fans. This is not a Cinderella story, though. People can claim that he won it off Edge's back and on an inferior brand. Sure, he has not eactly conquered WWE but just made a good use of an opportunity. Maybe the fact that it is a realistic story is what makes the story more appealing.

Have to congratulate Christian. He's gone through the system, been up the card and down it again and he's now finally, finally claimed the world title in WWE. I have to say I'm a still somewhat surprised that they pulled the trigger as Vince is known for not being a fan of Christian but I guess Michael Hayes managed to convince him somehow. Alberto Del Rio also deserves major props for bumping his socks off last night, especially that elbow drop spot. Some nasty looking stuff there. He made Christian look gold and Christian did the same for him.

Christian has earned this title no doubt. He's a veteran who has always done his job. Whether it be as a tag team competitor, a douchey sidekick, the Instant Classic or the face of ECW, Chrsitian has always done it with class and to the best of his ability. He's a hard worker and he's finally been given his due. He worked damn hard to get to the top and he's finally reached the pinnacle. Fully deserved for a true talent. As for whom he faces now, I could see a feud with Henry or Ezekiel Jackson to start off with. Henry is being rebuilt as a monster while Jackson has a legit claim to a title shot having ended Christian's ECW Championship reign. In the long run, I think Christian could really have an excellent feud with either Cody Rhodes or Sheamus, with either taking the title off of him before proceeding to face Orton.

WWE should LEARN from this.

Look how much this meant to Christian, and the fans

then see how they put the strap on dudes like sheamus so fast.

this means something and thats how it should be, a world title win hasnt meant anything since Rey in 06

Christian winning the title reminds me of a few others. Wrestlers who never seemed to be quite cut out for the top spot and struggled for a long time to get there. And when they did, (at least some of them) put their doubters to rest.

In particular he reminds me of Booker T. By the time he won the WHC (the WHC in my book has nothing to do with WCW title) he was already winding down his career. No one expected a dramatic ratings jump from this and no one expected Booker to have a long run, either. But after the dust had settled everyone was very glad that Booker got the ball that one time. Same with Kane (his first championship notwithstanding).

Some of those guys probably exceeded expectations, like Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho and Mick Foley. Usually the WWE ends up having no reason to regret handing the belt to those guys, Benoit being the obvious exception.

Christian is champion. That's great, the circumstances be damned. It's just great that he can put that particular bullet point on his bio. He deserves it.

I don't give a damm how Christian became the champion, whether its just due to Edge's retirement or whatever, but it SO well deserved, I am so pleased for him.

He has worked his ass off for so many years, always been over with the fans but always been held back by Vince and the Office just as he looked set to break through to the main event level. The fans wanted this win so badly, Christian clearly wanted this win so badly. It meant so much to him, and having Edge there at the end of the match must have been a great moment for Christian.

Well done Sir, you deserve it.

I think Christian was in line for some kind of push anyway, but Edge's retirement just meant that the time was right. I think had he not had to leave, he was headed for a feud with a heel Christian anyway, and you can't tell me being put in a feud with Edge was a sign of no confidence from the Creative team.

This could be an expected heel turn for Randy Orton, who will feud with Christain in the future.

I hope this happens too. A Christian / (heel) Orton feud would be brilliant, IMO and could carry through at least 3 PPV's, with Orton eventually winning. It's about time Christian had top gold around his waist too. He's been busting his ass for years and he's always had the charisma and the ability to be a champion. Either way, this was a great move on the part of WWE. I hope that Christian has a long reign as champ.

Christian is so deserving of the world title because of all his contributions to the company. Just hope his reign isn't short lived or be the only time he holds the belt.

I see Christian as an interim Champion if I am honest. He won the belt because he had to. Edge gave it up and Del Rio was been moved to Raw. It made sense from a storyline perspective to have Christian win the gold. Yeh he has worked hard over his career, and probably deserves 'his moment'. But I dont see WWE having alot of trust in him and having him carry Smackdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back