Chicago Region, First Round: (25) Fabulous Ones vs. (40) Dream Team

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Fabulous Ones

• Dream Team

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Chicago Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Rosemont Horizon.

4025414292_5c4bda57d1.jpg

Fabulous_Ones.9.jpg

25. Fabulous Ones

Vs.

01.jpg

40. Dream Team

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

This will probably be the best match that nobody talks about. Believe it or not I think this might be the toughest match in the first round. I'm going to have to go with The Fabulous Ones. They were a pretty influential team in the early 80s. Like the Freebirds they were among the first to incorporate music videos into their gimmicks. Those videos are pretty laughable if you watch them today but 30 years ago The Fabulous Ones were cool (despite the hauntingly awful picture above). I think The Dream Team would give them a hell of a fight but eventually they would go down just like they did to the Bulldogs in the same building.

This is a nice war that really should be a closer seed. Beefcake and Valentine were really underrated as a team. Lane and Keirn were a great pairing that won wherever they went. That is where this goes: Dream Team in the WWF, or the Fabulous Ones in the Territories. My money is on Keirn and Lane.

Very, VERY good matchup. Not many people know about these teams, so I'll give a brief synopsis on why these teams were awesome.

The Fabulous Ones
A team of Steve Keirn (aka Skinner in the WWF) and Stan Lane (as in 'Sweet' Stan Lane, one half of the Midnight Express) were formed by Memphis legend Jackie Fargo, who was known as Fabulous Jackie Fargo, hence the name The Fabulous Ones. They were the dominant tag team in Memphis and were great when they traveled, too. And back in the early '80s, maybe the Rock n Roll Express were cooler than these two, and that says a lot.

The Dream Team
Don't know a whole lot about this team, but the individuals themselves and manager I can talk about. Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake were solid singles competitors who decided to form a team and become one of the most dominant teams in the WWF during the Rock n' Wrestling era. Valentine was a great tag wrestler, having been a champion with Ric Flair in the NWA. They were managed by Johnny Valiant, who was one half of the Valiant Brothers with Jimmy in his heyday.

In this fight, I'd go with the Fabulous Ones simply because they worked face back in those times, and to me, as a booker, I'd have them go over the Dream Team, but make it a classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back