Changing a threads title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit... I was just going to correct you too.:(
Anyways, it should be added to the rules... I doubt many newbies frequent the FAQ, myself included.

Well you should look in the FAQ.

To be honest the poster only asked HOW people become a Mod, which isn't against any rules. And asking to be a Mod isn't against the rules, you just wont be considered for a Mod spot when something comes up.

This Thread better stay closed now.

Both the TNA & WWE spoiler sections have been removed. Don't complain. You never used them. So the T.V. Taping Spoiler threads are now in the TNA & WWE sections. Just because we no longer have spoiler sections, doesn't mean you are allowed to post spoilers.

This is the code if you have one, and want to mention it.

So I was looking around for BB Codes today, and I found a Spoiler code... it works pretty well actually. So if you want to talk about spoilers outside the spoiler forums, you can however they must be these spoiler tags...

[*spoiler=Title of Spoiler]Insert Text[/spoiler]

simply removed the * from the first part and you'll get this

Luther Sucks

And there you go...

If you want to make a spoiler thread. By all means go ahead. Just alert people to the fact it contains a spoiler. Add something along the lines of **SPOILER** in the title.

Any questions?

Also if your making a spoiler related thread. Don't give it a spoiler title. Edge Wins Title would be a spoiler. Use something like World Championship Spoiler.

Just one question. In the bar room discussion moves pretty quickly. So, if you're gone for a few days the threads usually go past four pages. Wouldn't it be better to make the rule (just for the bar room) from four, to like eight?

Just one question. In the bar room discussion moves pretty quickly. So, if you're gone for a few days the threads usually go past four pages. Wouldn't it be better to make the rule (just for the bar room) from four, to like eight?

I can't speak for Jake, but I think in the Bar Room it doesn't particularly matter. Topics hardly come up repeatedly, and it's not like we need to write much on our topics in there. But if you haven't been on for a few days and want to reply to something since you last left, that should be fine.

I know that in the rules it says about not starting new threads if there are exisiting ones, so does this not matter much?

Not if it's recent. As Jake said, make another if it's 4 pages back or over a year old, but making duplicate threads that are all basically the same as another you, or someone else, have made recently will result in the thread being closed and possibly an infraction.

It takes about 3 days for a Bar Room thread to go 4 pages deep. By that time it's redundant, so there isn't any need to post in them anyway. If it serves a purpose then bump it, if not, don't.

I know that in the rules it says about not starting new threads if there are exisiting ones, so does this not matter much?

There are existing threads on almost everything if you look back over old threads. But if it's been inactive for a while you may as well just make a new one.

I also just don't like people bumping up old threads in general. It highlights how spammy this place used to be, and you can't very well infract somebody for a I Love Cena post when somebody at the beginning of the thread gave the same reply.

since we already have a music tournament, what do you guys think about starting a movie tournament

we could have 4 or 5 primarily categories: Action Films, Comedy, Drama, Horror, Musicals, Childrens entertainment (etc) and place a certain amount of films in each category

thoughts?

Would be a good way to get the movies setion busy yeah. As long as criteria was worked out on what we were judging on I could see it working.

Only problem is if you haven't seen a film, it's a lot easier to listen to a song from a new band than to watch a movie.

I can get what your saying as far as new movies, although I'm sure a majority of us have seen some of the older classics

Jake had been kicking this idea around prior to the music tournament, and I think it's a great idea, if run correctly.

The other potential issue is the difference in genre's being SO wide. With the Rock Tourney, the decades make it easy. With films, you'd probably split the regions into movie genres (Comedy Region, Drama Region, Horror Region, etc.) and then when each genre has a champ, you'd have a really difficult "Apples to Oranges" debate on your hands.

Get the mains down, and then you could do what Irish did with the music tourney, and let people choose great movied they think have been left out.

Get the mains down, and then you could do what Irish did with the music tourney, and let people choose great movied they think have been left out.

Yeah, just control it. I didn't expect a 300+ band monster when I started the rock tourney, but it's what I got...

Jake had been kicking this idea around prior to the music tournament, and I think it's a great idea, if run correctly.

The other potential issue is the difference in genre's being SO wide. With the Rock Tourney, the decades make it easy. With films, you'd probably split the regions into movie genres (Comedy Region, Drama Region, Horror Region, etc.) and then when each genre has a champ, you'd have a really difficult "Apples to Oranges" debate on your hands.

That's what I was thinking, maybe get like a Horror, Comedy, Action, Drama, Childrens Classics, Musicals stuff like that

maybe try to get popular main stream movies and clut classics with a few older classics thrown in

I think its a grand idea, but maybe Maybe do after the annual Shocky's annual tag team tourny?

probably, it'll take some time to set the brackets, It depends on how big everyone wants the tournament to be

There are too many tournaments in my opinion. If this is done, it shouldn't be for a while.

If I was going to do it I'd do films by popularity. Not critical acclaim. So no Casablanca, The Third Man even films like Ragin Bull. This forum is populated by people who's cinema experience is limited to Saw and Scray Movie films. That's not a knock on people. But most members are teens.

I'd also limit franchises. 6 Star Wars films is a lot for one tournament. So I'd cut it down to 3 films. Or a different film for each round they get through.

There are too many tournaments in my opinion. If this is done, it shouldn't be for a while.

If I was going to do it I'd do films by popularity. Not critical acclaim. So no Casablanca, The Third Man even films like Ragin Bull. This forum is populated by people who's cinema experience is limited to Saw and Scray Movie films. That's not a knock on people. But most members are teens.

I'd also limit franchises. 6 Star Wars films is a lot for one tournament. So I'd cut it down to 3 films. Or a different film for each round they get through.

Well, instead of limiting it to 3, couldn't we break the first trilogy and the second apart? Or just group them together as one? Same could be done with the Pirates of the Carribean, Matrix, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. (depending on how many movies you're adding)

Personally, if we do a movie tournament.. could we please add The Crow. None of the movies after the original, just the original. It was the only one worth anything.

If you find that your posts have been deleted. Don't complain. Ask yourself if you'd rather be banned instead.

Just deal with it. If the posts are deleted and you haven't recieved an infraction. Be happy. Because we could just give you an infraction. Your post will then just get deleted anyway.

The problem with the movie tournament is the same as the Match tournament. After a couple of posts there isn't much to say about most films. Unless it's something with a twist like Fight Club, Usual Suspects, 6th Sense etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back