Change coming soon?

People's Champ

Bleeding Teal
Ok so there have been a lot of threads discussing the pg rating and whether its good for WWE or not. But I read that they are moving away from pg rating. And the thread "spoilers guest host for 8/24" someone quoted a site saying the godfather hosting will end the pg rating. Now I personally will enjoy this change. It shows that they are catering to their older audience. Now of course this is not for sure and WWE is known to throw these ideas out there just to throw everyone off.
My question is if this happens, how much will it affect the product we see now? Can it freshen up fueds that we've grown tired of, such as orton-hhh? The heel turn that a lot of people want cena to make is now a possibility with the change? There was talk of dx reuniting before shawn michaels retires. Could the change in rating make a dx reunion more watchable and enjoyable? Basically, now that its not just fantasy but actually could be a reality very soon, what can we expect with what would be a TV14 product with mostly a different roster?

Well the PG rating will be around until it stops making money. Whether it's making money now or not is questionable. But until WWE are sure it's costing them money, then the PG rating will not be gonig anywhere.
Now as for switching back to TV14 or whatever it is.... Meh. Smackdown is as good as it's possibly ever been. They've taken some of the focus off storylines and just started giving us a good 40+ minutes of wrestling. People are always complaining about how there seems to be less wrestling on wrestling shows, well there ya go. Smackdown is putting on great wrestling matches. Particularly CM Punk matches in recent weeks have been superb. The PG rating coupled with the last draft seems to have been doing wonders for SD. The writers don't seem to be trying to think of PG-friendly angles that are still good like the writers on Raw are trying so hard to do. And goddamnit, SD is good.
Raw would benefit from being out of the PG rating. The scene on Raw reminds me alot of Raw back in 2000. Instead of The Rock, Austin, Angle and Triple H, we have Cena, Batista, Orton and.... Triple H. But people didn't complain about the same 4 guys being in the main event scene back then. Sure, those 4 guys were quite alot better than the ones we have now. And there were occasional cameo appearances from upper midcard guys like Kane and The Undertaker in the main event. But generally, the same few guys were the ones having the main event matches.
People have been throwing out solutions to this problem for literally years. Triple H and Batista would help. But they'd be replaced by 2 younger guys and the cycle would begin again. And if we had more than 4 or 5 people in the main event scene, it would get crowded. The short title reigns would be happeneing constantly. So I'm thinking we need fresh cutting edge storylines. Something like the Triple H/Stone Cold angle that led up their No Way Out 3 Stages of Hell Matches. My god, that was an awesome rivalry. We need those kinds of rivalries back again. Orton vs Trips was almost as good as that at the start, with Orton destroying the Mcmahon family, but they fucked that up.
Back in the attitude era, rivalries weren't settled with a somewhat hyped up match followed by 4 rematches. There was 1 hugely hyped up match and 1, possibly 2 rematches. Sometimes there weren't any rematches.
Now I think the attitude era was somewhat overrated as most of the midcard was absolutely horrible, which I think is a contrast today. But how feuds were built in the attitude era is something the PG era needs to take tips from.
Although, people still won't stop complaining. So meh, screw the fans.

If your hoping for a miracle to happen if in fact WWE goes back to TV14, I wouldnt hold your breath. I cant remember exactly when they made the change to PG anymore, but I do know that they were putting on some pretty unwatchable shit before it happened as well. The problem with WWE right nw is not the rating, its the writing. Its mostly rehashed overproduced bullshit and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that it has killed the product over the last 5 or so years. However, so long as Vince is making money with what he's got going on right now, their probably wont be much of a difference in how the show is presented to us, regardless of the rating. Which is pretty sad for most of us who grew up watching wrestling in the 80's and 90's.

No miracle wishing here. Just thought that since there is a date now that possibly could end the pg era, what does everyone think of what might be a big change. I would like it, but not holding my breath. Ill wait to see if this becomes reality. And I won't have to wait long to find out.

Seriously...if you think a guest host can be a hint that the show is going to go back to TV14, you are living in your parents' basement

Seriously...if you think a guest host can be a hint that the show is going to go back to TV14, you are living in your parents' basement

If you read that piece you would see that they said the WWE is talking inside about doing away with the pg rating, and that bringing the godfather as a special guest host would symbolize the end of the pg rating. Now I don't know if that was the purpose of this whole guest host but the godfather/pg rating scenario has been discussed.

i dont see a HUGE change in the product. they will still shove this HHH/Orton feud at us. although i think it would be nice if cena would turn heel. he was heel a several years ago and i enjoyed it. if he goes back to rapping and making fun of his opponents more often then that would be great.

So i think we could see the feuds become more entertaining but im not sure if we will see a HUGE change in the product because WWE will remember kids are still watching and WWE cant just go all "attitude" on us (although it would be freakin awesome)so they will most likely keep the violence and language toned down a bit, but like another poster said...it doesnt make since to have fighting PG

Vince McMahon made a bad desicion in the first place.You can't make wrestling PG.There's nothing PG about smashing a human being through a table off a ladder that's like 10 feet.Nothing PG about being smashed through glass and being smacked in the head with a sledge hammer.It's TV14 or a ring covered with rainbows and ponies and everyone shaking hands and hugging if you're gonna make it PG.If the change happens,it's not gonna take a big effect on the RAW or SD Brand.ECW Will boost to about or higher level than RAW and SD.

Just as the PG rating didn't affect the product hugely, this new rating will not. There may be slightly more profanity, sexual themes, and violence, but I assure you that it won't be anything major. The feuds will carry on as normal, as well as everything else, just a little more spice.

i hate the pg thing. its wrestling. guys beating eachother up. how can fighting be pg. it really doesnt make sense.

Maybe because a PG-13 rating isn't sunshine and rainbows?

If the WWE truly wanted to go in a new direction with a "family" outlook, I don't think a PG-13 rating really helps. If they really softened up the show, which is extremely unlikely and almost comical, it wouldn't really be wrestling. People need to take the Parental Guidance rating a little less serious here. The WWE has never given any indication that they want to make the show a family program in the future.

The PG rating is most likely the acknowledgement of more younger people watching the show. If anything's changed, it's already happened when John Cena and Batista won the world titles in '05, the 'Cerebral Assassin' became a babyface, ECW's image tarnished, and DX became ultimately became more popular with kids than adults when reunited. Nothing is really going to change, at least anything major.

What can change anyway that hasn't already? We have already seen a decline in sexual slurs or stimulated drug use & satanic gimmicks, since like, what? 2003? The attitude era is over.

As long as RAW can put up a quality show, I am satisfied.

I'm just hoping for some blood.On wwe.com,they turn photos with blood black and white.On WWE 24/7 on demand,they turn matches with blood in them black and white.It makes me sick.Everybody bleeds,so what the fuck is wrong with it?Do parents not want their five year olds to see blood,because if those yuppie motherfuckers do they need a Reality Check (and no that wasn't a Miz pun.)It's bullshit!If those motherfuckers keep on editing blood I'll go fucking crazy.:crucified:That's right,I'll crucify a smiling icon.(cough,vince,cough)

omg...
wwe was better off tv-14
its not that bad now but everytime i watch wwe im not completely satisfied
i miss the cursing,sex, and extreme violence mannn
at least if it were tv-pg dslv they would be able todo the same shit!
its just tv-pg V which means just a mild amount of violence
i feel like im watching nickelodeon guts sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back