• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When the "PG" Era is thru

TKO 3:16

Occasional Pre-Show
Simply question to you all.

We all know that the wrestling buisness has had its "cycles", the gimmick era, the attitude era, and now the PG era. I'm pretty sure that we are in the "winding down" part of the PG era, its been here a couple of years now and has ran its course and became "stale" to most. Now some will say that only when Linda is thru running for senate it MIGHT change, but the fact is that Vince knows what the "golden age" did to this business, and IF TNA starts getting on a roll and Vince finds himself "backed" into a corner I'm sure there would be thoughts flying around the room and I'm sure SOMEONE would suggest lifting the rating. Not saying that's what will happen but you catch my drift.

When will this "cycle" change its course, is it sooner than we all expect or is it far off from now? And who do you think will still be around if/when an era change does happen? Who will be the "main event" at that time?
Or is Vince to "high" on wanting to please everbody and he keeps the PG rating until the company is taken over by Steph and HHH?

The PG era probably has a ways to go. TNA is not as close as some would like to believe. I think TNA is going to take at least another two years to even be competitive. The PG era is making a lot of money, especially merchandise sales. So I would guess it will be at least 3 years before they switch directions. So, no I don't think this era is winding down, even though I would like for it to go away.

IF the PG era ends roughly three years from now, things will look much different in the WWE. Taker and HBK will most definitely be gone. Batista will be gone, more than likely, same goes for Jericho. I don't see Batista and Jericho being around another 3-4 years. Some people may believe HHH will be gone as well, but I don't buy that. He looks and wrestles like he is 30, even though he may not FEEL 30. Big Show will be retired or in TNA.

By that time, guys like Ted DiBiase, John Morrison, the Miz, Cody Rhodes, etc. will be more than prepared to take the big spots left available. So while I don't believe they will be void of talent, things will look much, much different.

John Cena will still be around, but I am not sure how well he will fit into a more adult-oriented show. If he turns heel, he can do alright. But this guy is a big reason WWE will be reluctant to turn away from the little kids. He sells TONS of merchandise, and is currently the face of the product.

My choice to take over that main-guy spot in a more adult-oriented company would be Randy Orton. This guy is wrestling about 10-12 years too late. He has Attitude Era written all over him, he's only 29, and the crowd is really starting to show him some love, despite him being their most evil, sadistic heel. I think this show that people are ready for a more adult-oriented product, but is the WWE ready to make that change? I don't think they are, and probably won't be for another 3 or 4 years.

I expect the PG era to end after the September elections. The odds are very long for Linda McMahon to win election to the senate. If she decides to run for any other offices int he near future PG will continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back