Change Any Current WWE Stars Career Thus Far.

Hem

Getting Noticed By Management
Okay, this is a thread I personally have yet to see on the Wrestlezone discussion forums. The topic is simple. Which current WWE stars career would you change, for the better or worse, and why? Try not to say things like "I'd fire John Cena" or "Tyson Kidd would be WWE champion." Make changes which are realistic, could better the business and program in several aspects.

My choice as to who I'd like to change is Antonio Cesaro.

The choice was one which was very simple for me, Cesaro is a crazy performer. If you don't see anything special in him then go watch the match against John Cena from RAW about a year ago. If you want something better watch his Steel Cage match against Luke Harper from Chikara wrestling, you can find both on youtube.

Ever since debuting Antonio has done nothing overly special that would make one think that he's the next big thing. If all you see is the big swing, then sure you'll be impressed but never a huge fan.

I think if Cesaro isn't special just search for "Claudio UFO" on Youtube, I'm sure you'll see why the man is special.

Okay anyways, what would I do to change his career thus far?

If I was the sole man booking Antonio Cesaros career after arrival in the WWE I would have him debut by attacking Mark Henry during the whole Hall Of Pain gimmick. You could see a guy being beaten down by Mark Henry and out comes this new kid, he walks into the ring and yells, "Hit me Mark, come on, try me!" Mark Henry backs off. After this you show him telling his story of sleeping on floors, walking for hours, fighting for the hell of it and enduring unimaginable pain for years. You have Cesaro show his power, determination and heart by hitting big moves like the Neutralizer, Uppercut, Big Swing on the worlds strongest man.

After a few months Cesaro would go and move on to the IC title and become the longest reigning and defending champion of the past 10 years. This would add to his list of achievements and give him some credible feuds and matches for a title which could regain prestige.

After finally losing the title Cesaro should have been paired up with John Morrison to form a perfect power and agility tag team. They could go and win the tag titles but end in mid 2013 when Cesaro turns heel. They lose the titles and Cesaro says he is here to be at the top, not in a tag team with a loser. Cesaro comes out the winner in that feud.

The tag team would elevate Cesaros standing in the eyes of the people and then he would go on to win the Money In The Bank and cash it in when Daniel Bryan announced he could not continue to defend the title due to injuries. This would give Cesaro major heat from stealing the title from a legit hurt Daniel Bryan.

The title reign would set up Cesaro as the newest Paul Heyman guy but he would go onto drop his title to John Cena at the battleground PPV and say that he will get his rematch later but his best friend, Brock Lesnar would get the match at Summerslam.

This would see Cesaro drop back down to the IC title but defend as a major title in the absence of fellow Paul Heyman guy, Brock Lesnar. Eventually Cesaro would on to cost Brock his match at the Royal Rumble PPV claiming that Brock is not the best friend he thought he was. Paul and Brock used him as a pawn and got the best of him. They fight at WM 31 this year where Brock goes over but also raises Cesaro's arm while leaving to show that Brock did really consider him a friend.

I know many aspects to this major career revaluation of Cesaro will seem horrible to many people but hey, I would love to see it go down this way and I guess I'm just voicing my opinion.

So, now that mine is out, who would you guys change career wise?

There are several stars careers, in a perfect world, that I would love to tweak & change some details but I'm going to focus on a few guys that I genuinly feel WWE missed the boat on.

1) RYBACK: I would have never attempted to turn him heel - he was on a steady rise to top & I believe he could've been a lower level mainevent talent. When they turned him heel it absolutely destroyed his momentum & he has never recovered.

2) BRODUS CLAY: I would have never made him a dancing idiot!! He had an intimidating look & powerful but agile move set - I would've packaged him a lot like a Bam Bam Bigelow or Vader. He may have never been a main eventer but he could've been a solid Big Man that could've had a phenomenal run.

3) CURTIS AXEL: I would have made him a modern day version of his father and I would've capitalized on his heritage & popularity of Mr. Perfect. Put him in a singlet/clean cut, have him carry a towel & allow him to use his fantastic athleticism to become a mainstay in the I.C. title hunt.

I could've went into further detail but tried to give just a quick snap shot of my ideas.

Honorable mentions: Had Cena Turn Heel during his Rock fued, Have New Day be a modern Nation of Domintion (and add Mark Henry as their leader

Wade Barrett - the hottest story of 2010 would've been rebooked with the Nexus actually staying dominant at Summer Slam with Barrett beating Cena in a one on one match. Barrett would've moved on quickly to NoC, and won the World Title in the six pack challenge. Cena and Barrett would've continued the feud at Hell in the Cell, with Barrett retaining. This saves the seven on seven elimination match for the PPV it should've been on which is Survivor Series. Barrett would stay strong all the way to Wrestlemania where he'd eventually drop the title back to Cena or possibly Orton in the main event.

This would've gotten Barrett's career off to the start it needed given how hot the Nexus storyline was at the time.

Kofi Kingston - After he beats Randy Orton at Survivor Series 2009 and TLC 2009, have him win the no.1 contender spot for the World Heavyweight Championship at Royal Rumble, and beat Undertaker by DQ. This happens when he repeatedly hits the Trouble in Paradise and gets only 2.5 pin counts on Taker. Following which, he snaps , takes a steel chair and beats the hell out of Taker before Shawn saves Taker (due to that ongoing feud).

Kofi retreats and enters the Chamber match. Jericho gets 'injured' and stretchered out of the match. It's down to Taker and Kofi, the action goes back and forth, when the lights go out and out comes Shawn to cost Taker the match. But out of nowhere, Shawn's Sweet Chin Music to Taker is thwarted by a Trouble in Paradise, only for Kofi to eat a Last Ride from Taker and get eliminated. Taker thinks he has won, when Jericho sneaks in and hits a codebreaker on Taker, becoming Champion. Then Undertaker can face Batista and John Cena in a triple threat for the WWE championship, Kofi vs Shawn will be a retirement match for Shawn, putting Kofi over in the process. Give Kofi a few runs with either of the top tier championships, and solidify him as an upper mid-carder / main eventer.

Keep the WHC on Big Show leading into WM 29 (Del Rio and Swagger could feud over the US title). Have Ryback win the Royal Rumble and challenge Show at Mania, where he would have a Wrestlemania moment hitting Shell Shocked on the giant and winning the title. Unify the titles at Wrestlemania 30 and actually make it a big deal. Make it Ryback vs Cena, Orton, Lesnar, etc.

Bray Wyatt wins the Rumble and challenges The Streak instead of a title and ends it instead of Lesnar. And you don't break up the Wyatt Family for a long time, and make it a big deal leading to a triple threat match when you do.

Build Lesnar up from the beginning of his return. No losses to Cena or HHH. Give him the WWE title and maybe have him against Ryback to unify the titles at WM 30.

Don't release Muhammad Hassan, give him the US title and maybe the world title if he progresses to that level.

If I had to pick just one person, it would likely be Ryback.

Personally, I still think that Ryback has the potential to be a much bigger deal than what he is now. And going back a few years, he definitely had the opportunity to make that happen. But for one reason or another, he was unable to capitalise on that potential. Obviously, there has been reports of him being lazy, intentionally hurting people or being careless in the ring. But still, if I could change one thing in his career, then it would be that.

The WWE are currently using him in a way that some big men have been used in the past and it's not working out for him; he's just being lost in the shuffle as of right now. But if we could rewind back a few years and have his career trajectory stay on the same path as what it was, then would have been awesome. Ryback versus Lesnar could have been awesome this year as well as some other matches that he could have been put in. But that's life and that's what Ryback is reaping.

1. Triple Trash, err I mean Triple H. Change his career back to being a mid-card guy when he was HBK's bitch in the original incarnation of D/X. Had he not been such a jerk who wormed and politicked his way into his spot, I always felt he would've gone down as an Arn Anderson type -- a great "enforcer" (pun intended) to "the guy," as he was NEVER the guy, regardless of what Vince and the machine want us to think.

2. Daniel Bryan. Give him the belt back, let him have his run, and stop burying him when he so clearly deserves better.

Stardust

Since they dropped the long-awaited Stardust vs. Goldust feud, they might as well turn Stardust back into Cody Rhodes. The Stardust gimmick is irrelevant now that Goldust isn't in the picture anymore. I don't understand how they just have Stardust chase the IC title after all they did with the Rhodes Bros and even have Dusty involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back